Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Thread For France Prospective Students - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For France Prospective Students (41262 Views)

Thread For Students In China And Prospective Students / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Prospective Corpers Travelling To Sokoto Involved In Accident, Driver Dies(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by electromagnito: 12:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Okay I understand you now. But before the APS expires, can you apply for another masters to remain back?

Also you keep emphasising on cleaning job. E be like say France don show you shege o. So it’s only cleaning job that is available to non french speakers? Mehn France is out of my list please. Cannot even go to Oyibo man land to clean when I get boys wey dey call me Oga for Naija here. In as much as I m ready to humble myself to survive out there, crayfish never reach to bend for me o

But I’m happy for your progress to study in HongKong. I hope and pray that you will be success there. Is it funded PhD or you’re paying for it?
another interesting question, well if your APS expires, and you apply for new masters, you will have to go back to your origin country to apply for a student visa (its like you are starting afresh), and in most cases you will be rejected becuase the embassy knows your intentions is to remain in france and work.
My PhD in hongkong is sponsored, its just 3years and this corona virus pandemic is really threatening my August resumption if not the entire programme, because i doubt if any country want to take a student coming from EU now, especially france where it looks like everyone is affected by corona virus..... the only positive thing here is that we get palliative every tuesday(Different goceries), free house rent now(the CROUS seems not to be happy about this but wetin concern us)...... Keep pushing boss, France is a lovely country, who say you no go make am if you come france....... head different from head my brother.
I mention cleaning job because na the job 80% of people wey i no dey do..... mostly night cleaning Job(I do am for my first year, baba na die ), job likes equipper(Team member or Student preparing orders from customers) for Mcdonald(racist people mostly white student), Buger king(This one dey employ black french wella, Most time all black student), KFC(Mix race), Quick(I never enter chop before) and restaurant serveur(server) are hardly given to foreign student because you need to speak french.......

NB: for those going to Dijon University of Bourgogne, mail your department to give you attestation of hergbement via CROUS, that will save you the stress of guarantor

1 Like

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Skymoore1004: 12:46am On Apr 22, 2020
Thanks very much for your detailed response. Honestly France is out of my list now. I really need a job in my area Of studies for my long term goal of PR. I rather spend more to go to other European countries where english is widely spoken like Denmark Sweden etc. At least I only have to worry about my skills & not language barrier. I will still learn the local language but it won’t be priority like France. I will only just be visiting there for holiday.

You’re lucky to get a sponsored PhD. I’m very sure you will make it there especially as you speak English too,
electromagnito:
another interesting question, well if your APS expires, and you apply for new masters, you will have to go back to your origin country to apply for a student visa (its like you are starting afresh), and in most cases you will be rejected becuase the embassy knows your intentions is to remain in france and work.
My PhD in hongkong is sponsored, its just 3years and this corona virus pandemic is really threatening my August resumption if not the entire programme, because i doubt if any country want to take a student coming from EU now, especially france where it looks like everyone is affected by corona virus..... the only positive thing here is that we get palliative every tuesday(Different goceries), free house rent now(the CROUS seems not to be happy about this but wetin concern us)...... Keep pushing boss, France is a lovely country, who say you no go make am if you come france....... head different from head my brother.
I mention cleaning job because na the job 80% of people wey i no dey do..... mostly night cleaning Job(I do am for my first year, baba na die ), job likes equipper(Team member or Student preparing orders from customers) for Mcdonald(racist people mostly white student), Buger king(This one dey employ black french wella, Most time all black student), KFC(Mix race), Quick(I never enter chop before) and restaurant serveur(server) are hardly given to foreign student because you need to speak french.......

NB: for those going to Dijon University of Bourgogne, mail your department to give you attestation of hergbement via CROUS, that will save you the stress of guarantor
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by mrphysics(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Thanks very much for your detailed response. Honestly France is out of my list now. I really need a job in my area Of studies for my long term goal of PR. I rather spend more to go to other European countries where english is widely spoken like Denmark Sweden etc. At least I only have to worry about my skills & not language barrier. I will still learn the local language but it won’t be priority like France. I will only just be visiting there for holiday.

You’re lucky to get a sponsored PhD. I’m very sure you will make it there especially as you speak English too,

Lol, France is more or less like UK. Come, study and leave. It's even very difficult to work and study. Extremely difficult. You will enjoy your stay here if you are funded. Coming to France hoping to work and study is actually suicidal. Depending on your school anyway. But generally, it's very difficult as doing so will deeply affect your studies. To be forward with the truth, it's hard to effectively and efficiently work and study here in France.

For my school it's impossible. There's a Mexican classmate of mine who was living big in his country that he was able to afford my tuition fee which is 12k euro/year. He paid the tuition fee hoping he will work and study for his living expenses. In my school, it's impossible to work and study. So when the little he had finished, the guy deferred his admission and returned back to Mexico.

