Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,968 members, 7,810,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. (6715 Views)

Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 32-year Marriage Over Constant Beating By Wife / A 2 Day Old Baby Abandoned By The Roadside Named After Okoya-Thomas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
This is 7yrs now I got married, my marriage produced one kid, a 4yrs old girl. I waz transferred to Awka from Lagos. I met my wife and we started dating. Along d line she conceived, I knew I waz responsible for her pregnancy, I never denied becaused I loved her so much. When her parents confronted me, I told them that I waz in love with their daughter and would want to marry her. The girl in turn accepted me. I went with my people with cartons of beer, hot drinks, cartons of malt and mineral to do the formal introduction which Igbo people calls iku aka n'onu uzo meaning to knock at the door. After that I waz giving a list of what wuld be required for dowry. I travelled with my people to her place at Abia state to pay her dowry. She put to bed a bouncing baby girl. I later started making an arrangement for our traditional wedding. It waz then I begin to notice a change in her behaviour. She turned herself into anoda thing, dresses like a harlot and keeping male friends. She waz no where to do the cookings for me, wash my cloths and do the domestic works. I complained to her parents and all they say is she is old enough to differenciate good and bad. She became more attached to her parents and never cared about me and my daughter. Sometimes she would abandon us for one week in the name of acting movies. I stood against it that she won't act movies, I can empower her to do any other thing but not acting movies. Before I knew it, she started dating one man that is a big fish in the entertainment industry. She even moved in and lived with the man. I got an information and travelled down to Asaba to see her but she refused to show me where she lives. I called my family members to intimate them what waz happening. When we visited her parents, from their body language, we knew they were in support of the life their daughter waz living. We then left and my family told me to forget abt her, take care of my daughter and move on with my life. I could not cope with my job and looking after my daughter because I do virtually everything from domestic works, cooking, bathing my kid, taking her and bringing her back from school. I had to look for a househelp, I got a gal of 17yrs old and I registered her in SS 3. The gal waz so good, very hardworking, honest and obedient. She washes my cloths, iron them, polishes my shoes etc. My daughter waz so fond of her. I realized that I missed so much love and care while my wife abandoned us. I realized then the joy marriage brings, my life waz put back on track, I became a happy man again. What I like more about the gal is that she made me limit my going out and staying late at night because she always make sure that she calls me once it is 8pm to return home for my dinner, the way she serves me food and clears the table when I am done, makes me so happy. I want to be honest here, I waz carried away by her love and care and finally made love to her. I took away her virginity and that has made me to love her more. I provide everything for her to ensure she does nt look outside. Now I am thinking of making this gal my wife bt our age difference is the problem. While I am 40yrs, she will be 18yrs in October. Please before you people insults me, I waz blinded with love to d extent that her age means noting to me because she is matured down to earth. The way she manages money makes me to open a savings account for her where I pay in money monthly for our feedings. She withdrawals money whenever we need to cook, at d end of the day, I am always suprise when I see the balance. Now I am planning to go back to Lagos, I have taken her and my daughter to my immediate younger sister where they will continue their school next term. She calls me everyday to find out how I am fairing and if I have eaten. I don't know how to come out and tell my family what I feel about the gal because they may end up telling me that I am a mad man, how can I marry a gal of 18yrs when their are more matured, working class and classy girls out their to choose from. I have even made it known to the girl that I want her as a wife, all she said waz that I shuld talk to her mum. Please advice what to do.

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
First thing you should finalize your divorce with you wife.
has the custody of your daughter been decided? You guys need to agree on that so that whoever you marry next won't have problems about that.
Close one chapter before opening the other.

True the girl is too young. All the goodness you're seeing may be as result of carried over master-servant mindset that she's been relating to you with. She's yet to discover herself,so how are you sure she's the ideal wife you've been longing for?
I fault you for taking the virginity of an 18yr old girl. What were you thinking?

Anyway the deed is done. If you want to marry her and if she and her family agrees,then sort things out with your first wife and move on with your life.

The age barrier can work in your favour because some women relate better with guys much older than them.
It can also work against you if you become too domineering and controlling.

Just know that if you marry her now,you'll also play the role of daddy in her life because her higher education will be on you.
Between now and when she grows into a full woman say 23-28yrs,you'll notice HUGE changes. She's still growing.

Just thread carefully.

26 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
cococandy: First thing you should finalize your divorce with you wife.
has the custody of your daughter been decided? You guys need to agree on that so that whoever you marry next won't have problems about that.

