Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,556 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? (14663 Views)

Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / 5 Ways To Avoid Getting Overcharged By Mechanics / 4 Tricks Mechanics Use In Extorting Money From Car Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by cardoctor(m): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Most car owners who fall victim to fraudulent charges and fictitious repairs are those that are penny wise nd pound foolish with their car's maintenance. Most road side mechanics lack good tools, education and experience to handle repairs on most modern cars. They must put food on the table and will assure you that they can handle the job (usually at a lower estimate than a more professional workshop) and end up damaging your vehicle.
Deal with more literate auto technicians who are well versed in the field and save yourself the heartache. This option may be slightly more expensive but you will get a better job done by someone who you can relate with intellectually and technically. This will ensure a better peace of mind afterwards.
Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by tammie24: 7:30am On Jun 06, 2016
dljbd1:

Thanks man. I had to really take a closer look but can hardly see it. But I'll definitely keep this in mind when I go do a physical inspection of any car I'll be purchasing. Thanks cool
Your welcome

I'm a woman by the way grin
Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by dljbd1(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2016
tammie24:
Your welcome

I'm a woman by the way grin
Eh? shocked
So u do this everyday ...I mean, u r a car dealer or what
Impressive... cheesy
I'll edit the "man" on my post. Lolz
Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by tammie24: 9:53am On Jun 06, 2016
dljbd1:

Eh? shocked
So u do this everyday ...I mean, u r a car dealer or what
Impressive... cheesy
I'll edit the "man" on my post. Lolz
no not a dealer

Looking to buy one too

I just try to know more about what I want to buy

You should too

Cos there are lots of dishonest people that sell cars here

Most times its another thing you'll go and see there

Different from the pictures they even posted

It has happened to me twice

Na naija we dey my brother sad

1 Like

Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by PMBfirstson(m): 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lagos....
Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by rinzaugustine: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2019
greggng:

I can assure you that you will testify after ur visit. A man who speaks good English messed up my car and I spent 60k for that repair. I was lamenting until someone directed me to him. He scanned my car picked the whole codes and took it to another computer that brought out the diagram of my car and he wrote out all that I needed to buy. He gave me the price and I told him am a salary earner that I will prefer I go to ladipo to pick all that from my brothers shop and I will pay month end. He agreed and I bought all those stuff very cheap and he fixed and bye bye to car repair. Infact he charges 2k only for scanning. At the end of the day I paid him 7k out of joy for a work well done. His name is ADE. 08033852074 his shop is at ayobo mechanic village via onuora bustop. Tell him u re from greg from gowon estate. If u come to gowon estate I can personally take u there.
Re: Why Are Almost All The Mechanics In Lagos Heartless Or Wicked Abi Both Sef? by 3kay945(m): 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2019
ednut1:
few are honest. just ydae one bloody rewire told me i have to change my fuse box bla bla bla 25k. e think say i be fool. something dat costs 11-12k. all the lies nd scams dem dey do still never epp der life

Which car fuse box was that? I bought one sometimes in 2017 for rav4 at 3500 or 4k with all fuses and relay embedded.
Is it that expensive now? Nawa o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 / Get Your Direct Tokunbo Engines And Gearbox For Your Toyota And Lexus Vehicles / Driving On An Empty Tank? You May Need This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.