Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128091 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2016
When we settled down in the lodge given to us, the first thing I noticed was that the batch corps members in the lodge shared the ladies among themselves, they would kiss each other, lie on top of each other, hug and press each other in the open. Nothing was hidden, Infact we already heard rumours that the Hausa man that owns the house said we will pack out come August because of the sexual activities he heard happening in his house. so the whole thing became so obvious to us, we didn't have to blame the man again, though we don't support his intention but the sexual deeds is becoming so obvious.

This ladies have their room, why not go inside and do whatever you want to do. We marked the faces of all of them. That Friday, by 6p.m, it was time for Muslim prayers and we saw the same sisters dressed up in their hijab ready for prayers. we all got hope that the hijab and the whole covering was nothing, we can still penetrate the Hausa ladies, it's still possible for us to date them.

Most people among us were already sex starved after 16 days in the camp, so seeing the ladies all covered made us become pessimistic in terms of relating with them.

With what happened in our lodge, we knew it was still possible to mingle with them.

One day, I lost my way inside a keke napep, I was d only one in d vehicle, he can't hear English, I can't speak Hausa, so if I call the nearest filling station, he will nod his heard in affirmative yet he will drive to the nearest police station. I was lost in the city of Kano. suddenly he picked one lady, a very young girl, tall and perhaps "may" be beautiful, as usual, if a lady enters the same car or keke with you, you will adjust such that your body won't touch hers for any reason, so I adjusted.

Having lost my way, I asked her in English," do you hear and speak English?" she answered "No, I don't ", so it became evident that she does, I told her the problem i am into with the driver, I also told her where I was going to. she spoke to the driver in Hausa language and luckily enough we were going towards the same way. so I initiated a conversation. I asked her "yaya sunanki"(what is your name), she answered. I told her am a Corper and that am new to Kano, I don't even know how to speak Hausa, save the greetings only, she told me that she is volunteering to teach me Hausa, which was very kind of her. I was happy that Atleast I have gotten a Muslim female friend, but the one million dollar question is "do you know her? " .

she covered every part of her body, including her nose. the only thing I can see is her eyes, she is single because I asked her, she isn't even engaged, yet she covered like a masquerade. one part of my mind told me to collect her number, but if I do, how do I recognize her next time, do I even know the person I was talking to? all this things tan through my mind.

When I alighted, she told me she is paying for my transport, I thanked her in Hausa. but to collect her number, I refused, I was afraid, she could be someone's wife, she could be a temptation, it may be a future trap. so I decided to let her go. that was my first experience with a Muslim girl.

but something very interesting happened later that day. I have gotten a place of primary assignment, a polytechnic, but they don't pay Corpers so we were looking for a place of secondary assignment, yet we have gotten a place of tertiary assignment, a college of education very close to our lodge.

often time we go there to make friends, yet to look out for a female friends and to watch ball. that evening we were two that went to the school, and we met them in their large quantity, what happened that evening is what you won't like to hear. this Hausa ladies are very hard, they hardly stop for you to talk to them do we decided to go for the non Hausa girls. we identify them by their hair. if you don't cover your hair them you are not a Muslim, this rule only happens inside school and nowhere else save sabongari.

That evening, I met one girl!!! The way and manner I met her is my business? or should I tell you?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by nurmanteasynoni: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2016
mrphysics:
When we settled down in the lodge given to us, the first thing I noticed was that the batch corps members in the lodge shared the ladies among themselves, they would kiss each other, lie on top of each other, hug and press each other in the open. Nothing was hidden, Infact we already heard rumours that the Hausa man that owns the house said we will pack out come August because of the sexual activities he heard happening in his house. so the whole thing became so obvious to us, we didn't have to blame the man again, though we don't support his intention but the sexual deeds is becoming so obvious.

This ladies have their room, why not go inside and do whatever you want to do. We marked the faces of all of them. That Friday, by 6p.m, it was time for Muslim prayers and we saw the same sisters dressed up in their hijab ready for prayers. we all got hope that the hijab and the whole covering was nothing, we can still penetrate the Hausa ladies, it's still possible for us to date them.

Most people among us were already sex starved after 16 days in the camp, so seeing the ladies all covered made us become pessimistic in terms of relating with them.

With what happened in our lodge, we knew it was still possible to mingle with them.