True the girl is too young. All the goodness you're seeing may be as result of carried over master-servant mindset that she's been relating to you with. She's yet to discover herself,so how are you sure she's the ideal wife you've been longing for?
I fault you for taking the virginity of an 18yr old girl. What were you thinking?

Anyway the deed is done. If you want to marry her and if she and her family agrees,then sort things out with your first wife and move on with your life.

The age barrier can work in your favour because some women relate better with guys much older than them.

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Lumpyy(f): 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Id say u follow your heart,if u dont marry d 18yr old girl she'd prolly be married off to a 60yr old man in d village+i biliv shes old enough to make her own choice and it seems she wnt mind...
Tell the person you trust d most in d family frst n c the reaction!

6 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by isokey: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
I dont knw why, but i ended up laughing after reading ur story

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
When I asked my wife to come so that both our families will sit together and disolve the marriage, she refused and said I shuld go and meet her parents and collect back my bride price. I did go and her parents refunded back my back bride price.
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2014
Then you're officially divorced.
What's she saying about the child?
simbaddsailor: When I asked my wife to come so that both our families will sit together and disolve the marriage, she refused and said I shuld go and meet her parents and collect back my bride price. I did go and her parents refunded back my back bride price.
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
cococandy: Then you're officially divorced.
What's she saying about the child?
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
She right now in Ghana studying because the man in question is sponsoring her in school. When she came to Nigeria for holiday, she came to see her daughter and pleaded that I shuld continue to take care of her, that when she finishes her school next year, she will finally take her daughter to stay with her. We relate well, she calls me to ask after her daughter's welfare, she do send tins too to her through her parents.
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Haaaaaa coco see you encouraging the man . first of all 40-18=22 years. Meaning the girl was born when he was 22 years.i can't even say he's like a big brother but a father to her.ahaaaannnn.not 5,8 or maximum maximum 10 years 22 freaking years ahaaaaaannnnn shocked shocked

op fear God na.slippers get size. Why take advantage of the girl because she's the only one around you. So because she's domesticated and takes care of your daughter =she's a good wife. She never show you her colour shocked

agbaya ni e grin why you no go find 29 years-35 why a teenager? A secondary school pikin for that matter. It would have even been manageable if she was in the university like 25years.you no try.truth be told and as for you coco aka soyoyo I'll be back to your matter later tongue

Just know that if you marry her now,you'll also play the role of daddy in her life because her higher education will be on you.
Between now and when she grows into a full woman say 23-28yrs,you'll notice HUGE changes. She's still growing.

Just thread carefully.

7 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dude, what happen to you is a fantasy..... At that moment of your life you needed a shoulder to lean on......unfortunately and fortunately for you.....you stood low to the younger girl, don't know whether your job stress threw you off balance that you don't have time to mingle with those UNIZIK girls at least..... But nevertheless try and finish the lollipop that you've opened.......yes you can marry her over and over, that doesn't make anything......but do it after you must have gotten admission for her in the higher institution at least college of education, it will be prestigious that way...shalome

7 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oh I see. smiley

So the only problem you have is how to tell the world that you're in love with an 18yr old huh?
Tough luck.

Talk to her mom like she suggested. If you get her mother's support,getting her father on your side won't be hard.

I still think you should give her a little time.
Girls that age can change their minds like underwear. If you can wait for some time before starting the marriage rites maybe At least until she's 20 it would be better (IMO) but now you don rush go take her virginity grin

Well just swallow shame or whatever it is that's holding you back and go see her parents.
It may be easier than you think.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Op as for your wife why didn't you study her or befriend her well enough before you started impregnating her.you no try.as for the smallie that is taking care of your home she's just a house help and a young girl, you shouldn't have done that abi if it was a 50 something or 60 something year old helping you with your daughter and cooking, you go dress go her side? tongue

because you see say na pikin.do you even realise men your age have kids that are your girl friends age and even older . imagine going for pta meeting. What will you stand as.man friend, father or uncle? shocked

you f'd up really lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by tpia1: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Was this story inspired by the humongous butt thread?

Or the movies.

Or both?
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by pickabeau1: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
Balanced advise.. you said it all though i still think its an error marrying such a young uneducated lady as he now has two kids in the home
He has to train the girl too or set her up
He may be back to where he started

Just thread carefully.

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Was the se-x consensual or did she feel intimidated into giving in as per her Boss

Have you spoken to her after that and addressed what happened? I am imagining how after taking away her virginity you guys will carry like business as usual

Does she feel the same way about you?

I am a little uncomfortable it would be different if you had a defined relationship, I am worried at the point when you had intercouse with her and what happened after. A girl of 18 hardly knows what she wants, some do, but what if in a few years she comes and says you manipulated her into the marriage or she grows up and realises you may not be what she wants?

