Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC (31528 Views)

"Why We Arrested Sule Lamido" - Nigeria Police (Read Petition) / Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP / Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by ColdGist: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has given reasons for the arrest of the former presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati on Monday.

The commission said in a post on its official Facebook page that it invited Abati to its headquarters in Abuja to explain his role in an alleged mismanagement of the nation’s funds during former President Goodluck Jonathan administration.

The EFCC said Abati “honoured an invitation by the EFCC at the agency’s headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. He is presently telling operatives of the commission his role in the alleged mismanagement of the nation’s resources through his office. We shall keep you posted.

On Monday, an EFCC operative told Daily Sun the specific reason Abati was invited because “it has to do with the ONSA money.”

The EFCC also arrested and detained former minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed over N1.2 trillion fraud.

Mohammed will tell the EFFCC what he knows about a controversial N1 trillion land swap programme, alleged contracts scam totalling N1billion and collection of N1 billion bribe.

Similarly, the commission has quizzed former special adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, in connection with the controversial $2.1 billion arms deal scam in the office of the former Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), Col.
Sambo Dasuki.

It is still unclear how much the anti-graft agency has accused him of collecting from the alleged arms deal cash.

Last week, former minister of state for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro was detained by the anti-graft agency on allegations of money laundering.

Sun

http://coldgist..com.ng/2016/10/why-we-arrested-reuben-abati-efcc.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by tonaydo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
I swear I didn't read the post

too long

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by simpleseyi: 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Those who want to protest on behalf of the Aso Rock demons crusader should start preparations now. There is freedom of protest and free of stupidity, however, the Nigerian Police Force is also constitutionally empowered to take care of miscreants and nonentities who did not take a kobo from the looted billions but will be ready to stay in the sun from morning till night in the name of protest just because of 1,000 naira.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Izonpikin: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
We know why he was arrested....He is of the opposition..... grin grin

What else could be the reason? ?....

Blablabla

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by NaijaMutant(f): 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Since you can now explain,

Please also explain to us why you didn't arrest Kyari, Buratai, Dambazzau, Alhazzan, amaechi ET Al who have already been indicted

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by cosby02(m): 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Who ask them

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Tallesty1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Crap
Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
The evil spirit in aso villa hypnotize them to be senseless in their stealing of our commonwealth

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by NaijaMutant(f): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
The evil spirit in aso villa hypnotize them to be senseless in their stealing of our commonwealth

The same evil spirit now controls Kyari, Dambazzau, Buratai and Alhassan

I know Amaechi is a child of god grin

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
May he rot in jail...black cat

4 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2016
NaijaMutant:
Since you can now explain,

Please also explain to us why you didn't arrest Kyari, Buratai, Dambazzau, Alhazzan, amaechi ET Al who have already been indicted
who indicted them, ok the panels of enquiries sat in ur village to indict them. All this ipod sef

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by PaulIdu: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
Something tells me Linda Ikeji would soon be invited by this sadist govt

6 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by engrMikemd(m): 7:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
when you are in APC you are a new creature

15 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by NaijaMutant(f): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
who indicted them, ok the panels of enquiries sat in ur village to indict them. All this ipod sef

Sahara reporters

8 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
NaijaMutant:

The same evil spirit now controls Kyari, Dambazzau, Buratai and Alhassan

I know Amaechi is a child of god grin
and their alleged crimes was committed in the year of inffectual buffoonism, My dear, no evil spirit again in aso villa, and the same time no more corruption.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by caesaraba(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hmm, waiting for the suicide squad to arrive and cry blood for the accused persons.
Oops! Some are already here.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by IntrovertedHuman(m): 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Who asked them now?
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Jesusloveyou: 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
NaijaMutant:

Sahara reporters
so Sahara reporter's sat in ur village to indict them, ipod flat heads are too funny,

6 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by HtwoOw: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Must they explain to wailers who will always have excuse to insult EFCC and Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by padi94(m): 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Didnt read the post. I jst want to be here[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by ednut1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Enough of these lames media trials abeg. Na end of next year dem go start Alison Madueke own to distract us as usual. Rabbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by ExInferis(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
tonaydo:
I swear I didn't read the post

too long

As is the norm, Abati was picked up on the ONSA issue just as obanikoro was.

Bala Mohammed meanwhile was held on a suspicious 1trillion land deal and 1b bribe.

Thank me later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by BlackSeptember: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Since its an invite then lets wait and see
Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by dammytosh: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
Keep him

if not anything, after all the noise made by Obanikoro, Fayose and Metuh.

I have made up my mind to believe EFCC.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by caesaraba(m): 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
ednut1:
Media trial

Sacrilege! So boss, what are you gonna do now to teach them a lesson?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by BlackSeptember: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
shut up and win a million naira

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by olajohnson5(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
Are they telling us Amechi and co did not embezzle government money when they were in office.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by Bethelwealthy(m): 7:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
shey na 4 years?? Una wahala go soon finish. hope the same reason you are "inviting" everybody wouldnt turn to witch hunt when you guys are boothed out of power and invited to come and answer how you handled "recovered" or re-squandered loot??
we are Warshing undecided

7 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by nduchucks: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pastor Reno Omokri, you better stay for America and continue to dey save souls. Dis one wey dem don arrest Abati, I suspect say na you be next on de list. cool

8 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC by DesChyko: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
undecidedWhen 'arrested and detained' became a synonym of 'honoured an invitation' is what I cannot defend

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’ll Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In India-pro-biafra Activists / "Nnamdi Kanu Disrespected Nnamdi Azikiwe" - Zikist Movement / Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.