Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? (31166 Views)

Man Fulfill The Promise He Made, Should President Buhari Return(pics) / Should Buhari Bring Back Ngozi Okonjo Iweala? / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by kettle84(m): 8:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
rhymaster:
The most corrupt Iwelala and Arouma Ote? Are there no other persons in Nigeria except these people except madam puff-puff Iweala who was forming sick at the meeting to defend her financial looting while gulping down tons of groundnut? She was told to go back and come back later and when she saw that the reps were not buying her lies, she wanted to turn it to a fight as soon as the cameras were rolling. Iweala is corrupt and in any sane country, she should be behind bars now or standing trial for her stealing!
who are you to declear her corrupt ? Are u a court of law or a judge.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by jossyphobia(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
I'm disappointed in whoever taught of and post this, as if you've appointed me. Bring all these cunny back when we're dealing with the antichange members of Buharis cabinet. noooooooooooooo
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 8:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

Rice was 8,500 per bag under them and is selling 15,000 now.

Fuel sold for 87 per liter under them & is selling 145 now.

Nigeria was at 9% inflation & is on 14% inflarion today.

Not to talk of unemployment, education, economy & aviation.

What other facts do you want?
rice was 4 k per bag under Ibb
fuel was 42 naira under abacha.
I saw pictures of my school recently under Jonathan (dear catch me and this is a command secondary school o not a makeshift school o)
my friend they are all bad leaders.
or were you in a coma during the last six months of gej presidency to elections.
we voted baba so pdp can take a knee and reflect on their past looting and force them to spend some of this loot in future elections instead of doing wedding in Dubai and building hotels all over the place while ppl need accommodation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Stycon(m): 8:14pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yeah! They are good set of technocrats, but then, that doesn't make them the best and doesn't means they should be re-invited.

The fact that they did great is a pointer to the fact that there is high possibility for others to do greater and better. Nobody has the monopoly of initiatives nor intellectual prowess!
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by efficiencie(m): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

And where is your proof?

As 'corrupt' as you folks claim they are, global firms, including world bank keep hiring them, that alone clearly questions you folks definition of corrupt person.

The private sector needs expertise and experience which these people have but the moral fortitude to stand up openly against misdemeanor and false judgment to the detriment of their highly treasured pay packages and perks is lacking and it is this lack that makes them irrelevant in the growth and development effort of the current administration.

If these people come in again, they will treasure their salaries and position above service to the people they will dance to the tune of the government to secure their billions instead of being firm and performing their due role as professional advisors...

They are technocrats, yes but they are also budget maximizing bureaucrats that inflate the budget to attain their pay, power, perks and prestige...public choice theory says a lot about them so please let's cut this B.S about these guys being technocrats!
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Stycon(m): 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

Rice was 8,500 per bag under them and is selling 15,000 now.

Fuel sold for 87 per liter under them & is selling 145 now.

Nigeria was at 9% inflation & is on 14% inflarion today.

Not to talk of unemployment, education, economy & aviation.

What other facts do you want?

Whenever I read comments like this comparing previous administration with the present one, the question that comes to my mind is : given this present political, social and economic reality, would they have done better?

All the above indicators are effects of some causes. Please note that the present economic and political reality and fundamentals are far different from what we have then. And if I must say, tougher!
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Pavarottii(m): 8:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
Davvymavvy:

Shut up if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute. Who was the most outstanding minister in Jonathan's regime? Adesina, a Yoruba man. The best achievement of the last administration came from agriculture, a ministry supervised by a Yoruba man.

What did Igbo technocrats do other than plunging Nigeria back into debt, supervised the looting of our treasury and drown the future of Nigeria in an ocean of economic hearrmohage?
Hope u now agree now that GEJ did well in diversifying d economy. And u agree that GEJ is the best ever head of state we av had?

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by greatgod2012(f): 8:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
Max24:

She is really on point. Maybe you are the one who needs the advice.

Why did you dignify him with a response? His type is best ignored.
I don't know why he couldn't state his opinion without being insulting.
I really don't know what his fuss is all about, maybe my level of exposure or because I'm always on the first page or because I'm not on the same page with him politically.
And he's supposed to be a man o.

Thank you jare, max24.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by harsysky(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
Naija need Iweala whether she is corrupt or not haters should go deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by TheSpellChecker: 8:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Adminisher:
First if all, none of these people are Jonathan's people .
They were OBJ's nominees although they got to like Jonathan because he gave free hand to people working for him.
Obj himself got his names from Americans. Adesina was given to Obj by Bill Gates. NOI (Iwealla) is too big to be Jonathan's anything. People should stop deceiving themselves. Jonathan did not have the smartness to choose good people then...possibly even now. Jonathan's people are Oduah, Moro, Obanikoro, Dieziani

Now as to whom of this lot can work with PMB, I think only Adesina and Mobola Johnson. NOI is not straight and Otteh is a thief and not patriotic. One of the best ministers that this funny op firgot was Aganga but he is stubborn. Two stubborn people Buhari and Aganga would have been too clashy.

