Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

"i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" (6723 Views)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / My Step-father Sneaked Into My Room And Made Love To Me / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by 9lifes(m): 3:32am On Dec 18, 2012
You are getting it wrong.We have that tradition too.I have a step mom as a result of that.No official marriage rite will be carried out,but the custom implies that she is now your responsibility.Since you cannot have sex with her,she would have to take permission from you to live her life or satisfy her desires-i.e. if she believes in the tradition too.

There is no need to start screaming,this is one of those funny cultures,you have to first get the details,what it involves and your responsibilities.Again,it is not a must for you to have sex with her,and again it implies that if you have step siblings,they are now officially yours,you are now the father and husband(in terms of providing for everyone,i.e. if she can not provide for herself and her kids),its like stepping up as the first child and leader.

So keep your religious thing aside and act like a man,except you already get beef with this woman.if you need more details reply or send me a mail,I am a christian too.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by 9lifes(m): 3:35am On Dec 18, 2012
tpia1: 21st century @ op.

Not all traditions are outdated..so don't just write whatever you like.And do you think we are better than our fore fathers?Dumbest century ever in the entire human history!
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by 9lifes(m): 3:37am On Dec 18, 2012
izeek: spike just hit the thing right in the middle.

its not strange practise to be told to marry your step-mother or even your own mother.

actually this custom has been in existence for years. what this simply implies is that you are supposs ed to be responsible for the person involved.
that way u automatically take over what ever your father left as assets.

although this practise has been known to be misinterpreted to suite other people's greedy agenda.
its not automatically asking you to go sleep with the dead mans wife.

Don't mind the ignorant people with identity crisis.The whole idea is simple and yet everyone here is ranting.
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by sheshiahmad(m): 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
Ah even me dis too happened to me wen i was in kuvukiland too buh trust me i resisted shap shap
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by nwakaibeya1: 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2015
problem of the spiritually blind etc and BORNAGAINS is the innability to check spiritually Before quoting bible verses and blind arguements?>https://instagram.com/p/5SEi-qM9jF/
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by Swissheart(f): 7:24am On Jul 20, 2015
mudes:

Its not the financial responsibility.I mean, having her as my wife.This is in accordance with my village custom and tradition.For Christ sake, i am a christian
......... where in ekiti are you from?
Re: "i Am Been Forced To Marry My Step-mother" by julietchic(f): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2015
mudes:

I am 20 years old from Ekiti State( Nigeria).I lost my father on 15th June 2009. I am a(Christian),i am in 300 level at the University of Ibadan of the department Medicine .I am the eldest child in a family of 3 girls one boy. After d burial of my father, we went for a family meeting in our family house.The elders of the family told me that i have to take the responsibiliy of my father on my step-mother.My step-mother is
47years old. How can i marry a woman of such age? Moreover, i have not practice marriage in my life:Please, i need your advice.

Did u later got married to her?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. / This Xmas Is My Worst Ever / I Need Advice, I'm Seriously Lost...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.