This is the reality. Except you have all the money saved or scholarship, coming to France with the hope of working and studying isn't recommended. You can try it for public schools but for grande ecoles, it's impossible. This is true for science related courses.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by mrphysics(m): 9:44am On Apr 22, 2020
electromagnito:

Congrats. I am glad you got a Ph.D offer. This is a great step for you than doing another masters. Wishing you the best bro.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Skymoore1004: 10:13am On Apr 22, 2020
Wow thanks for the insight
Good job
mrphysics:

Lol, France is more or less like UK. Come, study and leave. It's even very difficult to work and study. Extremely difficult. You will enjoy your stay here if you are funded. Coming to France hoping to work and study is actually suicidal. Depending on your school anyway. But generally, it's very difficult as doing so will deeply affect your studies. To be forward with the truth, it's hard to effectively and efficiently work and study here in France.

For my school it's impossible. There's a Mexican classmate of mine who was living big in his country that he was able to afford my tuition fee which is 12k euro/year. He paid the tuition fee hoping he will work and study for his living expenses. In my school, it's impossible to work and study. So when the little he had finished, the guy deferred his admission and returned back to Mexico.

This is the reality. Except you have all the money saved or scholarship, coming to France with the hope of working and studying isn't recommended. You can try it for public schools but for grande ecoles, it's impossible. This is true for science related courses.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by electromagnito: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:

Well the best option for you should be Netherland, because 90% of the population speaks Englsih and they dont discriminate like the french.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by electromagnito: 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
mrphysics:

Church don close, this sum up the whole issue, I was lucky to do my masters in a public university, so i could still work at night and go to school in the morning but if it was grand ecole c'est pas possible(it is not possible), because my friend in grande ecole always complain although he was on PTDF scholarship. well i was just good as well because i did my master in theoretical physics, which is rank the most difficult in france actually but i study like 13hrs on my off day to cover for all i miss, baba my M1 was like 10.83/20 lol i just give thanks because my last rattrapage(make up exam) safe my ass, but in M2, i stopped working because i had save alot during my first year and got paid during my internship, so i ended up with my PhD grade. that mexico for die if he do wetin oi do, work fro 11pm till 6am, go school for 10am till 5pm. we survive

5 Likes

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by electromagnito: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
mrphysics:

Congrats. I am glad you got a Ph.D offer. This is a great step for you than doing another masters. Wishing you the best bro.
thanks boss, io am following your thread, you are amazing, you will do great things in france..... best

1 Like

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by davisoncrusoe25: 12:17am On May 16, 2020
Hello Daniella, i was also sent a notification for admission to Universite Bourgogne Franche Comte yesterday and i've also been accepted in Poland. Please can we connect and work together. my whatsapp is 09033027758. Thank you

Daniella1998:

Awww. Thank you so very much for the detailed information. God bless you. Its all good, i would figure something out. Wishing you all the very best for your PhD! Soar!
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by davide470(m): 5:25pm On May 17, 2020
electromagnito:
Church don close, this sum up the whole issue, I was lucky to do my masters in a public university, so i could still work at night and go to school in the morning but if it was grand ecole c'est pas possible(it is not possible), because my friend in grande ecole always complain although he was on PTDF scholarship. well i was just good as well because i did my master in theoretical physics, which is rank the most difficult in france actually but i study like 13hrs on my off day to cover for all i miss, baba my M1 was like 10.83/20 lol i just give thanks because my last rattrapage(make up exam) safe my ass, but in M2, i stopped working because i had save alot during my first year and got paid during my internship, so i ended up with my PhD grade. that mexico for die if he do wetin oi do, work fro 11pm till 6am, go school for 10am till 5pm. we survive
You did well.. I finished from one of the Grand Écoles and attendance was 85% compulsory. It wasn't funny.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by electromagnito: 7:24pm On May 17, 2020
davide470:
You did well.. I finished from one of the Grand École and attendance was 85% compulsory. It wasn't funny.

What was your M2 grade like?
13.5/20 final grade, what about you?
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by davide470(m): 7:57am On May 18, 2020
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Zabiboy: 8:43am On May 18, 2020
davide470:
That's cool. Mine was 15

Wishing you all the best in HK!

Bro...
Was the medical insurance really compulsory to get visa??
Or you they can allow you pay your bills yourself if you eventually fall sick
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by davide470(m): 10:32am On May 18, 2020
Zabiboy:

Bro...
Was the medical insurance really compulsory to get visa??
Or you they can allow you pay your bills yourself if you eventually fall sick
Health Insurance is compulsory to get your student visa. At least, as at then, don't know if things have changed now.

A travel insurance can suffice till you register in the French healthcare system (Ameli) that is 70% free or so.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Zabiboy: 10:49am On May 18, 2020
davide470:
Health Insurance is compulsory to get your student visa. At least, as at then, don't know if things have changed now.

A travel insurance can suffice till you register in the French healthcare system (Ameli) that is 70% free or so.

Alright bro
Thanks
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by dandy00: 10:05pm On May 23, 2020
Hello seniors,
Please i need advice on what you think of hope of survival as a prospective student in IAE Can, Normandie...

