Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? (31163 Views)

Man Fulfill The Promise He Made, Should President Buhari Return(pics) / Should Buhari Bring Back Ngozi Okonjo Iweala? / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Goke7: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2016
All these calls for GEJ goons to come back to power just after one year shows that some fellows can't just let go after all. If the present ones are not delivering, definitely they can give way for other Nigerians out there but to bring back same folks in a country of over a 100 million means we are just interested in making strong men instead of strong institutions. This is why we keep having strong cabals holding us to ransom always.

Secondly I can see those folks are not jobless in the first place, they have since moved on to other accomplishments so why can't we move on here too.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by JuanDeDios: 9:57am On Jun 06, 2016
erico2k2:

In all honesty and what we now know the answer is YES so far.
But me think the reason we never took them serious then was cos we had nothing to compare them to.we had no wide range of information streams 10 years ago and statistics where nearly non existent b4 GEJ came to the limelight. .We had no KPIs to mesure performance.
I hoping some of these guys in power will sit back and think of where they gt it wrong even if it means going back to some of the old policies as far as it changes things for the good
GEJ had very few concrete achievements you can point to. Yes, the economy grew but that was only inevitable given the huge amounts of petrodollars that flowed in. Jonathan had only one good minister in terms of brilliant efforts and some achievements and that was Olusegun Aganga. Unfortunately, Akinwunmi Adesina's noise-making machinery succeeded in deceiving Nigerians with phantom achievements in agriculture. I agree the guys currently running things are bumblers who have no idea how to make akamu let alone run a government.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2016
Goke7:
All these calls for GEJ goons to come back to power just after one year shows that some fellows can't just let go after all. If the present ones are not delivering, definitely they can give way for other Nigerians out there but to bring back same folks in a country of over a 100 million means we are just interested in making strong men instead of strong institutions. This is why we keep having strong cabals holding us to ransom always.

Secondly I can see those folks are not jobless in the first place, they have since moved on to other accomplishments so why can't we move on here too.
I think you have the wrong arguments
The right argument should be are these guys we have there the right ones for the JOB
These positions requires more than text book applications it now requires knowledge derived from expirence. We as a Nation have progressed from 1980s
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2016
JuanDeDios:

GEJ had very few concrete achievements you can point to. Yes, the economy grew but that was only inevitable given the huge amounts of petrodollars that flowed in. Jonathan had only one good minister in terms of brilliant efforts and some achievements and that was Olusegun Aganga. Unfortunately, Akinwunmi Adesina's noise-making machinery succeeded in deceiving Nigerians with phantom achievements in agriculture. I agree the guys currently running things are bumblers who have no idea how to make akamu let alone run a government.
Bro with due respect the past govt had a lot of achievement. It depends on what you call achievement. If you was corrupt with salary deduction and the minister for finance brought a system where the new payment system locks you out if you declare more than you are verified for ofcos the minister is evil lop
Most of the achievements of the past FG manifest in different forms.u need to know what to look for to give them credit.
My Dad and younger bro work for the FG my mum state a head mistress. Dad and bro get paid as when due Mum undecided owed now for 3 months. There was a mechanism in place that caused it.
In all my guy if the present can not prove to be better than the previous then the SAD reality is the past was the best we have 4 now unless someone else out perform them.
Look how the Banks are bullying everybody just cos the woman there have no clue of how to tackle them.

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Goke7: 10:21am On Jun 06, 2016
erico2k2:

I think you have the wrong arguments
The right argument should be are these guys we have there the right ones for the JOB
These positions requires more than text book applications it now requires knowledge derived from expirence. We as a Nation have progressed from 1980s

you did not read my post well, I said if the present ones are failing, they can give way to other Nigerians and not these former ones, are they the only ones with experience?

Are you saying we can never have better ones than the adeshinas and others? This is where I disagree, reason we keep recycling public officials and we keep complaining
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 10:45am On Jun 06, 2016
Goke7:

you did not read my post well, I said if the present ones are failing, they can give way to other Nigerians and not these former ones, are they the only ones with experience?

Are you saying we can never have better ones than the adeshinas and others? This is where I disagree, reason we keep recycling public officials and we keep complaining
I did read it well.I am saying we might not have better persons than the stated obvious. Who can you name?
Definitely we can check the CV of the past guys. We need people who can deliver not trial error.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Bimpe29: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2016
Omo! take it or leave it, they are our best brains in their respective preofession.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Bimpe29: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2016
Omo! take it or leave it, they are one of the best brains in their respective preofessions.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Goke7: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2016
erico2k2:

I did read it well.I am saying we might not have better persons than the stated obvious. Who can you name?
Definitely we can check the CV of the past guys. We need people who can deliver not trial error.

Lies as if Nigeria has not been running before the previous guys, oh we just go our independence when those former ones got on board abi?

This is our problem, the inability to move on from the past.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2016
Goke7:

Lies as if Nigeria has not been running before the previous guys, oh we just go our independence when those former ones got on board abi?

