Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete (14937 Views)

Buhari Will Be In Rivers Today For Ogoni Clean-Up / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up / Lack Of Funds Won’t Stop Ogoni Clean-up - Amina Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by ihatebuhari(f): 8:04am On Jun 04, 2016
Lol
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Alumona1(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2016
Only 2B Naira Buhari dey joke with Niger Delta Nigeria Government Cheating 5% region since ages
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:05am On Jun 04, 2016
This is why blowing pipelines make no sense. The time used to clean the mess is enormous and it will never get back to what it used to be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Firefire(m): 8:05am On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
The prayer is that subsequent governments follow up....

Can you think beyond politics?

Yes, the process has begun and that is promise fulfilled. In the next few years, some places will be clean again.. This is the start of it. The APC government has started it..

Honestly, our politicians needs to be mindful of how they choose words, 'clean up promise fulfilled' is different from we have started the process of 30 years journey.

5 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by yetty619(f): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
smiley nice one
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by klens(m): 8:06am On Jun 04, 2016
long way to go
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:07am On Jun 04, 2016
Alumona1:
Only 2B Naira
Buhari dey joke with Niger Delta
Nigeria Government Cheating 5% region
since ages

It is funded by the Joint venture that caused the damage and 1 billion dollars has been set aside for the clean up. Get informed.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:08am On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:

Honestly, our politicians needs to be mindful of how they choose words, 'clean up promise fulfilled' is different from we have started the process of 30 years journey.

The neglect faced by the Niger Delta over the decades makes it feel that way. No one took their matter seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by vickylincon(m): 8:08am On Jun 04, 2016
valdes00:
Today in history
Today is exactly 8 years,
7months, 6days, 11 hours 25 minutes and 52 seconds that a gala seller ran away with my
change in traffic.......
nawa for u o
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by smartmoses(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2016
I know this is their plan to stop millitants 4rm blowing pipe lines.Imaging this!!!##30 yrs to complete Ogini cleanup.#APC have fooled us enough nd can neva fool us Again
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by smartmoses(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
smartmoses:
I know this is their plan to stop millitants 4rm blowing pipe lines.Imaging this!!!##30 yrs to complete Ogini cleanup.#APC have fooled us enough nd can neva fool us Again
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Firefire(m): 8:11am On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

The neglect faced by the Niger Delta over the decades makes it feel that way. No one took their matter seriously.

How I wish the president act seriously against ND as against his threat of war and drum of missiles. It's not too late.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:12am On Jun 04, 2016
smartmoses:

That is what is in the UNEP report.

Militants are free to keep blowing pipelines but it is their children that will suffer the pollution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Chukzyfcb(m): 8:13am On Jun 04, 2016
Did you just say the ogoni kingdom has a population of over 1million? I seriously doubt that figure!

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by elitebmb: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2016
Ogoniland is greatly devastated by oil spillage, 30yrs may not even be enough!
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by onadana: 8:16am On Jun 04, 2016
onosprince:
In other words, Jesus will come and meet the clean up and maybe even assist with a helping hand before we ascend.
[color=#006600][quote

People like you will get heheade up north for being insensitive to people's religious believes.Let God show you mercy.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2016
elitebmb:
Ogoniland is greatly devastated by oil spillage, 30yrs may not even be enough!

Exactly, the report was made in 2006. Since then other pollution activities have occurred. In the next few years, some places will be clean.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by onadana: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2016
onosprince:
In other words, Jesus will come and meet the clean up and maybe even assist with a helping hand before we ascend.
[color=#006600][quote

People like you will get beheaded up north for being insensitive to people's religious believes.Let God show you mercy.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:19am On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:

How I wish the president act seriously against ND as against his threat of war and drum of missiles. It's not too late.

