Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified (38861 Views)

More Than 23,862 Npower Beneficiaries Disqualified And More To Follow+video / Police Recruitment Exercise In Rivers Today (Photos) / Names Of Candidates Shortlisted For Nigeria Police Recruitment – 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by alobright17(m): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
MadCow1:

Lol..

Read the entire Leviticus and judge yourself.. grin

I knew someone would throw that passage at me but sadly that passage is a miss all the time. grin grin

You can't take a bible passage in isolation.

I have gone through it and I never for one day throw it away.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Rencent(m): 11:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
ellacute45:
OK I see

Hallo, wie gehts dir. Ich wohne hier in Deutschland.
Wo wohnst du?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by MadCow1: 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
alobright17:

I have gone through it and I never for one day throw it away.

Why would you throw the bible away? undecided

I simply said read the book of Leviticus in its entirety nd tell me how many of those laws are you in contravention of. grin

That's why the bible says judge not.

Same Bible even said God almighty (whom you fanatical Christians claim to serve) does not judge a man for his outwardly appearance but for his heart..

Like I said earlier and always tell people: You need to learn to FOCUS YOUR ENERGY on the things that are of actual importance, otherwise you will get distracted by non issues like tattoos and piercings. Sleep on that for tonight..

# MadCow. .
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by dubemivan(m): 12:06am On Jun 07, 2016
blackberlin:
Imagine how many tattooed youths with good intents that will be disqualified. . . What does tattoo have to do with enforcing the law properly

This is why the system will be filled with hypocrites. . .
With all due respect sharaap there! Even though the system is bastardize with any measure at all that does not qualify nor justify anyone with tatoo as having good intent. How ever you look @it, the society and tradition impute irresponsibility to persons with tatoo. Talkless of the law agency, you will be judged a criminal since badboys are recognized with tatoo.
No sane employer, organization will employ you seeing a tatoo on your skin how much more the force?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by alobright17(m): 12:09am On Jun 07, 2016
MadCow1:

Why would you throw the bible away? undecided

I simply said read the book of Leviticus in its entirety nd tell me how many of those laws are you in contravention of. grin

That's why the bible says judge not.

Same Bible even said God almighty (whom you fanatical Christians claim to serve) does not judge a man for his outwardly appearance but for his heart..

Like I said earlier and always tell people: You need to learn to FOCUS YOUR ENERGY on the things that are of actual importance, otherwise you will get distracted by non issues like tattoos and piercings. Sleep on that for tonight..

# MadCow. .

TATTOO is the focal point and I dealt with it squarely with my back up points and proof from what I believe in,that is how I roll dealing with things one at a time.

Mr,you don't call a student for a debate on Maths and he start talking about the general subjects,he has to deal and make his point on the said subject and wait till another day for another subject.

You don't go to court for one particular offense and the sane judge start quoting the whole laws of the country for you,hope you sleep with that as well.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Taryur3(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2016
wunmi590:
Even if it is a cateering job, are you suppose to have tatoo on your body? Some people with fish brain.

Infact that's. How some people will lose their dream job, and say it is the people in their village that is doing them.

Learn to be decent in everything you do, why tatoo when am not a musician.

That's a very goo idea, after they would start liasing with thief to to sell guns.
God bless you
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by macaranta(m): 12:17am On Jun 07, 2016
Why?No one has answers to that ?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Bkelani: 12:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Officer Diana Kaouris has been on the force for six years, and is now assigned to the 102nd Precinct.
NYPD Officer Patrols in Style With Dyed Hair and Tattoos

QUEENS — Officer Diana Kaouris wears the NYPD uniform proudly, just like all the other officers on the force.

But the six-year veteran, who is currently assigned to the 102nd Precinct, knows how to wear it in her own distinctive way.

Kaouris has about a dozen tattoos, including on her hands and forearms. She also likes to dye her hair in a variety of colors, from purple to red and blue.
In April, she was named “Cop of the month” for catching a number of graffiti vandals, including two she brought down after a foot chase.

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by dubemivan(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2016
MadCow1:

The Bible also said you shouldn't judge amongst other things..
But its okay cos your laws seem to be greater than your bibles.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Bkelani: 12:29am On Jun 07, 2016
Cops get a yearly $1,000 uniform allowance

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by dubemivan(m): 12:31am On Jun 07, 2016
MadCow1:

The Bible also said you shouldn't judge amongst other things..

But its okay cos your laws seem to be greater than your bibles.

