Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics (11186 Views)

'Jonathan Testifying For Dasuki In Court Is Desirable'- Dasuki's Lawyer A. Raji / The Entire World Is Watching Ikpeazu With His Delay Tactics- Ogah / Saraki's CCT Trial ; Latest Proceeding Delay Tactics Thrown Out... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by ayo26(m): 8:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Situations like this makes me question democracy. Does it truly address justice? Are we sure it is not overrated?

1 Like

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 8:52am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
look at how a judge is vitupirating. The only reason why the federal govt is trying this case in different court is to get conflicting judgement and create confusion. If not I don't see the reason why three different court would precide on the same case.

And for this judge it is obvious that dasuki cannot get a fair trial from him. Even danladi umar didn't make noise this way. This man isn't for to be a judge

It cost nothing to shut your mouth or refrain from commenting when the topic is out of your depth. Learned counsels in court understand the Judges position. Why didn't the counsel to Dasuki give a tenable reason to move his motion or are you numbskulls smarter than him.
Supposedly educated people act very stupidly in Nigeria, rushing to make stupid conclusions on areas outside their competence.

3 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by Pesuzok(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2016
i dont think it is the same charges in different court. rather different charges in different courts by the same prosecutor against the same accused.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by fejicruz(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2016
He who plays the piper dictate the tunes....Na so them talk am
ikbnice:
Delay tactics! I don't blame the lawyer, he's doing what they are well-known for.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by ikbnice(m): 9:06am On Jun 07, 2016
fejicruz:
He who plays the piper dictate the tunes....Na so them talk am
true talk
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2016
jahsharon:

You read the book also? You should be approaching 40 years then. How are you planning your 40th birthday? Remember that 'Life begins at 40'.

Lol, approaching 40yrs sha. Planning to be a grandPa before then. Lol

1 Like

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by Montaque(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2016
x9ja1960:
I am not a lawyer but from a layman's perspective Mr. Joseph Dauda's request is not unreasonable. Why charge a man on same issues in two different courts? What is wrong in consolidating them into one, wouldn't it in fact save us the time and resources Justice Yusuf is complaining about? Except there is something else behind this whole drama...I don't see what the fuss is all about especially if the prosecutors are certain of their facts to nail the guy! In my opinion, having two identical cases running at the same time is fishy.
A lawyer endorses ur position. You are so on point.
However, the judge may not be speakiing on thiis one alone, but previous moves aimed at delay.

1 Like

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:25am On Jun 07, 2016
x9ja1960:
I am not a lawyer but from a layman's perspective Mr. Joseph Dauda's request is not unreasonable. Why charge a man on same issues in two different courts? What is wrong in consolidating them into one, wouldn't it in fact save us the time and resources Justice Yusuf is complaining about? Except there is something else behind this whole drama...I don't see what the fuss is all about especially if the prosecutors are certain of their facts to nail the guy! In my opinion, having two identical cases running at the same time is fishy.
That is why you're a lay man. I do not know the rules on Jurisdiction in Nigeria, but this tactic is the best to keep bad men like Dasuki and co off the streets for a very long time. What you should be asking yourself is : Is it unconstitutional to charge him in two different courts? If it isn't, then what's the fuss? Personally, I feel the cases should be consolidated if they are in the same district. But, thinking from a Prosecutorial standpoint: If we are truly trying to send a message--- and we know the potential sentence upon conviction (based on current law) will not be a deterrent for future offenders--- then, yes, in order to get maximum consecutive sentences that'll make others think twice before carrying out such dastardly acts like Dasuki is accused of,we will ensure that he is tried in different court rooms. All these Defense lawyers are doing is making things harder for their clients if they are before upright and strict Judges who have no time for games. Let me tell you a story.

When I was a AUSA in D.C, this notorious Cocaine trafficker --- nice guy when you talked to him--- had investigations on him all over the country. Since we already had first dibs , other Jurisdictions (eager to close their investigations) were in favor of sending whatever evidence they had on him to me in lieu of transferring the case over for prosecution. At first I was interested, and I was even willing to cut him a break if he would plead out to 15yrs (instead of the mandatory life he would get if he lost at trial). Everything was looking like it would go that route, until his lawyer found a technicality that could have the whole case thrown out if care was not taken. All of a sudden this formerly "humble" drug lord did a turn around, and (along with his lawyer) became the biggest douchebags I had ever come across; blowing kisses to his supporters when he thought the Judge wasn't looking, smirking, laughing, sarcastic and personal insults from his lawyer etc All because he thought he was walking out of the courtroom at the end of proceedings. At this point the case had already been on for almost 4yrs. So, what did I do? I called the other Jurisdictions and told them I had no interest in their case and if they wanted justice then they'd have to get him themselves.

