Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist (68494 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) / Bank of Industry YES Programme Round2 List Is Finally Out / Bank of industry Increases On-lending Fund For SMEs Under YES Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 9:31am On Sep 12, 2016
samplanner:

That's the problem with Nigeria, they will make you spend the little you are surviving on without giving you assurance of being picked. Imagine to give you loan you must spend 3 months doing courses and buying Internet data all the time. our leaders and those who are privileged to be successful in Nigeria are the biggest problems we have now. 3 months program plus additional weeks of in_class training is nonsense to me. There are people who have succeeded in business without attending classes. It all depends on how hard working you can be. If they want to help the Nigerian youths they should do so without wasting people's energy and resources.

I believe you don't understand/know the values of what you have learnt.

You sound like an illiterate who is not ready to learn, advance and increase in knowledge.

This is corporate business and world you are about to operates. You need formal training and you should be glad you are receiving at no cost.

Your complaints are irrelevant because don't you buy internet data before this program and used for irrelevant stuff?? Haven't you travel for something tangible in your life before? We travel miles to received knowledge. People go outside the country and covered thousands of miles to received knowledge and we do travel locally in kilometers to received knowledge (from your based to your school).

If you still think the way you have spoken, then I would conclude you don't deserves to be part of the program.

Olowozain

8 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by samplanner(m): 10:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Olowozain:

I believe you don't understand/know the values of what you have learnt.

You sound like an illiterate who is not ready to learn, advance and increase in knowledge.

This is corporate business and world you are about to operates. You need formal training and you should be glad you are receiving at no cost.

Your complaints are irrelevant because don't you buy internet data before this program and used for irrelevant stuff?? Haven't you travel for something tangible in your life before? We travel miles to received knowledge. People go outside the country and covered thousands of miles to received knowledge and we do travel locally in kilometers to received knowledge (from your based to your school).

If you still think the way you have spoken, then I would conclude you don't deserves to be part of the program.

Olowozain

Look, I only expressed what I feel, but that doesn't warrant insults here... And wait, what do you know about illiteracy? you didn't read carefully towards what I pointed out and you're here spewing insults. People like you always want to show that you know it all, I won't waste time with you here because you don't even know my levels in the program right now. There's nothing you knew about me, so don't even think of insulting me again. One word for you, be humble and respect others, because humility comes before honor.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2016
No fighting please. There was no need to attack or insult. While you are both correct, I personally support government giving us allowances for in class training. It is the right thing to do. Africa and Nigeria really needs to look at what north America and Europe did and are still doing to become world economic power houses. Things have to be done right. Yes, people travel to acquire knowledge but in this case, we are under a federal program with scholarship and I believe it should be a fully paid scholarship. If I am not mistaken, EDC is making at least N400, 000 per participant in this program and to be honest if you know EDC and the PAU, the actual sum could be as high as N800, 000 per participant. Whatever the case may be, I see nothing wrong in the FG paying us between N50-100k for the in class training unless our feeding and accommodation will be taken care of during the in class training. Then they can give us N20k transport allowance.

Cc: olowozain, samplanner.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by samplanner(m): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jethrolite:
No fighting please. There was no need to attack or insult. While you are both correct, I personally support government giving us allowances for in class training. It is the right thing to do. Africa and Nigeria really needs to look at what north America and Europe did and are still doing to become world economic power houses. Things have to be done right. Yes, people travel to acquire knowledge but in this case, we are under a federal program with scholarship and I believe it should be a fully paid scholarship. If I am not mistaken, EDC is making at least N400, 000 per participant in this program and to be honest if you know EDC and the PAU, the actual sum could be as high as N800, 000 per participant. Whatever the case may be, I see nothing wrong in the FG paying us between N50-100k for the in class training unless our feeding and accommodation will be taken care of during the in class training. Then they can give us N20k transport allowance.

What you said may work in some countries but not in Nigeria. just hope for the best in all of us.
However, remember some friends here might still insult, attack, and call you names on this your post forgetting that you're actually suggesting how things should be done. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jethrolite:

Jethrolite has just spoken not only the right word (expression) for samplanner but he has point out what is expected of Government and that is what I am personally expected too.

So let keep our fingers crossed since there is no confirmation whether participants sponsor his/her self or not.

I just have to condemned aggressively post from samplanner. All you sensed as insult was just few questions for you to ponder about and for you to judge your utterance. I never insulted you.

I thought samplanner wrote out of anger or confusion. You just need to be assertive next time not aggressive.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by edoman2016: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Its very vital for fed govt to provide accomodation and transportation to each participant. They can not expect me to come to EDC in lekki everyday from ogun state. It will be stressful and impossible.
It was stated in the invite mail that each participant will personally cater for their transportation and accomodation. That is why i am worried.
For God sake, this program is even supported by united nations development fund.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Olowozain:

You just need to be assertive next time not aggressive.
I see someone is already applying new knowledge to use, thanks to Effective Communication.

