Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,010 members, 7,814,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? (10669 Views)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / It's Biblical To Reject Drugs When You're Sick / The Meaninglessness Of "I Have A Deep Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Ranchhoddas: 10:23am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Higher institution 2012
What language did He speak, what colour of clothes was He putting on, did you take pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Iseoluwani: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What language did He speak, what colour of clothes was He putting on, did you take pictures?

Thought you had brain that you answered you in the 1st

Brain yakari
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Iseoluwani: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

I rly pity you, u have been brainwashed beyond repair. Well, I leave you to Allah to make you find the true path before it's too late. May Allah have mercy on you.

Praise be to Allah. The supreme one

Surah 57:3 of the Qur’an refers to Allah as “the First and the Last, the Most High and the Most Near.” The Old Testament agrees that God is the “First and the Last,” as we read in the Book of the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 44:6—Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me.”

When “LORD” is written in all capitals in the Old Testament, the term refers to Yahweh, the creator of the universe. Since both the Bible and the Qur’an give the title “the First and the Last” to God, it should be quite shocking for Muslims to open the New Testament and read Revelation 1:17-18, where Jesus says:

“Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

Would a mere prophet claim to be the “First and the Last”?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by doll912(f): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2016
F
Femiwilli:

That you believe in God does not change the fact that hell awaits u for denying God lipsrsealed

Just who are you to judge? Preach and teach, don't judge and condemn. You are not Christian because you don't wanna go to hell. You are a Christian because you love God and you value his word and you have seen his miracles in your life and you hope to spend eternity with him. So until you can convince an unbeliever through God's help that God loves him and his ready to make him a son, all your hell threats will sound like balderdash. Be blessed.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Surah 57:3 of the Qur’an refers to Allah as “the First and the Last, the Most High and the Most Near.” The Old Testament agrees that God is the “First and the Last,” as we read in the Book of the prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 44:6—Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me.”

When “LORD” is written in all capitals in the Old Testament, the term refers to Yahweh, the creator of the universe. Since both the Bible and the Qur’an give the title “the First and the Last” to God, it should be quite shocking for Muslims to open the New Testament and read Revelation 1:17-18, where Jesus says:

“Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.”

The new testament is a book of lies written by the devil to deceive multitudes and lead them away from Allah. You my friend are on the way to eternal damnation
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Iseoluwani: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

The new testament is a book of lies written by the devil to deceive multitudes and lead them away from Allah. You my friend are on the way to eternal damnation

I can't be your friend!!!!

What Concord has light got to do with darkness

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Ranchhoddas: 10:36am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Brain yakari
In other words, you did not meet anybody

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:

The guy na idiot before sef. Abeg help me tell am say make him cry well well. Shebi him and your own momsi dey share the same bed. I heard they fell in love grin
Boss u badt gan grin grin grin
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by doll912(f): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Hell isn't a nice place but your PMAN JUST TILD ME HE Z THERE AND CRYING BITTERLY

Just listen to your self. Listen to rubbish you are saying as a Christian. Cover your face in shame. His pman ( his father)? Really?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by doll912(f): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

Eh! Tomorrow somebody will say we are worshiping same God.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

I can't be your friend!!!!

What Concord has light got to do with darkness

you are the true darkness, your father is the devil the deceiver of all nations, yet I did not condemn you but called you my friend bcus I am for peace.

well my last reply to you, I leave you to Allah to help you find the truth
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by OgundeleT(m): 11:37am On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Brain yakari
and u think you have brain with the way hahn and realmindz has been making jest of you since? common sarcasm u don't understand
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by horlumiday(m): 12:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:
The relationship anyone has with any god is definitely personal. Since it, "God", only exists in the imagination of the one who believes in it and not in reality.
Really, so God aint real... wow.. then answer these questions...
1. What happens when we die?
2.What if you are wrong and there is a heaven and hell?
3.Without God, where do you get your morality from?
4.Where did the universe come from? (dnt try n tel me sumtin blew up)
5.Explain miracles happening all over the world?
6.If there is no God, why does every society have a religion?
7.Why is America using 'In GOD we trust' as their motto despite the fact that they have the highest number of atheists
8.Why are people getting married in the church? i knw you probably wanna get married there too
9.People love swearing with a bible.. why?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by 1b8m: 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
i keep saying it that God is not a sky daddy as most people imagine. God is in every one of us, in a secret place called heaven revealed only to those who live by the golden rule irrespective of their religion. religious turmoil will never cease until this divine truth is understood.

