Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) (7675 Views)

Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34 / Former Md Of Oceanic Bank, Cecilia Ibru, Convicted Of Bank Fraud / "The N13 Billion Nanny Loan" Oceanic Bank To Cecilia Ibru's Ex-Nanny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by bibiking1(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2009
mikeansy:

Folks I am no fan of Jimoh Ibrahim

But speak the truth and it shall set you free

the man never said he owed nobody.

Yes he did!,,,,,,,,,,,go ye forth and seek the truth, and it shall set you free!

Anyway, What is new with the "gang of Bank Robbers"? I only get to hear of Bonnie and Clyde (Erastus and Cecelia) what of Robin Hood (Barth) and the rest of the gang?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by MrCrackles(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2009
larez:

And my post disappears. SEUN!!!!! There is a NAZI loose here that is censoring posts oh!!! SEUNNNNNNN!!!! MY POST DISAPPEARED BECAUSE I SPOKE TRUTH OHHH!!!
LOL grin cheesy
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

LOL grin cheesy

Quit laughing and go to my profile. You can use quote to get my message back on. These Nazis on Nairaland sha!!! They don't want our people knowing the truth. You saw the second one disappear too huh?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by markemmi(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2009
please lets be frank waht ahve they contributed to the economy. we are talking about 740billion naira. If that is in the economy we will see it but i tell you it is not. Our electrycity project only needs 18billion for naija to have stable power supply. These guys took our money out of our country and thats why they are running out every time. there are some many projects that can really boost the economy. So if they claim they invested in the econnomy why is it not obvious they cant fool us they should pay.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Afam(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2009
larez:

Quit laughing and go to my profile. You can use quote to get my message back on. These Nazis on Nairaland sha!!! They don't want our people knowing the truth. You saw the second one disappear too huh?

Not surprised that your quote was removed (assuming you are even telling the truth) because you are a careless talker, quick to abuse when cornered and as a matter of fact if more and more posts from people like you are removed from the forum this forum will be a much better place. Ethnic bigotry has no place in the world we aspire to live in.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2009
Afam:

Not surprised that your quote was removed (assuming you are even telling the truth) because you are a careless talker, quick to abuse when cornered and as a matter of fact if more and more posts from people like you are removed from the forum this forum will be a much better place. Ethnic bigotry has no place in the world we aspire to live in.

You are simply a disgruntled hypocritical tribalist who hates the fact that I am consistent in standing against what you represent. Have a coke and a smile and STFU. lol

P.S. At least you are consistent at being against anything democratic. embarassed
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Afam(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2009
Don't worry, more of your posts will continue to disappear for whatever reasons because people who see everything through tribal and ethnic prisms represent the scum of the earth and that is what you are.

Quit complaining and learn to communicate like a human being.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2009
Afam:

Don't worry, more of your posts will continue to disappear for whatever reasons because people who see everything through tribal and ethnic prisms represent the scum of the earth and that is what you are.

Quit complaining and learn to communicate like a human being.

I guess you feel much better now. You have just slapped me with your almighty name callings and derogatory post. Wow!!! You are really a BIG AND STRONG man. Dang, what kind of SUPERIOR genes make these kinds of people?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by dfanthom(m): 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
tell that fellow to go regularise his position. he should put his money where his mouth is.
he's bigg enuff & brags that nuch too!
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by nex(m): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
@markemmi

It costs about $1 billion to generate 1,000 MW of electricity. That's N150 billion to generate 1,000 MW. N1.5 trillion would generate 10,000 MW which will only stabilize the country's supply for a while. We would need N7.25 trillion to be producing approximately 50,000 MW.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by bawomolo(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2009
why do you guys accuse anyone you disagree with as tribalist?

is that a new form of insult?
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
bawomolo:

Not only tribalists but also stalkers. These bad belle people will go to your profile and follow you around once you disagree with them. You did not need to comment without knowing the history behind the statement. First check a history of their posts and get a feel of the person involved.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Afam(m): 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2009
bawomolo:

Can you be more precise? I called the mumu larez a tribalist because that is what he is based on his comments on some topics I have seen on this forum and I believe that the post he is crying about had to do with his tribalistic nonsense he posts around like a scum he is.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afam:

Can you be more precise? I called the mumu larez a tribalist because that is what he is based on his comments on some topics I have seen on this forum and I believe that the post he is crying about had to do with his tribalistic nonsense he posts around like a scum he is.