One day, I lost my way inside a keke napep, I was d only one in d vehicle, he can't hear English, I can't speak Hausa, so if I call the nearest filling station, he will nod his heard in affirmative yet he will drive to the nearest police station. I was lost in the city of Kano. suddenly he picked one lady, a very young girl, tall and perhaps "may" be beautiful, as usual, if a lady enters the same car or keke with you, you will adjust such that your body won't touch hers for any reason, so I adjusted.

Having lost my way, I asked her in English," do you hear and speak English?" she answered "No, I don't ", so it became evident that she does, I told her the problem i am into with the driver, I also told her where I was going to. she spoke to the driver in Hausa language and luckily enough we were going towards the same way. so I initiated a conversation. I asked her "yaya sunanki"(what is your name), she answered. I told her am a Corper and that am new to Kano, I don't even know how to speak Hausa, save the greetings only, she told me that she is volunteering to teach me Hausa, which was very kind of her. I was happy that Atleast I have gotten a Muslim female friend, but the one million dollar question is "do you know her? " .

she covered every part of her body, including her nose. the only thing I can see is her eyes, she is single because I asked her, she isn't even engaged, yet she covered like a masquerade. one part of my mind told me to collect her number, but if I do, how do I recognize her next time, do I even know the person I was talking to? all this things tan through my mind.

When I alighted, she told me she is paying for my transport, I thanked her in Hausa. but to collect her number, I refused, I was afraid, she could be someone's wife, she could be a temptation, it may be a future trap. so I decided to let her go. that was my first experience with a Muslim girl.

but something very interesting happened later that day. I have gotten a place of primary assignment, a polytechnic, but they don't pay Corpers so we were looking for a place of secondary assignment, yet we have gotten a place of tertiary assignment, a college of education very close to our lodge.

often time we go there to make friends, yet to look out for a female friends and to watch ball. that evening we were two that went to the school, and we met them in their large quantity, what happened that evening is what you won't like to hear. this Hausa ladies are very hard, they hardly stop for you to talk to them do we decided to go for the non Hausa girls. we identify them by their hair. if you don't cover your hair them you are not a Muslim, this rule only happens inside school and nowhere else save sabonga

That evening, I met one girl!!! The way and manner I met her is my business? or should I tell you?
Oya now,, but gaskiya this girls scarcity or stiffness matter don dey make me hate that place already oo, how person so do without bae

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Onyiibazz: 11:03am On Jun 02, 2016
mrphysics:

often time we go there to make friends, yet to look out for a female friends and to watch ball. that evening we were two that went to the school, and we met them in their large quantity, what happened that evening is what you won't like to hear. this Hausa ladies are very hard, they hardly stop for you to talk to them do we decided to go for the non Hausa girls. we identify them by their hair. if you don't cover your hair them you are not a Muslim, this rule only happens inside school and nowhere else save sabongari.

Sky everything o! The nigga above me don provoke already self! We're sha using this story to wait for callup letter

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2016
osytex:

very good.
That's nice,but what will the corper be doing in the barrack?i mean the assignments.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
Let's continue, am sorry, I have been very busy preparing for lectures and tackling other questions from a college of education close to us.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Kano is a very religious community, apart from Lagos, Abuja, I don't think they is any state that is as big and developed as Kano state. Leave all this rating, those that rate Kano state probably haven't been to the state or may have visited it for a very long time now. I have been to PH, akwa ibom, Enugu, but you can't compare them to Kano. the reason why Kano state is not been heard like other state is that they don't care.

the population is quite large. I just confirmed the 1.9 million vote brought by Kano state in the last presidential election. infact by 2019, Kano will produce 2.5 million votes. they are too many persons in Kano. too many.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
Glad you're back.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
The height of religious intolerance is too high in Kano. they can trample upon your right, they don't care what you believe, they don't care who you are. they care vwry less about the constitution. they only do those things that seem right to them.

You may go to fetch water at the borehole, then the next thing you will see is someone who wants to pray coming to the borehole and putting his hand inside you bucket. they call it ablutions.

whether it violet your believe is your business. They are taught to put religion first in whatever they do. Infact they care less about what the world see them as. they don't give a Bleep on what you think about them.

