Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today (48993 Views)

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency / A Man Was Duped This Morning In Ikeja, Lagos / How He Was Duped Of N50,000 In UBA In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
OP I think av gotten him on facebook. His fb name is: VOmuaru Adokiye (Adokiye V O)
Just copy as its above, u will get every info about him. Thank me later

He's even married with kids. You will get pictures of him, his wife and kids on fb
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Dubem13: 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am in ph I can help you get this guy, acording to truecaller it seems he lives in Ada george in ph
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:
Nairalander, please come to my rescue o... I am an entrepreneur who has tried his hands out on many things, from owning a Laundry, to having a mobile car wash, but as faith will have it, i found myself in this line of work, selling fashion items. I dont believe in staying idle but as faith will have it, this young man has duped me of my hard earned money... I had to tag along with a friend to prepare barbeque at a party to get my first capital, i seriously believed in this project of mine hence my willingness to struggle on when things seems tight at times

It all started some few weeks back, i placed an advert for some of my items on facebook, hoping to get people interested in my products, but as faith will have it, out of all the good Nigerians i met, a very bad one also came my way... He called himself Victor Adokiye which i believe is an alias now with phone numbers 07085661278 and 08080383516 which he used in contacting me... he sent me a message on whatsapp saying he wanted a shoe, which i shipped to him in Port harcout through Agofure and i told him to go to their waterline park to pick up 2 days later. on the morning of the 3rd day, he called me and told me he was on his way to pick up the item which was worth 29,000. I told him to call me when he gets to the park so i could talk to the person in charge to let him see the shoe, try it out if it was his size, then release it to him when i tell him to release it. My mistake was trusting him cause never in my wildest dream did i believe i would be cheated of my hard earned money and sweat. all this while, i didnt know he was with his friend, passing him off as the person in charge at Agofure, along the line during my dialogue with his friend whom i was made to believe is a staff of Agofure asked me for the waybill number so he could check for the item which i innocently gave him. he called me later and told me that the shoe wasnt his size, and i told him to drop it that i will find a way to get it back to Lagos. unknowingly, i didnt know he had gone behind my back to collect the shoe at Agofure. my thought was that my instruction was clear to the person i spoke with, never to release the parcel without my consent.

Two days later he sent me a message, telling me he has a friend who was willing to buy the shoe, that the shoe was initially meant for one of his friends, that the other friend had decided to pick it up, i was happy cause i needed the money to settle some debts i owed... i was thankful to God, for i believed he had answered my prayers... he now asked me to send another, a size 42 for him personally, that he was going to pay for both when it came, i stupidly went to Agofure to send another, not knowing he was a fraud, and he had picked the first shoe. today, he used his friend again to impersonate the Agofure staff. i didnt know cause i thought i was dealing with an upright Nigerian, he told me he was going to the bank to pay and he will let me know when he does the transaction, then he will go back to Agofure to pick up after payment... Later in the afternoon, he told me he had made payment, i told him to send pictures of the teller to me so i can confirm he truly paid but i noticed he stopped picking his calls and he stopped reading his whatsapp messages, i started to suspect him, but before i could get their number at Agofure to report the case, the deed had been done... he had picked the other shoe both worth 58,000 naira... i am depressed right now and maybe just maybe, he might have put me out of business, but i feel it is important to share my story and i would love every young and old persons out there to learn from my mistake no one knows it all, i have made mistakes and i have paid for them dearly, but i know anywhere the man is, he will know no peace and if i am lucky to catch him with the help of anybody reading this, lynching him will be the least of his worries...

please nairalanders, i appeal to you all to help me get justice any way you can be of help will be greatly appreciated. i know my money is gone and i might never get the chance to realize the goals i set for myself, but catching this thief will be the greatest gift i can ever get... If there is any help anyone can render in helping me catch this thief, i will gladly appreciate it...

Sorry to hear your story.
I am happy to help. Send me you bank account number and I will send N58k to you. All the best in your endeavours.
But there is a condition, if I send the money to you. It will show my name. Please don't disclose my name in this forum or any forum.
Thanks

11 Likes

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by oluwafreshkid(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
He sent the first shoe he need's to get an alert or the first shoe is returned to him before he could send another, if he was duped only the first shoe which he said cost about 29,000 naira then i won't worry about his intelligence, what made him to send another item making the total 58,000 naira to someone you have not met before? As for you people here that will read your comment will know you're just plain stupid, intellectually dull and short-sighted.