Your papa, your mama, your granpapa, your granmama, all the people wey crawl out of the shrine human flesh eating village wey you come from, na dem be mumu and scum. Damned misogynistic nincompoop stalker. grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Afam(m): 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
larez:

Your papa, your mama, your granpapa, your granmama, all the people wey crawl out of the shrine human flesh eating village wey you come from, na dem be mumu and scum. Damned misogynistic nincompoop stalker. grin

Frustrated fraudster, it seems business is slow as 419 victims are becoming hard to get. This is how you pollute every single thread you contribute to with your low level of reasoning.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by bibiking1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2009
nex:

@markemmi

It costs about $1 billion to generate 1,000 MW of electricity. That's N150 billion to generate 1,000 MW. N1.5 trillion would generate 10,000 MW which will only stabilize the country's supply for a while. We would need N7.25 trillion to be producing approximately 50,000 MW.

Interesting fact Nex!!!!!!, now that points straight to one concrete fact, WE WILL NEVER HAVE CONSTANT LIGHT IN OUR LIFETIME (GENERATION)
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2009
Afam:

Frustrated fraudster, it seems business is slow as 419 victims are becoming hard to get. This is how you pollute every single thread you contribute to with your low level of reasoning.

You are a nobody who hides behind the anonymity of the internet. Sounds like you are describing yourself. Everyday is for the thief, and one day will be the owner's. People on Nairaland not only know me and have my telephone numbers, but they also call me and meet with me. If you shout my name out of the window, someone will be ready to bring you to me. I have nothing to hide, unlike criminal minded hatas like you who find nothing good in Nigeria.

My igg button gets active next. I shouldn't be wasting time with non-entities.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by candylips(m): 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
na wa o smiley
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Afam(m): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
nex:

@markemmi

It costs about $1 billion to generate  1,000 MW of electricity. That's N150 billion to generate 1,000 MW.  N1.5 trillion would generate 10,000 MW which will only stabilize the country's supply for a while.  We would need N7.25 trillion to be producing approximately 50,000 MW.

Interesting stats there but again, the most important question is this - what is our energy need today? Whatever the government comes up with how did they get to that figure?

With energy efficiency I can guarantee you that we can reduce the total energy need (no matter the current estimate) by up to 50% because as things are today it seems that the people in the energy sector do not know what they are doing.

Why would you have incandescent bulbs of up to 200W in the market for typical home use when you have energy efficient bulbs rated as low as 5W or 7W?

larez:

You are a nobody who hides behind the anonymity of the internet. Sounds like you are describing yourself. Everyday is for the thief, and one day will be the owner's. People on Nairaland not only know me and have my telephone numbers, but they also call me and meet with me. If you shout my name out of the window, someone will be ready to bring you to me. I have nothing to hide, unlike criminal minded hatas like you who find nothing good in Nigeria.

My igg button gets active next. I shouldn't be wasting time with non-entities.

Of course people on NL know you and call you, why not when they are trying to get the money you scammed from them. This is normal so don't see it as an achievement unless you are as dumb as an armed robber who was tied to the stake and was about to be shot who claimed he didn't know he was that popular considering the number of people that came to see him being executed.

I didn't know you were this dumb and silly. What a waste of orgasm.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by qblaze(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2009
Debt is part of business. The EFCC has no right to arrest debtors. They are just grandstanding. These banks are partly to blame for the high level of bad loans. Perhaps this will teach them to stop over charging clients.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2009
SANUSI AND WZIRI SCORE THEIR FIRST DEFEAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Court orders the realease of Finbank and Afribank MDS
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Tsiya(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
nex:

@markemmi

Your estimate must have included the Nigerian factor!!!& SIEMENS

Cost of generating electricty is calculated interms of MWh and that includes the fuel cost. MW is installed capacity.

Based on the current financial climate, I can categorically tell you that it cost far less than that for installed capacity of 1000 MW.

It cost about £250m to installed £350m power plant from design to commissioning of Gas Turbine Electricity Plant. The cost of generating will depend on the Taxes imposed, environmental levy and the cost of Natural Gas.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Tsiya(m): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2009
bibiking1:

Interesting fact Nex!!!!!!, now that points straight to one concrete fact, WE WILL NEVER HAVE CONSTANT LIGHT IN OUR LIFETIME (GENERATION)

We can have constant power in Nigeria. It just depends on what our leaders want. It doesnt cost much, considering our resources and our large chunk of foreign reserve wasting away.

