Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,389 members, 7,815,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" (49255 Views)

President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Niger Republic / Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari scheduled one-day trip to Ogoniland, Rivers state Senegal for the flag off of Niger Delta clean up has been canceled.

A Presidential source told SaharaReporters that President Buhari will be represented by the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo

The cancelation is not unconnected to security threats to the President from a newly formed militant group, Niger Delta Avengers who had threatened to kill the President should he step foot in the Niger Delta region.

The president had blamed an ear infection for canceling the visit to Lagos where he was scheduled to commission some projects finished by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode two weeks ago.

It is unclear if the President plans to attend the ECOWAS meeting scheduled to discuss issues of regional security and economic development in Dakar tomorrow.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/02/president-buhari-cancels-trip-ogoniland-over-assassination-threats

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2016
grin i laff in arabic cheesy

245 Likes 14 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Nsonso: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2016
grin hahaha..the old man still enjoys the warm massage from Aisha. Buhari wants to learn the hard way.

196 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by ikbnice(m): 9:21am On Jun 02, 2016
who wan die!. Though we hope he is the messiah for Nigeria problems but he is pointing out here that he is not Jesus.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by ganisucks(f): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2016
It's like I'm a soothsayer. I said that Jonathan would breeze into Nigeria, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ no hand would be laid on him, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ it came †̥♥ pass. I also said that the President would not make this trip A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ now once more, I A̶̲̥̅♏ right. Sorry APC, no joy today.

330 Likes 13 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by laststand: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
Buhari so life they sweet u. Stop murdering our armless young men or u will die.

172 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by hucienda: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
Whatttt!!!!!!

Chaiii... wailers will masturbate on this thread and on this news for a loooooong time.

Buhari don fall im fans hand.

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by LiLK: 9:24am On Jun 02, 2016
ND architects of their own misfortune...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2016
hucienda:
Whatttt!!!!!!

Chaiii... wailers will masturbate on this thread and on this news for a loooooong time.

Buhari don fall im fans hand.
i wail for the good of the land

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2016
LiLK:
sharrap

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by NDPVF(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Quite unfortunate he sent that short engine AKA mere commissioner,knowing quite well we don't kill "dead men". Killing "Osibande" will amount to waste of bomb!. He is a waste.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by tomakint: 9:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Where are my brethren who said a "New Sherifat" is in town cheesy cheesy *** in Eminem's voice, please stand up*** cheesy

265 Likes 22 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Maxi112: 9:26am On Jun 02, 2016
grin grin grin cheesy this man is just clueless to everything, I saw this coming, the only head of state that was overthrown without a gun shut.. what do u expect from the Dullard of daura

190 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by wordsmith042(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2016
o yes, i said it at the last thread.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Ebbunwa(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
hahaha

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
tomakint:
Where are my brethren who said a "New Sherifat" is in town cheesy cheesy *** in Eminem's voice, please stand up*** cheesy
omenka has gone into hiding cheesy

164 Likes 10 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:30am On Jun 02, 2016
I said yesterday, that the so called phone call to Biafra radio was actually by the APC government. It was done to save face from the scandal that would have erupted from the scam cleanup which is simply a publicity stunt by the APC campaign. Why would NDA call into a programme to pass across information. What happened to their Twitter handle. And also NDA have stated categorically that they will never commit murder. APC is a Scam and a big shame

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by yungpowers(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2016
hahahaha
The new sherif in town no won die.
At last, his ordinary commissioner will be representing him .
Up NDA!
The fear of NDA is the beginning of long life.
hit like if you think fear has really gripped him.

267 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Generalmac(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2016
Another joke please..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Lilimax(f): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2016
This is getting serious even with the heavy military presence.embarassed

Well, who wan die? smiley

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by NDPVF(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2016
[s]
LiLK:
[/s]Do you av' yoruba blood in you?

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by NavierStokes(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2016
In his fanatical supporters own words "The president does not repeat visits, he already visited Ogoni land in 1984".

This clean-up remains one of the biggest sham these people will ever shore up, it's a pity that Jonathan didn't know how to do fakes not being a politician himself, he was a perfectionist who would want all the details to be taken care of before he acts. This was a project he could have just gone to kickstart with even 1 million naira and if work stops you explain to every one how it is a long term project and you are doing some work in the background until The end of your tenure. The APC understands it and will leverage on that to ride on people's gullibility.

The question I will ask, the clean-up is projected to cost about 1 billion USD, the JV partners will provide say 450million USD and the FG or NNPC has to provide 550 million USD, what plans has the government put in place for funding this sum, rather than deposit 10million usd as a take off sum? When is the next tranche of payments coming in? what's the government's strategy to get the work ongoing when it starts? What is the budget of ministry of environment? What provision is in the budget for this exercise ? It's not enough for the minister to say lack of funding will not stop the exercise knowing fully well there is no plan in place to ensure a continuous clean-up exercise thereby making it a rolling wave project.

Anyways those who will keep falling for propaganda can continue, in this Nigeria I smh for the largely ignorant population that can swallow any news hooks lines and sinkers without doing a critical analysis of the said news

132 Likes 21 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by ruggedboy01: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Zombies were busy threatening fire and brimstone, that nothing will happen to their coward bubu and even dare the avengers to make an attempt to his life and see how ogoni will be leveled like desert  grin cheesy

Fear fear dullard grin cheesy

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
I said yesterday, that the so called phone call to Biafra radio was actually by the APC government. It was done to save face from the scandal that would have erupted from the scam cleanup which is simply a publicity stunt by the APC campaign. Why would NDA call into a programme to pass across information. What happened to their Twitter handle. And also NDA have stated categorically that they will never commit murder. APC is a Scam and a big shame
wisdom has spoken wink

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by NDPVF(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

omenka has gone into hiding cheesy
Damn! Where is he hiding?. I must find him.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Subway1011: 9:37am On Jun 02, 2016
tomakint:

You still dey do like pikin, na wa for you sir.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2016
NDPVF:
Damn! Where is he hiding?. I must find him.
his new sherifat is f ing up grin

10 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Texcoco(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2016
This is a massive morale victory for NDA,IPOB,Massob and other hardworking groups of the Struggle.....Thumbs up guys.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 9:38am On Jun 02, 2016
Kanyekels:
Lord please let the perpetrators of these dastardly act on IPOB members not know peace. Grant these falling heroes of the land of the rising sun your eternal peace and let this struggle never die. Amen
are you alright?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See Prove That 60 Niger Republic Govt Officials Atended APC Rally In Kano- Photo / Buhari Vs Jonathan: Opinion Polls By Pulse TV (Videos) / Photo Of Obasanjo Accepting The Surrender Of Biafra In 1970

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.