Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him (30457 Views)

Lady Sexually Assaulted By Uber Driver After She Fell Asleep Inside Car (Pics) / Man Narrates How SARS Officers Assaulted Him For Having 40k In His Pocket / Yabatech Student Assaulted In Oshodi Bus By 8 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by AdoraAmadi: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2016
Story was shared on Twitter by Olamide. Very disturbing story. The attention of Yomi Shogunle, Officer in Charge - Nigeria Police Force Complaint Response Unit, was drawn to it and Yomi and his team shared their response after their investigation. Please read:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/06/omg-disturbing-story-of-how-ikorodu.html

2 Shares

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by AdoraAmadi: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2016
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by kossyablaze(m): 6:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Eyah
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by AdoraAmadi: 6:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Police's response

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by klassykute(m): 6:56am On Jun 02, 2016
were d guy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by idupaul: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2016
Like joke like joke they have come up with reason to back up their raids ..Cult indeed ..all I see is a bad officer taking advantage of a situation to cause raise money for a new house he is building

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by delishpot: 7:02am On Jun 02, 2016
Police must use lie cover their tracks. They will give a stupid reason for packing innocent people for cash. If they we're doing it for the sake of killings or cult war, why then do they receive bribe before bail? I thought bail was free? So they are still guilty. Plus innocent people do not have to surffer because police want to do their duty. Why beat up the young man when he asked for the reason for his arrest? Why make them sleep in jail overnight if you have no reason to subject them to such?
Abeg Naija police should do things better.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by Cutehector(m): 7:06am On Jun 02, 2016
Judgement day is coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by nrexzy: 7:10am On Jun 02, 2016
Dont 4get Police is your friend!! They were. Just playin wit u 2 know if u know.. grin cool angryñ

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by Nina4u(f): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Can't u get a lawyer and sue the police? I would u can bet my name on it

1 Like

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by StPete: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
This is totally horrific. And see how the Police 'died' the matter. A whooping lump sum hav been generated from these innocent ones. What a shame.

Lalasticlala, kindly bring this to the fore

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by menix(m): 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nigerian Police
The most useless people in the whole wide world...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by NwaNimo1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
Next time you say "Do you know who my father is" - It works 90% of the time! grin

9 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by nathan888(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2016
Only in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by whirlwind7(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hmm. As disgusting as this is, it isn't unusual for policemen across the country to commit such brazen acts.

In my undergraduate days, police routinely round up people from the streets and accuse them with ludicrous crimes such as these:

A man walking along the road is picked up. At the station, when he insists on knowing why he got arrested, the policeman told him that he was "walking and plotting evil in his mind" angry
A young lady who complained that she was still asleep in her room when they barged in and picked her up, was charged with "dreaming of wickedness"

As ridiculous as this sounds, the policemen all kept a straight face and ensured that everyone picked was locked up until a relative came to bail them out with various sums of money.

No statement was taken from any of them.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by fiyinpet: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
some of them have written how their ends would look like. A retired police officer first born (son) died through cultist clash in my area recently. #aftermath

9 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by rawtouch: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
Police station don turn to bank DPO na bank manager....
Police station don turn to bank IG na managing director....

whistling past thread

5 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by dablazor: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
So this is still a country? Pathetic. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by Aremu01(m): 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2016
Apparently the bad eggs still full the Nigeria Police
This is really really sad
Buhari do something ooo
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by VocalWalls: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
The police need psych evaluation
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by johnstar(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hmm
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by Kemoniyi: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Naija police and assault na 5&6

1 Like

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by MadCow1: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
I thought it was even Olamide a.k.a Badooo na ehn them beat.. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3789230_y_png2873b9cee13239179968b6c2a9006f34

The Police Officer that wrote this should be identified and sacked with immediate effect. angry

Under no condition is it justified to do a mass arrest of innocent Nigerians and still charge them a fee to gain their freedom without an apology.

The Stupid response did nothing to address the fact that innocent Nigerians were arrested arbitrarily, held in detention illegally, beaten and assaulted by the police (Like in the case of Olamide), made to pay monies to gain their freedom and all this done without explaining to them why they were arrested in the first place. angry

The Olamide should find a good lawyer and take the case to court. Sometimes I wish I was the one involved in this type of matter, I will just resign, employ a string of top Lawyers and take the entire Police Force and Attorney Generals Office to Court and then leave the country and fight the case from abroad. angry

They only do shiit like that in poor and lower income class neighborhoods where the inhabitants are either ignorant of their rights or too poor to pursue a case against the government. angry

Its reasons like this that makes me take swipes at Nigerian Universities and their Graduates. angry Why a sound Law graduate who is fresh out of Law School wouldn't take on one of these cases Pro Bono and use it to make their mark in the Nation. angry

The Nigerian Police is the most corrupt entity in the Country. The Government knows this and yet does nothing about it as whenever they have anything that involves the Police, they just use their office and connects to get their way and the Police returns to oppressing the defenseless Nigerians.

Fhuck the Nigerian Police..

Somebody should tag them in this post..

Even a Blind Man can see how unprofessional and corrupt the Nigerian Police actually is. angry

75 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by gabylzy(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
Dead force

1 Like

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by abat4real37(f): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
Police is your friend. Lolz
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by tahir01(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2016
ok
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ok.
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by temptnow: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Buhari is wicked , look at how his boys are messing up Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by ultimate73(m): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
awon oloriburuku somebody........ sorry bro

4 Likes

Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by bibiking7(m): 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2016
Which kind thing be this for God sake. Ahn ahn.
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by otunbashonny(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ikorodu is where i see police check point inside the street to rob passersby.
Re: Olamide Narrates How Ikorodu Police Assaulted Him by hazyfm: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano: 720 New Cutlasses Recovered From Thugs Ahead Of Governorship Election / Soldier Dismissed, Sentenced To 5 Years Imprisonment For Raping 13-Year-Old Girl / EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Yahoo Boys In Ogbomoso (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.