Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified (38865 Views)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Police Recruitment Exercise In Rivers Today (Photos) / Names Of Candidates Shortlisted For Nigeria Police Recruitment – 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by alobright17(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Didn't say the guy I quoted wasn't intelligent bro but since you have taken it that way..you have the rights to your thinking but when you type this Nigerian Police force, only one thing comes to my mind.. NEGATIVITY

U.s Police are not any better they kept shooting innocent blacks remember ?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by truthspeaks: 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Kenechukwu, r u sure dats not Keneking d amazing Apc zombie. No wonder guy scarce recently for nairaland.
Cutehector:
He said his dream is to be a Nigerian Police man..

grin uwa mmebi
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Lilimax(f): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
ogawisdom:
Supported tattoo is for unserious n indiscipline people angry
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by SUPOL(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2016
blackberlin:
Imagine how many tattooed youths with good intents that will be disqualified. . . What does tattoo have to do with enforcing the law properly

This is why the system will be filled with hypocrites. . .
tatoo is not in African culture. We don't want irresponsible people in d police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2016
alobright17:

Even U.s has some restrictions about tattoos go read it.
Keyword: some. Knowing Nigerians we are bound to take things overboard. Regulations here would make it impossible for people even with hidden tattoos to get the job.
Don't forget this is a country bankers are forced to shave daily even when it's known the whiteman has since abandoned the policy. What of primary schools which force children to cut hair frequently, it's not understood anymore why British missionaries forced Africans to cut hair in the first place. In the whiteman's land primary school aged children are allowed to freely style their hair however they like.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by whys: 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
Reminds me of Anja, baby hope's new mother. She has tattoo

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
truthspeaks:
Kenechukwu, r u sure dats not Keneking d amazing Apc zombie. No wonder guy scarce recently for nairaland.

undecided
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by lugiano1: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
I wish the selected ones success as they progress but, the truth remains that what they are doing now is mainly formalities because those juicy positions of ASP and inspectors have been occupied by the slots of the ogas.... emirs, obas, senators, rep members, governors, godfathers etc.... na the corofos position dem give the average Nigerians.... let's see how it unfolds cool cool shocked
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Favben(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
CzarRex:
so what are they trying to prove now? that the police is a very decent organization?

not having tattooed men in the force doesn't meanby tomorrow you wouldn't see their men on the roadside collecting bribes of #50 or #100 from drivers

We cannot concede to all forms of indecency because one form of indecency has not been successfully battled.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by lugiano1: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
A simple calculation shows that, if 10000 candidates are divided into 36 states then, a state get let's than 300. Now, more than 1000 were shortlisted from almost all the states. Where will they enter? How many ASP and inspectors would come from a local government? I pray for the common man....
When its election they will come to fool us again and when it's also time to benefit from them we get the worst position
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by felifeli: 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
CzarRex:
so what are they trying to prove now? that the police is a very decent organization?

not having tattooed men in the force doesn't meanby tomorrow you wouldn't see their men on the roadside collecting bribes of #50 or #100 from drivers

[size=14pt]No, they are saying the police doesn't want people with no self control. If you can scar yourself for life you will not think twice to kill anybody grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by dayowunmi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
blackberlin:
Imagine how many tattooed youths with good intents that will be disqualified. . . What does tattoo have to do with enforcing the law properly

The only place where you see policemen with tattoos on their bodies is in the movies and that's because they are actors and not real cops. It's the same for most formal jobs all over the world. It's standard procedure.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by samuelson06(m): 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
wunmi590:

I think out of all the people that qoute me against what I just said, you are the only person that said something worth replying.

Nice comment. cool

wink
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Favben(m): 8:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
TamedWolf90:

Does Nigeria as a country have standards If we do, please tell me...

I do. Do you?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by lugiano1: 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
It's a fact those candidates whose positions are guaranteed are not even in this mess called screening but they will finally surface in abuja to pick up their appointment letters... Okiro pikin go de pull shirt for crowd? Abi na saraki nephew?

