Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! (4060 Views)

Federal Civil Service Recruitment Application 2017/2018 / I Desperately Need A Job, Not After The Pay / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
Of course, Federal Civil Service is notable for one thing....."Peanut Salary" compared to most Agencies and Parastatals, but this is my experience thus far in the Federal Ministry of Water Resources:

1. Welfare Packages: Christmas, Easter and Sallah welfare packages are given to staff and it is mainly monetized

2. Trainings: it can be either Ministry training or schedule related training, and they come with monetary package

3. Trips within/outside Nigeria: this are trips made on duty to designated locations either to get informations or perform certain task.....the DTA (duty tour allowance) is usually fat!

4. Events/Workshop/Conferences hosted by Ministry: most of the key players (e.g Ushers, Secretariat, ......etc) are gotten from the Ministry and of course, they will be paid at the end of the program

5. Sport Club: Each Ministry have a sport club that represents it during inter-ministry games. You can make few bucks from engaging in them and fatter bucks if it requires travelling.

6. Overtime: In events such as budget preparations or official duty that require you to spend extra hours in the office, you get a renumeration for it.

And lastly

7. Gifts from Senior officers/ Management staffs: there is reward for serving the top shots well in Ministry.....and it is beyond MEASURE and UNQUANTIFIABLE compared to others.

So with these 7 points, a good year is a year that has at least 3 of these.....and add that to the annual salary and you'll have a good take home when divided by 12

I don't know if these are obtainable in Agencies and Parastatals but a faithful Federal Civil Servant has no complaint if he goes to work regularly and stays humble. I'm sure there are other things I didn't mention, feel free to add.............................
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by Xtaceeey: 8:35pm On Jun 07, 2016
So what's d total package from point 1 - 7? How much so we can compare bcuz owo ni koko.

To me, the advantage is just d security and freedom. It's not challenging!!

2 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
Civil Service jobs are redundant, non tasking , and are not subject to performance review. So i am not surprised most people like it.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
Xtaceeey:
So what's d total package from point 1 - 7? How much so we can compare bcuz owo ni koko.

To me, the advantage is just d security and freedom. It's not challenging!!

Challenging or multi-tasking as obtainable in private job. ? Government limits you to a schedule quite alright, but a wise person will use his time wisely to learn other things. Owo? Minimum of 4 zeroes in all cases
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Civil Service jobs are redundant, non tasking , and are not subject to performance review. So i am not surprised most people like it.

Those are views you hear from outside. I assure you there is plenty of work to be done, but are subject to approval from above. Trust me, each work sumitted (in a file or mail) has monetary value that's why it is scrutinized and most times not approved hence leaving the Officers with nothing to do. That in itself is not redundancy....and performance review? It is a criteria for promotion so it is very much in the Service.
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by abtywo(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
OP do u work in ministry of water resources help me I need a job.
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
abtywo:
OP do u work in ministry of water resources help me I need a job.

Recruitment for senior staffs on Grade Level 07-and above (HND and above) is done only by Federal Civil Service Commission subject to "regulations"

Junior Staffs on grade level 06 and below (OND and SSCE) are employed by the Ministry.

So I can't help you. Follow due process and pray.
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by fashoo2010(m): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
brytandre:
Of course, Federal Civil Service is notable for one thing....."Peanut Salary" compared to most Agencies and Parastatals, but this is my experience thus far in the Federal Ministry of Water Resources:

1. Welfare Packages: Christmas, Easter and Sallah welfare packages are given to staff and it is mainly monetized

2. Trainings: it can be either Ministry training or schedule related training, and they come with monetary package

3. Trips within/outside Nigeria: this are trips made on duty to designated locations either to get informations or perform certain task.....the DTA (duty tour allowance) is usually fat!

4. Events/Workshop/Conferences hosted by Ministry: most of the key players (e.g Ushers, Secretariat, ......etc) are gotten from the Ministry and of course, they will be paid at the end of the program

5. Sport Club: Each Ministry have a sport club that represents it during inter-ministry games. You can make few bucks from engaging in them and fatter bucks if it requires travelling.

6. Overtime: In events such as budget preparations or official duty that require you to spend extra hours in the office, you get a renumeration for it.

And lastly

7. Gifts from Senior officers/ Management staffs: there is reward for serving the top shots well in Ministry.....and it is beyond MEASURE and UNQUANTIFIABLE compared to others.

So with these 7 points, a good year is a year that has at least 3 of these.....and add that to the annual salary and you'll have a good take home when divided by 12

I don't know if these are obtainable in Agencies and Parastatals but a faithful Federal Civil Servant has no complaint if he goes to work regularly and stays humble. I'm sure there are other things I didn't mention, feel free to add.............................
nice one...but is there a way u can help someone to get d civil service job?
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2016
fashoo2010:
nice one...but is there a way u can help someone to get d civil service job?

