Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (77088 Views)

FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by gloryman91: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
Make I see who go come chop this like sure-p money, jail straight.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by byko99: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2016
I can take up this program only if I can use it to obtain loan from bank, that means bank will give me money upfront and be taking the pay,I can use the money for something while I will still be attending school to avoid termination
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by eph12(m): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lytech:

Wise up bro...
The pay is just a bonus...
You only need to double ur hustle...
Gbam### think
Double your hustle lol
I hear you
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by hero2000: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
Desyree:
what kind of training lasts for 2 years? after the two years training what's next? Graduate to be paid 23,000 naira per month? they just want to indirectly recruit graduates with low pay. they don't have the guts to open up to the masses so they disguised it as training

No wonder you are asking such questions.
Why not read it all over again?
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Skseries: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
jamoskky:
Besides their monthly take home pay estimated at about N23,000, the selected 500,000 graduates will also get computer devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development. They get to keep the devices even after exiting from the programme.

N23,000?
some contract staff in banks earns 30k with payment delay slf so wot are u saying
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Vince77(m): 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2016
adioolayi:
Not like the dubious SURE-P

Why do u tink dis one wont be dubious too?

Una too dey trust. Na d tin wey dey painment me b dat.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Davvymavvy(f): 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
[/quote][/s]
profolaolu:
Has hatred blinded ur comprehension or U just read d heading n start criticing.

K.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by mira4u: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2016
Better than giving only 5000 naira to few people monthly.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

The amount is small but it gets 600,000 people engaged. It is not about the pay.

It also gives them knowledge in farming and ICT that can be applied independently of government help... The main benefit is the skills which is often lacking amongst graduates not the money.
bros, there's no sense for a university graduate to leave a better paying and definitely more supportive teaching job in a private school to slave for 23k in a temporary government work, even the youth service pays more than this if you consider both the state and federal allowances. we already have an over supply of farmers and website designers, what we need are serious farming loans and constant electricity, this government is confused and propandist to a fault.

4 Likes

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by babajeje123(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
eph12:
Just fix electricity for us Mr President and we will continue from there.
Your head dey there sir. Thid is the best solution to unemployment in Nigeria. If this done, companies will spend less on alternatives to power, hence they'll be able to recruit more hands. Businesses that require power will also thrive. I don't see this plan succeed as it will soon be hijacked by cabals

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
Davvymavvy:

You should have noticed that I was specific about the teaching scheme. Aside that, others are laudable because they are vocations, you get yourself established after the training.

What's wisdom in the 23k? With the current inflation, t.fare, food, recharge cards, house rents unforseen contingencies and other miscellaneous expenses? What would you have left? Nothing joor!!!
Bro,the pay na gift...
We r talking of govt job here...
Na to just double ur hustle ...
Biko### just think man
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Skseries: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
anybody faulting this programs is a lazy hyp. all I need is a 3month thorough php training wit my HTML and CSS skill plus a dual core processor laptop wit 2gb of data per month. and within a year I will begin to employ ppl. let's forget it we youth are just lazy and wanna be spoon fed. if bill gate. jobs, mark and seun had our mentality they won't be where they are today.

4 Likes

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
babajeje123:

Your head dey there sir. Thid is the best solution to unemployment in Nigeria. If this done, companies will spend less on alternatives to power, hence they'll be able to recruit more hands. Businesses that require power will also thrive. I don't see this plan succeed as it will soon be hijacked by cabals
See you...
Fixing of electricity will only encourage self employment,not that it will encourage company to employ people...
When there is electricity,companies will prefer to use machine rather than man power...
I neva say fixing electricity is bad idea oooo
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by podoski1981(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2016
D youths arise n lets build a new nigeria!kudos to d federal govt for dis initiative,thouth it wont b easy as narated bt i beliv its possible
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2016
Skseries:
so u rather they seat at home like u do? and come on nairaland hourly to help seun make money ? lolzzzzzzzzzzzz dude u amaze me ooo
please tackle the message and leave the messenger alone, I'm gainfully employed but I'll rather work in my farm as a university graduate than apply for this propaganda scam. i can even make far more than this working as a Mason or even a manual labourer in a construction site.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
Skseries:
some contract staff in banks earns 30k with payment delay slf so wot are u saying
Are you part of the contract staff?
Are the contract staff up to 100,000?
And you also forgt some people work and earn less than 15k monthly...
Learn to appreciate thing bro
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by cyberguy72(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2016
KillerFrost:
Why do we Nigerians see everything from the negative aspect? angry
This is a good initiative.. You should be commending the government rather than doing otherwise
So he shouldnt express his fears.You think say name zombie like u.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by nobeku: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
iamauxin:
If you believe this....you can always believe anything.
Yeah,the way you believed your mum's man friend is your dad...
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by tbaba1234: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
abouzaid:
bros, there's no sense for a university graduate to leave a better paying and definitely more supportive teaching job in a private school to slave for 23k in a temporary government work, even the youth service pays more than this if you consider both the state and federal allowances. we already have an over supply of farmers and website designers, what we need are serious farming loans and constant electricity, this government is confused and propandist to a fault.

