Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone (53044 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Verified Social Media Account. / Backup & Restore KIK Chats From Iphone / Ipad / Ipod Touch / How Can I Download Two Kik On My Fone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 30, 2016
Op, cheer up. Life toughens you to prepare you. Your undoing was your dressing and your ill-thought response. But you need to get over the resentment pretty quickly. My encounter with police sometime ago nearly demoralized me. After a while, I shrugged it off and moved on. Shake it off dude, you are a man now. grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by teelaw4life(m): 10:42pm On May 30, 2016
Op, sometimes these things happen but as they say what doesn't kill you, if it doesn't make you stronger, it'll definitely add something to you. I utterly understand the kind of trauma you must have been through. Naija armed forces somehow scare me as much as armed robbers.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 30, 2016
I have the app too. I alwys use it to chat with my friends in Spain and sweeten. They use it mostly there. angry
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 10:42pm On May 30, 2016
koboko69:

What kind of people are u guys. As a matter of fact this menace have reduced under this administration.

In the past it was helll......not for me though, cos it can't happen to me.

I know how many SOS calls i receive from hustling guys compared to now.

Can u as a young guy dress sweet and walk oadt Ikeja, Ogba, Berger, Grammar sch, Magodo axis in the past without being harassed. Who born u?
Thankyou my brother..You sabi jare..these ones never enter Sars trap them dey yarn crap..the kind beaten wey them go chop..them go regret ever been born

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 30, 2016
d33types:
op, how old are you? 20?
next time ,do not assume anything.. gameboy? c'mon? you learnt the hard way.

Confirm.

OP, you need to mature a bit more before you get out into the real world, I mean Nigeria real world. You're not ready yet.
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by fadjnr(m): 10:42pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry op. But you've should have read the circular passed by the IG of police that no police officer should check anybody's phone.

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by MrMcJay(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2016
banmee:
Oh sweet memories. I remember once when i was stopped by a policeman at a check point and after checking my papers, they demanded egunje. I refused. Since they saw that i was not going to comply they demanded to do a thorough check of my vehicle and person. I did not object, especially since i noticed they had been drinking and had riffles on them. After looking through my wallet, they saw a credit card and automatically labeled me a yahoo guy. They said i had to cough out 50k else i would spend the night in detention. I said no problem. I asked if it was possible to call someone to bring the money for me and they said yes. I promptly called the U.S consulate and they sent a representative down to the check point to see what was going on. The funny thing was the policemen didn't understand who they were and tried to arrest them for having illegal plates. So funny. After grasping the situation, come see begging. God, i felt so good. From being called yahoo boy they started begging on their knees calling me "oga". Nigeria is so phucked.

Reminds me of an incident on Thompson Road in Ikoyi just before British Council, there was this convoy of policemen who left their lane and faced oncoming traffic.

Unfortunately for them, the convoy of the British High Commissioner was what they faced. Come and see uniformed begging. They were prostrating on the road as the HC's convoy refused to let them go.

Another time in Opebi. I was in a cab when these cops stopped me. They asked of my occupation and I told them I'm a lawyer. They asked of my ID and I asked if I'm under suspicion of any offence. They said I was rude. They now insisted on going through my phone. I told them that if anyone went through my phone, that would be the last day such person would wear the police uniform.

What I did was to call one of my dad's friends who was a DIG at that time. I told the leader to speak to him. Once he heard the name, the man started sweating and stammering. I just collected my phone and walked away. I told them I was going to work their transfers to the NE.

Most of these cops are illiterates and they're giving the few good eggs a bad name.

OP, if you how the name of the guys who harassed you, send me a PM.

17 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by oliidell(m): 10:44pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry man. Next time, man up and explain yourself without fear. No crying, no begging.

Btw I had trouble flowing with ur write-up. Okay, maybe u were typing wit the handcuffs on.

