Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) (5046 Views)

Help Me Explain This.. Mature Minds Only / Should I Break Up With Her Because Of This Thing She Did? Mature Advice Only / Mature Advice Needed: Can You Marry A Lady That Has Had Abortion For Her Ex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
So there is this man I have known for like two years now or so. He is actually a tad bit older than I say about 10-12 years difference. He has been pestering me for marriage and the problems are first; I don't have any iota of romantic feeling towards him,secondly,I am not ready to settle down anytime soon and last but not the least,the age gap is a turnoff to me as I prefer guys closer to my age. I even had to lie to him that I am in a serious relationship still dude ain't budging. The interesting part is that this same man had an eye on my elder sister way back before she settled down with my present brother-in-law who also happens to be his former classmate in their secondary school days.
I hate drama and complications and I am an independent by nature kind of lady who is actually happy being single cos I see dating as unnecessary stress which I don't need. I have told my bigsis about him and she said I should keep my distance from him for reasons best known to her. I don't think they had sex though one can't be 100% sure. The man in question is comfortable and has been asking me for my account number so he can send me money and all. I really don't want anything to do with him.
Please,I need mature advice on how to make him get off my case completely.
Please,no insult oh na advice I ask thankyou!
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Flexherbal(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
My dear, follow your heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by dryakson(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
iLegend get you cover
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Cutehector(m): 9:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
At least u told him u didn't hav feelings for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by 7Randall: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
Its marriage u r talking about. Don't get into it with someone you don't have feelings for. And if your sister told you to keep your distance, I'll advice you do so. Cos I think she knows him more than you do.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Tallesty1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
I can see from your post that you know exactly what you want and when you want it so why do you still ask for advice?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
Flexherbal:
My dear, follow your heart.
Thankyou dear smiley
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
7Randall:
Its marriage u r talking about. Don't get into it with someone you don't have feelings for. And if your sister told you to keep your distance, I'll advice you do so. Cos I think she knows him more than you do.
Thankyou so much. God bless
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Sit him down and tell him you have no.feeling for him and that he should stop wasting his time because age is no longer on his side above all "you already know him". Trust me the enclosed word will make.him find his way.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by 7Randall: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:
Thankyou so much. God bless
Anytym

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
What advice do you want frm us again. Simply ignore him, is that too hard again
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
I love the part where you said you see dating as an unnecessary stress grin. Well ma my advice is... just ignore the dude and move on. You're on the right track.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2016
chisco82:
Sit him down and tell him you have no.feeling for him and that he should stop wasting his time because age is no longer on his side above all "you already know him". Trust me the enclosed word will make.him find his way.
Funny enough. I believe I have mentioned it to him many times indirectly of course but seems it made him more insistent. He even started attending my church just to make sure he sees me often!( we are both catholics but different parishes).
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by youngberry001(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
I tink am closer to ur age come marry me am new fresh blood forget dat fvcking man dat is disturbin u,ama military gotta take gud care of ya baby!!!
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2016
MasterRahl:
I love the part where you said you see dating as an unnecessary stress grin. Well ma my advice is... just ignore the dude and move on. You're on the right track.
Well.........that's just my opinion,guess you feel same way about dating.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2016
sunnydayasaba:
What advice do you want frm us again. Simply ignore him, is that too hard again
He says he's in love with me. And he has started attending my church,literally stalking me. How do I ignore that?
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Kiish(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2016
as you clearly stated, you have no romantic feelings for him, and you have also told him that youre not intrested. I would suggest that you cease any form of communication, even if it means you having to block his number, facebook etc.
Then again, follow your heart x

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:

Funny enough. I believe I have mentioned it to him many times indirectly of course but seems it made him more insistent. He even started attending my church just to make sure he sees me often!( we are both catholics but different parishes).
He lives his church to starts attending urs?
Flea from him. If you said you have used the word "You already know him" how u use it matters Sis, as in the expresion on ur face i mean in such a way that you knew his past and bad side.
Not that u knew him as a person.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by PureWays(m): 10:10pm On Jun 04, 2016
I think he's sensed that you don't have a man. Maybe he didn't buy the "I'm in a serious relationship" lie.

