Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? (23087 Views)

New CBN Policy; Banks Now Charge N50 Monthly For Debit Cards? / Pls Help Is it Safe To Invest My School Fees On MMM? / Banks Now Charge #100 /#105 For Fund Transfer Within Same Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Ximonak: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2016
annnikky:

This happened to me cos I ordered six different shoes in konga n they charged me each #750 n d most annoying part of it was d@ I orderer a sandal of size 39 n they delivered size 40 n I've already laid a complained to d seller n Konga, they promised to swap it buh still waiting 4 them to fulfil their promise

I always wonder if they think we are fools,
I do use my account to buy clothes and gadgets for people in my company.

I will order for female/male cloths/shoes with the size shown in their website, they will bring most times bigger size(did they want us to start shaping the shoe if we can do that for some cloths) because their return time is so frustrating. You will call and call for your items after returning the item(wrong size they sent to you) to their outlet, sometimes months.

I just reduced ordering cloths / shoes because of that
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2016
danxzy:
pls how do u shop online? i have try so many ways but to no avail.
i even try if i can chat with them like YUDALA always do but to no avail

Read a comprehensive and simple step by step guide on how to shop online on Jumia here

http://highteknology.com/2015/05/how-to-shop-online-on-jumia.html

Or how to shop online on Konga here with image illustrations to further simply the process

http://highteknology.com/2014/08/how-to-shop-online-on-konga.html
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2016
firstolalekan:
[s][/s]
Rubbish!
Is that the reason they stopped the consolidation method that was on b4?
Who doesn't know that there are different merchants for items? They usually even state it when you check the details of them item.
There is no excuse to this nonsense!
Bar man give this very dude big bottle of cold Orijin. People ranting here don't just know what customer satisfaction is all about or have no good idea of businesses that involve logistics
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bgunrtk(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2016
Try dipdiscount and thank me later.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by annnikky(f): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2016
Ximonak:

I always wonder if they think we are fools,
I do use my account to buy clothes and gadgets for people in my company.

I will order for female/male cloths/shoes with the size shown in their website, they will bring most times bigger size(did they want us to start shaping the shoe if we can do that for some cloths) because their return time is so frustrating. You will call and call for your items after returning the item(wrong size they sent to you) to their outlet, sometimes months.

I just reduced ordering cloths / shoes because of that
Even if u call their customer care too many protocols to follow angry
I told them point blank d@ never will i order anything from there cos they dnt know hw to treat a customer. I just pray they fufil there promise to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Ximonak: 11:07am On Jun 09, 2016
annnikky:

Even if u call their customer care too many protocols to follow angry
I told them point blank d@ never will i order anything from there cos they dnt know hw to treat a customer. I just pray they fufil there promise to me.

They will, but it's your credit that will suffer, sometimes I just convert the money to buy another item for someone else not clothes because the real owner is tired of waiting, then refund the money to the real owner
So try buying another item with the money
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lalaboi(m): 11:09am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Are all the items on Jumia sold by Jumia?

No.

If Jumia also have a self fulfill option for sellers then it is certainly going to be the same thing.

If they dont, it means that your orders will be delivered at separate intervals or reach their various pick up points at separate times.

Its bad for Jumia this way because they spend more to deliver more than one items for a buyer.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by annnikky(f): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Ximonak:

They will, but it's your credit that will suffer, sometimes I just convert the money to buy another item for someone else not clothes because the real owner is tired of waiting, then refund the money to the real owner
My dear d fact is d@ am still with d sandal, d dispatcher gave d seller's no., I've called her already n told her about it n she gave me a date buh didn't c them d@ day n now she dnt pick my calls.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2016
dont u no that the economic is somehw. what they realy charge u is d delivery price,,... before delivery is free before. buh due to the increase of fuel.. everytin ave realy turn around.. and they item u purchase was a market place item.. .. konga will just ave to charge u on the delivery of the item...... rember they are not the real owner of the item.. if u sshop in jumia they will only charge u 3oo naira on any item u purchase fashion.and other small gm.... while large item u pay through web pay and transefr,. larger item will be charge depending on the item u purchase......so jumia is the best place.. to shop... bro try and see u wount regret shopping in jumia...
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2016
most of the item prchase on jumia is market place.. if u see jumia first.. is jumia item.. and is more cheap that market place.. market place item are item owned bythe merchant.. the mean ing of merchant are sller that want to selll there item therough jumia web site
lalaboi:

No.

If Jumia also have a self fulfill option for sellers then it is certainly going to be the same thing.

If they dont, it means that your orders will be delivered at separate intervals or reach their various pick up points at separate times.

Its bad for Jumia this way because they spend more to deliver more than one items for a buyer.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by mrmofasa(m): 11:48am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

Exactly why I stopped using Konga. Plus they have terrible service too. . .
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by brainbox2014(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

If you're interested in buying just gadgets and accessories, just head for Yes Mobile (www.yesmobile.ng) straight up. They offer free delivery within Lagos and have the best prices.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Skmoda360(m): 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

When you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios
you're so right.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
lady nobody is mis-informing anybody here and it is not today that we started shopping on Konga. Formerly it wasn't so and that is the point here
back then that "it wasn't so", konga was doing free delivery, only it sellers were charging delivery fee of only N500 within lagos and N1000 outside lagos. but u may not notice because the shipping price was lower and most people prefer to buy directly from konga.
it has always been so from the beginning. and shipping cost more than that, but the remaining fee that customer should have paid, konga was paying it and even on behalf of it seller.
But of course they cant be doing that permanently, dollar increased, fuel price increased and a company has to stop running on loss, so free shipping was put on hold.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by annnikky(f): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
Ximonak:

I'll still try again

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by vezycash(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2016
Kindly take a 5-min survey for research on online shopping (Amazon, eBay...). https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HVCu1YGCqm6xy7bjWw7NZbtUhHb0crU6DO-lDr3p-Xs/viewform

Thanks
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
dont u no that the economic is somehw. what they realy charge u is d delivery price,,... before delivery is free before. buh due to the increase of fuel.. everytin ave realy turn around.. and they item u purchase was a market place item.. .. konga will just ave to charge u on the delivery of the item...... rember they are not the real owner of the item.. if u sshop in jumia they will only charge u 3oo naira on any item u purchase fashion.and other small gm.... while large item u pay through web pay and transefr,. larger item will be charge depending on the item u purchase......so jumia is the best place.. to shop... bro try and see u wount regret shopping in jumia...
for your mind abi.. be rubbishing another person company angry
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
grin grin grin grin ;Dhummm shebi usaw my pm.. u didnt reply me abi..... ur nmber is not going.. what happen..
booqee:
for your mind abi.. be rubbishing another person company angry
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by RGem(f): 1:09pm On Jun 09, 2016
whizqueen:

Just imagine what you're doing and you're happy about it undecided
When you notice the delivery fee and you weren't OK with it why did you ask him to come?
Its people like your that frustrate someone's hustle and take online shopping as a joke undecided

Or you think it's robots that is doing the job?

You can imagine. As if all the items he ordered were from one single seller. Some buyers can be annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2016
booqee:
back then that "it wasn't so", konga was doing free delivery, only it sellers were charging delivery fee of only N500 within lagos and N1000 outside lagos. but u may not notice because the shipping price was lower and most people prefer to buy directly from konga.
it has always been so from the beginning. and shipping cost more than that, but the remaining fee that customer should have paid, konga was paying it and even on behalf of it seller.
But of course they cant be doing that permanently, dollar increased, fuel price increased and a company has to stop running on loss, so free shipping was put on hold.
do you know what is consolidation of items in freighting business realm and the advantages it offers and also on why many shoppers prefer it?
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 1:43pm On Jun 09, 2016
RGem:

You can imagine. As if all the items he ordered were from one single seller. Some buyers can be annoying.
You are no business lady and you absolutely knows nothing about logistics businesses and how to leverage on consolidated freight in order to offer your customers best services and keep them drooling and coming back to buy more, that is why you think Konga is offering best service by that random madness that they recently introduced

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by blank(f): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
Doesn't Amazon charge delivery separately?
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Kobicove(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2016
Must you come here and run a company down?! angry

Every company has it's own business model.

If the charges are unacceptable to you then I suggest you go elsewhere and stop creating an issue where there is none.

...or better still go set up your own online shopping business and offer free delivery let's see how long you will last

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by dominique(f): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2016
danxzy:
pls how do u shop online? i have try so many ways but to no avail.
i even try if i can chat with them like YUDALA always do but to no avail

You can send me a pm In case you want to order from Jumia. I'll be glad to assist you.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Mackson01: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
If you are buying from different supplier on Konga, they will charge differently for delivery. It has always been their method on Konga and their delivery take a whole week. Jumia & Dealdey is the best
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by oikelomen(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
i still Prefer konga to jumia.. imagine I wanted to place an order for a small refrigerator on jumia,, the delivery fee was 13,000 naira... why konga brought that same fridge to my doorstep for a 1000 naira... so decide the online mall you want.. not coming here to cast konga.

undecidedi still Prefer konga to jumia.. imagine I wanted to place an order for a small refrigerator on jumia,, the delivery fee was 13,000 naira... why konga brought that same fridge to my doorstep for a 1000 naira... so decide the online mall you want.. not coming here to cast konga.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
do you know what is consolidation of items in freighting business realm and the advantages it offers and also on why many shoppers prefer it?
ok
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by 2kurupt(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
All those giving excuses of different sellers really got me puzzled. I've patronized konga severally since mid 2014, and delivery fees were consolidated despite the seller being merchant or konga. But since late last year their delivery policy has been shet

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by carlzy: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
charlsecy:
I stay in Nkpor in Idemili North Local Government (LG), an Onitsha suburb.

Delivery to any location in Idemili North from Konga is billed at N3,000. So what I do to reduce the charge to N1,000 is I choose Onitsha North or South as my LG, but still use my Nkpor (Idemili North) address. On the final address which is printed on the invoice, LG doesn't appear, just my Nkpor address.
Good for you. As for me, there is no shortcut around the 3k standard shipping fee. Whenever I attempt to ship even a tooth pick from Konga to Benin city, I get the 3k shipping fee. Although, I have always avoided that by ordering from Jumia instead.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by RGem(f): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
You are no business lady and you absolutely knows nothing about logistics businesses and how to leverage on consolidated freight in order to offer your customers best services and keep them drooling and coming back to buy more, that is why you think Konga is offering best service by that random madness that they recently introduced

You are no business man. Am a Seller on Kaymu and I know what it takes to have your items returned because of unserious buyers.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2016
2kurupt:
All those giving excuses of different sellers really got me puzzled. I've patronized konga severally since mid 2014, and delivery fees were consolidated despite the seller being merchant or konga. But since late last year their delivery policy has been shet
Please sound it to their ears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World / How Can I Get To Togo From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.