Before talking with anyone talk with her first, dont get carried away she was doing her job, if at any time the relationship wanted to change it should be by mutual consent.

6 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 2:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yea the age barrier is much.
But we can't just rule it as something that will fail.
They have a chance to succeed.
I blame him for sleeping with her already when she's yet to cross the 18th line smiley

But it's good he's not trying to use and discard her.
Once she's past 18,she's of age so she has the right to marry who she wishes to.

I admit the sweetness of the union lies in the fact that she's so pliant and malleable for him now.

Still they have a chance to suceed.

SAMBARRY: Haaaaaa coco see you encouraging the man . first of all 40-18=22 years. Meaning the girl was born when he was 22 years.i can't even say he's like a big brother but a father to her.ahaaaannnn.not 5,8 or maximum maximum 10 years 22 freaking years ahaaaaaannnnn shocked shocked

op fear God na.slippers get size. Why take advantage of the girl because she's the only one around you. So because she's domesticated and takes care of your daughter =she's a good wife. She never show you her colour shocked

agbaya ni e grin why you no go find 29 years-35 why a teenager? A secondary school pikin for that matter. It would have even been manageable if she was in the university like 25years.you no try.truth be told and as for you coco aka soyoyo I'll be back to your matter later tongue

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 2:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Gbam
aisha2: Was the se-x consensual or did she feel intimidated into giving in as per her Boss

Have you spoken to her after that and addressed what happened? I am imagining how after taking away her virginity you guys will carry like business as usual

I am a little uncomfortable it would be different if you had a defined relationship, I am worried at the point when you had intercouse with her and what happened after. A girl of 18 hardly knows what she wants, some do, but what if in a few years she comes and says you manipulated her into the marriage or she grows up and realises you may not be what she wants?

Before talking with anyone talk with her first, dont get carried away she was doing her job, if at any time the relationship wanted to change it should be by mutual consent.
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
aisha2: Was the se-x consensual or did she feel intimidated into giving in as per her Boss

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yea.
Higher education can give her a whole new perspective.
If he's not careful he'll have the i-trained-you-and-you-are-now-growing-feathers situation on his hands in the near future.

I hope he knows what he's doing.
And I pray he doesn't try to restrict her growth to suit his taste.

It's not even only the OP that needs advice in this case.
The girl needs tons of it.

pickabeau1: Balanced advise.. you said it all though i still think its an error marrying such a young uneducated lady as he now has two kids in the home
He has to train the girl too or set her up
He may be back to where he started

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
A 17 plus girl hasn't yet started her life.shr still be pikin na.is cooking, cleaning aand taking care of a child all there is to marriage or being a wife?

That's so unreasonable. She hasn't even gotten into the university. I bet if she gets there and her eyes open she'll start to realise the man took advantage of her vulnerability. How can a girl even help you and the next thing you are bedding her. Na so matured women scarce reach shocked

smh.no self control of any sort. That's looseness na.hiaannn
cococandy: Yea the age barrier is much.
But we can't just rule it as something that will fail.
They have a chance to succeed.
I blame him for sleeping with her already when she's yet to cross the 18th line smiley

But it's good he's not trying to use and discard her.
Once she's past 18,she's of age so she has the right to marry who she wishes to.

I admit the sweetness of the union lies in the fact that she's so pliant and malleable for him now.

Still they have a chance to suceed.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Yes it waz consensual, I never forced her, we talked abt it and planned for it. Before them, she told me she had a boy had sex with her once because she knew I waz avoiding having sex with, whe I finally had sex wit her, I discovered it waz nt true. She apologized and said she does not want me to forget about her. There waz a mutual understanding and agreement in everythin we do. She has never for once felt guilty or that I am exploiting her. Its just like wen you have a gal friend and two of us are getting on very well.
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
simbaddsailor: Yes it waz consensual, I never forced her, we talked abt it and planned for it. Before them, she told me she had a boy had sex with her once because she knew I waz avoiding having sex with, whe I finally had sex wit her, I discovered it waz nt true. She apologized and said she does not want me to forget about her. There waz a mutual understanding and agreement in everythin we do. She has never for once felt guilty or that I am exploiting her. Its just like wen you have a gal friend and two of us are getting on very well.

Okay, but remember the girl as a maid and as a wife are two different people. She seems to want you too from what you have said, talk with her is marriage is what she wants then see her parents and talk with yours, Lots of ladies marry early, keep their homes and careers, Kanu married his wife while she was 18 and they are still happy to date, same with Omotola.