Tell him that he's too old for you, that you have no romantic feeling for him whatsoever. Warn him to stop calling you. Don't be too easy on him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2016
chisco82:

He lives his church to starts attending urs?
Flea from him. If you said you have used the word "You already know him" how u use it matters Sis, as in the expresion on ur face i mean in such a way that you knew his past and bad side.
Not that u knew him as a person.
I am a very blunt person and I told hip pop and plain about his past relationship with my sister. He told me they were just friends though he wanted to also marry her back then but my present brother-in-law won her heart. undecided I really pity him whenever he says that but alas I can't force myself to love him!
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
PureWays:
I think he's sensed that you don't have a man. Maybe he didn't buy the "I'm in a serious relationship" lie.

Tell him that he's too old for you, that you have no romantic feeling for him whatsoever. Warn him to stop calling you. Don't be too easy on him.
You don't know who this guy is! I am even a bit scared of him. He sees me most times with my male friends and is still persistent!
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
Change am for am. Bar him number for incoming calls on ur phone. No welcome am 4 ur house without prior notice.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by PureWays(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:

You don't know who this guy is! I am even a bit scared of him. He sees me most times with my male friends and is still persistent!
Ooh!

Don't be scared of him. Stop picking his calls. Stop talking to him.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
PureWays:
Ooh!

Don't be scared of him. Stop picking his calls. Stop talking to him.
Ok noted. Thanks grin
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by VaginaTerrorist(m): 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:
So there is this man I have known for like two years now or so. He is actually a tad bit older than I say about 10-12 years difference. He has...
Don't Worry, its already 5pm but You Still dont want to catch your black He goat and tie it inside house before it gets dark.. Dont be a fool cos 35 on its way comming hard and beauty on her way fadingout. A time would come if you marry 10yr older, you'l even look older than him. But it takes the grace of God for you to fully respect a guy in you age brac
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by olac21(m): 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
You said you're independent and as such you do not need a companion right?what advice do you need again after listing three things?woman-stay single and tell him you do not want him to send anything to you(try ignore his calls or avoid smiling with him-he should understand that way!
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Gebbson007(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Just follow ur mind dear or better still seek Ur pastor or elderly folks fr advise. Shoki AH shoki. ...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2016
VaginaTerrorist:

Don't Worry, its already 5pm but You Still dont want to catch your black He goat and tie it inside house before it gets dark.. Dont be a fool cos 35 on its way comming hard and beauty on her way fadingout. A time would come if you marry 10yr older, you'l even look older than him. But it takes the grace of God for you to fully respect a guy in you age brac
Sorry what you blabbering? undecided
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by VaginaTerrorist(m): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:
Sorry what you blabbering? undecided
Pls Insert Brain & understand

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2016
Trina0936:

I am a very blunt person and I told hip pop and plain about his past relationship with my sister. He told me they were just friends though he wanted to also marry her back then but my present brother-in-law won her heart. undecided I really pity him whenever he says that but alas I can't force myself to love him!
Same reason ur sister rejected him should be ur answer.
Lol!
I forgot to ask, did you really pray about this?
The person u hate much, no feelling for might be the one God has ordained for you.
Plz pray much about him, don't just rely on feellings and what ur sister said about him.
Every human being has a past and weakness, most times God connect both together so they can cover their their weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Holywizard: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
ur sis did series of abortions for him. Ask me how?
I'll advice u to stay away from him.
Re: How Do I Deal With This?( Mature Advice) by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Holywizard:
ur sis did series of abortions for him. Ask me how?

I'll advice u to stay away from him.
Hm! How?
Lets hear from a prophet grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kinginvahala Is Back In The Competition For Mr Nairaland (photos) / Nairaland Guys Only Pls (no Ladies Pls) Photo18+ / Paris' First Unclad Restaurant Closes For Lack Of Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.