Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) (85803 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants / Largest Edible Oil Refinery In Sub-saharan Africa Launched In Ibadan. / Gigantic Equipment Being Brought In For Dangote's Refinery In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by academics1: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Wiseoldman:

Ignoramus, Hydrocarbons is still the energy of choice even for the next couple of years. The same cooking gas you mentioned is an hydrocarbon gotten from processing facilities like the one he is building too. Read more!!!

I see
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by YOLO1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Maybe we should kuku sell Nigeria to him... I thinkthe economy of this nation will be better if we do.... wah do u think?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by MrMcJay(m): 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
HomeOfMe:
I've driven past that road a couple of times;it's facing th Atlantic ocean at eleko beach and close to the free trade zone. My question is,what if a terrible ocean surge occurs,what happens or are they going to sandfill eleko beach as well.
Baba na DIE ooo, this has been my fear over that area. Lekki, victoria island aree places sitting on time bomb. The ocean is rising everyyear due to climate change.
Often times in the past with just a little rain, we'v seen how flooded houses & streets are @ lekki. How much more in the next 35-40yrs?. Economics & science neverrr work hand in hand, otherwise people wouldn't be building on swamp. The danger of lekki environs getting submerged someday is imminent, that's why eko-atlantic was built & protected with a BIG wall round the atlantic city to prevent any future danger from ocean surge
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Cutehector(m): 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
cheesy
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Obas101(m): 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
winkmart:
maybe a short term refinery, because Lagos will be under water in 150 years time

Na you wan sink am? grin
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by 19naia(m): 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2016
Imagine that, a single refinery capable of meeting all of Nigeria's domestic consumption needs.. The real surprise is why it hasn't been done before by the government with it's state owned and controlled petroleum empire. All these decades past with nothing like this before? shocked

Its a good thing, but still there will be the future of environmental damage per use of petroleum to face. It is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by PMWSpirit(m): 11:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
Aniwhyte:

You Yorubas are very funny, so you think the refinary Dangote is building its going to run with Lagos oil... Smh, Refinary dangote has already started building a very long time before oil was discovered in Lagos.
If they should discover oil in all the local gov't in Lagos state and Ondo state combined, it will not even near a finger tip of the least producing oil state in the s/s(south south). Its like 5/5,000 in comparision.
You that sabi wella, if you let the comparison be 2/2000000. No whala keep in mind oloibiri dried up sha, and when you have this oil and it's no properly utilised and harnessed for a. Greater good is like not having at all, keep fighting pipelines, dem no go blow state house dem the form avengers , avengers ko justice league ni

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by willibounce1(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2016
Dadehmola:

Bros, The peeps undergoing training in india are Nigerians

My brother don't deceive yourself. Go to dangote cement and sugar and see the people working there. Have we not read severally here about how Nigerians working at dangote are poorly treated and paid peanuts? Abi you never join Nairaland when dangote employed graduates, even masters holders as truck drivers?

Don't worry, God will keep us alive to see the refinery and we still read on NL about his employees. Na indians e go pack full there. Maybe there is something Nigerians aren't doing right. With all the professors and science graduates we have, it just seems as if we don't know jack when the jobs are always given out to expatriates.
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by masseratti: 12:22am On Jun 05, 2016
Aniwhyte:

You Yorubas are very funny, so you think the refinary Dangote is building its going to run with Lagos oil... Smh, Refinary dangote has already started building a very long time before oil was discovered in Lagos.
If they should discover oil in all the local gov't in Lagos state and Ondo state combined, it will not even near a finger tip of the least producing oil state in the s/s(south south). Its like 5/5,000 in comparision.
how are you so sure of that, Equitorial Geniue with a population of 1. 3Million produce 360, 000 barrels per day, thats one eight of Nigerian production, oip was discovered in 1996, plus dangote will most likely buy his crude oil at international price, meaning if people like let them bomb the pipeline sending crude to the refinery, he can always buy from abroad at the same price, the largest refinery in world is in india, no oil field around it.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Litmus: 12:41am On Jun 05, 2016
Never trust Indians.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by kolatcole: 12:42am On Jun 05, 2016
thumbs up 2 dis man,more job creation
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by rhymaster: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2016
Abrahamtaylour:

Mumu how much wan enter your pocket as a yoruba man.. go and ask niger delta people if they've seen kobo

You're right, a =N= MAY not enter his pocket as a Yoruba individual person. However, if he applies to work and is qualified and scales the interview, he will work there. If he works in a professional area as an engineer, physicist, etc, he may earn more than N150,000 per month which is already significant amount of money, not earned legitimately by the so called NDAs. For sure, he has seen more gain than most of the haters (of which you are likely one). Employment will more likely be tilted towards educated, enlightened people who know what they are doing and this project is in their backyard. I don't have to be more explicit, if you can think, you will figure it out.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 05, 2016
YOLO1:
Maybe we should kuku sell Nigeria to him... I thinkthe economy of this nation will be better if we do.... wah do u think?
shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by rusher14: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2016
codemaniacs:

You'll eat your words years from now when they start to pollute the atlantic.

Is it only in Nigeria oil exploration takes place?

