Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ (2438 Views)

Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Jesus Christ Vs Prophet Mohammad Who Is More Superior? / Tithe: What Belongs To Christ Vs Covetousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by rexben(m): 12:56am On Jun 22, 2016
Peritus:
1. Teachings of grace never encourage sin, but that our worthiness is not because of our works (just like the Pharisees believe).
2. Do you really read the gospels? Haven't you seen several places Christ disobeyed the law, and in one occasion he maintained that he was guiltless and the Lord of Sabbath? We are no longer under the law. The law has finished it's work. Christ is the fulfilment of it.
3. It's either you don't know the meaning of grace and faith, or you are just a confused fellow. Christianity is rooted on faith. Salvation is for those who believe. Abraham was called righteous not because he kept the law, but because he believed and trusted God.
Did Moses die a righteous man? Do you know what saved him? God says, I will have mercy on those whom I will have mercy on.
4. The epistles you despise critically disproves sin, making it clear that if you walk in sin, you walk in darkness.
5. Christ says that if our righteousness does not exceed that of the Pharisees, we won't make heaven. The pharisees are know for keeping the law, fleshly.

I pray you be filled with the knowledge of His will, in wisdom and spiritual understanding. Col 1:9.
According to Paul,his followers are saved by grace not by works (as for me,i am disciple of Jesus,i believe in the words of Jesus only John 8:31-32). He also taught predestination(once saved forever saved). So according to this doctrine,it doesn't matter what you do,you are forever saved.
Jesus came to fulfill(perfect,fill-full) the laws. In Israel,there are two sets of laws. The ten commandments and the ceremonial laws. The ceremonial laws were not given by God,it was these laws that Jesus broke not the ten commandments.
He fulfilled or perfected the law by tightening it. For example
21 "You have heard that it was said to an older generation, ' Do not murder ,' and 'whoever murders will be subjected to judgment.' 22 But I say to you that anyone who is angry with a brother will be subjected to judgment. And whoever insults a brother will be brought before the council, and whoever says 'Fool' will be sent to fiery hell.
Matt 5:21-22.
So,Jesus gave us His perfect commandments and He expects us to obey them if we love Him. His commandments are His words as recorded in the synoptic gospels.
The person who does not love me does not obey my words. And the word you hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.
John 14:24
If you love me, you will obey my commandments.
John 14:15
You are right! We are not under the Israelites laws but under the obedience of Jesus words.
Paul's concept of salvation is wrong. Jesus said
And you will be hated by everyone because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Matt 10:22
According to Jesus,nobody is saved yet,unless you endure to the end.
As for mercy,in order to receive mercy,this what you should do. Be merciful.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Matt 5:7
This is the only way to receive mercy from God,if you are not merciful,you will not be shown mercy.
The Pharisees were practising eye service,they are men pleasers like Paul did too. They don't even believe in Jesus(their major problem).

1 Like

Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by rexben(m): 12:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmao! No foundation, you say? No idols, you say??

Before Gideon could carry out his great commission of delivering Israel from the hands of their enemies, he first of all had to pull down the evil idol altars of his father's house. God specifically chose him for the job, but he first had to deal with his foundation, vis the polluted altars he was born to meet in that household. He was a righteous man, but STILL, God told him "PULL DOWN THE ALTAR OF (the idol of your father's house) BAAL!! CLEAR the nonsense that is by it.

Gideon's father, Joash inherited if from his own father, and before then, his father's father (ancestors). Gideon too would have inherited it from his own father once the man died but God had a different plan for him

Judges 6: 25-27. However I will advise you to read the whole chapter

25 And it came to pass the same night, that the Lord said unto him, Take thy father's young bullock, even the second bullock of seven years old, and throw down the altar of Baal that thy father hath, and cut down the grove that is by it:

26 And build an altar unto the Lord thy God upon the top of this rock, in the ordered place, and take the second bullock, and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the grove which thou shalt cut down.

27 Then Gideon took ten men of his servants, and did as the Lord had said unto him: and so it was, because he feared his father's household, and the men of the city, that he could not do it by day, that he did it by night.

One of the biggest battles many people are fighting today are a result of ancestral evil yokes, dedications and idolatory. When those who served these idols died, they left the battle for the innocent children to fight because when they worship them, they say "I and my children will forever serve you". Now when they are no more and these children refuse to serve them, problem enters.

Our God is a respecter of covenants, so when they table your matter in the court of heaven, they say "so and so owes me, they promised me, they sacrificed so and so, such and such, so I have a legal ground. They have been covenanted to me".

Unless the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Mr Man, stop deceiving yourself and go and handle your foundation. From all you have written you need to do it as a matter of urgency because you are living a life that is upside down, meanwhile the devil has blocked your eyes to see the true situation of things. Don't let them waste you.

I pray the Lord show you mercy.
Idol in your foundation? If i may ask,are you from Benin?
Enjoy this life? Jesus said
The one who loves his life destroys it, and the one who hates his life in this world guards it for eternal life.
John 12:25.
Jesus replied, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3
To be born from above is to be born the second time. The second birth (spiritual) cancels out first birth (physical).
So,if you are born again,you are born of the Spirit. Your parentages change from YOUR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS TO GOD. YOUR BIOLOGICAL SIBLINGS CHANGE TO GOD'S CHILDREN.
You will have powers,foundational idols,ancestral covenants oppressing you only if you are not a child of God.
Are you a child of God? If you are a child of God,you will always and gladly obey your Father,you will desire to go back to Him. You damn strangers,and obeys your Father's words only.