3 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
edoman2016:
Its very vital for fed govt to provide accomodation and transportation to each participant. They can not expect me to come to EDC in lekki everyday from ogun state. It will be stressful and impossible.
It was stated in the invite mail that each participant will personally cater for their transportation and accomodation. That is why i am worried.
For God sake, this program is even supported by united nations development fund.
This is not good and very disappointing.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by samplanner(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
Olowozain:

Jethrolite has just spoken not only the right word (expression) for samplanner but he has point out what is expected of Government and that is what I am personally expected too.

So let keep our fingers crossed since there is no confirmation whether participants sponsor his/her self or not.

I just have to condemned aggressively post from samplanner. All you sensed as insult was just few questions for you to ponder about and for you to judge your utterance. I never insulted you.

I thought samplanner wrote out of anger or confusion. You just need to be assertive next time not aggressive.

It's okay dude, let's just for the best for all of us. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by shesAgem: 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
We like free things in Nigeria. This programme is totally free but we still want government to pay us for it? Maybe we should just be grateful for the opportunity.

Is your training centre far from where you live? I empathise with you if it is.

6 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by CuteTj(m): 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
shesAgem:
We like free things in Nigeria. This programme is totally free but we still want government to pay us for it? Maybe we should just be grateful for the opportunity.

In addition to the free knowledge, when we become beneficiaries of the loan package we get to pay @ 9 - 10% unlike conventional interest rates of 24 - 28% and we still expect to be paid 50 - 100k for training?

Although I empathize with applicants who have to attend the in-training away from their states of residence but you just have to understand the era of free (government) things has gone forever.

As for me, I don't consider anything in life as an entitlement. I believe all the teachings and struggles we have to endure is part of the lessons we need to shape us to become better managers.

Since I embarked on this entrepreneurial journey, I have had cause to travel from Lagos - Ondo, Edo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa (with my own hard earned money) all in a bid to raise funds for my business and despite my travels, I ended up not being able to raise the funds I needed to Kickstart my business and I wasn't for once disappointed nor angry with myself or these people. I even considered it an adventure needed to toughen me up.

Once again, I will implore us not to be discouraged but to endure this struggle to the end. I will travel to any part of Nigeria (using my own funds) notwithstanding the distance provided I have a 60% chance of raising capital for my business which in this case we being selected for BOI-YES we already have a 70% chance of getting what we need to achieve our dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by ol2012: 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
shesAgem:

I wish you best of luck in the In-class stage madam.

I believe myself and the other cohort 2 participants will be grateful if you and your colleagues keep us posted(via this thread) on what to expect in subsequent stage(s) as you pass through same successfully.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
CuteTj:

In addition to the free knowledge, when we become beneficiaries of the loan package we get to pay @ 9 - 10% unlike conventional interest rates of 24 - 28% and we still expect to be paid 50 - 100k for training.
I want to ask you some questions.

1. How were you able to fund your investor seeking adventure across Nigeria?

2. Did you apply with an existing business or business idea?

3. Does your business have net positive cash flow?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by CuteTj(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jethrolite:
I want to ask you some questions.

1. How were you able to fund your investor seeking adventure across Nigeria?

2. Did you apply with an existing business or business idea?

3. Does your business have net positive cash flow?
1.)I was employed in a govt agency and when I wanted to go on these adventures, I requested for casual leave from my annual leave. My circle of colleagues knew me as the 2-3 days leave guy that they got tired of me and never bothered to ask after me when I missed at intervals. I used that strategy (while giving different reasons I had to go on leave e.g visiting my ill father in the village, burial ceremonies of old cousins/aunties/uncles, attending to urgent family matters etc.) until I use up my 21 days I'm entitled to. Although, my travels has drastically reduced (as the process of getting approval for casual leave has become stringent as we are in a "change era"wink but particularly as I have been able to kickstart my business albeit not yet on the level I would have wanted but thankfully I have made so much progress compared to 2 years ago when I started the journey.

2. Start up business idea not existing business idea.

3. Yes we do now.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
smiley
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by CuteTj(m): 1:28am On Sep 13, 2016
@Jethrolite,

My business as at when I embarked on those journeys was just at the idea stage hence it was a startup and therefore couldn't have had any cashflow either positive or negative.