However, I hope you love her beyond cooking and cleaning because when you marry her taste will change and standard will upgrade, I also hope she is not using you as a stepping stone and "Prince Charming" to rescue her from all her problems.

That being said Love and Life is a risk, you are both consenting adults, if you both are happy then I wish you both the best

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Godmystrength: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
simbaddsailor: Yes it waz consensual, I never forced her, we talked abt it and planned for it. Before them, she told me she had a boy had sex with her once because she knew I waz avoiding having sex with, whe I finally had sex wit her, I discovered it waz nt true. She apologized and said she does not want me to forget about her. There waz a mutual understanding and agreement in everythin we do. She has never for once felt guilty or that I am exploiting her. Its just like wen you have a gal friend and two of us are getting on very well.
If this is true, then i bet that the girl knows what she is doing..........What kind of family is she from:average, poor,very poor etc?
And was that time the only time or you guys have had continuous sex?

What does she mean by ''she does not want me to forget about her''

On the other hand, maybe she has noticed your advances and feels that you might send her away if she doesn't allow you have sex with her. She might just be playing along with you just to secure her daily bread and education......

What will she even be calling you? Daddy?
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by cococandy(f): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
You have a good point.
And maybe the OP is still hung up on the effects of his bad marriage. So a good 'innocent' girl seems a prize right now.

But I still think they can succeed.
I know some girls that their husbands trained in school and they are still happily married.
That's why I said if he can let her reach 20 first and should be in school then,she might have gained some wider perspective.
he won't be guilty of marrying a minor.

We all know that age barrier doesn't guarantee success.
If they are good dedicated people,they can make it.

SAMBARRY: A 17 plus girl hasn't yet started her life.shr still be pikin na.is cooking, cleaning aand taking care of a child all there is to marriage or being a wife?

That's so unreasonable. She hasn't even gotten into the university. I bet if she gets there and her eyes open she'll start to realise the man took advantage of her vulnerability. How can a girl even help you and the next thing you are bedding her. Na so matured women scarce reach shocked

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
Try not to get her pregnant so you can do this with a clear mind.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
SAMBARRY: A 17 plus girl hasn't yet started her life.shr still be pikin na.is cooking, cleaning aand taking care of a child all there is to marriage or being a wife?

There is no one size fits all to these issues, some marry early and the marriage succeeds, some marry and it fails, some marry late and well exposed and the marriage fails
The important thing is that both ADULTs are aware of their actions and its consequence

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by pickabeau1: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
i hope so too that they know what is up

cococandy: Yea.
Higher education can give her a whole new perspective.
If he's not careful he'll have the i-trained-you-and-you-are-now-growing-feathers situation on his hands in the near future.

I hope he knows what he's doing.
And I pray he doesn't try to restrict her growth to suit his taste.

It's not even only the OP that needs advice in this case.
The girl needs tons of it.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lobatan.aisha has said it all . curtains closed smiley
aisha2:

Okay, but remember the girl as a maid and as a wife are two different people. She seems to want you too from what you have said, talk with her is marriage is what she wants then see her parents and talk with yours, Lots of ladies marry early, keep their homes and careers, Kanu married his wife while she was 18 and they are still happy to date, same with Omotola.

However, I hope you love her beyond cooking and cleaning because when you marry her taste will change and standard will upgrade, I also hope she is not using you as a stepping stone and "Prince Charming" to rescue her from all her problems.

That being said Love and Life is a risk, you are both consenting adults, if you both are happy then I wish you both the best
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by SAMBARRY: 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
The point is does op know her well enough beyond her cooking and cleaning. So that it's not when she enters university and meet some "big boys and girls" and then she says I have seen one bigger boy and ditch the guy. I hope you understand what am saying
aisha2:

There is no one size fits all to these issues, some marry early and the marriage succeeds, some marry and it fails, some marry late and well exposed and the marriage fails
The important thing is that both ADULTs are aware of their actions and its consequence
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by Archildao: 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2014
@ op going from your previous threads i dnt know wether to beleive you or not.Please try to be consistent with your threads cos there is no uniformity.Today your mother is maltreating you,tommorow you are in love with your maid.Hian!
Re: Abandoned By Wife, Found Love In The Househelp. by simbaddsailor(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2014
Archildao: @ op going from your previous threads i dnt know wether to beleive you or not.Please try to be consistent with your threads cos there is no uniformity.Today your mother is maltreating you,tommorow you are in love with your maid.Hian!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg Okays 16-wk Maternity Leave For Workers / Clear Out The Stretch Marks For Good / One Year But Can't Crawl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.