Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 (19106 Views)

Ogoni Land Clean Up: One Year On / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice / Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by cold(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2016
Wow! It took renewed militancy and belligerency in the Niger Delta to get this administration to finally wake up to its responsibilty. Smh!
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by nnalove(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2016
Hmmm! They should be careful oooo. Cos he is for sth else ooo. Cos he who eat wit devil should prefer to use long spoon. Nd no good thing can ever come from dullard of daura.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On May 30, 2016
frankyterror:
The clean up (that's if it truly happens) is a good idea from PMB, we won't criticize GEJ, he was only surrounded by the wrong people, and he was also on it.

Oga, he was not on anything.... The UNEP report has been gathering dust for over 10 years.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 8:20pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Buhari is only intrested in the oil don't be decieved.

Thanks for opening our eyes.

Any good reason he should not?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:21pm On May 30, 2016
cold:
Wow! It took renewed militancy and belligerency in the Niger Delta to get this administration to finally wake up to its responsibilty. Smh!

You do realise that the Ogoni clean-up was announced last year June. Where was the militancy in June 2015?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:22pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Buhari is only intrested in the oil don't be decieved.

By cleaning the damaged land
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 8:22pm On May 30, 2016
cold:

It is one of the first pledges of this administration.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 8:26pm On May 30, 2016
989900:

Thanks for opening our eyes.

Any good reason he should not?

it's the activities of the Avengers that force him to do that, there's no sincerity of purpose.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 8:27pm On May 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

By cleaning the damaged land
Yes so that oil can flow and he get's the money in Abuja.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:29pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
it's the activities of the Avengers that force him to do that, there's no sincerity of purpose.

Were the Avengers around in June 2015, when the process began?

Were they around when the environment minister consulted with Wike and Ogoni leaders?

You people are just ridiculous. Nothing will satisfy you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:29pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Yes so that oil can flow and he get's the money in Abuja.

They do not need to clean the land to get oil..

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 8:31pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:

It was mentioned on May 29, 2015.

And it is in the budget.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 8:32pm On May 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

Were the Avengers around in June 2015, when the process began?

Were they around when the environment minister consulted with Wike and Ogoni leaders?

You people are just ridiculous. Nothing will satisfy you.
You know the truth about what he is about doing...
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 8:37pm On May 30, 2016
If Buhari wants to do as they do, he will just call a few leaders from those communities, call Tompolo and his NDA crew, and settle everyone with contracts and cash, and the rot continues . . . the people of those communities being the grand losers.

However, for trying to do the right thing, he is being crucified by the same people he is fighting for.

It's hard being an honest man in a dishonest world.

Even the jews crucified Jesus.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 8:38pm On May 30, 2016
989900:

It was mentioned on May 29, 2015.

And it is in the budget.
Has he done everything in the budget, am saying buhari wants the Niger Delta oil to flow so that he can see money and finance the budget., he thinks this might stop millitants from bombing oil installations which if continued for one month can bury the economy.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Eze2000(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

Clean-up has been announced since June 2015. Way before there was anything like Niger Delta Avengers.

The doing, man. The doing.

I don't know of others but I for one and apparently these Avengers are sick and tired of....talk, talk, talk and no action!
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 8:41pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
Has he done everything in the budget, am saying buhari wants the Niger Delta oil to flow so that he can see money and finance the budget., he thinks this might stop millitants from bombing oil installations which if continued for one month can bury the economy.

If you are the president, what will you do?
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Jaideyone(m): 8:51pm On May 30, 2016
anonimi:
When will our president launch AGATU land clean up

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3773947_img20160529090234_jpegca51bdff8ad2dce07c0beef819ddf9d0
crayon boy don't you know when to give credit and say kudos? you never criticise constructively. your children are in for a very very hard time. I pity them

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 8:54pm On May 30, 2016
Eze2000:

The doing, man. The doing.

I don't know of others but I for one and apparently these Avengers are sick and tired of....talk, talk, talk and no action!

Well, Action starts June 2... Hopefully, the people cleaning up the place do not get kidnapped.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 8:56pm On May 30, 2016
989900:

If you are the president, what will you do?
what he's about to do lacks sincerity of purpose, for example if a girl come's to visit you and you need sex and she refused when she wanted to go she asked for transport you don't give her, since she is not with transport and no where to get it and she now give's you the sex... It's conditional that you got it no sincerity of purpope.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by ogundeleai(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2016
EMMYB0Y:
After his 4th attempt, bubu got admitted into the higher institution for a four years course. According to an editorial board of the institution, he took 14 courses (4 units) in his first year. He passed 4 with a missed grades of C, D(2) and E and failed the rest. Prior to his admission, he was
referred to as a brilliant chap by the people in his community. This however, earned him the community support. Little did they know that brilliance is different from intelligence. The results of his first academic year has shown how brilliant

he is. If his Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) was to be an airtime, it cannot give a missed call to any network. I mean the digits are wallowing in probation. But there is a consolation of another 3 years to right the wrong.
As a patriot, I say Happy Democracy Day!

