Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Advice Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Me (1891 Views)

Please Advice Me: Am I Over Reacting Or Is She Really Playing Me? / Does My Aunty Want Sex With Me ?pls Advice Me / Advice Me: My Girlfriend Is Double Dating But Agreed To Marry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me by Jamean(f): 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
ElDeeVee:

No warning sign jor, at least not this small issue.

Trust me they are. She needs not capitalize on it but should bear it mind. Some girls are just side attractions waiting to explode. She needs to clear the issue of how she thinks she should be addressed ideally and truthfulness. I can't stand an insincere partner, small lies begat deeper ones.

As far as the relationship is concerned "girlfriend" is her title. So let it be cheesy
Re: Advice Me by Ferdyboss: 10:55pm On May 30, 2016
ElDeeVee:

I totally disagree with you on this Ferdy. Come on man, these things happen.

Oh oooo....ElDeeVee why u just disrupt my dream na.

Ony a "cheating guy" allows "these things to happen". This is my own opinion tho. Oya Na sleep sure pass for me now. Catch ya
Re: Advice Me by Odunharry(m): 11:10pm On May 30, 2016
MRBrownJ:
what best way there is to make a gal understand that they are just friends, than by saying:" i am gonna drop my GIRLFRIEND off in Ikeja?
this is not about explaining himself to her, this is about putting value into what/who you are.
if he cant even acknowledge what you guys have/are, then there is a red flag here. is he ashamed of you or your r/ship?
Very honest.. Clearly he isn't proud of the babe..
This days many relationships lack honesty and openness.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me by Odunharry(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2016
MRBrownJ:

you have to let him know how you expect to be treated, how you wanna be viewed/described etc since you have some insecurity/jealousy issues. tell him that this is what you need in order to feel comfortable in this union, and dont forget to ask him what he THINKS you are to him.

dont settle for BS because he thinks you are troublesome, tell him you are a woman that demand RESPECT, that demands that her man be fully open and transparent about what you guys have, and if he has a problem with that then he should wait until he is ready to be in a r/ship (with someone like you).

this is what YOU need, dont be afraid to demand for it, and if he cant deliver then move on instead of staying in a r/ship where you dont feel comfortable in.
U spoke my mind...
If she's not happy in the relationship she should simply walk away. no time for someone to be making the other feel insecure
Re: Advice Me by Odunharry(m): 11:18pm On May 30, 2016
staples:
I'm not scared of loosing him. I just don't like it when a guy sees me as a jealous and possessive gf, that's why i was just being careful, but I don't think I can continue with the pretence. We have been together for a month and few days now..Thanks
A month and few days ke??
how long were you friends?? did you really communicate/define your relationship initially??
Re: Advice Me by ivyy(f): 11:28pm On May 30, 2016
Jamean:

I believe these are warning signs. Some men are fond of trying to be smart with issues like this in the name of they don't want to hurt the other girl while they end up hurting their girlfriend.

If he really has severed relationship with the other girl then he should be straight with it. He doesn't need to sooth words about his location or whereabouts.

@ Vinshu I think he should have said he was with his girlfriend. In this context I consider the use of "someone" vague and inappropriate. Just like you're with your parent and a friend like this calls, will you say you're with someone to your parents hearing and understanding

If he was in her shoes will he be fine with it?

@warning signs, maybe true though.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me by tolutweety(m): 11:52pm On May 30, 2016
Ferdyboss:

Oh oooo....ElDeeVee why u just disrupt my dream na.
Only a "cheating guy" allows "these things to happen". This is my own opinion tho. Oya Na sleep sure pass for me now. Catch ya

I quite agree with LDV on this .

@bolded: These things happen , and it's definitely not only a cheating guy involved.
Is having a gf now an achievement that all a guy has to start thinking of,is how to tell the difference between interchanging 'someone' with 'gf'.# candid opinion

Communication and Trust are both essential here.

Good night ,ferdy.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me by Jamean(f): 11:58pm On May 30, 2016
tolutweety:

@bolded: These things happen , and it's definitely not only a cheating guy involved.
Is having a gf now an achievement that all a guy has to start thinking of is how to tell the difference between interchanging 'someone' with 'gf'.# candid opinion

Good night ,ferdy.

Tolu! let it down.
Re: Advice Me by tolutweety(m): 12:05am On May 31, 2016
Jamean:

Tolu! let it down.

Someone babe,why you mention me na.