back to the argument, yes every one should have a personal relationship with his/her God. this is because God reveals himself to people by virtue of space and time. allowing your pastor/imam guide you is religion, allowing God guide you is spirituality
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Adonisj(m): 12:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
Titus 3:9-
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

To fellow Chritstians in the House. #shutyourmouth what anyone who doesn't believe is Prayers. There's nothing you as a person can do or say to change or transform a soul. Is it not Jehovah, Yahweh, with him all things are possible.Titus 3:9-
But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

To fellow Chritstians in the House. #shutyourmouth what anyone who doesn't believe is Prayers. There's nothing you as a person can do or say to change or transform a soul. Is it not Jehovah, Yahweh, with him all things are possible.
Titus 3:9-

To fellow Chritstians in the House. #shutyourmouth what anyone who doesn't believe is Prayers. There's nothing you as a person can do or say to change or transform a soul. Is it not Jehovah, Yahweh, with him all things are possible.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by TeamSimple(m): 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
chiedu7:

Sorry I will be in heaven with Jesus, unlike moslems & mohammed can't save.

Mark 16:16 (KJV)
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus went to heaven in the view of people,

Act 1
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

unlike mohammed that is dead ,buried and allah cannot save

Sura 46:9
"I am not something original among the messengers, NOR DO I KNOW WHAT WILL BE DONE WITH ME OR WITH YOU(MUSLIMS)."

mohammed is dead becos allah cannot save, JESUS IS ALIVE
The person you quote ain't a Muslim, and am very sure about the that.
You can't be a true Muslim and insult Jesus. Please be careful how you deal with religious related issues, don't get carried away with so much emotions.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

I am not here to argue but just want to ask you a question?
Do you believe in Jesus?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by boujaye: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
chiedu7:

The saying “HAVING PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD” is that what God is looking for?

The Key is to worship in spirit and truth, then a relationship comes as a by-product.
That is not true, relationship with God, is never a by product. There is no way you can worship God in truth and in spirit without developing a personal relationship with Him. Worshiping God in truth and spirit is knowing Him as God, obeying Him, living a holy life and having faith in Him and His word. Not mere raising up of seemingly holy hands and uttering words of praise to God. Bro Cain used to give a holy offering until he broke it, yet coming to worship as usual, which God rejected.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
Gbadegesin19:

I am not here to argue but just want to ask you a question? Do you believe in Jesus?
there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet

What are you saying?
This ain't even a good way of red-herring.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by femi4: 2:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Wow! You open my eyes there

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by femi4: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
boujaye:
That is not true, relationship with God, is never a by product. There is no way you can worship God in truth and in spirit without developing a personal relationship with Him. Worshiping God in truth and spirit is knowing Him as God, obeying Him, living a holy life and having faith in Him and His word. Not mere raising up of seemingly holy hands and uttering words of praise to God. Bro Cain used to give a holy offering until he broke it, yet coming to worship as usual, which God rejected.
At last, somebody don answer the question. The thread was really derailed

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by zionzoe(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

I rly pity you, u have been brainwashed beyond repair. Well, I leave you to Allah to make you find the true path before it's too late. May Allah have mercy on you.