Go to Federal Civil Service Commission, you'll get the best info there if you have HND or B.Sc
Or come directly to the Ministry if you have OND and SSCE
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by nurez305(m): 12:18am On Jun 08, 2016
I need someon to assist me with any federal job, and I promise to share my salary 50/50 with person for a year....i will appreciate if anyone can assist me on that

Thank you
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by nurez305(m): 12:22am On Jun 08, 2016
brytandre:

Go to Federal Civil Service Commission, you'll get the best info there if you have HND or B.Sc
Or come directly to the Ministry if you have OND and SSCE
pleasw how can one get to federal civil service commission...becos I'm in lag not abuja

Thank you
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by jesuspikinjp(m): 12:41am On Jun 08, 2016
So Nigeria have ministry of water resources ? we can't even get clean and regular water supply in the country.
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
nurez305:
pleasw how can one get to federal civil service commission...becos I'm in lag not abuja

Thank you

Try online or get someone to help you here. Google it to get their site
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 7:33am On Jun 08, 2016
jesuspikinjp:
So Nigeria have ministry of water resources ? we can't even get clean and regular water supply in the country.

I do believe you have a State Ministry of Water Resources or water board where u reside......forward your complaints to the Authorities, it will be sorted out....

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 7:34am On Jun 08, 2016
nurez305:
I need someon to assist me with any federal job, and I promise to share my salary 50/50 with person for a year....i will appreciate if anyone can assist me on that

Thank you

I believe you deserve your 100%.......You'll get the job soon. Find a way to apply and pray

3 Likes

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by nurez305(m): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2016
brytandre:

Try online or get someone to help you here. Google it to get their site
thank you sir
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by abtywo(m): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
brytandre:

Recruitment for senior staffs on Grade Level 07-and above (HND and above) is done only by Federal Civil Service Commission subject to "regulations"

Junior Staffs on grade level 06 and below (OND and SSCE) are employed by the Ministry.

So I can't help you. Follow due process and pray.
Tanx OP. I have a B. Tech in SLT n I av submitted my credentials and CV at FCSC. Now looking unto God

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
abtywo:

Tanx OP. I have a B. Tech in SLT n I av submitted my credentials and CV at FCSC. Now looking unto God

You will be called soon by God's grace........best of favour bro
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by fotadmowmend(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
I am more interested .... how can I submit my cv

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by jesuspikinjp(m): 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
brytandre:

I do believe you have a State Ministry of Water Resources or water board where u reside......forward your complaints to the Authorities, it will be sorted out....

which authority ? you make me laugh me, i believe you have a borehole in your own house or it is the so called water resources ministry that supplies your daily water need at home?
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by Heineken(m): 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2016
Op you're a very good guy.. Not selfish. May God bless you.. I also collected form from fcsc immediately after my service last year.. Till now nothing. I have a number written atop my form.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

which authority ? you make me laugh me, i believe you have a borehole in your own house or it is the so called water resources ministry that supplies your daily water need at home?

FCT Water board supplies my area CLEAN and PORTABLE water for multi-usage and we get billed for it. Those drilling borehole do it at their own risk as their suckaways drains into the ground water from which their bore-holes get Water.....
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Heineken:
Op you're a very good guy.. Not selfish. May God bless you.. I also collected form from fcsc immediately after my service last year.. Till now nothing. I have a number written atop my form.

Feel free to go to FCSC and ask the status of things.......sometimes it is good to renew your application 'cos of change of Government. Don't be discouraged dude....it usually takes time.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by jesuspikinjp(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2016
brytandre:

FCT Water board supplies my area CLEAN and PORTABLE water for multi-usage and we get billed for it. Those drilling borehole do it at their own risk as their suckaways drains into the ground water from which their bore-holes get Water.....

good on you for that, but what about majority of Nigerian who don't live in FCT, and no water board cares to supply them with clean and portable water like you even though they are also willing to pay the bills, if you leave FCT today and visit some other parts of the country you will see how people suffer to get water,i believe not even all part of FCT enjoy this regular water supply like you do,some still buy water from these mai ruwa hawking around or dig their own boreholes, you mentioned that those drilling boreholes do it at their own risk does government gives them any choice ? the answer is no cuz no sane person would like to drill borehole at his backyard if he gets regular water supply and i believe it is dearer to maintain these boreholes than paying for water bill, people do this cuz they have no choice just like we use generator for our power supply
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by brytandre(m): 6:46am On Jun 09, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

good on you for that, but what about majority of Nigerian who don't live in FCT, and no water board cares to supply them with clean and portable water like you even though they are also willing to pay the bills, if you leave FCT today and visit some other parts of the country you will see how people suffer to get water,i believe not even all part of FCT enjoy this regular water supply like you do,some still buy water from these mai ruwa hawking around or dig their own boreholes, you mentioned that those drilling boreholes do it at their own risk does government gives them any choice ? the answer is no cuz no sane person would like to drill borehole at his backyard if he gets regular water supply and i believe it is dearer to maintain these boreholes than paying for water bill, people do this cuz they have no choice just like we use generator for our power supply

You are very right and I respect your stand. It is the top priority of the Ministry in the budget. We hope it is implemented soon.........

But please drilling of borehole is not a safe choice, unless the person can afford the huge cost of treating the water to the safest quality.

1 Like

Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by Goldpeas(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2016
abtywo:

how did you submit your credentials and CV??
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by abtywo(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
Goldpeas:

how did you submit your credentials and CV??
Somebody help me with d form n I submitted it through him.
Re: Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! by Somrosy1: 2:28pm On Jan 25
Please after submission of cv and getting a file number to fcsc what next?

(1) (Reply)

Ibedc Test Invite / Interview With Crownford. Any Info About Them? / Massive Ongoing Recruitment At Konga Online Marketplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.