On the whole, Jonathan had the best ministers ever in the history of Nigeria but the man's himself was the worst president in the history of Nigeria. The former could not compensate for the latter.

Clashy indeed!!!
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by berrystunn(m): 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2016
rhymaster:
The most corrupt Iwelala and Arouma Ote? Are there no other persons in Nigeria except these people except madam puff-puff Iweala who was forming sick at the meeting to defend her financial looting while gulping down tons of groundnut? She was told to go back and come back later and when she saw that the reps were not buying her lies, she wanted to turn it to a fight as soon as the cameras were rolling. Iweala is corrupt and in any sane country, she should be behind bars now or standing trial for her stealing!

If they have that bad record APC label on them they will not get any offer from the international community.

If only you understand there sensitive position you will not run mouth like Usu.

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
oshyno:
None of those guyz were card carrying member of PDP. That is how u know a technocrat. You call him to help you shore up the economy, he comes and delivers and leave, shikina.

Look at all d ministers in PMB govment, they are all politicians.what do u expect from a politician, they will start scheming, ploting thereby abandoning their core duty . Buhari doesn't need these kind of people at dis critical time.A sane government knows where to compasate his political allies not with sensitive positions like a whole ministry.

There are many NOIs, Aruma Otehs, Adesinas abound in d diaspora that are not into or interested in niaja dirty politics. Get these exposed guyz and give them free hand to turn things around for u, not these bunch of nematodes called ministers.Very irritating set of people.that is why u hear them saying "I'm studying d minitry" Nonssense.
so if you are an armed robber or soldier that faced death and emerged victorious you will bring somebody who was hiding abroad to come and take the glory abi. if technocrats really want to help they should come and get their hands dirty and stop waiting for ppl to beg them.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by luvinhubby(m): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
mikolo80:
rice was 4 k per bag under Ibb
fuel was 42 naira under abacha.
I saw pictures of my school recently under Jonathan (dear catch me and this is a command secondary school o not a makeshift school o)
my friend they are all bad leaders.
or were you in a coma during the last six months of gej presidency to elections.
we voted baba so pdp can take a knee and reflect on their past looting and force them to spend some of this loot in future elections instead of doing wedding in Dubai and building hotels all over the place while ppl need accommodation

Was Nigeria Africa's biggest economy, Africa's fastest growing economy, 3rd fastest growing economy globally & 23rd biggest economy in the world under IBB & Abacha?

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Kingspin(m): 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
rhymaster:
Don't believe everything you read on paper.

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by luvinhubby(m): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
Stycon:

Whenever I read comments like this comparing previous administration with the present one, the question that comes to my mind is : given this present political, social and economic reality, would they have done better?

All the above indicators are effects of some causes. Please note that the present economic and political reality and fundamentals are far different from what we have then. And if I must say, tougher!

Please for my enlightenment sake, can you state the difference in the political & economic reality as it faces Nigeria now?
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by kenex4ever(m): 8:50pm On Jun 05, 2016
Davvymavvy:

Shut up if you don't have any meaningful thing to contribute. Who was the most outstanding minister in Jonathan's regime? Adesina, a Yoruba man. The best achievement of the last administration came from agriculture, a ministry supervised by a Yoruba man.

What did Igbo technocrats do other than plunging Nigeria back into debt, supervised the looting of our treasury and drown the future of Nigeria in an ocean of economic hearrmohage?
calm down,
Adesina did a good job in dat sector but the problem is;
Most yoruba frnds I have always say dat GEJ achieved nothing as d president but Adesina was outstanding without acknowledging d fact dat most of his policies may b from his master GEJ, atleast he gives him d support he needed, thereby d praises should rightly go to GEJ because if he failed GEJ would still bear d shame n u guys won't even remember adesina.
secondly, my yoruba frnds demonize n commonize NOI, dey call her all sorts of name but till dis moment, no loot has been traced to concern her, most of her policies are being followed by d present admin.
Also, when adesina won d post of d pres of AfDB, he gave all d praises to NOI. you guys may not know her worth but I thank God ur almighty Adesina knows.

3 Likes

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by 4nobody4every1: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
rhymaster:
Gbam grin grin

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

And where is your proof?