I found it difficult to comprehend this your long irrelevant story. Perhaps you can be forgiven for posting this mess under valuable headlines.
Regrettably, you are also being look upon as future leaders of this Nation.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by 989900: 9:12pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
what he's about to do lacks sincerity of purpose, for example if a girl come's to visit you and you need sex and she refused when she wanted to go she asked for transport you don't give her, since she is not with transport and no where to get it and she now give's you the sex... It's conditional that you got it no sincerity of purpope.

Your analogy does not match AT ALL.

OTOH, you have not answered the question: What will you do if you were the president?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Ikechu12781: 9:16pm On May 30, 2016
I'll believe it when I see it
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by designexploit(m): 9:27pm On May 30, 2016
GenBuhari:
Buhari the tribal bigot ! angry

Starts clean up of oil spill pollution of Ogoni land in the Niger Delta that a president from the region did not care to do throughout his tenure.

Buhari the tribal bigot would soon also begin construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge in the South East that the same ex-president from the south did not carry out through out his 6years.

Give me this type of tribal bigot any day! grin

Had it been Jonathan start any project like that, APC for no let the man rest as usual, that's why him lockup and awarded more projects in the north. Yet them no still satisfy.

Yes he can start now because he has been seriousely hit, if not the sturbborn president for don tight him anus. Noooo!!! I think say him get iron head, him for still dey there naa. After the hitting of Mr President, him face don wrinkle. I pitty him shaa... But oya oya oya make him start work sharpaly.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 9:29pm On May 30, 2016
989900:

Your analogy does not match AT ALL.

OTOH, you have not answered the question: What will you do if you were the president?
When he looks into the allocation of oil blocs, Total resource control or True Federalism, then i will know he means well for the Niger Delta people. A president that said that he cannot treat people that didnt vote for him equally (5%)coming to do something for the allerge 5% don't you think there's intrest of purpose there?
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by Seeeeeeee: 9:34pm On May 30, 2016
ogundeleai:

I found it difficult to comprehend this your long irrelevant story. Perhaps you can be forgiven for posting this mess under valuable headlines.
Regrettably, you are also being look upon as future leaders of this Nation.
Only graduates can understand what he just wrote, if you are'nt you can read till next year take it from me you won't understand.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by sabofws5: 10:05pm On May 30, 2016
you see your selves the more you wails the more focused PMB becomes.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by tbaba1234: 10:35pm On May 30, 2016
designexploit:

Had it been Jonathan start any project like that, APC for no let the man rest as usual, that's why him lockup and awarded more projects in the north. Yet them no still satisfy.

Yes he can start now because he has been seriousely hit, if not the sturbborn president for don tight him anus. Noooo!!! I think say him get iron head, him for still dey there naa. After the hitting of Mr President, him face don wrinkle. I pitty him shaa... But oya oya oya make him start work sharpaly.

This project was announced June 2015, were there any Niger delta avengers then??

You guys are ridiculous..
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by emorse(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
AnakinSkywalker:

Do not forget:

The regulatory partners, DPR and NOSDRA, who have information from JIVS and who monitor and regulate oil spill clean-up on all Tiers should be fully involved.

The clean-up program should be submitted to these regulatory bodies for EE&E (Efficiency, Effectiveness, Environment) assessment. Regulatory reps. should be nominated to follow-up the clean up exercises.

After clean-up, an independent clean-up certification inspection should be carried out while a monitoring program (EMP) should be instituted after the clean-up to monitor EE&E. The certification should be in JIV form with the Government, Community, Companies and Environmental Rights NGOs participating.

This clean-up has lingered for so long. Let us do it well, do it right, and do it on time. It is better to prevent spills than to clean them up. DPR should constantly monitor these Oil and Gas Companies and ensure that they institute proper practices, procedures and high quality and high integrity assets in the Industry. Vandalism and crude oil theft is also a major contributor to this problem. Greed and Poverty are the vice the government has to tackle.

You seem to know a lot about this stuff. Please educate me on the procedure and duration this type of clean up usually takes. Thanks.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by emorse(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2016
Seeeeeeee:

Really? Which do you think is easier? "Sorting" a few of their leaders (in the name of amnesty as has been the norm) or doing the actual clean up?

I'm not surprised though. Even Jesus was crucified.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by moshoodn(m): 11:14pm On May 30, 2016
angelusbrut:
Whatever am interested on how this galloping inflation wil be tackled. Rice now sell for 21k. Ur administration is losing focus.

I bought a bag of "aroso" rice today (caprice). It was sold for 13k.

I wonder where you get yours for 21k.

Be objective, please.
Re: Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 by desmond122(m): 11:22pm On May 30, 2016
I bet many wailer will still repent #believeme just 4/8 years a new naija is underway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Fourth Alteration Bill / Court Summons IGP, Ilorin Chief Imam, Others Over Isese Activists Arrested / DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.