Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model (38483 Views)

University Of Abuja Lecturer Burst Into Tears After Analyzing This (Photos) / University Of Abuja Girls Struggling To Get Water Due To NASU Strike (see Photos / Eviddy, Tallest Student In The University Of Abuja (Evidence Ebuka) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by bigerboy200: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
rheether:

At 32 you have nothing to show for it.
Chaaaai. ...dere is God ohhh
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by cevek11: 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
Hope its wont be all men screening committee like that Uni-Ilorin lecturer shocked
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by AbuMikey(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
This won't be fair to some people.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by seenter84: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thats d best
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by bdemix(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
OP, you are correct, that is how UniABUJA Operates, This method started 5 years ago, i also benefited from this method #ProudlyUniAbuja

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Ranchhoddas: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
safarigirl:
every University in Nigeria is a glorified secondary school, don't think whatever mushroom institution you attended is any better.

The topic here is the model, which I find very effective, whatever your feelings are concerning the school is your personal problem and shouldn't be applied here. There is something to be learnt from the smallest things
Rubbish. The University of Nigeria is not.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by profnigga(m): 6:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
..see avenue 2 make better money....
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Bonaventura(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mekurexx:
This nonsense school. It was my first choice back then but when I logged on to the school website I realized it hadnt been updated since 2004

And you're crying foul. So that you didn't meet the admission requirement made it a 'nonsense school'? Smh

2 Likes

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by OlujobaSamuel: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
adedayourt:

i think its effective enough, dis ll kip the studnts on der toes right from d strt. . . .
I kindly disagree with it.
that means even if all students strive to beat the standard(2.5), due to the excess admitted, they will raise the standard midway into the game so as to have an ideal population of students for each department.
they shouldn't assume students would fail just because we know there will be academically unfit students.
they should just admit whatever their capacity is, even having an admission letter is not a guarantee that one will finish the program.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Rexyl(m): 7:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
following that example will make those who get admitted sit up and become serious about their academic pursuits. Candidates who meet both Jamb and institution requirements for admission must be offered admission, but must also be reminded the challenge ahead, 100 level on probation after which whoever falls below the expectation is automatically dropped.

No need selling forms for non existing vacancies which is fraud or corruption and couldn't in anyway make the system progress.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by kaboninc(m): 7:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
safarigirl:
Any University outside the top 1000 in the world is a glorified secondary school. Most Nigerians are just in denial, it's okay to be in denial smiley

I suppose its based on your criteria. Your defined criteria.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mekurexx:
This nonsense school. It was my first choice back then but when I logged on to the school website I realized it hadnt been updated since 2004

Forget name bro. Uniabuja is one of the worst Federal Uni in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by phemybof(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
UniAbuja own even better n small
Unilorin uses 3.00 for medcin/Engineering and 1.5cGPA for others and every section til you finished.

If you heard FACE-TANKE, nah expell/rustica... be that
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
do dey pay d 100level sch fee?
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by An0nimus: 7:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Howmon:
This model is flawed, you withhold admission letter illegally after jamb must have issued it, allow the student pay tuition for 2 semesters, then if he/she has a CGPA of 2.4 you expel him/her, the school should just wait to hear from my lawyer. #Nonsense

Thank you for pointing this out. After the oral tests how many people are given 'admission'?. If the numbers are much (probably to make money off acceptance and other fees) how does the available facilities cater to that high number of students. It's a messed up model. Why can't they just call it a predegree programme instead? its no different from one. What's wrong with admitting students based on their performance in JAMB and/or PUME?

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by nickxtra(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Na lie. nor b university where I school?
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by MartinsIfeco1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
compare and contrast your comment with that of safarigirl's.
Its very obvious and conscupious that she is learned and well behave while your case is pathetic and miserable.
Old lazy woman berra go get a life.
And please never you reply me or quote me back or else i call lightning to strike ya lazy illiterate ass.
Scoundrel.
#nitwit#
Rule no.9
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by ashewoboy(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
Safarigirl have CUM again. You believe so much in your opinion. I too know dey worry you. Sheeee you dey 1st class sha? You brag about your intelligence too much here.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2016
cool
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by saintdennis(m): 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2016
Howmon:
This model is flawed, you withhold admission letter illegally after jamb must have issued it, allow the student pay tuition for 2 semesters, then if he/she has a CGPA of 2.4 you expel him/her, the school should just wait to hear from my lawyer. #Nonsense

Your lawyer will inform you that you signed their entry form by yourself.

I'm sure it's contained in their prospectus, ANYTHING in the prospectus is binding on students.

ALSO it's in uniben prospectus that u must attain a certain gpa to move to the next level.

uniben also conducts a sort of result screening (o'level, jamb, post-ume). As well as admission list check(of the admitted set against class list). In 300level(or penultimate year)! Then paste the result in 400lvl (or the depts final year)

Uniben will wait to inform studens that THEY ARE NOT STUDENTS in the year they're supposed to graduate! After spending on skul fees, skul books, accommodation n feeding + flexing for 3 n half years they are told they were given:
*fake admission *their o'level isn't suitable 4 d course they are in *ONE/TWO grades are different etc.

Yet they can't complain cos it's ALL IN THE PROSPECTUS.