I think you need to explain further on your definition of financial net and cashflow. As my own understanding of positive cashflow is when the money going in (revenue) is much than the money going out (expenses) which virtually means the same thing as your definition (where you still have some extra left after the cost of doing business). Abi no be so? Also what you meant by financial net is that I have a job (another source of income even if my salary isn't more than 70k of which I spend almost 50% of that on my car and the remaining on bills and help out friends & some unemployed ones after which I have barely nothing for myself. At my age I should be married but I'm afraid of doing that yet as 70k can't conveniently take care of my standards not to talk of a woman especially in this tough time) Again, no be so?

Now to the issue of loans to startups ------ I understand your fears with regards to (bad) debt at a time like this we are in a recession and that is why every business enthusiasts needs to be honest with him/herself and be realistic with his/her targets, rework his/her financials because truly, many businesses will end up failing as a result of the present slowdown in business activities. Take for example, Yobe state is planning on going after beneficiaries of its state's YES programme who haven't been repaying their loans according to the terms and agreement.

As for me, I don't fear debt so long as my revenue can pay for the business expenses + debts and still have cash to spare and truly, despite the recession I am convinced my business will stay afloat as I am involved in the Services industry precisely Transportation.

I come to see you as an upright person and I have to commend you for also being realistic. But I will implore you not to give up on this journey although continue to use your head and bail out if you see your decision is akin to digging a hole for yourself.

Don't worry the grace of God will see us past the cohort 2 until we get to achieve our dreams without pain (bad debt).

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 6:57am On Sep 13, 2016
@ CuteTj, na so, na so. I misunderstood you and thought your business is still an idea. You're already in luck as your business is already making money, compared to my business that is an idea.

May God help us and see us through.

1 Like

Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Mastav(m): 7:24am On Sep 13, 2016
Adulphus:
One of my friend in Benin city has not gotten In-class Email, and she did well on her courses. She even finished her courses middle of August...
How are they sending the In class email?

Any one from Benin city, Edo state who has gotten email?

I am from Edo state too and haven't gotten the mail. Have they sent her the mail now?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2016
I want to ask if the icoach tool is a mandatory requirements for all participants to take part or optional??
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Ebuka478(m): 7:26am On Sep 14, 2016
Olowozain:
I want to ask if the icoach tool is a mandatory requirements for all participants to take part or optional??
If you were asked to do it, just do it. I don't think it was a criterion in our selection but you never can tell what the criteria for batch B selection would be.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2016
Olowozain:
Did you receive a mail asking you to do it?
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Abdulmalik1: 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jethrolite:

its not
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 1:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Abdulmalik1:

its not
Thank you.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Jethrolite:

I didn't received. But it was there on the timetable
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
Olowozain:

I didn't received. But it was there on the timetable
Abeg ignore. If you even decide to do it, do you know what to do? So just ignore.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Hormohtoondeh(f): 7:16am On Sep 17, 2016
Is it possible to reschedule the date of the in training class to suitable date
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by lovemko(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2016
Hormohtoondeh:
Is it possible to reschedule the date of the in training class to suitable date

Dis ur question get 'question mark'
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by 1Dray(m): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2016
lovemko:

Dis ur question get 'question mark'
Hehehe... Nor be small "question mark" fa.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 11:57am On Sep 17, 2016
I just scored my first 100% see the way my heart was beating for question 7 in final exam. grin grin grin Thank you Jesus!!!
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Adulphus(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
Jethrolite:
I just scored my first 100% see the way my heart was beating for question 7 in final exam. grin grin grin Thank you Jesus!!!
Harder courses dey front Na. Na those course with just three question hard pass n Na him dey break heart...
Una so soon Jam am for front...
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Jethrolite(m): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2016
Adulphus:

Harder courses dey front Na. Na those course with just three question hard pass n Na him dey break heart...
Una so soon Jam am for front...
Lol, I de wait. No shaking at all.
Re: Bank Of Industry YES Programme Shortlist by Olowozain: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
edoman2016:

I empathize with everyone including myself.

Looking from international practice, scholarship are only meant to cover tuition/training fee not to cover transportation and accommodations fee.

This is scholarship that only cover training fee, participants would be responsible for every other thing to make the training a success.

We don't expect to be given laptop and internet data and even provide us with generators to power our Personal Computer to complete the online training and we don't expect to be transported to the venue and provide for us accommodations.

But if we still get all that, we would appreciate, and it would be just a luck but not mandatory.

I would also be glad if they can provide all necessary items/materials including physical cost, but I doubt it because it is a scholarship program for training purposes.

Let see how the vocational training would look like after the in-class training anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Cosmas Maduka Preaching The Gospel By The Roadside In Lagos. Nigerians React / 10 "Foolish" Ways You Lose Money Daily In Nigeria / Exchange Rate Of Naira To Other African Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.