As 'corrupt' as you folks claim they are, global firms, including world bank keep hiring them, that alone clearly questions you folks definition of corrupt person.
as global as these firms are you think they aren't more corrupt than we are, shey because they have white skin. don't be deceived they are being rewarded for selling their ppl into slavery just like our kings of old sold our ancestors for mirrors and salt. now they sell for houses in Dubai and cars. forgetting that when the poor have nothing to eat they will feed on the rich literally
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
FlyboyZee:

GIFMIS, IPPIS, TSA, BVN, Automobile Assembly policy, agricultural e-wallet, cashless policy, bigger passport for frequent travellers, e-passport, etc...
which was implemented successfully. anyone can give ideas.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
FlyboyZee:

GIFMIS, IPPIS, TSA, BVN, Automobile Assembly policy, agricultural e-wallet, cashless policy, bigger passport for frequent travellers, e-passport, etc...
which was implemented successfully. anyone can give ideas. abacha yar adua Ibb awolowo all had good ideas. doesn't count if you can't implement
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by hunter21(m): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
JusticeSeeker:
all but number 5 should be recalled.
@OP Azubike Ihejirika is part of the reason Boko Haram has festered up till now. he's a powerful billionaire from the loot he made while in the army.
Boho haram festered because northern elites pressured Jonathan into sacking ihejerika, the best chief of staff Nigeria has ever had

3 Likes

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by mikolo80: 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

Was Nigeria Africa's biggest economy, Africa's fastest growing economy, 3rd fastest growing economy globally & 23rd biggest economy in the world under IBB & Abacha?
China is 2nd largest economy but has highest number of poor people (800 million)
Singapore doesn't rank but has very high per capita (62,000 dollars)
Nigeria has 2,000 dollars per capita in comparison.
in other words we need to have an economy 30 times what gej is celebrating. that's is to say his pass mark is 3%(1/30) and that is what you are carrying for head,when you're not an illiterate farmer that did not go to school bag una no do statistics and quantitative aptitude for primary school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Stycon(m): 9:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
luvinhubby:

Please for my enlightenment sake, can you state the difference in the political & economic reality as it faces Nigeria now?

As for enlightening you, trust me, it will be my great delight~ but I think it's best you do your own research and then, if you can't find one feel free to contact me.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by brojoshua: 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
We are waiting for the present government to prosecute all who looted and stole Nigerian money and sentence to prison all who are found guilty. Unless Nigeria prosecute all the criminals in Nigeria including all the looters of Nigerians common wealth, otherwise God will not forgive us and our problems will continue and increase more and more. That will mean their is no justice in Nigeria and an unjust society is under the wrath and judgment of God and such a nation will not be blessed but be under the curse of God
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by rusher14: 9:44pm On Jun 05, 2016
sinistermind:

And I guess those countries in which she's been recognised are insane? Please tell us something we've not heard. Y'all said she's corrupt, why haven't there been any document to back up ur corruption allegation. Make una free this woman abeg.

Sepp Blatter has been suggested for Nobel peace prize by Vladimir Putin.

Does this imply Blatter is corruption free?
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
yes o, PMB should bring dem back, okojo iweala, adesina. Those pple re brains. some re sayin okonjo is corrupt if adeosun is been appointed by GEJ, she would still follow d corrupt practice. Okonjo has good ideas dan adeosun. Adesina has good idea than d current minister of agriculture
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by ojomamah: 10:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
Brains that can help develop our great nation god bless Nigeria
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Sam69: 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2016
we need adesina before tomatoes will be one #500
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by abimic(m): 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
With over 16yrs of PDP's rule, i still think we moved five steps forward and like ten backward. Jonathan no doubt meant well but he doesn't have the balls to pull through tough decisions, the toughest decision he ever made was recontesting for presidency under PDP against the wishes of the northern elites. Though buhari's government isn't filled with latest scholars who have got taste for elegance and eloquence unlike GEJ's government. GEJ's ministers are more coordinated and spoke in one voice, though, that did little to put the much expected smiles on the faces of the downtrodden,as the so much publicized achievements of the past regime didn't translate to so much positivity in her people. PMB's government is mostly filled with old people with old ideas, they've got no swag, they command no astute personality and their speeches aren't coordinated. Left to me, I prefer none in GEJ's government to be returned and PMB should scout for more trusted astute hands that are young with latest ideas to turn our fortunes around for the positive.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by luvinhubby(m): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Stycon:

As for enlightening you, trust me, it will be my great delight~ but I think it's best you do your own research and then, if you can't find one feel free to contact me.

Then keep quiet if you do not have verifiable facts.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Dcanio: 10:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
Iwela got brains when it comes to micro and macro economics unlike the so called present minister of finance given to us by Amosun she sits there and speaks English ...Nigerians ain't interested in her English but solutions ....very wack economic team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Reacts To Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen / ANPR Cameras In Lagos: These Are All You Need To Know - Exclusive Images / "Photographs Of My Mock Coffin Traumatised My Mother" - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.