Good night ,ma.
Re: Advice Me by thywobab(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2016
skarlett:
bae learn to use parargraphs then maybe we can help

But even your boo get a boo

Some pple mumu no b here,what's your own with paragraphs.Give advice or shut the hell up.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me by Nobody: 3:47am On May 31, 2016
staples:
I swore never to get jealous over anything or complain. My bf has been acting gud,and he has been quite sincere to me.today he received a call while we were chilling and i was about going home,he had plans of dropping me at home at ikeja. The gal asked him where he was "he said i'm home,but I'm going to ikeja to see someone " I didn't say anything, I got pissed in my mind cos i was tagged as "someone ". I felt bad immediately, I don't suspect him,I get jealous easily but i swore never to get jealous or complain about any gal stuff. I said I'll be in this relationship and enjoy every not without nagging, i'll believe what he tells me. But now I'm changing.
I asked him about it, he said he couldn't start explaining himself to her and he wanted her to just get off the phone,he later told me she used to like him before ,but he has made it clear to her that there is no relationship. He said they're just friends nothing more,or cant he havr friends because we are dating,i told him he can have friends. I then told him that if he is in a relationship with any gal,he should tell me and not lie,he said he has told me several times,that he is not in any relationship with any other gal.i said ok. So he dropped me and left and said he will call me.now he just chatted me up saying he's going to stop at vi to eat and see a friend before going home ,i just said okk
Now i feel uncomfortable,i think he wants to hangout with the gal. But i decided not to ask him "which friend" cos i dont want arguement or be tagged as troublesome or a nag.
What should i do? How can i stop this jealousy feeling or whatever? Or should i have asked him which friend he wants to see?
What do u guys think? Please advice me angry
your boyfriend is either cheating or planning to cheat on you.. D truth is bitter my dear... How can d so called boyfriend u said u love refer to you as "someone"... And even lie about being at home wen he was with. ..Gosh! These are little things u shouldn't just ignore... I don't trust dat part wen he said dat d other gal used to like him before but there isn't any relationship... There is 90% probability dats a big lie.. Based on the time u guys started dating it's very obvious u're d "side chick" am sure ur instinct is also telling you this... My advice to you is dat u should be careful.. Shine ur eyes well well because the ways of most guys these days aren't pure... Don't break up with him now but don't overlook things like this. . Stay in d relationship until u find concrete evidence to prove ur point...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me by ElDeeVee(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2016
tolutweety:

Is having a gf now an achievement that all a guy has to start thinking of,is how to tell the difference between interchanging 'someone' with 'gf'.# candid opinion

Good night ,ferdy.

cool cool

Re: Advice Me by staples(f): 8:17am On May 31, 2016
angry undecided
Re: Advice Me by Jamean(f): 8:20am On May 31, 2016
tolutweety:

Someone babe,why you mention me na.

Good night ,ma.

hahaha...someone ko, girlfriend ni.
Re: Advice Me by Jamean(f): 8:22am On May 31, 2016
ElDeeVee:

cool cool

SMH for you.
Re: Advice Me by ElDeeVee(m): 8:26am On May 31, 2016
Jamean:

Trust me they are. She needs not capitalize on it but should bear it mind. Some girls are just side attractions waiting to explode. She needs to clear the issue of how she thinks she should be addressed ideally and truthfulness. I can't stand an insincere partner, small lies begat deeper ones.

As far as the relationship is concerned "girlfriend" is her title. So let it be cheesy

The moment this very small issue becomes a warning sign, then it's safe to say there's a very big problem.

I mean, what is the essence of being in a relationship with 'someone' if a small thing like this is a 'warning sign'.
Re: Advice Me by Jamean(f): 8:50am On May 31, 2016
ElDeeVee:

The moment this very small issue becomes a warning sign, then it's safe to say there's a very big problem.

I mean, what is the essence of being in a relationship with 'someone' if a small thing like this is a 'warning sign'.

It is a warning sign. You have chosen not to see it in that light. LOVE IS NOT ASHAMED.
Boyfriend was not sincere and that lady still has a hold on him, otherwise he won't be bothered about her knowing he is with his girlfriend. I can't be with my boyfriend and a toaster calls and I will say I'm with with someone...infact I will deliberately tell toaster that I'm with my boyfriend for him to feel jealous cheesy and know that I am no longer available. tongue

These little things subtle build confidence in your partner. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Said I Don't Treat Her Like A Girl.. Pls I Need Advice... / Satisfying A Woman!!!! / Ladies How Do You Want It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.