Dont be mad Madcow. There is difference btw to Judge and to reprove. Both are not same!
The scripture is giving for instruction, reproof, exhortation and correction not for judgement 2Tim 3:16
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by An0nimus: 1:04am On Jun 07, 2016
Bkelani:

Officer Diana Kaouris has been on the force for six years, and is now assigned to the 102nd Precinct.
NYPD Officer Patrols in Style With Dyed Hair and Tattoos

QUEENS — Officer Diana Kaouris wears the NYPD uniform proudly, just like all the other officers on the force.

But the six-year veteran, who is currently assigned to the 102nd Precinct, knows how to wear it in her own distinctive way.

Kaouris has about a dozen tattoos, including on her hands and forearms. She also likes to dye her hair in a variety of colors, from purple to red and blue.
In April, she was named “Cop of the month” for catching a number of graffiti vandals, including two she brought down after a foot chase.

The thing with Nigerians is most of us are too quick to say "see how they do it in America, Nigeria is backward". We are ready to conform to the image of America and leave ours in the gutter. Sadly, a good number of us who do this are graduates. It's very disappointing really.

We will not argue a case on its merits as Nigerians but will start comparing apples and oranges. The average Nigerian does not fancy tattoos. We are not that liberal at this time in our history. Seeing how we are, the police decides to make a rule against tattoos and people start yapping about the US? smh

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by SUPOL(m): 1:09am On Jun 07, 2016
herbie27:
Yet we have a whole lot of irresponsible people in the police. grin

Your signature is a hoax. cheesy
Pretty bae, can I have ur contact?
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Gamesmart: 1:12am On Jun 07, 2016
charix:

Riiighhttt... yet no meaningful contribution was made to prove your point.

France has decided to post 90,000 policemen around a city for an upcoming event, a number I highly doubt Nigeria has in police force due to our man-know-man system of employment.
A job like policing has no limit to how many individuals should receive employment abi you've not heard of England's community police system whereby members of the public can register as first point sentries before real policemen can take over a situation?

And bunch of senseless statements.

So if all those with tattoos and even those with tribal marks are excluded from joining NPF, how does that limit a country like Nigeria from getting enough people? You felt by just mention 90,000 you would make sense?

You could have done better and mention 50bn from China and your statement would still be senseless.

You come top-up your senseless statement with "A job like policing has no limit to how many individuals should receive employment".

Another robustly senseless statement. Employment into police should be limitless? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by SUPOL(m): 1:13am On Jun 07, 2016
blackberlin:

Mr. Man shut up! So all those old mama with traditional tattoos on their arms and legs, the ones they got in their youth nko?

In fact, tattoos were just as important as tribal marks then. Think before you type. . . Yellow fever grin
Tunder fire dat ur mouth ediot. Becos ur irresponsible without home training doesn't mean others are. If u like tattoo even ur head, it only show ur criminal tendencies as far as Nigeria is concerned. And if u thing ur strong send me a pm let's meet ediot ewu gambia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Gamesmart: 1:13am On Jun 07, 2016
blackberlin:

C'mon shut up, animal.

If dem raise you well, you no go get tattoo.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by NightHawke: 1:14am On Jun 07, 2016
blackberlin:
Imagine how many tattooed youths with good intents that will be disqualified. . . What does tattoo have to do with enforcing the law properly

This is why the system will be filled with hypocrites. . .
Every recruiter has the right to determine the criteria of the desired applicants. A lady with 2.1, spoke well, passed the written exams but came to the interview with 5nos piercings in each ear bearing earrings. She lost out. She scored 2 in presentation.

Question is; did she come straight for the job interview from a home or a club?
Something like the pix. 4nos circular earrings each and large pendant earrings.

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 07, 2016
Gamesmart:

And bunch of senseless statements.

So if all those with tattoos and even those with tribal marks are excluded from joining NPF, how does that limit a country like Nigeria from getting enough people? You felt by just mention 90,000 you would make sense?

You could have done better and mention 50bn from China and your statement would still be senseless.

You come top-up your senseless statement with "A job like policing has no limit to how many individuals should receive employment".

Another robustly senseless statement. Employment into police should be limitless? grin grin grin grin grin
I've better things to do than quibble over a debate which doesn't add to my bank account.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by InvertedHammer: 2:54am On Jun 07, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Source:

http://leadership.ng/news/533635/recruitment-police-say-no-chance-people-tattoo

/
STANDING OVATION.

Some people have tattooed themselves out of the job pool.

A very big lesson in life.

This is Nigeria. Those with tattoos should go and apply in US,UK, Netherland police forces. Successful candidates will be working for Nigerians. And how majority of Nigerians perceive tattoos trumps any feelings the victims may have. No be their papa private business.

