Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" (49265 Views)

President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Niger Republic / Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2016
Funny pmb

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2016
If I were his deputy, I would outrightly reject this idea.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by wordychap: 10:01am On Jun 02, 2016
So this man is a coward after all!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Osama10(m): 10:01am On Jun 02, 2016
Who say this life no sweet. grin
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by NDPVF(m): 10:02am On Jun 02, 2016
NavierStokes:
In his fanatical supporters own words "The president does not repeat visits, he already visited Ogoni land in 1984".

This clean-up remains one of the biggest sham these people will ever shore up, it's a pity that Jonathan didn't know how to do fakes not being a politician himself, he was a perfectionist who would want all the details to be taken care of before he acts. This was a project he could have just gone to kickstart with even 1 million naira and if work stops you explain to every one how it is a long term project and you are doing some work in the background until The end of your tenure. The APC understands it and will leverage on that to ride on people's gullibility.

The question I will ask, the clean-up is projected to cost about 1 billion USD, the JV partners will provide say 450million USD and the FG or NNPC has to provide 550 million USD, what plans has the government put in place for funding this sum, rather than deposit 10million usd as a take off sum? When is the next tranche of payments coming in? what's the government's strategy to get the work ongoing when it starts? What is the budget of ministry of environment? What provision is in the budget for this exercise ? It's not enough for the minister to say lack of funding will not stop the exercise knowing fully well there is no plan in place to ensure a continuous clean-up exercise thereby making it a rolling wave project.

Anyways those who will keep falling for propaganda can continue, in this Nigeria I smh for the largely ignorant population that can swallow any news hooks lines and sinkers without doing a critical analysis of the said news
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by JaySalvador27: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2016
hucienda:
Whatttt!!!!!!

Chaiii... wailers will masturbate on this thread and on this news for a loooooong time.

Buhari don fall im fans hand.

Spot on!!...just a moment ago some zombies said GEJ chickened out and PMB would not...#my tummy hurts!!..hahahaha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by jegz25(m): 10:03am On Jun 02, 2016
ganisucks:
It's like I'm a soothsayer. I said that Jonathan would breeze into Nigeria, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ no hand would be laid on him, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ it came †̥♥ pass. I also said that the President would not make this trip A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ now once more, I A̶̲̥̅♏ right. Sorry APC, no joy today.
are u happy now?...oya clap 4 urself
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2016
[size=15pt]What if the threat was a way to see how the president would react or the call was not even made by them ? Shame on Nigeria Airforce/military. [/size] lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Angoni(m): 10:03am On Jun 02, 2016
Knew the slowpoke would chick out!

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Sobeautiful: 10:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Never knew the old man could be this smart. Thought some people were swearing here he will go and nothing will happen. BTW Is it the VP that should go and die? Nawaaoo!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by coolmc(m): 10:04am On Jun 02, 2016
Some people tot NDA is a joke.... Buhari know dat Nigeria military can't protect him...

Never Say never.... Niger Delta land is no go area.... Note that Mr zombie

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by menix(m): 10:04am On Jun 02, 2016
hahahahahahaha...

So the dullard dey fear death grin grin grin grin
He finally sent the sacrificial lamb to represent him...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Nicolars(m): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Buhari fall my hand no b small
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by mira4u: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Lies!!!!! His ministers and others are already here... It cannot be cancelled. Stop the unnecessary lies pls.

Mind you, I have no interest in any of these politicians but the cleanup of the Niger Delta is my interest. It MUST be implemented.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Orevastar5(m): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
I think say MR PRESIDO nor dey fear death??
I LAUGH IN CHINESE

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
That is a poor excuse not to visit ogoniland, no one would harm the president even if they make attempt.
Buhari should just accept that he doesn't do local visits.
Am in a Mohammed has visited the same site over and over,why hasn't she been killed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by loomer: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Na osibanjo fit die abi?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by overlord77: 10:05am On Jun 02, 2016
Kanyekels:
Lord please let the perpetrators of these dastardly act on IPOB members not know peace. Grant these falling heroes of the land of the rising sun your eternal peace and let this struggle never die. Amen

Why are you people like this, instigating violence unduly. This picture depicts arm robbers shot and killed in port harcourt while attempting to rob a bullion van, they are not IPOB