With $10b we can have 20,000MW installed capacity within the next 4-5years.

Mark you we also need to Stop shipping our Natural Gas to foreign countries. MEND should bomb the LNG plant.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by larez(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2009
Tsiya:

We can have constant power in Nigeria. It just depends on what our leaders want. It doesnt cost much, considering our resources and our large chunk of foreign reserve wasting away.

With $10b we can have 20,000MW installed capacity within the next 4-5years.

Mark you we also need to Stop shipping our Natural Gas to foreign countries. MEND should bomb the LNG plant.

You must be really clueless to make such a suggestion. If Mend tried to bomb one of the NLNG Tankers that delivers gas to the USA, it will solve the Naija-Delta issues once and for all. I can assure you that at least 1/2 of the Naija/Delta will be obliterated. Look at it as the same as blowing up a small nuclear bomb.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by Tsiya(m): 12:03am On Aug 26, 2009
larez:

You must be really clueless to make such a suggestion. If Mend tried to bomb one of the NLNG Tankers that delivers gas to the USA, it will solve the Naija-Delta issues once and for all. I can assure you that at least 1/2 of the Naija/Delta will be obliterated. Look at it as the same as blowing up a small nuclear bomb.

I said plant, not tanker, can't you read between lines. All I'm suggesting is we have to end export of our gas to foreign countries when we badly need it for our own development.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by lastpage: 1:11am On Aug 26, 2009
@Mannygee
There have been so much hullabalo since the sacking of 'troubled' banks by the CBN. Much as i so much believe in the 'santitization' strategy, i would still not join the league of those who believe so much in the MILITANT approach by Sanusi Lamido on the following ground and i want all intellectuals to go along with me:

1. AUDITING OF TEN BANKS

Why did the CBN have to be SELECTIVE in its ADHOC auditing exercise? Although we are being told that more (eleven) banks are still currently being audited. Why can't the CBN finished up the whole audit exercise before realeasing its report. Why the rush? I hope there is no political sentiment in this exercise? I hope this exercise has not been predetermined? I believe there is something that meet the eye here? So much question but only time will give the answer.

2. WHY PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT OF 'AUDIT' FINDING WITHOUT THE AUDITEE BEING ALLOWED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ARISING.

The Banking and Other Financial Institution Act (BOFIA) stipulates that a bank (through its representatives) shall be given 30 DAYS to respond to any issue that may be arising from any special audit exercise carried out by the CBN on any (Nigeria) Banks. This in essence, is to support the TRUE and FAIR view of any audit report. This professionally procedure is also supported by the Standard Auditing Practice (SAP). Now the question is, why didn't the CBN allowed these 'troubled' banks to answer questions arising fro their 'auditing and investigation' exercise before concluding their report. Please lets be objective and professional here. I still believe there is something that meet the eye in CBN MILITAT approach. So much question but only time will give the answer.

3. DISPUTED DEBTORS FIGURE

The Standard Auditing Practice (SAP) spelt out the principle of THIRD PARTY CONFIRMATION in auditing amount owing an audited Company (and Banks). In a more clear term, an Auditor MUST CIRCULARIZE all debtors to CONFIRM TRULY the amoung standing in the book of an audited bank as being owing by them. The current dissagreement of figures amongst these bank Debtors shows that the CBN did not exercise DUE DELIGENCE in their auditing exercise and I ask why? Is this a professional genuine oversight or the CBN intentionally ignored professional ethic just to achieve their 'hidden' agenda for some group of individual just in the name of carrying out CBN legitimate function? So much question but only time will give the right answer.

