Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? (26208 Views)

Handshake Across The Niger Communique: South-East, South-West Decision In Enugu / Niger Delta Avengers Website Blocked / "Don't Attack Soldiers, Oil Workers & Aircrafts" - Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by mindtricks: 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
Quite a largely unbiased take. Unlike the falsehood being peddled around by others.
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by nelcliff(m): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you asked me na who I go ask!!!
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by YTkester: 12:26am On Jun 02, 2016
brownskindude:
NDA are freedom fighters trying to liberate us in the South South region of Nigeria from the claws of the illiterate and parasitic North and from their coward and self-centred Yoruba counterparts.

The best quote of the century! Barman abeg 1000 orjin for this my guy.
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by hollypagan: 3:53am On Jun 02, 2016
CzarRex:
niger Delta SC-avengers are simply bunch of jobless mofos,who don't want to work,instead wants free money from the government and Are terrible copycats "The Avengers"

after when they're through with destroying pipelines they will come and cry foul that it was government that soiled their land.iSMH
you can call jobless go there to say it
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by boscojo16: 4:59am On Jun 02, 2016
Freedom fighters
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by Mackson01: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2016
NDA members & their sponsors should be charged for treason. No more no less
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by Kennyfancy(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2016
onosprince:
They live in my Area in Warri..
u ar mad, idiot, they ar nt in warri, they ar in ur father house
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by loshybab(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Elliot2:
my dear, do all those northerners that own oil blocks in the south represent the overall populace of the north? whether NDA do not represent the whole ND populace or not does not mean anything, cos the truth is that ND has been unfairly treated. if others don't have the mind to demand for that which is their right, let those that have the mind do it. my only concern is about the damage to the environment and the untold hardship on the poor massed. the solution to this problem is true federalism, let's each units control their resources. if they Niger Delta states lyk they Shld misuse it,n let militants to suffer them buh not involving the whole country. don't you think God has given each region a gift; the ibos wisdom to succeed in biz,niger delta crude oil, de north large land mass to farm n feed themselves. It's better that way wit true federalism.
...And the yorubas foresight to develop something from nothing
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by loshybab(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
MadCow1:

The Northerners that own Oil Blocs, did they bid for it and win it fair and square?

Did Southerners bid for said wells and were cheated out of acquiring the lease?

The Government has put up (or are planning to put up) the refineries for sale under privatization, how many Niger Deltans have started carrying out their due diligence with respect to buying these facilities? Or do you expect the Government to dash it to a Niger Deltan?

The Niger Deltans may have been unfairly treated by the Government but we have been treated worse by our own people. Our leaders, the Youth representatives and elders. Or have you forgotten that Jonathan was president for 5 years plus? What did Jonathan do with regards to clean up in the Niger Delta (Particularly Ogoni land)?

I agree what we need to decentralize power.. But even if we did that, as long as we still have the likes of Odili, Ibori, Ateke, Jonathan, Asari, Tompolo and co as our leaders, the region would continue to witness a narrow wealth distribution.

The first thing the Niger Deltans need to do away with is this false sense of entitlement. It has made us all lazy within the region and has driven us to use criminal means to enforce this 'sense of entitlement' we have.

Note: The Niger Deltans have Water and land.. Farming and fishing is our main stay.. Oil is just an added bonus.

The East are Business Savvy, also have land for farming.. Oil and gas, solid minerals are a bonus..

The West have Water, commerce, Timber, Cocoa and industries.. Oil and Solid minerals are just a bonus.

The North has Climate for farming, land and livestocks.. Solid Minerals are a bonus.

The Niger Deltans need to look away from oil and find what other things make us. Oil should not be the beginning and end of the Niger Deltans reasoning.

This singular comment of urs is sooo on point. May ur sense of reasoning this kind of comment never go on recess
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by blackbeau1(f): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
In the words of Mr King, 'why can't we all just get along
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by Elliot2(m): 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2016
loshybab:

...And the yorubas foresight to develop something from nothing
gudos to dem o. buh it's not as if ND wasn't faring well before oil discovery, we bin no dey depend on de north or SW. With our fishing,palm oil production n subsistence farming, we were ok. but u see, oil came n spoilt de whole ecosystem, vandalization is no excuse, poor leadership. now we can't fish,we can't farm, yet dos benefits gotten from de oil is not generously bringing dividends to de place.
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by loshybab(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
Elliot2:
gudos to dem o. buh it's not as if ND wasn't faring well before oil discovery, we bin no dey depend on de north or SW. With our fishing,palm oil production n subsistence farming, we were ok. but u see, oil came n spoilt de whole ecosystem, vandalization is no excuse, poor leadership. now we can't fish,we can't farm, yet dos benefits gotten from de oil is not generously bringing dividends to de place.
@bad leadership! I think dts d major problem d region now faces and laziness of the youth. The major problm is d dividends of d oil dt isn't gettin to d lower class/ main inhabitants of d creeks.

But then,I cnt say mch coz I've neva bn to doz creeks bt I sure knw about d greediness of the regional elites.
Re: Who Are The Niger Delta Avengers?? by SenatorJames(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
May God help us in Nigeria. We are lamenting about bad economic situation due to fall in global oil price, these avengers are still troubling the little source of our national income. My fear is the fire for fire approach our government is using to combat them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Troops Destroy Illegal Crude Oil Refineries & Kidnapers Camp In Niger Delta.PICS / Which Other 2023 Presidential Aspirant Is As Serious As Tinubu? / Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.