Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,713 members, 7,862,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:29 PM

I Love Your God With All My - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Love Your God With All My (616 Views)

Frankmishael1 Its April Already (your God Didnt Kill Me) / Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Love Your God With All My by huxley(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2009
How much faith, love, grace, etc, does one need to have? Jesus said the following;

Matthew 17:20

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

What does Jesus mean by this? Does this imply that faith can be graded on a scale from pretty small (like a mustard see) to the humungous (like a star)? Or is faith a discrete thing which you can either have or have not.

Consider the following rough faith-scale, with 1 equal mustard seed size faith and 10 equals mountain size faith.

1 - Mustard Seed size
2- Pea
3- Kola nut
4- Orange
5- Yam
6- Barrow
7- Door
8- House
9- Jumbo Jet
10 - Mountain size

How much faith do you need to be saved?

(1) (Reply)

Hail Mary, Mother Of Jesus, Where Are You Now? / Would You Let Your Daughter Marry A Full Time Pastor? / Three Killed, 60 Injured As Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.