Eventually, the Judge ruled in his favor on the technicality and Sentenced him to "Time Served". As this man walked past me---thinking he was now a free man---he called me names and even threatened to come "see" me once he was free. I smiled because I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

As soon as the Judge hit the gavel setting him free from his court room, U.S Marshals stepped up and handcuffed the brute: he had warrants from 2 other Federal Districts. The Grand Juries had sealed indictments against him. Today, he's serving two life+15yr sentences.

Col. Dasuki can rot in jail if it'll bring sanity back to the system.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by teebell999(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2016
I will keep saying it. Judiciary is our number 1 problem in tackling corruption. yeye people!!!!
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by PassingShot(m): 9:47am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
look at how a judge is vitupirating. The only reason why the federal govt is trying this case in different court is to get conflicting judgement and create confusion. If not I don't see the reason why three different court would precide on the same case.

And for this judge it is obvious that dasuki cannot get a fair trial from him. Even danladi umar didn't make noise this way. This man isn't for to be a judge
The only reason the govt has taken this approach is the usual antics of corrupt politicians and judges. If that approach was not employed, Dasuki, Mettuh and many of the yam eaters will by now have been free once again.

Since their birds have learnt to perch without landing, the FG's hunters have learnt to shoot without missing.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 9:48am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

It cost nothing to shut your mouth or refrain from commenting when the topic is out of your depth. Learned counsels in court understand the Judges position. Why didn't the counsel to Dasuki give a tenable reason to move his motion or are you numbskulls smarter than him.
Supposedly educated people act very stupidly in Nigeria, rushing to make stupid conclusions on areas outside their competence.
Mr freshdude competence, u should be in a beauty contest and not showing your shallowness and incivility on a public forum. It obvious u didn't read the reason giving because u reason with your itchy fingers looking for who to attack as a keyboard warrior. Mr education since u are competent on issues like this you should have just made ur contribution on why u think the counsel to dasuki is wrong, just like i made mine but u ended up saying nothing because you know nothing order than throwing online insults and fighting with the keyboard. what u wrote here is total gibberish, as there is no difference between you and the illiterate suicide bombers.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by PassingShot(m): 9:52am On Jun 07, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
That is why you're a lay man. I do not know the rules on Jurisdiction in Nigeria, but this tactic is the best to keep bad men like Dasuki and co off the streets for a very long time. What you should be asking yourself is : Is it unconstitutional to charge him in two different courts? If it isn't then what's the fuss? Personally, I feel the cases should be consolidated if they are in the same district. But, thinking from a Prosecutorial standpoint: If we are truly trying to send a message--- and we know the potential sentence upon conviction (based on current law) will not be a deterrent for future offenders--- then, yes, in order to get maximum consecutive sentences that'll make others think twice before carrying out such dastardly acts like Dasuki is accused of,we will ensure that he is tried in different court rooms. All these Defense lawyers are doing is making things harder for their clients if they are before upright and strict Judges who have no time for games. Let me tell you a story.

When I was a AUSA in D.C, this notorious Cocaine trafficker --- nice guy when you talked to him--- had investigations on him all over the country. Since, we already had first dibs , other Jurisdictions (eagerto close their investigations) were in favor of sending whatever evidence they had on him to me in lieu of transferring the case over for prosecution. At first I was interested, and I was even willing to cut him a break if he would plead out to 15yrs (instead of the mandatory life he would get if he lost at trial). Everything was looking like it would go that route, until his lawyer found a technicality that could have the whole case thrown out if care was not taken. All of a sudden this formerly "humble" drug lord, did a turn around, and (along with his lawyer) became the biggest douchebags I had ever come across; blowing kisses to his supporters when he thought the Judge wasn't looking, smirking, laughing, sarcastic and personal insults from his lawyer etc All because he thought he was walking out of the courtroom at the end of proceedings. At this point the case had already been on for almost 4yrs. So, what did I do? I called the other Jurisdictions and told them I had no interest in their case and if they wanted justice then they'd have to get him themselves.

Eventually, the Judge ruled in his favor on the technicality and Sentenced him to "Time Served". As this man walked past me---thinking he was now a free man---he called me names and even threatened to come "see" me once he was free. I smiled because I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

As, soon as the Judge hit the gavel setting him free from his court room, U.S Marshals stepped up and handcuffed the brute: he had warrants from 2 other Federal Districts. The Grand Juries had sealed indictments against him. Today, he's serving two life+15yr sentences.