1 Like

Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by easterwick(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
I saw idolatry in religion all pointing to one god which is the devil
muslim worship moon
christian worship sun is the reason the real day of worship which is Saturday was change to sunday by pagan and the bible stated keep the sabbat day holy
the pagan knew jesus say something about hellfire for those who refuse to obey is father so they want to make minister of God who truly have the holy spirit to commit a sin that will lead them to the fire,for christ have warn his people to careful about the theif that will come in sheep cloth but is ravenous and the snare of money
so look how our top minister are wealthy,porpouse and enemy hating[ mark of the beast ]
Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On May 03, 2023
rexben:
■ These verses are confirmations that Paul was a false messiah and false prophet. The sign of false messiahs in Matthew is confirmed in Romans.
■ Jesus teachings are far different from Paul's teachings. He never preached Jesus,Paul preached another message. Paul was overly concerned with laws,curse of the law,abolition of the law,grace not by works,predestination to mention few but Jesus taught about God,His love,His commandments,His kingdom.
1. I wouldn't go as far as to label Paul a false prophet and a false messiah given that Paul is not really to blame for why men chose to build an entire religion around his letters which were instead to communicate his personal views and issues at the time of their writing. Paul was just a man who spread his views and opinions to his fellow Jewish brethren while calling on the Gentiles — the other non-Jewish tribes of Israel who were already in exile courtesy of God's own curse on them — to salvation. undecided

2. Paul's epistles were obviously not meant by him in any way as a replacement for the gospels as they do not contain mention over 98% of that contained in the Gospels. His epistles were merely communications between Paul and people who were already believers and had no need for teaching from him. That the religious establishment of today, Christianity to be exact, choose to build its foundation on the letters of paul stands against the religious and not against Paul. undecided
Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by Kobojunkiee: 8:00pm On May 04, 2023
rexben:
▢■ According to Paul,his followers are saved by grace not by works (as for me,i am disciple of Jesus,i believe in the words of Jesus only John 8:31-32). He also taught predestination(once saved forever saved). So according to this doctrine,it doesn't matter what you do,you are forever saved.
▢■ Jesus came to fulfill(perfect,fill-full) the laws. In Israel,there are two sets of laws. The ten commandments and the ceremonial laws. The ceremonial laws were not given by God,it was these laws that Jesus broke not the ten commandments. He fulfilled or perfected the law by tightening it. So,Jesus gave us His perfect commandments and He expects us to obey them if we love Him. His commandments are His words as recorded in the synoptic gospels. You are right! We are not under the Israelites laws but under the obedience of Jesus words.
Paul's concept of salvation is wrong. Jesus said And you will be hated by everyone because of my name. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. Matt 10:22 According to Jesus,nobody is saved yet,unless you endure to the end. As for mercy,in order to receive mercy,this what you should do. Be merciful. Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matt 5:7 This is the only way to receive mercy from God,if you are not merciful,you will not be shown mercy. The Pharisees were practising eye service,they are men pleasers like Paul did too. They don't even believe in Jesus(their major problem).
1. The problem isn't Paul here but what amounts to cognitive dissonance when it comes to a comprehension of Paul's views as stated in his epistles. Paul, rightly, wrote of the two salvations that are obtainable through the person of Jesus Christ: the first salvation from the condemnation of sin aka Death by which we receive Eternal Life(grace), and the second, Salvation from sin which we can only earn by way of righteousness through faith. This is evident for those who are able to comprehend the epistles. Paul never meant his epistles as a replacement for the Gospels but simply as communication of his generally private views with those he was in communication. So, he is not to blame for the religion of Christianity blindly hoisting him up as some sort of Messiah for their cause. undecided

2. Paul is not wrong, as there are two salvations offered by Jesus Christ, the second of which you rightly pointed out there! What is instead wrong are the many interpretations out there produced regularly by religious men whose desires are to steal, kill and destroy using the name of God. undecided
Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 4:44am On May 07, 2023
rexben:
■ Idol in your foundation? If i may ask,are you from Benin?
Enjoy this life? Jesus said
The one who loves his life destroys it, and the one who hates his life in this world guards it for eternal life.
John 12:25. Jesus replied, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3
To be born from above is to be born the second time. The second birth (spiritual) cancels out first birth (physical).
So,if you are born again,you are born of the Spirit. Your parentages change from YOUR BIOLOGICAL PARENTS TO GOD. YOUR BIOLOGICAL SIBLINGS CHANGE TO GOD'S CHILDREN. You will have powers,foundational idols,ancestral covenants oppressing you only if you are not a child of God.
Are you a child of God? If you are a child of God,you will always and gladly obey your Father,you will desire to go back to Him. You damn strangers,and obeys your Father's words only.
Interesting! undecided
Re: Paul Christ Vs Jesus Christ by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On May 08, 2023
easterwick:
I saw idolatry in religion all pointing to one god which is the devil
muslim worship moon christian worship sun is the reason the real day of worship which is Saturday was change to sunday by pagan and the bible stated keep the sabbat day holy the pagan knew jesus say something about hellfire for those who refuse to obey is father so they want to make minister of God who truly have the holy spirit to commit a sin that will lead them to the fire,for christ have warn his people to careful about the theif that will come in sheep cloth but is ravenous and the snare of money so look how our top minister are wealthy,porpouse and enemy hating mark of the beast
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Churches That Worship Naked In Nigeria, Benue State / Which One Is More Serious 'a Sin' Or 'a Crime' / Religious Apostasy And The Death Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.