I google about the region, But i just need someone who knows the place to enlighten me better...
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Ebenad: 10:29pm On May 28, 2020
Lets connect please. I am interested. Thanks
Daniella1998:
Hi Everyone? Anyone?
I just got admission to study in university of bourgogne( Msc). I am yet to read up on the visa requirements but want to connect with anyone planning to go to France by September.
I am super worried about the whole COVID-19 situation and i don't know if they would need one to be tested negative before they can grant visas.
Anyways, anyone preparing to go to France, please lets connect and update each other. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demo4show(m): 10:41pm On May 29, 2020
Anyone going to Paris saclay this September
I have been Admitted and waiting for scholarship decision
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Gavrelino123: 1:48am On May 30, 2020
demo4show:
Anyone going to Paris saclay this September
I have been Admitted and waiting for scholarship decision

what course?
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demo4show(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2020
Gavrelino123:

what course?
Energy M1
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Emmyirab(m): 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hello guys, I have read most of the things here and I appreciate all the information.
My sister wants to continue her education in France. She has her OND from a polytechnic in Nigeria. Can she apply for masters?
She also has a three year old baby she wants to take with her. Please what are the possibilities of her getting the visa for both of them?
Thanks.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by jeri(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2020
I got admission in France for a 1year program in advanced studies. If I am going to apply for visa how many years visa will be given to me? 1 or 2years visa?
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demmy79: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2020
jeri:
I got admission in France for a 1year program in advanced studies. If I am going to apply for visa how many years visa will be given to me? 1 or 2years visa?
. A year
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demmy79: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2020
Emmyirab:
Hello guys, I have read most of the things here and I appreciate all the information.
My sister wants to continue her education in France. She has her OND from a polytechnic in Nigeria. Can she apply for masters?
She also has a three year old baby she wants to take with her. Please what are the possibilities of her getting the visa for both of them?
Thanks.
. she is not qualified for Master program even HND is not qualified
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demmy79: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2020
Daniella1998:

Not yet.
I applid for the poland government scholarship and would be applying to university of lodz and krakow uni of tech by may.

Anyone that works.
I really want to go to france though.
Anyways, we'd see which one works out.
. It is good to study in France to me from experience ...you just need to know some fact about french education
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demmy79: 1:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
Gavrelino123:

My dear, I also got my offer too..

My tuition is 243€...

I doubt fully if the French-Embassy will "issue Visa" on such low tuition of 243€..Because
they won't trust one's study intention.
"Except" you have a scholarship.

I also have admission in University of Bordeaux which is €4,000

I rather go to university of Bordeaux for €4,000 than the Bourgogne €243..

Bourgogne is 50/50 because of the tuition.....and playing such kind of game is close to failure.

The fact is i don't really plan going to France...

REASONS;

Settling in France is not Easy.

I don't know how to speak French.

Before you can get a job in France, you must know how to speak French.

Not that one can't get a job without knowing how to speak French,but it's gonna be hell and it will take by God's Grace.

French Citizens are crying for jobs..even in Paris...let alone us that are coming from outside.?

FRANCE is not like GERMANY where jobs flow like water in the stream.

CORONA VIRUS will make it even worst.

The only people i think enjoying France are those on Scholarships with Stipend.

UK or SWEDEN on my mind.......
. sorry for reacting late ur tuition fee has nothing to do with your Visa approval..low tuition is government higher institution which get more recognition than the private institution
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by demmy79: 1:28pm On Jun 04, 2020
ogatboy:

This does not apply to all schools. You just need to contact campus France and they will tell you what to do. But you'll have to pay N50k for the application procedure and you can apply for up to 7 schools
. You can apply directly without consulting campus france

1 Like

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Ebenad: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2020
Please, what are the documents needed to process France Visa?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by ALT2(m): 5:11am On Jun 10, 2020
@electromagneto and other gurus, I have applied for MSc program at the University Jean Monnet but I want to know of to choose private or university housing as this question is part of the application process. Is CROUS private housing?

Thanks
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by emicolsy: 8:00am On Jun 11, 2020
ALT2:
@electromagneto and other gurus, I have applied for MSc program at the University Jean Monnet but I want to know of to choose private or university housing as this question is part of the application process. Is CROUS private housing?

Thanks

Crous is for students and sometimes, can be the cheapest accommodation. Private or public accommodation does not affect visa application, what matters is your housing contract which is one of the needed documents.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by Daniella1998: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
I just confirmed that france embassy has reopened, who is going ahead with the visa application? I've started the process sort of.
Re: Thread For France Prospective Students by flyway: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2020
Have you gotten accommodation?

Daniella1998:
I just confirmed that france embassy has reopened, who is going ahead with the visa application? I've started the process sort of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Best Places To Visit In Akwa Ibom State .. Tourism & Travel.. Photos / Obituary Of The Only Daughter Killed In Road Accident In Igbariam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.