Col. Dasuki can rot in jail if it'd bring sanity back to the system.
Excellent. I didn't see this when I wrote this:

PassingShot:

The only reason the govt has taken this approach is the usual antics of corrupt politicians and judges. If that approach was not employed, Dasuki, Mettuh and many of the yam eaters will by now have been free once again.
Since their birds have learnt to perch without landing, the FG's hunters have learnt to shoot without missing.

3 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 9:57am On Jun 07, 2016
PassingShot:

but can this approach be legally tenable. Because I see it as two wrongs.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by emmiej: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2016
I think d defence lawyer is ryt. what if one court acquits his client n d other convicts his client on d same offence. which one wld d law honour. am not a lawyer. just thinking aloud.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Mr freshdude competence, u should be in a beauty contest and not showing your shallowness and incivility on a public forum. It obvious u didn't read the reason giving because u reason with your itchy fingers looking for who to attack as a keyboard warrior. Mr education since u are competent on issues like this you should have just made ur contribution on why u think the counsel to dasuki is wrong, just like i made mine but u ended up saying nothing because you know nothing order than throwing online insults and fighting with the keyboard. what u wrote here is total gibberish, as there is no difference between you and the illiterate suicide bombers.

The law is not only for criminals whom you eulogise (though you probably live in a suburb with no lights) to manipulate. Men of goodwill can also use the law to achieve communal beneficial ends.
Ignorance is bliss in Nigeria, and you are just a reflection of the society. Though you know nada on issues at hand but instead of keeping quiet and learning you air your silly out of place opinions. You have enough problems already, enjoy your fools world!

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by MadamExcellency: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

The Judge should stop trying to change the reality. The FG is the one delaying the court for failing to bring Dasuki to court on three separate occasions.

Ask yourself why this same Judge has remained accommodating on the side of FG and has never issued warrant on DSS for failing to produce Dasuki in court on three consecutive times when this same hearing was scheduled.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by PassingShot(m): 10:04am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
but can this approach be legally tenable. Because I see it as two wrongs.
Nothing is illegal in taking an accused to multiple courts for different offences. Dasuki's numerous alleged offences were split and filed at different courts in order to frustrate their tactics of buying judgement. If this strategy was not employed, he would have become a free man with stolen billions.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:05am On Jun 07, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Ask yourself why this same Judge has remained accommodating on the side of FG and has never issued warrant on DSS for failing to produce Dasuki in court on three consecutive times when this same hearing was scheduled.

Who's side are you on? Nigeria or Dasuki?

1 Like

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 10:09am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

Ignorance is bliss in Nigeria, and you are just a reflection of the society. Though you know the least on issues at hand but instead of keeping quiet and learning you air your silly out of place opinions. You have enough problems already, enjoy your fools world!
u still haven't said nothing, attacking people without having any meaningful contribution to make. I said mine, u said I know nothing, u that is Mr know all didn't make any contribution to show ur level of knowledge instead u choose the usual Nigerian irrational route throwing insults. How do people learn from your type. Look at it critically your problems are more than mine. Reevaluate your thoughts.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2016
PassingShot:

Nothing is illegal in taking an accused to multiple courts for different offences. Dasuki's numerous alleged offences were split and filed at different courts in order to frustrate their tactics of buying judgement. If this strategy was not employed, he would have become a free man with stolen billions.
I think if its so dauda should know more about this as he is well grounded in the law
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:12am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
u still haven't said nothing, attacking people without having any meaningful contribution to make. I said mine, u said I know nothing, u that is Mr know all didn't make any contribution to show ur level of knowledge instead u choose the usual Nigerian irrational route throwing insults. How do people learn from your type. Look at it critically your problems are more than mine. Reevaluate your thoughts.

You probably missed this.

The law is not only for criminals whom you eulogise (though you probably live in a suburb with no lights) to manipulate. Men of goodwill can also manipulate the law to achieve communal beneficial ends.

I have NO stomach for Bullshit/Folly this why I can't work in this God forsaken hell hole called Nigeria. Morons like you wouldn't keep quiet.
Country of morons. When it comes to defending injustice they question the action of the Judge.
I pray all the resources in the country is diverted so you all can't earn a living.
Enjoy your miserable lives!

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by MadamExcellency: 10:17am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

Who's side are you on? Nigeria or Dasuki?