I feel like these militants need money again to behave themselves. How long are we going to be giving them money? Can't we instead use the money to massively invest in the Niger Delta. Many of these guys are billionaires already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by olanshile2016(m): 8:20am On Jun 04, 2016
naso it spoil reach
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by barrysome001: 8:20am On Jun 04, 2016
valdes00:
Today in history
7months, 6days, 11 hours 25 minutes and 52 seconds that a gala seller ran away with my
change in traffic.......
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Firefire(m): 8:26am On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

I feel like these militants need money again to behave themselves. How long are we going to be giving them money? Can't we instead use the money to massively invest in the Niger Delta. Many of these guys are billionaires already.

Apart from giving militants money, the President's speech, reactions, words, appointments and act need not been seeing as neglecting a particular region which he has authority over. That 97 & 5% statement is unfortunate. Making a threat of war without any single statement on Fulani herdsmen is also painful.

The world has move away from fighting war, they are now using dialogue and discussions (Soft Weapon). (Iran vs. G7;US vs. Russia)

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by tbaba1234: 8:33am On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:

Apart from giving militants money, the President's speech, reactions, words, appointments and act need not been seeing as neglecting a particular region which he has authority over. That 97 & 5% statement is unfortunate. Making a threat of war without any single statement on Fulani herdsmen is also painful.

The world has move away from fighting war, they are now using dialogue and discussions (Soft Weapon). (Iran vs. G7;US vs. Russia)

I agree that the 5% statement was a gaffe and an unfortunate one. If i was the president, i will fire the whole information team especially Adesina and Lai Muhammad. They are supposed to manage those kinds of things and help the PR. That is an important part of governance. Making people feel part of the government. The information team is reactionary not proactive.

2 Likes

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by HomeOfMe(f): 8:36am On Jun 04, 2016
eleojo23:
Lets hope that subsequent administrations will not come up later to say "We do not know what Ogoni clean-up is" and abandon the project.
Exactly my thought! If it would take 30 years to clean up ogoni of 1.5million people,how long will it take to clean up the other Niger delta states affected by the spill?*mathematics*
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Kaira333: 8:37am On Jun 04, 2016
30 what? APC thiefs
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

I agree that the 5% statement was a gaffe and an unfortunate one. If i was the president, i will fire the whole information team especially Adesina and Lai Muhammad. They are supposed to manage those kinds of things and help the PR. That is an important part of governance. Making people feel part of the government. The information team is reactionary not proactive.

Thank you.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Subway1011: 8:43am On Jun 04, 2016
tbaba1234:
The prayer is that subsequent governments follow up....

Can you think beyond politics?

Yes, the process has begun and that is promise fulfilled. In the next few years, some places will be clean again.. This is the start of it. The APC government has started it..

Dont mind the shameless guy, everything is politics to him. I hate hypocrites and shameless paid agent, the guy is a disgrace to his PDP party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Firefire(m): 8:47am On Jun 04, 2016
Subway1011:

Dont mind the shameless guy, everything is politics to him. I hate hypocrites and shameless paid agent, the guy is a disgrace to his PDP party.

Who tell you shey I be PDP, to hell with APC & PDP.
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by valdes00(m): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2016
vickylincon:
nawa for u o
Wot I do... abi na crime to remember past event ni
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Subway1011: 8:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Firefire:

Who tell you shey I be PDP, to hell with APC & PDP.

Of course we know you lie for a living, you think we have no brain like you. You are online 247 to defend politicians and you have no shame. I hate hypocrites like you, face your PDP party with your fellow APC paid tout and stop claiming Yoruba cos its bringing shame to us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by Taku555(m): 9:14am On Jun 04, 2016
valdes00:
Today in history
change in traffic.......
how much was he supposed to give u?
Re: Ogoni Clean-Up Will Take 30 Years To Complete by senatorizyking(m): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2016
If Buhari will pay the money upfront then it's a welcome development but if he won't pay it then APC has nothing to celebrate but shut up their mouth. 30 years ain't a joke !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Win Governorship Election By Hook Or Crook – Kano APC Chairman, Abbas / Does Crowd At Rallies Really Matter? / No Politician Can Save Nigeria, Only A Revolution Can - Deji Adeyanju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.