4. WHY MILITANT APPROACH IN DEBT RECOVERY ON BANK DEBTORS?

I STRONGLY believe that the CBN can go about its 'BANK SANITATION' exercise without making it this public BECAUSE of its negative effect on the economy. Now the ignorant ones are raining abuse, assault and vernon on the people like Otedola, Dangote, Jimoh Ibrahim just to mention a few. Please don't get me wrong, am not saying that they are right for not paying or servicing their debts (even those some have even proved to be servicing same) and neither am i saying we should pamper them. What i am advocating for is that, let us be fair to these business Moguls, industralists and enterpreneurs who have under harsh economic policy and conditions continued to take the risk of investing in Nigeria economy unlike those who steal our National cake and run abroad. The likes of Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim and Dangote have contributed immensely the our GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP) . I need not talk of the employment opportunites (for the youths), raising the standard of living (through product and service offering), paying salaries and paying taxes to the goverment. Am sure anyone who might have benefitted in one way or the other from the BOLD INVESTMENT DRIVE of these enterprenuers will care less if all these are being done on borrowed fund from banks. Just last friday, the Vice President of Nigeria (, Goodluck Jonnathan) was in Lagos to commission the new office complex of Zenox (belonging to Otedola). In a more developed countries, Government or Venture Capitalist rally round industralist/enterpreneur/business mogul like Otedola, Dangote, Jimoh Ibrahim to bail them out of this ugly situation. But here in Nigeria, its pay your debt yourself or we CUT yourself. What a pity? There is structurally inbalance in our economy and we need to fix it up.

THE WAY FORWARD

No matter the amount of 'sanitation' exercise being done by the CBN, all will still come back to [b]NOTHING if something is not done to make our economy more stable than it is noe. I quite agree that sanitazing the banking sector is not a step too small BUT that too has to be done in a very TRUE AND FAIR manner so as not to be counter-productive. And unless there is proper electoral reform in Nigeria we shall continue to suffer ourselves of credible leaders in this our Country. Leaders that have vision. Leaders that will not sleep over Global Economic Meltdown. Leaders that will create an enabling environment for our industralists and enterprenuers to do business with ease. Leaders that will create job for the youths. Leaders that will make our parents enjoy their pension with no hazzle in retirement .What esle can i say? Oh! Nigeria!!!

Conclusively,

1. Dangote, Otedola, Jimoh Ibrahim and co, Biko, be humble and pay una debts as soon as possible. Na to take hands rub each other dey make hands clean oo. Thank you Sirs for ya cooperation.

2. Sacked MDs, Where is ya professionally ethic? Like CBN governor talk say Its not a crime to make loss but failure to disclose the loss na im bad pass. I know by now you would have burnt ya fungers and learnt ya lessons. There should be no compromise in practicing corperate governance. However, i pray that the CBN should temper justice with mercy because na 3 YEARS JAIL TERM (according to BOFIA) dey ring to una hair so. GOD FORBID sha.

3. Our Able CBN (Sanusi Lamido) , Softly softly oo. Power dey kill o. I hope you will remember say Nigerians like pushing their industrious servicing public servant oo. If e happen finish now, nobody go praise you again o. I hope una still remember of Nuhu Ridadu sha. No be say Soludo no fit do wetin you sanusi dey do now o but he apply wisdom, diplomacy and wise politics into the 'game' . This is because he (soludo) knows who Nigerians are. A word they say its enough for the wise.

Please forgive me NAIRALANDERS if i have spoken STUPIDILY here o.

Thanks
I SALUTE YOU, MANNYGEE!

This thread is about bank debts, repayment (+ modus operandi) and its effect on the Nigerian economy but as usual, some immature Nairalanders have turned it to "personal insults/attack" on one another!
Its only when you have nothing "cranial" to say that you waste your time pouring venom on another "faceles blogger" you have not met or may never even meet! He or she could even be a menal retard with access to a computer grin

I would suggest we all adopt the approach of Mannygee (why l quoted him verbatim), lay out your position in a sensible and civil manner. MAKE YOUR POINT, NOT NOISE

As for Larez and Afam, grow up, two'aya.
Thanks,
Lastpage
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by otokx(m): 1:55am On Aug 26, 2009
I have not seen anyone abuse DANGOTE yet because he has the capacity to pay back and borrow much more. Its people like OTEDOLA and JIMOH that have problem. Even at that not much is even said about them. The painful ones are that "NANNY"? We have many boutiques all over Nigeria and that is a small enterprise not even to reach small medium. Then you give that small enterprise 13 billion. Which collateral will such a person have? CECILIA no do well at all at all.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim: I'll Pay Today! (Oceanic Bank Loan) by OYBMEND: 2:53am On Aug 26, 2009
who will arrest cbn for cooking up list of debtors and misleading the whole nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Blasts Ahmadu Ali For Denigrating Yorubas / Biafrans Killing Hausa Men Photo / Jonathan May Be Killed In Plane Crash – Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.