You are getting paid to learn skills and contribute to the country's development by transferring those skills to those that need it. The Nigerian economy as it stands can not generate these jobs. It keeps people engaged and offer them opportunities to learn vital skills that can be applied in other areas.

Loans for farmers, market women and artisans will soon be launched. The government has already thought of that.

We do not have an over supply of ICT skills or farmers.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Davvymavvy(f): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lytech:

Bro,the pay na gift...
We r talking of govt job here...
Na to just double ur hustle ...
Biko### just think man

I'm aware it's a government job, they have to factor in a lot of things. We should not make excuse for the government, they are not doing us any favour. Make favourable policies for people or you resign citing incompetence as your reason. Lol @double your hustle, yes you are right but certainly on something that's worth the stress.

NB: I'm not making any case for myself, it's not pride, by God's grace, I have gone passed that level

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by babajeje123(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lytech:

See you...
Fixing of electricity will only encourage self employment,not that it will encourage company to employ people...
When there is electricity,companies will prefer to use machine rather than man power...
I neva say fixing electricity is bad idea oooo
You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. What is the essence of a training when the tools needed after it are not available? What becomes of the trainees at the end of the program? Bro, the end of a matter is better than its beginning
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by frenchboy(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2016
FG recruiting 10000. You will be the first to badmouth it. But u will appl. FG star recruitment of graduate teachers. U will bad mouth it but first to apply. FG 5k to unemployed youths. U will b d first to apply....then u come on facebook preaching biafra. Who is deceiving who....
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Davvymavvy:

I'm aware it's a government job, they have to factor in a lot of things. We should not make excuse for the government, they are not doing us any favour. Make favourable policies for people or you resign citing incompetence as your reason. Lol @double your hustle, yes you are right but certainly on something that's worth the stress.

NB: I'm not making any case for myself, it's not pride, by God's grace, I have gone passed that level
Nice one!!!
Bt remember,some people are living below this 23k monthly...
We appreciate the govt for doing this
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

You are getting paid to learn skills and contribute to the country's development by transferring those skills to those that need it. The Nigerian economy as it stands can not generate these jobs. It keeps people engaged and offer them opportunities to learn vital skills that can be applied in other areas.

Loans for farmers, market women and artisans will soon be launched. The government has already thought of that.

We do not have an over supply of ICT skills or farmers.
sorry bro, it would only breed ghost workers, anybody that wants a better paying teaching job can easily get so why apply for this? for saying that we don't have an over supply of farmers, then you need to pay a visit to the north, what we need is loans with reasonable interest rates, anambra and Lagos alone can supply all our website designers so please we need something else.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by shaddoww: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2016
Sunnypar:
What happened after two years? Why not modify Sure-P to save resources and absorb the current Sure-P graduates.? #23,000 for a graduate that would feed, shelter and proceed for further education, what's the aim after two years, they go back to the labour market...... angry angry angry. Graduates, right? NCE na graduate.
Meanwhile, banks are threatening to collect some senators houses because of their inability to pay back the #300million naira loan for campaign and I begged for just 140,000 for my small poultry farm they asked for some crazy collecteral.
Come to think of it, 23,000 naira for 2years..... Some contract staff in bank earn 30,000. I am game.
I think for a fresh graduate who still stays with his parents, it's a big deal cos he can take a two year loan n sponsor himself for masters programme while also doing dis job. I know I will enjoy d fruit of my vote.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Tiobi84: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
Dead on arrival
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lytech:

Nice one!!!
Bt remember,some people are living below this 23k monthly...
We appreciate the govt for doing this
any graduate living below 23k per month doesn't trust his or her capability to teach.you can easily make double that amount from teaching school and extra mural lessons.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by deloon(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2016
KillerFrost:
Why do we Nigerians see everything from the negative aspect? angry
This is a good initiative.. You should be commending the government rather than doing otherwise
It's too early to commend the government. We know how they do.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by tbaba1234: 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
abouzaid:
sorry bro, it would only breed ghost workers, anybody that wants a better paying teaching job can easily get so why apply for this? for saying that we don't have an over supply of farmers, then you need to pay a visit to the north, what we need is loans with reasonable interest rates, anambra and Lagos alone can supply all our website designers so please we need something else.

If they can easily get teaching jobs, they won't apply for this. Go ask teachers, what they earn.

There is more to ICT than website design and there is a huge deficit in expertise compared to the population size.

Nigeria is not food sufficient in spite of all the farmers so there is a problem somewhere. Knowledge is part of the problem. Knowledge of modern farming methods and techniques.

The government will be giving loans to farmers, marker women and artisans. Stay tuned.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
skilfulsagei:
This is very good.
It's very good if it would not be through long leg again, bcoz evrytin for Naija na connection shocked
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2016
shaddoww:
I think for a fresh graduate who still stays with his parents, it's a big deal cos he can take a two year loan n sponsor himself for masters programme while also doing dis job. I know I will enjoy d fruit of my vote.
loan from whom? a graduate that really wants to go for his or her masters won't be at home eating free food after youth service, they buy the form during service, save up money and make adequate plans, go to pg schools and ask them their stories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / NDDC Calling For Apitude Test / Salary Scale Of Immigration Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.