As much as Justice demands speedy execution, I have outgrown sentimentalism hence Justice is what should be served and seen to be delivered without dancing towards either side of the divide.

On three separate occasions, DSS has failed to bring Dasuki to court which elicited adjournment yet the Judge never engaged in shouting matches with counsels representing the FG. Now pray tell me who is delaying the trial between FG and Dasuki?

1 Like

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 10:18am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

You probably missed this.

The law is not only for criminals whom you eulogise (though you probably live in a suburb with no lights) to manipulate.
you are still bragging, and filled with pride. Where i live how is it related to the discussion. Or u want to tell me u are the son of dangote. you see u no one can learn from u.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by bonechamberlain(m): 10:19am On Jun 07, 2016
MadamExcellency:

As much as Justice demands speedy execution, I have outgrown sentimentalism hence Justice is what should be served and seen to be delivered without dancing towards either side of the divide.

On three separate occasions, DSS has failed to bring Dasuki to court which elicited adjournment yet the Judge never engaged in shouting matches with counsels representing the FG. Now pray tell me who is delaying the trial between FG and Dasuki?
thank u.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by PassingShot(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2016
bonechamberlain:
I think if its so dauda should know more about this as he is well grounded in the law
He surely knows nothing is legally wrong with the approach and the prosecution lawyer and the judge reminded him. Of course, he also needs to try to frustrate the prosecution and it's the reason lawyers come up with all sorts of ridiculous reasons to win a case. Dauda is only doing his job but he's being outsmarted from beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Non sentimental my foot. Apparently you don't know what Justice entails. Dasuki and co sabotage the state by their actions, cost Nigerian quantum lose of lives and property and you sit in your rickety chair in your house without light and type about Justice? You know nothing about Justice!

3 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by MadamExcellency: 10:42am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

Non sentimental my foot. Apparently you don't know what Justice entails. Dasuki and co sabotage the state by their actions, cost Nigerian quantum lose of lives and property and you sit in your rickety chair in your house without light and type about Justices? You know nothing about Justice!

Are you "Karried" already, Bros, it is still morning.

Both of us want speedy execution of Justice. Either way, any delay by the Federal Government should be treated in the same way as that from Daudu. Anything short of this, is partiality and miscarriage of Justice.

Secondly, from the tune and body language of this Judge, I doubt if Dasuki will get justice because I can smell partiality.

Let me tell you what I meant by Justice for Dasuki. If Dasuki can prove without doubt that he was authorized to disburse the funds by President Jonathan or after receiving delivery notes from Military establishment for purchases and contracts executed then he is innocent provided he didn't enrich himself from the process.

The Judge should be seen neutral and ensure he puts his temperament under check during proceedings.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Both of us want speedy execution of Justice. Either way, any delay by the Federal Government should be treated in the same way as that from Daudu. Anything short of this, is partiality and miscarriage of Justice.

Secondly, from the tune and body language of this Judge, I doubt if Dasuki will get justice because I can smell partiality.

Let me tell you what I meant by Justice for Dasuki. If Dasuki can prove without doubt that he was authorized to disburse the funds by President Jonathan or after receiving delivery notes from Military establishment for purchases and contracts executed then he is innocent provided he didn't enrich himself on the process.

The Judge should be seen neutral and ensure he puts his temperament under check during proceedings.

Justice is SHOOTING Dasuki at point blank range! Do you Understand? Stop using Justice in your sentences!
Dasuki was the FUCKING NSA for christsake, he was working for Nigeria not GEJ...there is no way he is not culpable, he can only have accomplishes, he can't pass no bulk!

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by MadamExcellency: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

Justice is SHOOTING Dasuki at point blank range! Do you Understand? Stop using Justice in your sentences!

Acting under authority in "disbursement of funds" has never been a crime anywhere in the world.

A man under authority obeys the last order.
Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by 1freshdude: 10:58am On Jun 07, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Acting under authority in "disbursement of funds" has never been a crime anywhere in the world.

A man under authority obeys the last order.

There you go again talking gibberish. Read, think, talk. Follow that sequence and you will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Judge Lambasts Dasuki’s Lawyer, Accuses Him Of Employing Delay Tactics by MadamExcellency: 11:15am On Jun 07, 2016
1freshdude:

There you go again talking gibberish. Read, think, talk. Follow that sequence and you will be fine.

You are being childishly zealous but without knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Some People Are Threatened By Jonathan's International Profile"- Ikechukwu Eze / Jonathan: With Prayers, We'll Overcome Nigeria's Problems / The Pot Holes Of Ikeja-ipaja-sango Express Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.