Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,516 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced (1976 Views)

Lols..this Couple Have Explained To Us Why "Love Is Blind" (photos) / Why Love Alone Is Not Enough For A Successful Marriage/relationship / 7 Reasons Why Love Is A Waste Of Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 7:38pm On May 30, 2016
[b]At times i sit and feel pity for LOVE, for the damage done in it's name. So after stumbling on several threads and posts on nairaland and beyond, i decided to do this. They've been arguments recently and in the past pertaining the existence of love, the hurt it has inflicted on it's patients. Having paid attention to these arguments, i knew something was definitely wrong, and the problem ain't from LOVE itself but from HUMANS.
Enough said let's get down to business.

1. The equation of love is never balanced: The quality or quantity of love expressed by both parties is never proportional.
Man 70% + Woman 30% ≠ LOVE
Hence, in most cases one party takes advantage of the other.

2. Humans have misconstrued the meaning of love: Every saturday vows are been recited in churches, despite their vows to love regardless the condition till death, it's surprising the rate at which these marriages/relationships built on love collapses. To some, preaching it is a means to an end (sex).

3. Humans are more concerned about the characters of their partners: Many do have list/requirements the supposed spouse/partner is to meet probably in their head or penned down, whereas they do not meet the requirements they set for others. In relationships it's the same, as partners tend to want to influence the lifestyle of their spouse without putting theirs in check. To find the right person, be the right person.

4. Humans think love hurts: Someone hurt you, love didn't or better someone who claimed to love you hurt you. Loves doesn't hurt and neither does one who loves you. One who loves you knows what would hurt you by instinct and would desist from taking those paths.

5. Human don't understand love: Just like everything on earth requires understanding to execute, so does love. You can't practice what you know nothing of. A collection of peoples thought on love would help buttress this point. Most people are more interested in the verbal usage of the word than it's actual meaning.
Love is love, It has never changed neither will it. When surfing the web i stumble into words like "real or true love/unconditional love" these words are also obtainable during interactions with humans which is only affirming some unknown kinds of love(false love/conditional love). To people in this line of thought, love is true and unconditional.

6. Fear to love/fear to love again: This applies to the heartbroken, they've raised their defenses so high, they now see a loving person in same light as those who broke their hearts. Some are scared of loving because they've watched their friends and family pass through emotional pains because of love. There's this igbo proverb which translates to "should we avoid war because of death?", this question extends to other life challenges "should we quit hustling because of failure". Now ask yourself that last question, your answer is as good as mine.

7. I've said much, drop yours.

Just like the saying "good things are hard to find", so is love. the journey of love is not a smooth one, it's like traveling to an unknown land, you will likely fall into wrong routes. Don't quit the journey simply because you took a wrong route, quit the route and continue your journey.

Note: The above equation is not in any way an actual representation of the percentage of love displayed by parties in a relationship.
written by: Lsofdk
[/b]

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Smellymouth: 7:39pm On May 30, 2016
Nice write up Lsofdk

The feeling of love is about oneself—how we feel about a person or how a person makes us feel is completely about us, not the other person. And that’s not love—not real love.

Real love is about the other person and how we treat the other person, how we act towards him or her, how we choose to show up moment to moment in our relationship with that person—whether we do so with love, honesty, courage, openness, warmth, gratitude, appreciation, care, concern, an open heart; or whether we show up petty,resentful, moody, biitchy, depleted, unmotivated,dishonest, fearful, unopen,closed off,armored up,resistant, impenetrable, and vent ourselves on that person

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Smellymouth: 7:40pm On May 30, 2016
Brb
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by halfricanadian(f): 7:44pm On May 30, 2016
Op true i tell people whoever hurts u doesnt love u
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 30, 2016
kiss
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 30, 2016
I promise I'll be back to read this! smiley

Modified**

Bro, this article is dope, but..

I just want to ask few questions..

1. Does love at first sight really exist?

2. What is the percentage or should I say success rate of a love life with someone you haven't met before, only texting.?

3. Do you believe in friends with benefits?

Cc: Lsofdk (the love dokita)smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
Brb..
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Cutehector(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2016
I think this love should be a course of study in the university! grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2016
halfricanadian:
yeah, never did
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by MUVA(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2016
True love is something most people won't get to experience because society has completely blurred that concept. Although sometimes, we are largely at fault because we either miss-out on it due to TRUST ISSUES or MISPLACED PRIORITIES. Some of us don't even believe in the word LOVE because it happens to be one of the most abused word in the dictionary today.

Love has different meanings to different people. That's the major reason why I think most people may never get feel truly loved.
angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 7:59pm On May 30, 2016
Cutehector:
I think this love should be a course of study in the university! grin
it seems complicated right?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by falconey(m): 8:00pm On May 30, 2016
ok

what should one post now?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by tripplephi: 8:01pm On May 30, 2016
halfricanadian:
But you love God don't you? How come you have hurt him many times and he still forgives. My dear hurts are a part of love.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Cutehector(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2016
Lsofdk:

it seems complicated right?
I swear. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by halfricanadian(f): 8:11pm On May 30, 2016
Lsofdk:

yeah, never did

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by halfricanadian(f): 8:13pm On May 30, 2016
tripplephi:

But you love God don't you? How come you have hurt him many times and he still forgives. My dear hurts are a part of love.