6 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Lol I never see that Police officer wey go tell me to give am my phone.... we go know who be who that day!
All this mouth wey you dey make na for normal police..any day wey sars ask for your phone ..please tell them say them no born them well..belive me by the time dey are done with you ..na he'll you go wake up

5 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2016
popcykaylah:

All this mouth wey you dey make na for normal police..any day wey sars ask for your phone ..please tell them say them no born them well..belive me by the time dey are done with you ..na he'll you go wake up

Sars o,Mopol o...all Join.....Trust me, a whole Van of them no reach!...no be new thing.... Power pass power! wink
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by FirstCounsel(m): 10:47pm On May 30, 2016
gwmlogistic:
I had a similar experience with this thieving retards on the same route sometimes back. But I made sure I had the last laugh. As I proceeded to the commissioner of police office after my encounter ( surprisingly I was sitting in his office after an hour of waiting). I laid my complaint and he reacted swiftly by inviting them over, they wia disgraced and humiliated. And locked up for 2weeks. I guess they haven't learnt their lesson. Op do not hesitate to go to the CP's office or the OC SARS at A division. U don't have to know anybody.
Also see the Provost Marshal at d State Command and lodge a complaint

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by DerKaiser: 10:49pm On May 30, 2016
If the common criminals and simpletons called the Nigeria Police Force are obligated to use thorough Investigations to apprehend criminals, like their counterparts all around the world, they would be unable to make any arrests in a year because they wouldn't know where to begin and end an investigation.

That is why they resort to brute force, intimidation and false allegations on innocent people to be able to come up with any so-called suspects.

Those guys are some of the most primitive things I have ever come across.

Pathetic.

8 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Princepoint(m): 10:49pm On May 30, 2016
sars always looking for money And who to devour Thank God u re not alone
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Olulinks(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2016
This is what I used to tell my students. Dress well and have decent haircut too. But because you guys within the range of 18 to 21 always think we that we are older don't know what we are saying. You get yourself attracted to cultists, armed robbers and police with the way you dress, carry yourself, talk and so on.

8 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by nairaman66(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2016
Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

SARS are the latest armed robbers back by the useless Nigerian constitution!!
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by grandlexuz(m): 10:53pm On May 30, 2016
Wow... I am totally taken aback. So you saying in Nigeria it is very "normal" for a police man to check on someones phone without a warrant? What business has a police got with a passenger's mobile gadgets? Are they not better ways of tracking yahoo boys other than infringing on the rights of citizens. In Cameroon it will take a warrant from a high court judge for a police officer to go through someones phone. I tire for Nigeria oh!

9 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by whoAreYou11: 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
Thats why i stopped going to ilorin...

The last time went to ilorin was the day i went to buy gold and those useless Sars arrested me because of Skype.

I paid 50k before i was released.

Awon Oloriburuku...

One of them collected my number and called me later in the night and said "Omo Boy how far? Nice meeting you today".

5 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by DavidHunds(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2016
Sorry bro, something similar happened to me , only that I had something to prove my innocence

Recently at yaba , some policemen saw me making a phone call with my phone.
On sighting me, they stopped me like they've been waiting for me(imagine) and started the questioning

After series of questions and false claims
Of me being a yahoo boy, just cos they saw an iPhone with me
They asked for my ID
Thank God I had it on me , id prolly have been taken away too cos they seemed desperate

Nigerian Police Are Just Pathetic
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by MrMcJay(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2016
popcykaylah:

Mister, no policeman has a right to check your phone without a valid warrant. Once you tell a Policeman this, he'll know that you are bad market for him and he'll let you go. Ordinary twitter fit comot cloth for him body.

If you decide to let them ride you, Na you sabi

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by DavidHunds(m): 10:57pm On May 30, 2016
DavidHunds:
Sorry bro, something similar happened to me , only that I had something to prove my innocence

Recently at yaba , some policemen saw me making a phone call with my phone.
On sighting me, they stopped me like they've been waiting for me(imagine) and started the questioning

After series of questions and false claims
Of me being a yahoo boy, just cos they saw an iPhone with me
They asked for my ID
Thank God I had it on me , id prolly have been taken away too cos they seemed desperate