The western education is called conventional educational here in Kano. it's the second education one attends after completing the first set of Islamic studies called islamiyya.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
Islamiyya is the school for Islamic studies, its everywhere in Kano. once a child is born, he is first sent to islamiyya, where he undergoes his primary level up to primary six. after primary six, then he begins the western education (conventional). Islamiyya is very important to them. I will be lecturing and the next thing is that someone will raise his hand, thinking he wants to ask a question, what I will hear is that it's time for islamiyya.

At that point you have no choice than to stop, if you don't then you are on your own. these are students who are out of secondary school.

In Kano state, you are forced to dress like them. its unlike the south that a lady will tell you that she has a right to wear whatever she wish to wear. it's opposite here in Kano. a lady Dere not leave her hair uncovered or wear anything revealing her body, if you try it, you will be dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
one of the guy I met in Kano told me to convert to Islam that Islam is the best religion. he was bold enough to tell me that. I just looked at him and whispered to his hear that no religion is better than each other.

Kano is a very religious place. they mount speakers even in electric pole. El-Rufia can't enforce that his bill in Kano here.

you can't count five houses without seeing a mosque. Here is full of mosque. their ladies don't come outside and you Dere not work while holding a lady here in Kano. if she like let her her your wife, they never born you to try it. inside keke napep, you are not allowed to sit touching a lady though some motorists don't care about whether you touch them or not.

Another thing here in Kano is that the fence of every house is almost the height of the roof of the building. no matter how local the house is, it must have a fence as high as the roof. The Emir of Kanos house has a very high fence such that even if you are in a storey building, you wouldn't see the inside. They do it to protect their wife, they don't want you to see their wife or daughter.

And you don't visit them. if you manage to get any female friend in Kano, you don't visit her, she is the only one to visit you, else, if any Muslim man see you in his house, just know that one of your hand is gone.

till tomorrow, sai gobe, or sai da safe , it's a Muslim way of saying,"good night, till tomorrow". Allah iy kai'mu, Amin[may God make it to happen]

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by ibroh22(m): 12:35am On Jun 05, 2016
This has changed my mind about going to Kaduna for NYSC,,I go jejely go Delta state or cross river wey I go bleep well,not all this yeye state wey dem go they hide there girls

7 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2016
ibroh22:
This has changed my mind about going to Kaduna for NYSC,,I go jejely go Delta state or cross river wey I go bleep well,not all this yeye state wey dem go they hide there girls

Were you posted to Kaduna?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by ibroh22(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

waiting for next batch and I want to pick Kaduna
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by missyojo(f): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
Am enjoying this gist of yours, so sad i had to redeploy from kano state. if not i would have atleast have an experience about life in kano as a corper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
missyojo:
Am enjoying this gist of yours, so sad i had to redeploy from kano state. if not i would have atleast have an experience about life in kano as a corper.
Lol. it's cool anyway, batch A16?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by nnamdiosu(m): 12:41am On Jun 06, 2016
op i served in kano too. 2013 batch c. you didnt say your own batch and year. i served at the nysc secreteriat, the ict department. kano is fun seriously. but the heat and cold na die. early in the year thats when the cold starts then till late in the year. in the afternon, we wear socks becos of the cold. i believe you stayed on gwaro road or near kofa famfur,(cos thats near the college of education and the buk uni) please continue. im really enjoying these memories your reminding me of. kudos

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:38am On Jun 06, 2016
nnamdiosu:
op i served in kano too. 2013 batch c. you didnt say your own batch and year. i served at the nysc secreteriat, the ict department. kano is fun seriously. but the heat and cold na die. early in the year thats when the cold starts then till late in the year. in the afternon, we wear socks becos of the cold. i believe you stayed on gwaro road or near kofa famfur,(cos thats near the college of education and the buk uni) please continue. im really enjoying these memories your reminding me of. kudos

Thanks, I don't want to say exactly where I live sir. It's not only one college of education that is in Kano. Nysc Secretariat is in gwale L.G.A, kabuga. Congratulations on your successful service. Kano is fun if you know the way. seems you are a regular visitor to sabongari. Outside Sabongari, Kano is NEVER FUN

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Dottune(m): 9:21am On Jun 06, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Mr. Japheth! Don't tell me it is you
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by AxeurdaddyIX: 9:43am On Jun 06, 2016
Dottune:
Mr. Japheth! Don't tell me it is you

Lmfao. Funnab Juice of Life!!!!! U nor say no other person be Axeurdaddy. Any other one is a counterfeit. Hafa U naa?