This is our problem, the inability to move on from the past.
Ok I challenge you Name anybody in the past present or future that you think was better than them ova to you. Don't just shout lies put your money where ur mouth is
Name them.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Goke7: 11:51am On Jun 06, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok I challenge you Name anybody in the past present or future that you think was better than them ova to you. Don't just shout lies put your money where ur mouth is
Name them.

since 1999, every successive govt have been having brilliant minds in its cabinet, obj had the likes of soludo, oby ezekeweli, el rufai, segun agagu and others. Yar adua had Dora Akinyuli, Godwin Abbe, Rilwanu Lukman and co.

The problem with some of you guys is that it was in the Jonathan administration that some of you were old enough to assess how brilliant the ministers are, Nigeria have been having very brilliant ministers from time, the likes of olukoye ransome kuti comes to mind and joe garba.

This present cabinet have lots of brilliant guys, just the economic downturn is making them look bad, if the Jonathan ministers were the ones in now, they will not look better. Let's stop playing politics and be more objective.
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
JuanDeDios:

So we saw success under GEJ? Ok.

Before nko...what country are you in? Under Buhari, only 12 months we are going down, everything apasa. Not surprised with the failure we are seeing now as Yorubaa and hausaa are running things...
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by edo3(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2016
JusticeSeeker:
all but number 5 should be recalled.
@OP Azubike Ihejirika is part of the reason Boko Haram has festered up till now. he's a powerful billionaire from the loot he made while in the army.
You are so on point my broda..ihejirika made army a business ventures..
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
Goke7:

since 1999, every successive govt have been having brilliant minds in its cabinet, obj had the likes of soludo, oby ezekeweli, el rufai, segun agagu and others. Yar adua had Dora Akinyuli, Godwin Abbe, Rilwanu Lukman and co.

The problem with some of you guys is that it was in the Jonathan administration that some of you were old enough to assess how brilliant the ministers are, Nigeria have been having very brilliant ministers from time, the likes of olukoye ransome kuti comes to mind and joe garba.

This present cabinet have lots of brilliant guys, just the economic downturn is making them look bad, if the Jonathan ministers were the ones in now, they will not look better. Let's stop playing politics and be more objective.
Your arguments was making sense until your last paragraph. Economic downturn has always existed. It takes a brilliant mind for the people not to feel the full effect.

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by orunto27: 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Okonjo-Iweala, Yes. She is an internationally acclaimed person. She is not GEJ's. Bring her back to Finance. Move Kemi Adeosun to CBN and fire Emefiele.

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Goke7: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
erico2k2:

Your arguments was making sense until your last paragraph. Economic downturn has always existed. It takes a brilliant mind for the people not to feel the full effect.

have we ever had this kind of economic downturn in recent times? Like I said earlier, Let's keep politics out if we want to be truly objective
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by Rowland16: 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
The fantastically corrupt group has no credibility at all of being believed because it is a notorious fact that, these bunch of routless barbarians are only being sponsored by CORRUPT, WICKED AND EVIL POLITICIANS to pick on individuals in settling personal scores. And that is WRONG! It is unacceptable! This is flagrantly SATANIC!!! It defeats and defiles the purpose of its existence, well, except that their combination of name is just is just a cover-up to perpetuate EVIL, which they are of course perpetuating! That monkey group should be scrapped! IWEALA did nothing to warrant the injustice she is being subjected to by those nonentity group gladiators. She didn't mismanage any money! God bless Okonjo. God bless Nigeria.

Whatever group it is, is of no good to the Nigerian soil. This is because they are nothing but INSTRUMENTS OF OPPRESSION and AGENTS of corruption fostering inhumanity on their subject of oppression. Femi Falana the gimmick player, you are a CORRUPT LAWYER, an ERAND BOY TO STINKING POLITICIANS! You should be ashamed of yourself Falana for having a hand in immature things like this. YOU ARE MADDDDD!!! Orie ti gbale!

1 Like

Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by blank(f): 1:34am On Jun 07, 2016
greatgod2012:
op, honestly, I respect these people. They are people with brains, real working brains. In fact, many of the ideas and economic policies employed by the present administration is from them, especially NOI and Akinwunmi Adesina, but unfortunately, because of political sentiments, they wouldn't be recognized and appreciated.

But Buhari was the person that nominated Adeshina to be president of ADB. Is that not showing that he recognizes his talents?
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by erico2k2(m): 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Goke7:

have we ever had this kind of economic downturn in recent times? Like I said earlier, Let's keep politics out if we want to be truly objective
you mean Oil @ $50?
Re: Should President Buhari Bring Back These Goodluck Jonathan's Folk's? by todaynewsreview: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
todaynewsreview:
1] Akinwumi Adesina (Now President of the African Development Bank (AfDB),

2] Okonjo-Iweala (Now Chair Board Global Alliance (GAVI), Senior Advisor to Lazard, the 167-year-old global investment firm,

3] Omobola Johnson (Honorary Chairperson of the Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI), USA).

4] Arunma Oteh (Now Treasurer and Vice President of the World Bank),

5] Gen Azubuike Ihejirika (International defense Intelligence)

6] and Other sagacious Nigerians in GEJ's Team.

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/589/should-president-buhari-bring-back-these-goodluck-jonathan-s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Takes A Ride On New Boats For Water Transport / Sanwo-Olu Launches Lagos Ride Taxi Scheme, Lists Features / Top 10 States With Reported Deaths From Insecurity In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.