Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up (20119 Views)

Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / Lack Of Funds Won’t Stop Ogoni Clean-up - Amina Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by mandax: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2016
Is Buhari going to wake Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8 from grave to start the environment clean up? Wiwa and his colleagues were campaigning for better environment.

Buhari who was Abacha's right hand man must have given tacit approval before Ken Wiwa and others were hanged during the Abacha regime.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Norstrademus(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2016
I stand with ivyy
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Begin(m): 8:42am On Jun 02, 2016
Losers NDA our presido dey road dey com una area, if I hear say dat insect way dem dey called fly, fly pass him head com talk more of say knockout blow na duncan mighty go release him own version of dem mama remix
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by mandax: 8:48am On Jun 02, 2016
bejeiodus:
This could be his greatest achievement in office after the fight against Boko Haram....
The people of Ogoni can now look forward to a safer environment after years of environmental degradation.
Ken must be a happy man wherever he is.

Perhaps yes, because guilty conscience now can't allow Buhari sleep well after Buhari must have tacitly approved the hanging of Ken Saro Wiwa and others because they campaigned for better environment.

Wiwa's spirit still fights on for better environment, torments Buhari, that's why Buhari has this initiative.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Pyno30: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2016
dragonking2:
Is it not true? Once I saw the part of the write up were about 85% of the news was used to complain about the Massob and ipob killing it was obvious that it was fake.. .
abeg don't ask me. I don't even know what is true again in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Etern: 8:52am On Jun 02, 2016
mandax:
Is Buhari going to wake Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8 from grave to start the environment clean up? Wiwa and his colleagues were campaigning for better environment.

Buhari who was Abacha's right hand man must have given tacit approval before Ken Wiwa and others were hanged during the Abacha regime.
Are you suggesting that Ogoni land should not be cleaned? This report was submitted since 2011, the clean-up should have started long ago.
Must you guys oppose everything?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Omonigeriarere: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2016
[s]
ugolance:
Let em not come and start d blame game again. Buhari shld start working the campaign time is over!
[/s]
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by ionsman: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Just imagine Nigerians wishing their president negativities they cant inherit for themselves.

For your information before he even visited there Secret service have gone there to checkmate security situations and it is ok before he visits and also all the water ways will be closed throughout his stay there.

If you need death. It will be on you or your household.

Any Amen to this Nairalanders?

Any sensible person can decipher what i wrote up there...

Your moniker doesn't align with what you have up there.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by zik4ever: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2016
Can anyone confirm or refute rumours that he will now be represented by the Vice President?
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Etern: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2016
zik4ever:
Can anyone confirm or refute rumours that he will now be represented by the Vice President?
Since you are the chief rumour monger tell us.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by bashydemy(m): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2016
OgatheTop:
Bastarrd illiterate president.
when will you stop this nonsense, your father that is literate where is he today? Has ever become ordinary councilour? Shame on you, shame on the day they give birth to such a hatred child like you.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by zik4ever: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Etern:

Since you are the chief rumour monger tell us.
My dear brother, if I knew I wouldn't ask. Thank you all the same.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by harry509: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2016
HungerBAD:
President Muhammadu Buhari will today visit Rivers State to inaugurate the clean-up of the Ogoni land ravaged by oil spill and production degradation.

The clean-up will be inaugurated at Numuu-Tekuru Waterfront in Bodo-Ogoni, Gokana local government in line with the recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) report on Ogoniland’s environmental assessment. It was presented to former President Goodluck Jonathan on August 12, 2011.

Ahead of the visit, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) were yesterday trading accusations over alleged plot to disrupt the president’s visit.

But Governor Nyesom Wike sued for peace, urging the people to give a rousing welcome to “our amiable president.”

In a broadcast, the governor said: “As part of measures to enhance security during Mr. President’s visit, I hereby place a ban on the operations of motorcycles and tricycles in Gokana and Khana LGAs between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Thursday, 2nd June 2016. The security agencies have been directed to enforce this ban and ensure full compliance.

“I call on Rivers people, particularly the people of Ogoni land, to come out in great numbers and give our amiable President a rousing welcome during his visit.”

The governor added: “It is historic because it marks his first official visit to the state since assuming office as the President of this great nation. It is most significant because Mr. President is not on a political mission, but to kick-start the largest environmental clean-up in our nation’s history, for which Rivers people, and indeed the Niger Delta, will remain grateful.

“I call on Rivers people to be peaceful, law-abiding and demonstrate the traditional Rivers hospitality towards Mr. President and his distinguished entourage throughout the visit. As I have noted earlier, Mr. President is here as the father of the nation, who cares about the environmental and developmental challenges that we face as one of his primary constituencies.

“Accordingly, his presence in Rivers State is not an occasion for political campaigns by anybody or political party. Rather, it is an occasion and an opportunity for us to demonstrate unity of purpose and our readiness to work together with Mr. President to move Rivers State.

Ogoni leaders were yesterday holding meetings at Korokoro-Tai-Ogoni in Tai local government area, to ensure the success of the visit and for the youths not to allow themselves to be used to disrupt the strategic visit.

Paramount rulers from the four Ogoni local government areas, – Khana, Gokana, Tai and Eleme – as well as the President of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP), Legborsi Pyagbara; youth leaders, women groups, religious leaders and top politicians, among others, attended the meetings.

Rivers APC, through its Publicity Secretary, Chris Finebone, alleged that hoodlums working for the PDP would protest in Ogoni during the president’s visit.