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Welcomme: 10:08am On Jun 06, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Guy kaduna is a free state compared to kano. It is liberal state. u will enjoy it most if u are being posted to southern kaduna, kaduna main town or Zaria.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Dottune(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Lmfao. Funnab Juice of Life!!!!! U nor say no other person be Axeurdaddy. Any other one is a counterfeit. Hafa U naa?
Loool na true

I just dey o, how you dey na?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by AxeurdaddyIX: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
Dottune:

Loool na true

I just dey o, how you dey na?

Omo, Nysc just dey toy with my feelings oooo sad
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Dottune(m): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

Omo, Nysc just dey toy with my feelings oooo sad
No worry them go soon call una, we weh dey go for like October nkor?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by AxeurdaddyIX: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
Dottune:
No worry them go soon call una, we weh dey go for like October nkor?

At least you have a definite date/month
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by giga02(m): 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
From jigawa to Kano was a hit on their experiences I would definately write about mine after my service
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Dottune(m): 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
AxeurdaddyIX:

At least you have a definite date/month
It's only a matter of time, dey flex for house, you weh dey go North, by now all those Hausa girls go dey your mind.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by oweniwe(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
Op continue story nau
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by missyojo(f): 12:07am On Jun 07, 2016
Abii oo, OP continue with your story as it's getting interesting.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 7:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Please am so sorry, I have been busy with lectures. I don't have any lecture today, so as soon as am done with my morning chores, I will update this thread. Get ready to read.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2016
whenever a child I born in Kano, he is first shown RELIGION, so for them, Religion or nothing else. One of my students hair looked very untidy, he happened to be the course representative, when I encouraged him to shave his beards and barb his hair, he told me that according to his religion, he is an Afar and should look like one. I was greatly shocked and ended the discussion because you dare not go against their religious. In Kano state, Religion is first.

The child's first education is ISLAMIYYA, where they study Islamic studies, I have asked what is the purpose of islamiyya and I was told it's for the study of quoran. For years this people study other peoples language only to read the quoran. they don't know anything else save their islamiyya. They don't joke with it. The child will go to islamiyya till he gets to primary five before he is allowed to enter into the conventional (western education) education. only then will he or she starts to learn how to speak English. To you find out that someone who just finished secondary school in Kano state may not speak or express himself in English. when you ask them question in class, they are shy not because they don't know then answer but they don't know how to express their opinion.

I gave a test and told one of them to meet me, after the lecture, he came, I asked him why he wants to meet me, he started speaking Hausa. Upon the fact they he got everything he wrote correctly, even when he wrote in English language yet he can't speak a word in English. that is the life on students in Kano state. They are only interested in Islamiyya

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2016
The official language in Kano state is Hausa. Infact Nothing like vernacular speaking, whether in official places Hausa dominate. I remember in my undergraduate days that one of my friend spoke to our H.O.D in igbo language and he was rebuked by the head of department, it's unlike that in Kano.

in the office, the students speak Hausa to the H.O.D or any of their lecturers. one day I told my H.O.D that they is no way this people can learn English if they(the lecturers) speak Hausa to the students. Infact I was told to even use Hausa to teach physics.

Just yesterday one of my female friend told sent a text message to me with different kinds of English. "sir, I am a joke", the other day a friend received a message a showed us the text, it reads," sir, my ba3 is dangerous" and the likes of them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2016
One thing I discovered in my PPA is that they use cheap labour from Nysc yet they don't pay. They apply to Nysc to send them H.Sc holders (first class and second class upper graduates), HND holders (distinction and upper credit candidates). They get the best of Nigerian graduates yet they don't pay. Physics graduates are very scare in Kano. Infact when we got they, we were told that they are in dire need of physicists. And we happened to be two physicists sent to the school. They have very few physics lecturers, infact my H.O.D just told me that they want to employ atleast 3 physicists. Though I am not qualified because I don't have NYSC discharge certificate!!! imagine. Am watching in 3D. The pay is good and I pray I get qualified, only God knows.

But the point is that most employers of NYSC labour use NYSC as source of cheap labour. In my PPA, a graduate assistant with 2:1 or first class is paid a start up fee of N98k, now I have the same qualification, I do the same or even better job with no pay simply because it's an NYSC, and they have greatly depended on NYSC for a very long time. if this corper go, another ones will come. I urge the federal government to collect money from this employers of labor and increase the NYSC salary structure

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.