Nigerian Policemen Are Just Pathetic
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by Arckeen: 10:58pm On May 30, 2016
Don't even know what ilorin city turning in to, that's what they do now . Looking for yahoo boys. If you dress too much . Na yahoo! I don't even understand them so anybody wey Dey use an iPhone Na yahoo he Dey do. This shit just gotta stop. I'm tired of this country!
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Sars o,Mopol o...all Join.....Trust me, a whole Van of them no reach!...no be new thing.... Power pass power! wink
Hahaha..my cousin wey be lawyer..he chop beaten of his life ..na sorry them tell am last..despite our uncle being an ex head of Sara in ilorin. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by klbakare(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2016
merits:
Stop be a gamer,be a farmer

Be a farmer and produce food for the Nation

Tomatoes cost ooooo,invest in tomatoes today and see yourself as a millionaire tomorrow

See my tractor pix below,on my way to the farm.

Kindly hit like if you support my idea.

Omo I gbadun ur parole oooo, make God help me reach your level, abeg how much dat kind tractor fit cost?
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by popcykaylah(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2016
MrMcJay:

Mister, no policeman has a right to check your phone without a valid warrant. Once you tell a Policeman this, he'll know that you are bad market for him and he'll let you go. Ordinary twitter fit comot cloth for him body.

If you decide to let them ride you, Na you sabi
Hahahahah..oga I have a master's in English and bsc in linguistics. ..finished from the eksu..and I have 2 lawyers in my family..so I know the law quite well..
My advice for you once you see federal Sars and they stop you ..please do agidi well well...the rest of your remainder will be in luth

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by bikefab(m): 11:02pm On May 30, 2016
Frankly man, u r not smart. There r better ways to deal with d nigeria police. First off, don't give them direct answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2016
popcykaylah:

Hahaha..my cousin wey be lawyer..he chop beaten of his life ..na sorry them tell am last..despite our uncle being an ex head of Sara in ilorin. .

October 21 ,2011.....one OC Sam and his comrades will NEVER forget that day till they depart this world... cool...enough said!" grin
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by DerKaiser: 11:03pm On May 30, 2016
grandlexuz:
Wow... I am totally taken aback. So you saying in Nigeria it is very "normal" for a police man to check on someones phone without a warrant? What business has a police got with a passenger's mobile gadgets? Are they not better ways of tracking yahoo boys other than infringing on the rights of citizens. In Cameroon it will take a warrant from a high court judge for a police officer to go through someones phone. I tire for Nigeria oh!

In Nigeria, even the people's lives are at the police's mercy. They can snuff it out at will.

And you are here talking about warrants, privacy and rights.

Those guys called police over there are simply the worst set of animals you would ever come across.

They are like licensed terrorists and people lose their composure on sighting them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by stasius: 11:05pm On May 30, 2016
W
E
L
C
O
M
E
TO
N
I
G
E
R
I
A

2 Likes

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by MrMcJay(m): 11:06pm On May 30, 2016
popcykaylah:

Hahahahah..oga I have a master's in English and bsc in linguistics. ..finished from the eksu..and I have 2 lawyers in my family..so I know the law quite well..
My advice for you once you see federal Sars and they stop you ..please do agidi well well...the rest of your remainder will be in luth

Guy, due to the nature of my job, I have contacts of guys in Federal SARS at Adeniji Adele in Lagos as I need them too. If you go all jelly and beggy, they'll ride u like a donkey. They're like wild animals who sense fear. It's part of their training. They presume that fear is an indicator of guilt.

The first thing when they stop you is to demand to speak to their team leader. Don't start shaking like a woman about to cum.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by bawz012(m): 11:07pm On May 30, 2016
dipznano:

Panic is the greatest weapon against yourself in situations like this! You need to stay composed... Many times have I been harassed driving, strolling or even in a cab, they say I'm dressed like a yahoo boy and my hair cut is like one undecided I just laugh at them for about a minute before I flash dem several Id cards and den ask dem for my phone or car keys while staring into their eye sockets... I swear I don offer them biscuit wey I dey chop on a stroll one day like dat dem no collect am sha grin

+ op, get urself together abeg, the whole matter still dey show 4 ur English, u no even sabi if na become or became grin

wat is he feeling like...
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by uptimum123(m): 11:09pm On May 30, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Lol I never see that Police officer wey go tell me to give am my phone.... we go know who be who that day!