But Special Assistant on Electronic Media to the governor, Mr. Simeon Nwakaudu, accused the APC leaders in the state of wanting to cause confusion.

Rivers police Spokesman Muhammad Ahmad, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), yesterday said: “The Police are fully prepared about the President’s visit in line with our operational order and in conjunction with the military.

“Mr. President is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. So, you must expect the security to be very tight, to avoid any incident. With the deployment of adequate personnel and necessary equipment already done, water-tight security will be provided.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-rivers-ogoni-clean/
hmmmmmM! I av notin 2 say 4 now ooh.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by surveycash(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2016
ionsman:
I am awaiting this headline today "Breaking news: Pmb killed in ogoniland". grin

The president is coming to do something historic,instead, you are threatening him not to come for something which benefits our people.Isn't this ironic?

So,what exactly are they fighting for?

...and to think that's one of their demands, cleaning up of the Niger Delta. Smh sad
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by sparrowkid: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2016
Some people wish that it doesn't happen simply because they have been sold the wrong narratives all this while. The kind of picture they were given of APC or Buhari is quite different from this. They have been told that APC is a Muslim party that will never meant well for Christians; it is a party of northerners that can never wish good for the southerners. It is a party of their enemy and so must be resisted at all cost.

On the other hand, Buhari has been portrayed as a brute, a dictator, an ethnic jingoist, or a religious bigot. So the idea of Buhari or his party doing something good for them is totally confusing. The idea of a Buhari doing what their 'brother' cannot even do for them for half a decade in office in just one year is inexplicable. The idea of a northerner fighting and protecting the interests of people of other region and religions is too much a bile for them to swallow.

Therefore, they know that very soon their people will begin to question them. They will begin to suspect them and eventually deal with them. They are seriously afraid and apprehensive. Because they have been feeding on the ignorance and stupidity of their people all this while. The idea of a liberated people questioning their leadership is something they don't prepare for. So, they must continue shut out their brains from reasoning. They must been configured to hate, and even if there is any good from the 'supposedly enemies', it must be seen as an attempt to persuade them.

One begins to wonder the kind of psychological and physiological make up of these sets of people that have this kind of mindset. But one has just got to pity them because they are really frustrated, angry and hungry. May God heal their souls. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by ganisucks(f): 9:18am On Jun 02, 2016
There are reports coming in, that President Buhari has cancelled his trip †̥♥ Ogoniland.
DETAILS TO EMERGE SHORTLY.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Obumorji(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers should please kill PMB.

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by FKseun(m): 9:24am On Jun 02, 2016
OgatheTop:
Bastarrd illiterate president.

IT IS VERY OBVIOUS THAT NO MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY HAS ATTAINED HALF WHAT HE HAS ATTAINED, EVEN AS AN OLD MAN!!! A uncultured/untrained/mannerless boy you are!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by FKseun(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Obumorji:

I believe that was why you FATHER was killed during the last communal crisis in your village. You think your identity is hidden?
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Bimpe29: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Sai BABA, it will be a huge success for all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Gkemz: 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Amidst life threat by Avengers. Lets see if Avengers are serious with their threat. If nothing happen to Buhari, I'll never take Avengers serious.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Mrjo(m): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2016
GudluckIBB:
And if they don't kill Buhari when he visits Ogoni today as threatened,it means the Avengers are Bastards like Doyin Okupe.

Nonsense!
nda is nt after anybody's life unlike ur brothers bh and herdsmen. So, channel ur energ to another thing.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by LasoulMacuby(m): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Me just dey wait for 4.pm news make I hear say they ND avengers even throw stone for we presido convoy. But come to think of it all those saying it a false alarm, if the ND Avenger are as brutal ad they claim they should be able to attack his convoy na. Even Wike no go allow that can thing happen he will find his way out if the country immediately. ..
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by BABANGBALI: 9:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Make I see the baga wey go touch Aisha's husband.
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by demzey(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2016
Bihari don cancel trip o
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by BABANGBALI: 9:33am On Jun 02, 2016
LasoulMacuby:
Me just dey wait for 4.pm news make I hear say they ND avengers even throw stone for we presido convoy. But come to think of it all those saying it a false alarm, if the ND Avenger are as brutal ad they claim they should be able to attack his convoy na. Even Wike no go allow that can thing happen he will find his way out if the country immediately. ..
Dem no born dey well. Dem no fit comot a single hair from him preek or armpits
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by Dapsynzeal(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2016
The Vice President will be representing Mr President
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by BABANGBALI: 9:36am On Jun 02, 2016
Obumorji:
mods no dey ban dis kind person. Lalasticlala if I be head of the DSS I go pick you and seun for this kind comment

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by ASL33: 9:41am On Jun 02, 2016
Trip cancelled amid fear of the NDA threat.

Hit or Miss?
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by kvngveektour(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2016
I dey wait to see who wan kill presido
Re: Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up by billyG(m): 9:42am On Jun 02, 2016
mandax:

Perhaps yes, because guilty conscience now can't allow Buhari sleep well after Buhari must have tacitly approved the hanging of Ken Saro Wiwa and others because they campaigned for better environment.

Wiwa's spirit still fights on for better environment, torments Buhari, that's why Buhari has this initiative.
omo see hater,na buhri kill saro wiwa?na buhari start civil war?buhari don kill yur relation b4.did u snatch yur father wife?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lateef Raji Buried (Late Fashola's Aide) / Peter Obi & Datti Visit The Palace Of Chief Of Kagoro In Southern Kaduna (Pics) / Towards True Federalism: Middle Belt Ideology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.