One crate of whatever you drink for you!

You either receive alert for the first goods, or get it returned to you before sending another one.
Internet business needs training also

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
Guy see the criminal's details here as presented by truecaller. He is a real scammed. He scams girls too. Broadcast his pics on facebook attaching his image and ur story. Declare him wanted. He will come begging

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Obcglobal(m): 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2016
Sorry my brother, but I suspected that the amount of gain you would have make made you unable to think twice, and again you are just a new comer in the Nigeria business world if not you would have known that everybody is capable of doing anything in this country, please trust nobody especially when money is involve.my little advise

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Mafking(m): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
thesicilian:
sorry bro, that is life. <b>There are no bad lessons</b>, only bad experiences. Chances of catching the guy are very slim, since you barely know him.

You can try to hold Agofure Motors responsible, since the driver should not have delivered the package to someone who was not their staff. That's assuming of course, that it was part of your agreement with the Agofure driver.

Next time its better to receive the alert first before shipping off your product, or you can make arrangements with more reputable transport companies/ drivers.

So if I teach an underage that smoking Marijuana gives the best pleasure possible which is even partly true... IS THAT NOT A BAD LESSON?? DOES HE/SHE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF SMOKING MARIJUANA YET....

BOTTOM LINE... IT'S NOT EVERY QUOTE THAT YOU SEE OFF THE GROUND THAT YOU POST EVERYWHERE... question ideas(as am questioning yours) be critical!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by tochivitus(m): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2016
sorry Bro, I have few words for you.. It has happened it has happened... don't dwell on it., it will only weigh you down.. look at the bright side and move on.. th God that allow it to happen didn't make mistake .,, but trust me evil doers shall never go unpunished. He will meet his Waterloo one day.. He can never escaped from this punishment for he is going to give account of it on judgement day.
lastly Bro stop counting your days. Make your days count..
shalom
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2016
This is the details of the first number. See the way they saved the babe's number in their contact list. Na real badoo them be.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hey Nigerians ! Why are we so good in bringing down our brothers. Those guys will never know peace until they give you back your money.
Its difficult to bear such pain at this critical era of change, my dear brother but just take heart my God will surprise you soon,very soon such money will be your tithe.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by tabithababy(f): 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dubem13:
Am in ph I can help you get this guy, acording to truecaller it seems he lives in Ada george in ph
. Please how can one get the address of a contact with true caller cos the true caller app I have on my phone only gives me name and not location
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by mkoabiola: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hw can u send another shoe without receiving the 1st alert for d 1st shoe.

It happens in bzness,u only learn d hard way
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ogmask: 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:

thanks, i used their courier service, but there is no way i can hold them responsible since the guy impersonated a staff, and i gave him the waybill number thinking i was speaking to a genuine staff

His name is adokiye omuaru. Just checked with true caller. You can paste his picture and name on Facebook too. You can even visit Facebook with this info and see if you can get names of his friends and their pictures. The guy messed up.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by mkoabiola: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am very sure d guy is a member on nairaland.
He might b reading d comment ,
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by mkoabiola: 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
Am very sure d guy is a member on nairaland.
He might b reading d comment and have a change of hrt to return ur money,
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ogmask: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
deeswagger:

they are willing to help, but there is a limit to what they can do... i am sure the guy wont go back there for any reason and he will be wary of unknown numbers

Just checked the other number and it says "Anita home breaker".

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by nairacountry(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
It's getting serious! Going by his pictures even with his child on facebook I want to believe there is a mix up somewhere.
He can't be so dumb

ogmask:

His name is adokiye omuaru. Just checked with true caller. You can paste his picture and name on Facebook too. You can even visit Facebook with this info and see if you can get names of his friends and their pictures. The guy messed up.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Heffalump(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
OP sorry for your situation. However, I blame you for all your woo. Have you heard this "trust no one", and I could add, 'including your household '.
Please note you are in Nigeria and Nigerians are "fantastically" corrupt!
Your case should've been handled more professionally if only you were sensitive enough. With his contacts, this serial thief can be apprehended. Hard luck!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Baboo13(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lol some of una dey form smart guy here

No one is above duping
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by gtswt(f): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2016
EBK2:

Sorry to hear your story.
I am happy to help. Send me you bank account number and I will send N58k to you. All the best in your endeavours.
But there is a condition, if I send the money to you. It will show my name. Please don't disclose my name in this forum or any forum.
Thanks

Hey, u mean u will do dat for a victim. Dats do kind and thoughtful of you. God bless
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by uliyaah(f): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Guys!!!!
There's even anoda way dey dupe, FALSE BANK ALERT!
U will receive an alert for payment from your bank, u will send items to them and later u will not see the money in your account again, like an empty deposit.