Praise be to Allah. The supreme one
JUST IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE WHO WAS ONCE LIKE YOU.....RELIGION ASIDE , JUST USE YOUR COMMON SENSE, ARE YOU NOT SUPPOSED TO ASK HIM WHY HE LEFT ISLAM? THE TRUTH IS THIS....THE DAY ANY ONE CAN PROVE BEYOND DOUBT TO ME THAT THIS IS ONE SINGLE THING THAT JESUS/ISA ALMASIU DID WRONG , THEN I WILL STOP FOLLOWING HIM...SOME TIMES RELIGION BLOCKS OUR REASONING. SOMETIMES I IMAGINE THIS , CAN WE ALL BECOME A CERTAIN RELIGION FOR I MONTH , STUDY AND ASK ALL ABOUT IT , THEN SETTLE FOR THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU LIBERTY TO EXIST AND LOVE AND BE LOVED,...YOU WILL NOT BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Gbadegesin19:

What are you saying? This ain't even a good way of red-herring.
ok, dnt be vexed. I believe Jesus a prophet of Allah
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
zionzoe:
JUST IMAGINE HOW YOU ARE TALKING TO SOMEONE WHO WAS ONCE LIKE YOU.....RELIGION ASIDE , JUST USE YOUR COMMON SENSE, ARE YOU NOT SUPPOSED TO ASK HIM WHY HE LEFT ISLAM? THE TRUTH IS THIS....THE DAY ANY ONE CAN PROVE BEYOND DOUBT TO ME THAT THIS IS ONE SINGLE THING THAT JESUS/ISA ALMASIU DID WRONG , THEN I WILL STOP FOLLOWING HIM...SOME TIMES RELIGION BLOCKS OUR REASONING. SOMETIMES I IMAGINE THIS , CAN WE ALL BECOME A CERTAIN RELIGION FOR I MONTH , STUDY AND ASK ALL ABOUT IT , THEN SETTLE FOR THE ONE THAT GIVES YOU LIBERTY TO EXIST AND LOVE AND BE LOVED,...YOU WILL NOT BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.
People have left christianity to become Atheists, so that should conclude that Atheism has more truth than Christianity....
am I making sense?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by zionzoe(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO YOUR SELF, I WANT TO ASK YOU THIS QUESTION, WHEN A BRANCH DISRESPECT THE THREE IT GREW FROM WHAT HAPPENS TO IT? BE FOR MOH WAS BORN OR IS GRAND PARENT, THE JEWS BELIEVED IN ONE GOD, MONOTHEISM. WHY SHOULD A PROPHET FROM GOD ORDER THAT THEY SHOULD BE KILLED? WHY IS ISLAM NOT SUBMITTING AND RESPECTING THE JEWS IN ANY WAY, BUT RATHER FIGHTING IT? IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A REASONABLE ANSWER, IT WILL HELP A LOT. THANKS
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by MrPresident1: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Living in the fear of God is having a personal relationship with God.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by zionzoe(m): 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

ok, dnt be vexed.
I believe Jesus a prophet of Allah
ONE DAY WHEN HE APPEARS IN HIS GLORY, THERE WONT BE ANY ARGUMENT IF HE IS A ORDINARY PROPHET OR HE IS THE GOD THAT MADE AND SPOKE TO THOSE PROPHETS.
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
zionzoe:
ONE DAY WHEN HE APPEARS IN HIS GLORY, THERE WONT BE ANY ARGUMENT IF HE IS A ORDINARY PROPHET OR HE IS THE GOD THAT MADE AND SPOKE TO THOSE PROPHETS.
Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar! Almighty Allah have mercy on this lost sheep. Allahu Akbar!
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar! Almighty Allah have mercy on this lost sheep. Allahu Akbar!

Why give atheist a soothing satisfaction because of lack of reason?
Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
realmindz:

ok, dnt be vexed.
I believe Jesus a prophet of Allah

But you believe the 'new testament is evil' how?
It's such as saying you believe in democracy but don't believe in right of speech.

1 Like

Re: Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"? by realmindz: 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
Gbadegesin19:

But you believe the 'new testament is evil' how?
It's such as saying you believe in democracy but don't believe in right of speech.

Pls ur analogies don't apply. As much as u don't believe in Mohammed and the Holy Quran, the msg of Islam will appear as foolishness to you. The new testament is a flaw.

The Holy Quran is the only truth and the light to deceptions of religion.

Praise be to Allah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft / God Created Everyone For A Purpose.what About miscarried babies? / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.