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by TITOBIGZ(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2016
bdemix:
OP, you are correct, that is how UniABUJA Operates, This method started 5 years ago, i also benefited from this method #ProudlyUniAbuja

How the skul be?
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by dayowunmi(m): 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
The old post utme screening exercise that was canceled was mostly due to it being used to exploit innocent students. This Uniabuja model will even make the exploitation of innocent students to be more massive. The last utme screening exercise, you just pay for registration, you do the exam and you know your fate,this one, you enter school, pay school fees and acceptance which cannot be less than 70k I guess, secure accommodation and do all the other registrations, and in 200level you also pay for school fees, and at the end you might be sent packing. How's that a good model? It's just a massive scam to exploit people and squeeze money out of them. Corrupt lecturers will make money like anything, they start selling marks to students, and those with fear of not making it and even those who could make it will not feel easy and will go and pay... Its not good abeg

5 Likes

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by SlimShaddy10(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
missuniverse:
This approach should be adopted by UNIPORT,a school with large population and limited classrooms

admitting more than they can accommodate

Lolz you must be a unique student of ph
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by safarigirl(f): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Rubbish. The University of Nigeria is not.
everybody thinks his father's farm is the biggest.

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by BABANGBALI: 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
I hate schooling. God punish the person dat broughted education to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by Ranchhoddas: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2016
safarigirl:
everybody thinks his father's farm is the biggest.
There are schools in the US, Britain and other advanced countries that are not in the top 1000, are they also glorified secondary schools? Use your number 6. No be anybody fault say you go bad school. The University of Nigeria Nsukka is NOT a glorified secondary school. The facts speak for themselves.

1 Like

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by safarigirl(f): 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I kindly disagree with it.
that means even if all students strive to beat the standard(2.5), due to the excess admitted, they will raise the standard midway into the game so as to have an ideal population of students for each department.
they shouldn't assume students would fail just because we know there will be academically unfit students.
they should just admit whatever their capacity is, even having an admission letter is not a guarantee that one will finish the program.
they admit the allowed capacity.

This year, they didn't admit students in Law and Accounting, what that meant was anyone who wasn't aware of that and applied those courses were sent to other depaetments like Pol Science, Bus. Ad and Sociology.

They tell you what you're getting into from the beginning, you're well aware that you have to reach 2.5 to go through.

91 students were admitted into medicine last session, by the end of the session only 40 remained.
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by jadyclem(m): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
dis model by uniabuja is really crappy. how can u allow smone waste his/her time and money with no hope of securing admission in d end? and some pple a here hailing d model. between dis one and post utme which one come dey more costly? it's so obvious dat Nigerians love and applaud backwardness and dat is what d mallam education minister has just started by cancelling post utme. studying d course of your dream will be surer with post utme Dan with jamb.....just saying

2 Likes

Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by safarigirl(f): 8:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
There are schools in the US, Britain and other advanced countries that are not in the top 1000, are they also glorified secondary schools? Use your number 6. No be anybody fault say you go bad school. The University of Nigeria Nsukka is NOT a glorified secondary school. The facts speak for themselves.
Law Faculty of the University of Abuja is one o the best law faculties in the country. The facts speak for themselves

So, even if the rest of the faculties are bad, that faculty is not. So bros, I no go bad school. The best place to study law is right in the seat of power where you get easy access to movers and shakers of the legal world in Nigeria.

Our facilities are currently going through a total upgrade, our VC has ensured the school doesn't go through another strike action for at least the new four years. Give it another three years and you won't have a bad word to say about University of Abuja unlike old glory schools

Yes, those schools outside top 1000 in US are also glorified secondary schools, do you assume every school in the West is world class?

You can tell yourself whatever you want sha, whatever makes you feel better, the world still won't rate you smiley
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by docmoses(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
safarigirl:
they admit the allowed capacity.

This year, they didn't admit students in Law and Accounting, what that meant was anyone who wasn't aware of that and applied those courses were sent to other depaetments like Pol Science, Bus. Ad and Sociology.

They tell you what you're getting into from the beginning, you're well aware that you have to reach 2.5 to go through.

91 students were admitted into medicine last session, by the end of the session only 40 remained.
. How far is medicine acrediated?
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by dayo23(f): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
lol.....is uniabuja still a university? just settle and u are done
Re: POST-UTME Screening Exercise: The University Of Abuja Model by safarigirl(f): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
jadyclem:
dis model by uniabuja is really crappy. how can u allow smone waste his/her time and money with no hope of securing admission in d end? and some pple a here hailing d model. between dis one and post utme which one come dey more costly? it's so obvious dat Nigerians love and applaud backwardness and dat is what d mallam education minister has just started by cancelling post utme. studying d course of your dream will be surer with post utme Dan with jamb.....just saying
the model is no different from going through remedial to get admission, difference being it's nowhere as expensive as rems, but they carry same risk.

Whoever gave you that bull that studying the course of your dreams will be easier with post ume....many people have gotten 280 in JAMB and 250/400 in Post UME and didn't get the course they applied for, some people get less and get the course. Is that what you think is fair?

Many people make mistakes and fail Post UME, not because they don't know these things, but circumstances beyond their control. Is that fair? These same people if given that admission are the ones hitting 4.0 after first year.

So no, your idea of post UME being better is what is flawed. Post UME gives you just one chance, if you flop, you wait another year. This model gives you two semesters to boost a GP with expo on how to even answer questions.

How can you even say Post UME is better? E be like say you never apply Medicine before only for them to give you Botany after Post UME

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / 15-Year-Old Boy Sent Home From School Over This Hairstyle In West Midlands / BREAKING NEWS: Judge Rules In Favour Of Jambites Against Jamb And Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.