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by amdx21: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2016
HAHAHAHA...the most important thing is that the clean up exercise is implemented.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by tete7000(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2016
A paranoid and spineless president behaving like he has liver. Why don't we just make Osinbajo the president? Lagos, Tinubu's and his friend's house he no fit go, now Rivers too he run. Tomorrow they will tell me he is a man of steel. Abeg this man exhibits all signs of paranoia.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by SirREX94: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2016
Bae from ur Moniker, u must be flying First Class!
iflywithbuhari:
I said yesterday, that the so called phone call to Biafra radio was actually by the APC government. It was done to save face from the scandal that would have erupted from the scam cleanup which is simply a publicity stunt by the APC campaign. Why would NDA call into a programme to pass across information. What happened to their Twitter handle. And also NDA have stated categorically that they will never commit murder. APC is a Scam and a big shame
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by overlord77: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2016
menix:
hahahahahahaha...

So the dullard dey fear death grin grin grin grin
He finally sent the sacrificial lamb to represent him...

I thought he was a fearless general? Mscheeeew. Karma is a birch. The northern youths threatened Jonathan during his campaign and some also called him a coward for not visiting bornu cos of BH. Bloody hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by tritt(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2016
NavierStokes:
In his fanatical supporters own words "The president does not repeat visits, he already visited Ogoni land in 1984".

This clean-up remains one of the biggest sham these people will ever shore up, it's a pity that Jonathan didn't know how to do fakes not being a politician himself, he was a perfectionist who would want all the details to be taken care of before he acts. This was a project he could have just gone to kickstart with even 1 million naira and if work stops you explain to every one how it is a long term project and you are doing some work in the background until The end of your tenure. The APC understands it and will leverage on that to ride on people's gullibility.

The question I will ask, the clean-up is projected to cost about 1 billion USD, the JV partners will provide say 450million USD and the FG or NNPC has to provide 550 million USD, what plans has the government put in place for funding this sum, rather than deposit 10million usd as a take off sum? When is the next tranche of payments coming in? what's the government's strategy to get the work ongoing when it starts? What is the budget of ministry of environment? What provision is in the budget for this exercise ? It's not enough for the minister to say lack of funding will not stop the exercise knowing fully well there is no plan in place to ensure a continuous clean-up exercise thereby making it a rolling wave project.

Anyways those who will keep falling for propaganda can continue, in this Nigeria I smh for the largely ignorant population that can swallow any news hooks lines and sinkers without doing a critical analysis of the said news

You said it all. Kudos to you.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by dragonking2: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2016
Well too bad but they must clean up the land in ogoni and the whole Niger delta
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by lordizak(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Buhari is coming, he knows no fear.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by crypta007(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2016
Oga stop preaching hate here, the picture u used are pictures of arm robbers killed in portharcourt yesterday ... so arm robbers r ur heroes .. continue uote author=Kanyekels post=46196828]Lord please let the perpetrators of these dastardly act on IPOB members not know peace. Grant these falling heroes of the land of the rising sun your eternal peace and let this struggle never die. Amen[/quote]
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by OohLalah(f): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

keep deceiving thyself bro cool

No but honestly speaking, would you have preferred he played a Russia roulette? One gun sound would have put a lot of innocent citizens life in danger because the military would have been looking for unknown mark and situation like that everyone is a suspect. Although I think the militants were just blowing hot wind but "its always better to be safe than sorry", the whole country depended on the decision, hell the whole world system that is feeling the pinch and are on edge about refugees problems depended on that same decision.

You guys think war only affects you but we leave in global community at this age. Nothing especially war, famine etc doesn't affect the whole world.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by Luckylife(m): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2016
Inconclusive trips every time he want to visit a state .
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by flokii: 10:10am On Jun 02, 2016
Some nights ago, I saw sorrow, tears & blood ravaging d lands.. Even military guys weren't spared talk more civilians..

We should all pray aginst war.. It's not a fun thing, parents wnt see their kids, families break, hunger, deaths etc.

God help us all.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" by HomeOfMe(f): 10:11am On Jun 02, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/02/president-buhari-cancels-trip-ogoniland-over-assassination-threats

Ma gbe'yen Wa o. Don't you trust your security details enough to visit the place;this is an embarrassment!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike And David Mark Commission Remodelled Brick House (Photos) / Dapo Abiodun Visits His Parents For Blessing (photos) / Dino Melaye's Trial: Senators, Protesters Besiege Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.