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2016
Why get a tattoo when your dead broke, get one if you like after your made for life.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
wunmi590:

Can you take a man who has tatoo all over his body home for marriage?

Please don't be an hypocrites undecided
tatoos don't really tell a person's real self.....my current boo has a tatoo, n wen we met i was frightened by the tatoos grin bt on getting to knw him i realized he is a principled person, and a very nice guy.

If he proposes i will gladly say yes. grin i will rather marry a guy wit tatoos, than a Nigerian police officer.

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Emekayoung(m): 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Who wants to join the Nigerian police anyway? Who cares? Police na work?

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by kulex2k1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2016
dayowunmi:

The only place where you see policemen with tattoos on their bodies is in the movies and that's because they are actors and not real cops. It's the same for most formal jobs all over the world. It's standard procedure.

u r a big liar...please get ur facts right b4 u post.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
alobright17:

This is like saying all the women indecent dressing women are ashawo
Indecency is relative....what is indecent to you might not be to another, jst as to some peeps, women putting on trouser shows how indecent they are.

I see nothing wrong in ppl having tatoos, provided it is neat and not too many on the skin....Lil wayne's tatoos are example of indecent once.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by emperorchedda(m): 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
kally90:
Why will a sensible human being tattoo his or body?
Just one proof why tattoo is bad to the society. One good reason with empirical evidence

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Gamesmart: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
blackberlin:

Go and get rid of your tattoo or go and use your intent to be background dancer for Wizkid.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Gamesmart: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
charix:
Already shooting themselves in the foot. Tattoos do not reduce an applicant's ability to work. In a job which deserves as much manpower available rejecting people over such trivial issue is doing yourself a disservice.

What a completely senseless post! So you think shortage of manpower is a worry in Nigeria despite the population and millions of unemployed people?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by alobright17(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
charix:

Keyword: some. Knowing Nigerians we are bound to take things overboard. Regulations here would make it impossible for people even with hidden tattoos to get the job.
Don't forget this is a country bankers are forced to shave daily even when it's known the whiteman has since abandoned the policy. What of primary schools which force children to cut hair frequently, it's not understood anymore why British missionaries forced Africans to cut hair in the first place. In the whiteman's land primary school aged children are allowed to freely style their hair however they like.

What's wrong in telling us to look neat and decent?is cutting hair and looking good are they bad teaching?
Go to some private schools it's also allowed to style hair but it must be neat and decent which I see no wrong in it.

On the issue of tattoo I believe in Bible as a Christian which condemned tattoo of any kind, I'm not tying to say I'm perfect but avoiding things I know I can avoid is better,I hate tattoo,2 years ago I read that in America people coming to remove tattoo are higher than those coming to irk it.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Makapounse(m): 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
Tattoo is a sign of indiscipline and there is no room for indiscipline in any law enforcement agents. Very correct move
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Gamesmart:

Go and get rid of your tattoo or go and use your intent to be background dancer for Wizkid.

C'mon shut up, animal.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol naija sef cheesy so tattoo will reduce his ability to work or what??
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 06, 2016
cupidhero:

English and American soldiers tatoo military patches and quotes on their skins and their Nigerian counterparts are not better than them in any way so i don't think tatoos should be used as a criteria for disqualifying all these people who are trying to polish the tarnished trophy known as the Nigerian Police Force. Tatoos serve as a form of inspiration to most of the people wearing them. Those with stupid and meaningless tatoos should be disqualified while the few with meaningful quotes and drawings should atleast be considered.

This is Nigerian not USA respect your country. Everything USA some of una never even cross Lagos boarder but feel say you sabi America very well by watching DSTV

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
blackberlin:

C'mon shut up, animal.
cheesy
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2016
SUPOL:
tatoo is not in African culture. We don't want irresponsible people in d police.
Yet we have a whole lot of irresponsible people in the police. grin

Your signature is a hoax. cheesy

2 Likes

dayowunmi:

What do u mean, c'mon shut up.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by captainjoh(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
blackberlin:

If you get to a police station and meet two police men one with tattoo always and the other without tattoo which will u tender your case too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.