When the job market gets tight, the weed out process becomes more stringent.

\
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by chachanga: 3:13am On Jun 07, 2016
englishmart:
if you are dating any woman/lady with too many tattoos, you are free to cheat on them, they are already used to pains

Ahhhhhh? Diaaaarrrrrrrissss Goddddu O!
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Gkemz: 3:23am On Jun 07, 2016
The dude who said becoming a policeman has been his dream must be joking.
As for the tattooed persons being disqualified, that shows that Nigerian police is trying to cleanup its dirty image. However the same sanction also should be meted out to candidates with dreadlocks and moonhawk since they belong to entertainment industry where indecency is praised.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by omojeesu(m): 4:04am On Jun 07, 2016
CzarRex:
so what are they trying to prove now? that the police is a very decent organization? Not having tattooed men in the force doesn't meanby tomorrow you wouldn't see their men on the roadside collecting bribes of #50 or #100 from drivers

You are correct. But unfortunately modern tatooing projects unserious, immature and irresponsible behaviour.
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 4:18am On Jun 07, 2016
Rencent:

Hallo, wie gehts dir. Ich wohne hier in Deutschland.
Wo wohnst du?
Ich auch smiley.. In Niedersachsen
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 07, 2016
yeye dey smell....mumu's talk say Na Naija jollof. The one's way dey shoot anyhow, way dey collab with robbers, way dey harass us up and down. Them get tattoo
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by kf147: 6:13am On Jun 07, 2016
I am very impressed with the comments on this topic.the is the first time people commends police for a job well done.self discipline is the best form of discipline and any one with tattoo is not a discipline person and he is not needed in the force.let encouraged those that have the good intentions of serving our great country.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by BABANGBALI: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Wailers should hold buhari responsible for this
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2016
Gamesmart:

If dem raise you well, you no go get tattoo.
See this one. . . mumu
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by MadCow1: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2016
dubemivan:

Dont be mad Madcow. There is difference btw to Judge and to reprove. Both are not same!
The scripture is giving for instruction, reproof, exhortation and correction not for judgement 2Tim 3:16

grin

Yeah.. After they have labelled Tattoo wearers all sorts and found them not worthy of being in the service you tell me about reproach. grin

Is that the new non-judgemental name for judging people now? grin

And don't ever tell me not to be mad.. angry
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 07, 2016
SUPOL:

Tunder fire dat ur mouth ediot. Becos ur irresponsible without home training doesn't mean others are. If u like tattoo even ur head, it only show ur criminal tendencies as far as Nigeria is concerned. And if u thing ur strong send me a pm let's meet ediot ewu gambia

Na so e pain u reach? animal!
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 07, 2016
dubemivan:

With all due respect sharaap there! Even though the system is bastardize with any measure at all that does not qualify nor justify anyone with tatoo as having good intent. How ever you look @it, the society and tradition impute irresponsibility to persons with tatoo. Talkless of the law agency, you will be judged a criminal since badboys are recognized with tatoo.
No sane employer, organization will employ you seeing a tatoo on your skin how much more the force?

c'mon shut up... village animal
Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by MadCow1: 6:39am On Jun 07, 2016
Gkemz:
The dude who said becoming a policeman has been his dream must be joking.
As for the tattooed persons being disqualified, that shows that Nigerian police is trying to cleanup its dirty image. However the same sanction also should be meted out to candidates with dreadlocks and moonhawk since they belong to entertainment industry where indecency is praised.

Lol..

You sound like a kid.. (No disrespect)

So if you have two candidates for a job before you, 1 is more qualified for the job but is a rastafarian (religion), wears a Tattoo (Body art) or wears a funny haircut, the other is a straight cut Christian, Low cut wearing Christian with no tattoos but is the less qualified of the two, you will hire the second candidate? grin

You and a lot like you keep saying tattoo wearers should be in the Music industry, I wonder where you get this from. I work in oil and gas and almost 85% of the western expatriates all have tattoos on their skins and most of them and good at their jobs. grin

Pfft.. Do not do anything you do not like, but if the matter has no victim (Nobody else is affected by it directly or indirectly), then stop being a judgemental Asshole.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment: People With Tattoos Disqualified by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 07, 2016
ellacute45:
Ich auch smiley.. In Niedersachsen
don't give my love to another person oooo grin
Remember I toasted u first grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Sectors With High Employment Rate Unemployed Graduates Should Consider / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria (Nairaland Helped Me Get A Job) / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.