Are refineries not available elsewhere in the world?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:05am On Jun 05, 2016
Cyph98:
Nice job indeed, I've scoured the internet for pictures of patriotic Nigerians

Sadly the fact still remains; voters in Africa are monumental failures just imagine voters that refuse to vote for good leaders. I mean don't these sick people understand the meaning of civic duty.... well let me sit and watch how we turn the tables as the century unfolds
*modified* Dangote I dey come for you......no try farm wheat rice and sugar oh.......na that one I one build
Hahahahahahaha you think send you.?
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:06am On Jun 05, 2016
Pprovost:
We all know some regions have made their land to be unsafe to investors (we are still appealing to them though)

But Mr Dangote,

Why do you still have to put this massive project in already congested Lagos and not neighboring States like Ogun, Oyo or even Ondo
proximity to market (foreign and domestic)
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:07am On Jun 05, 2016
mentro:
Beautiful, Niger delta avengers cannot near this one, because its not in there region. And if they try nonsense, them go hear am...
Lagos can be reached by sea and our Navy is not ready. abi you've forgotten the Atlas jetty attack so soon.no where is safe in Nigeria. na God
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:09am On Jun 05, 2016
Afrok:
Good step... the problem now is what happens to the four sickle-celled refineries embarassed
same thing that happened to railways and Nigerian airports. continue paying salary to useless civil servants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:11am On Jun 05, 2016
Aniwhyte:

dangote will buy direct from the militants and bunkers abi crude de get registration number ?
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:14am On Jun 05, 2016
Abrahamtaylour:

Mumu how much wan enter your pocket as a yoruba man.. go and ask niger delta people if they've seen kobo
he can get job bfor Niger delta. he can sell things to ppl working there and get his share. he may buy and sell land. you think only sharing compensation and looting is the only way to get money from Nigeria govt abi

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Sainttops(m): 1:15am On Jun 05, 2016
georjay:
hmmmm i smell tribal war
A surgery will do better for your nose.

Na soso bad tin dem go dey smell
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:16am On Jun 05, 2016
codemaniacs:

You'll eat your words years from now when they start to pollute the atlantic.
and you think Lagos is stupid like Niger delta to allow pollution without remediation

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by emorse(m): 1:16am On Jun 05, 2016
AnaCheks:
He has commenced d training of those that will work there. About 100 or thereabout are in india right now training. That's the first phase

Actually 800.
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:17am On Jun 05, 2016
academics1:
This investment is going to be a waste
Things r changing. Energy is going solar and gas , even nuclear.

He should have followed the trend

The other day I saw a cooking gas powered generator and it was wow.
Soon keke will be powered by cooking gas

Unless he is building a petrochemical company

Don't call me a prophet of doom. Just saying fact
will solar run trailers or trains tanks or aircraft. solar cannot support industry.
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:20am On Jun 05, 2016
caracas:

We keep telling u guies dat Lagos was developed by Foreigners n fg ,i hope this wud put a stop to the unneccesary arguments once n for all.

N for ur info Lagos is a no man's land
U shud be proud of other yoruba lands like ondo oyo n co . grin
and who de develop the other ppl land. hospitality is how we develop our land while you leave yours to wallow in abject poverty and misery.or you think structures is development ,no, it's people

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:22am On Jun 05, 2016
willibounce1:

Of course what do you expect. He'll go to India and pack all of them to come work at the refinery. Employ few Nigerians and pay them shii..t salary but pay his indians as expatriates. Then they will claim they have created jobs for youths.
go to banks, Telecom, civil service police etc do Nigerian youth take their jobs serious. if it's you will you hire lazy Nigerians that will send their parent to come and beg or hardworking Indians that know they will be sacked if the don not deliver
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by mikolo80: 1:26am On Jun 05, 2016
willibounce1:

My brother don't deceive yourself. Go to dangote cement and sugar and see the people working there. Have we not read severally here about how Nigerians working at dangote are poorly treated and paid peanuts? Abi you never join Nairaland when dangote employed graduates, even masters holders as truck drivers?

Don't worry, God will keep us alive to see the refinery and we still read on NL about his employees. Na indians e go pack full there. Maybe there is something Nigerians aren't doing right. With all the professors and science graduates we have, it just seems as if we don't know jack when the jobs are always given out to expatriates.
our ppl are lazy and will be begging when looking for job and when sacked .

1 Like

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by Jabioro: 1:44am On Jun 05, 2016
winkmart:
maybe a short term refinery, because Lagos will be under water in 150 years time
I am 100% sure both you I would not be alive to witness it.therefore while not leave that for next three generations to tackle...abi this how the last three generations met the world?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by sonety2k(m): 2:00am On Jun 05, 2016
cool
Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by back2sender: 2:27am On Jun 05, 2016
Aniwhyte:

Children of hate, see one of them.
He dey pain dem oooo, Please keep bombing the pipelines in delta and bayelsa ooooo, i love the bombing!!!!. Make we dey enjoy our oyel for Lagos, itesiwaju ipinle Eko.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Building Oil Refinery In Lagos (Video) by sokera: 3:40am On Jun 05, 2016
tafrica:
I'm surprised at many comments here. It shows Nigerians naturally are not informed. Many are commenting like this refinery started in recent time or during the era of Buhari. Dangote Refinery project has started as far back as 2013, if memory serves me right. It was to be formally sited in Ondo state, I don't know why it was later moved to Lagos.
This project or its siting at Lagos has nothing to do with Buhari or present bombing by Avengers. Dangote is a business man doing his own Business.

May God bless me to bless Nigeria (Amen).
stop the crap , you just exhibi something bad , we Nigerians know militancy started long time ago and what do you think would have made Dangote think of Ondo state in the first place ? It's very simple Niger delta is the best place for the project but the region is not peaceful ... As a business man he looks else where ... Ondo state never allowed him so , Lagos is the only accomodating state in Nigeria ... God bless Nigeria and harshes to the enemies of Nigeria ...

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Uses Stick To Operate ATM As Coronavirus Precautionary Measure (Pix, Video) / Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.