Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

How Do I Forgive, So I Can Get Married? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Forgive, So I Can Get Married? (2717 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter / Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How Do I Forgive, So I Can Get Married? by RoyalRoy(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2016
obowunmi:
Hi everyone,

I've been on the platform for a while and still tragically single.

I recently started meeting with a therapist who let me know that I have difficulty finding someone because I am yet to forgive my parents.

I grew up in a home where:
My parents were very, very abusive towards each other.
My dad sometimes took on the traits of a sadist when he disciplined us.
My mom is the most passive aggressive human being I know.

No one is perfect but my therapist has helped me to understand that I need to forgive them first before I cam commit myself to finding a loving partner.

Most of my girlfriends, only stay with me for the money and leave me.

How do I go about forgiving my parents? Please help.

Oh really? Obowunmi, you were so serious about looking for a wife back in the days? Interesting!!!

Didn't think u were serious about not getting a woman who can stay the long hull with you.

As your therapist has said, you will need to change your perception about your parents.
You need to let go all the hurt and bad memories.

Choose to start a new life for yourself devoid of their respective shortcomings.

I wish you well in your continuous search.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Forgive, So I Can Get Married? by obowunmi(m): 8:02am On Aug 08, 2016
RoyalRoy:
Oh really? Obowunmi, you were so serious about looking for a wife back in the days? Interesting!!!

Didn't think u were serious about not getting a woman who can stay the long hull with you.

As your therapist has said, you will need to change your perception about your parents.
You need to let go all the hurt and bad memories.

Choose to start a new life for yourself devoid of their respective shortcomings.

I wish you well in your continuous search.

Thank you brother.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Parents With 5 Daughters Who Are All Lawyers Turn Heads In New Photos / I Need A Divorce..someone Should Pls Help Me / I Need Your Advise On This Funny Act In My Neighbourhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.