No its not joor
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2016
tripplephi:

God loves you, has he hurt you? how can you not love the people you see and say you love ONE you don't/can't see
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by SweetieConstie(f): 8:24pm On May 30, 2016
Nice write-up!smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lezzlie(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2016
True love hurts as well as phoney love! Humans with all their imperfections have always known the meaning of love but has never been able to leave it out perfectly!

It's human frailty.
But love always leaves an imprint in the heart more than words can ever do.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 8:34pm On May 30, 2016
AirSultan:
I promise I'll be back to read this! smiley

Modified**

Bro, this article is dope, but..

I just want to ask few questions..

1. Does love at first sight really exist?

2. What is the percentage or should I say success rate of a love life with someone you haven't met before, only texting.?

3. Do you believe in friends with benefits?

Cc: Lsof.dk (the love dokita)smiley
1. i believe it does, but to most it a satisfaction of the image they carry in their head
2. success rate is dependent on couples involved
3. friends with benefit ain't love, was formed out of frustration in love affairs
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Smellymouth: 8:38pm On May 30, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 30, 2016
Lsofdk:
[b]At times i sit and feel pity for LOVE, for the damage done in it's name. So after stumbling on several threads and posts on nairaland and beyond, i decided to do this. They've been arguments recently and in the past pertaining the existence of love, the hurt it has inflicted on it's patients. Having paid attention to these arguments, i knew something was definitely wrong, and the problem ain't from LOVE itself but from HUMANS.
Enough said let's get down to business.

1. The equation of love is never balanced: The quality or quantity of love expressed by both parties is never proportional.
Man 70% + Woman 30% ≠ LOVE
Hence, in most cases one party takes advantage of the other.

2. Humans have misconstrued the meaning of love: Every saturday vows are been recited in churches, despite their vows to love regardless the condition till death, it's surprising the rate at which these marriages/relationships built on love collapses. To some, preaching it is a means to an end (sex).

3. Humans are more concerned about the characters of their partners: Many do have list/requirements the supposed spouse/partner is to meet probably in their head or penned down, whereas they do not meet the requirements they set for others. In relationships it's the same, as partners tend to want to influence the lifestyle of their spouse without putting theirs in check. To find the right person, be the right person.

4. Humans think love hurts: Someone hurt you, love didn't or better someone who claimed to love you hurt you. Loves doesn't hurt and neither does one who loves you. One who loves you knows what would hurt you by instinct and would desist from taking those paths.

5. Human don't understand love: Just like everything on earth requires understanding to execute, so does love. You can't practice what you know nothing of. A collection of peoples thought on love would help buttress this point. Most people are more interested in the verbal usage of the word than it's actual meaning.
Love is love, It has never changed neither will it. When surfing the web i stumble into words like "real or true love/unconditional love" these words are also obtainable during interactions with humans which is only affirming some unknown kinds of love(false love/conditional love). To people in this line of thought, love is true and unconditional.

6. Fear to love/fear to love again: This applies to the heartbroken, they've raised their defenses so high, they now see a loving person in same light as those who broke their hearts. Some are scared of loving because they've watched their friends and family pass through emotional pains because of love. There's this igbo proverb which translates to "should we avoid war because of death?", this question extends to other life challenges "should we quit hustling because of failure". Now ask yourself that last question, your answer is as good as mine.

7. I've said much, drop yours.

Just like the saying "good things are hard to find", so is love. the journey of love is not a smooth one, it's like traveling to an unknown land, you will likely fall into wrong routes. Don't quit the journey simply because you took a wrong route, quit the route and continue your journey.

Note: The above equation is not in any way an actual representation of the percentage of love displayed by parties in a relationship.
written by: Lsofdk
[/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2016
Smellymouth:
MUVA:
[b][i]…
Lezzlie:
thanks for the input
SweetieConstie:
[b]Nice write-up!smiley
Babzilla:
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 30, 2016
Lsofdk:

1. i believe it does, but to most it a satisfaction of the image they carry in their head
2. success rate is dependent on couples involved
3. friends with benefit ain't love, was formed out of frustration in love affairs
I now confer unto the: "THE CHAIRMAN OF ALL LOVE DOCTORS ON NAIRALAND".

SMELLYMOUTH will now give you the crown and staff of powergrin

nice one bro smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Smellymouth: 9:01pm On May 30, 2016
AirSultan:

SMELLYMO.UTH will now give you the crown and staff of powergrin

nice one bro smiley

grin cheesy

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 9:13pm On May 30, 2016
AirSultan:

SMELLYMOUTH will now give you the crown and staff of powergrin

nice one bro smiley
thanks babasmiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lezzlie(m): 9:26pm On May 30, 2016
Lsofdk:

thanks for the input

thanks
just speaking about experience, bro. True love is hard but it's a certainty. It takes great faith to love again once you've been burnt before.

To love is easy, staying true to love with commitment is the task in love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 30, 2016
true love is a mixture of pain and pleasure....just like a two edged sword, one works for the other
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 7:42am On May 31, 2016
thozin:
true love is a mixture of pain and pleasure....just like a two edged sword, one works for the other
good input although i don't concur. What actually causes pain in relationships? Pain comes into play when needs(sexually, emotionally, physically) in a relationship are not met/pain comes in when some *conditions* are not met.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 8:43am On May 31, 2016
*Number is truth
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Lsofdk(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
*Number is truth
which number do you speak of, or you meant allwink
Re: 7 Reasons Why Love May Never Be Experienced by Nobody: 9:12am On May 31, 2016
Lsofdk:

which number do you speak of, or you meant allwink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love And The People / Girls How Do I Look? / Biko, What Happened In This Photo? Sport Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.