Lol true talk..it's even illegal for any police officer to go through one's phone,d police wey go try am with me go hear am
Re: SARS officers Arrested Me For having A Social Media (kik) App On My Smartphone by madridguy(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2016
My bro, when next you have such encounter, be a man and be courageous. You fell into the net of the SARS when you start shaking.. how will you be afraid because of ordinary kik app. You should have just relax your mind, follow them to their station and make a statement that you were hijack. Don't ever admit next time what you don't know about. May God protect us.

Samtoby:
Like an hour ago, I was at the back sit of SARS vehicle with handcuffs in my hands. They said am a Yahoo boy for having a kik application on my smartphone.

I was traveling from Omu Aran to ilorin, I pressed up, wearing my blue Jean, T shirt, my newly bought African shaped neck chain and All stars sneakers. So the journey began and we passed the first police check point and few minutes after continuing the journey, we got to SARS people (at a junction in about entering Oke Onigbin town) and we were told to come down (all boys), I first feel scared but also I have nothing to be scared off cause I have the receipt for all my gadget with me, so I keep calm and answer his question perfectly. He check my pocket and found my two phones (Lumia 535 and Infinix Note 2), he check my bags and found my belongings (books, wires and my laptops), he asked if I have the receipt and I answered yes. Then he said I should unlock my phone (Note 2), I did and he start checking then he saw a social media app (KIK) on my phone, he asked if am a "game boy" and I said yes, all my mind was he is asking about video games because I have up to 20 games on my phone. He check other guys then told me to follow him, I did and he said "it's good that I don't lie", he asked my school and my name and I told him. Then from no where he said am a "Yahoo boy", the soul in me seems to left my body that moment, I realise am in big soup and I start swearing on everything that comes to my mouth. I deny his allegations then he start frowning and threat to destroy my career in school and that I will go to jail if I didn't confess, so I decided to come down to his level and ask how much to settle him, he said 20k, I started begging but he's desperate and then he called his boss, an old man, to my surprise he also lay the same allegations and all I can do is start begging and swearing am not a Yahoo boy.

After begging and rejecting their allegations, I was told to sit behind their vehicle, I did and they close the door on me while one of them keep saying they should handcuff me, I keep rejecting their allegations and then the guy earlier attempted to slap me right in the vehicle I sat in, he then decided to handcuff me from then. They start claiming they will destroy my life, that I agreed to been a Yahoo boy and then I started denying it again. I decided to keep shut and wait till my dad comes since we are not too far from home and I have signal to my brother (we both traveling together) to call my dad which he did, I waited and didn't talk to them anymore. Every cars passing were all looking at me right behind the vehicle, I felt embarrassed.

My dad came and they attended to him, they tell him what they said I am (yahoo boy) and that I have admit it, he knowing fully well who I am, told them that I am not and he knows fully what I do online. He told them that I am an importer and also work online as a freelance graphic designer. They said the app is for Yahoo boys and not app to import goods. I can't help but burst into tears because am presently embarrassing my dad along with me.

The boss then show my dad an app on his phone but my dad doesn't know anything about this stuff, the boss told me to explain what happened in front of my dad, I did and he ask why I have those apps on my phone, I explain am an importer and also an online person but he left and asked the first guy to attend to us. So my dad asked what the solution is since he knows they all want money, I didn't hear what goes next but he later gave them 2k after demanding for 5k, they removed the handcuff, gave my phone back to me and we left.

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire 20 years on earth, I only hear it but it happened to me today. It makes it my first time in their car or police car and first time of been in handcuff (which breaks my heart).

This is purely violation of human right and I regret that I have no evidence to follow this up. But never can I forget their faces on this earth.

***The app (Kik) is a social media app which I used to chat with a friend in Los Angeles, not a very common app in Nigeria but one of the most used app in USA making it the only social app to connect with her.

If this is what Nigeria has become (became), then it's a sad story.

Don't know if this is the right section, mods plz help forward to Front Page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unlock Your Iphone 4/5/5C And 5S Permanently / Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.