How to avoid being duped via this means:

If it has to be by transfer, give the person an empty account with no money in it, when u get the alert, withdraw the money comot, if Na false alert, there will be no money to withdraw, then u go reason what's up,

Person don too suffer pass make all these dey happen to person, truly d little gain might seem tempting not to want to loose a customer, I had a customer this evening insisting I bring the items and once he sees them be pays, told him nahhhh, if he is serious,make he send him Money e go get his goods, otherwise, nice knowing u!
A friend actually directed me to this page to come see a similar incident say make I no try Wetin d guy dey talk at all
Sorry about your predicament,be rest assured that one won't escape it, n I tot agofure drivers wear uniforms, just wondering how d impersonation happened.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ogmask: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2016
nairacountry:
It's getting serious! Going by his pictures even with his child on facebook I want to believe there is a mix up somewhere.
He can't be so dumb

Yea let's hope so. But they can be dumb sometimes. He looks like a fraud going by the fact that he has only one friend on Facebook, princess amaka izuka.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by uliyaah(f): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
nairacountry:
He can't be so dumb

He could be impersonating someone...most likely
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by absoluteSuccess: 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
sorry for the terrible experience. Its all because you acted desperate to sell. I usually send healthcare products through agofure to Ph.

My condition is, send me the money and I will send you the product and a gift. If you really needs it you will send the money for sure and you will get the products from me.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

not those bois grin I'm talking of the ones that will tell you where you are standing (correction 20meters) wink
Lol,u really know them well....they colected a friends phone,she called them and they were telling her where she stood....chai

BTW..why is ur workshop around my area undecided
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by rallymento(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
OP you will recover all. There is no peace for the wicked!

Just cry to God about it and see if he will not beg you to have your money!
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by ogmask: 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
chymevicks:
Guy see the criminal's details here as presented by truecaller. He is a real scammed. He scams girls too. Broadcast his pics on facebook attaching his image and ur story. Declare him wanted. He will come begging

Almost everything about him is suspicious. Imagine he said he was born in 1962. How possible? He has only one facebook friend, princess amaka izuka. The guy should contact op to apologize or get himself to blame.
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by bennaz(m): 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
Op, drop ur whatsapp numb, let's talk on how to do it.. I think I can help, and really want to.
I stay in ph.
#ForJustice
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by phemolala07(m): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pix of d shoe or I dnt.......... shocked
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by swissobed: 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
In this hard time you send goods to unknown identity even if it's known no payment no goods
Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by deeswagger: 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
thank you all for the support and the calls you have put through to him, at 9pm today he called me, and said he hasnt picked up the shoes... which i dont believe cause i spoke to them at agofure today and they said the shoe is no longer with them.

he said i should please tell you all to stop calling that his wife is not happy with it, and he said if he was fraudulent, he would break his sim and buy a new one... he also said , he sent his cab driver to help him pick up the teller wherever he dropped it, but the cab driver couldn't bring it owing to the fact it is already late... left to me, his story does not add up, but he said he will send pictures of the teller to me tomorrow which i will share with you all tomorrow as soon as he does.

but all i want to say is thank you for the support and the time you took in helping me out, i really appreciate your effort...

1 Like

Re: How A Guy In Port-Harcourt Duped Me Today by otokx(m): 10:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
The girls get tiwad because of picture of guy in Lufthansa plane - too bad.

A lesson to be learned, never be moved by sight or what you hear. Separate emotions from business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Man Reacts To Picture Of Bill Gates And Elite Nigerians Seated Round A Table / Naira Rebounds As Banks Offload Excess Dollars / Sterling Bank Staff Open Accounts Using Customers Names Linked With BVN For Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.