Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,413 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates (77109 Views)

FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Nigerians / N-Power Teacher Corps Programme: Incoming Aspirants, Let's Meet Here / The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2016
abouzaid:
any graduate living below 23k per month doesn't trust his or her capability to teach.you can easily make double that amount from teaching school and extra mural lessons.
That's what I do presently...
I earn less than 15k at my place of work and earn close to 25k from lessons...
My brother,it wasn't easy...
Departing my precious room from 7am and resuming 7pm know my worth at the end of the month is nt up to 50k..
Its painful and look depressing

2 Likes

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by MVLOX(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
Make I go dey ready my cv oooo....
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
skilfulsagei:
This is very good.
It's very good if it would not be through long leg again, bcoz evrytin for Naija na connection
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2016
adioolayi:
Not like the dubious SURE-P
So what makes it diffrent?
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
I hope there will be money to pay them their salaries.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

If they can easily get teaching jobs, they won't apply for this. Go ask teachers, what they earn.

There is more to ICT than website design and there is a huge deficit in expertise compared to the population size.

Nigeria is not food sufficient in spite of all the farmers so there is a problem somewhere. Knowledge is part of the problem. Knowledge of modern farming methods and techniques.

The government will be giving loans to farmers, marker women and artisans. Stay tuned.

any graduate that can't easily a teaching job in Nigeria of today needs to be questioned, i met such people in large numbers during my youth service especially among the ladies. there's a huge demand for private school teachers especially in the sciences, farmers need loans to improve not this program. we also need protection from Fulani herdsmen migrating now as the rains have commenced, we're now too afraid to talk to them when we see them grazing on our farms, this government is always making the wrong choices due to political reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Ifiegboria(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2016
Patiently waiting

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by tbaba1234: 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2016
abouzaid:
any graduate that can't easily a teaching job in Nigeria of today needs to be questioned, i met such people in large numbers during my youth service especially among the ladies. there's a huge demand for private school teachers especially in the sciences, farmers need loans to improve not this program. we also need protection from Fulani herdsmen migrating now as the rains have commenced, we're now too afraid to talk to them when we see them grazing on our farms, this government is always making the wrong choices due to political reasons.

Loans and knowledge. not just loans..

This huge demand, yet thousands of graduates are roaming the streets.

You do not have to criticise everything.

This is a good step.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Lytech:

That's what I do presently...
I earn less than 15k at my place of work and earn close to 25k from lessons...
My brother,it wasn't easy...
Departing my precious room from 7am and resuming 7pm know my worth at the end of the month is nt up to 50k..
Its painful and look depressing
that's the life of a real hustler you're living there and probably why you won't take up this government offer if offered, what you need is a loan to pursue your dream and that's what this government is not doing.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
i laugh in spanish .... grin grin grin ko le work,....
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Lytech(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
abouzaid:
that's the life of a real hustler you're living there and probably why you won't take up this government offer if offered, what you need is a loan to pursue your dream and that's what this government is not doing.
That's why we should manage the one on ground in the presence of none
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by abouzaid: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2016
tbaba1234:

Loans and knowledge. not just loans..

This huge demand, yet thousands of graduates are roaming the streets.

You do not have to criticise everything.

This is a good step.
i told you most of the graduates roaming know they can't teach so that's why they're dodging private schools teaching jobs. if tell you some of our stories in our church school about certificate holders who practically useless in the classroom, your stomach would bust from laughter.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by gfullmoon(m): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
Why are most people asking what happens after two years? What happens is that you gain a certified experience for future endeavours or you can opt to the section outside teaching to gain practical knowledge. This programme is meant to bridge the experience gap faced by most job seekers and to equip others with a practical skill . If FG say they will be retained, people already working especially under state civil service and private will flood the programme, and politicians will high jack it denying the real unemployed graduate vital chances, they might retain some after 2 years not all which makes it a gamble for the employed or under employed who wants to try. Ask any unemployed Nigerian graduate from stretch family background, 23k is better than staying idle or nothing.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by missuniverse(f): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
adioolayi:
you don't count your egg before it's hatched,
conclusions should come at the end not beginning...

Watch out
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
Sounds good, but actually a very bad news .
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by guiddoti: 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
sure-p or scam-p, na only hearsay. Hope this one is for real.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2016
loomer:
Where the schools wey dem wan teach?
Ajimobi has privatized them grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by ststyreal(f): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2016
President buhari ooooo, may God Heal u sharperly make u fit dey healthy monitor this programme well, because for this your government, na only u I trust, the rest na thief eye I dey take dey look dem. If I see person dash me 23000 all this while, I for no complain of no job, so for this your programme, na me go first register because at all at all na witch. If u fit achieve this one well, I say make baba God bless u but this one no mean say if your government fumble I no go yab u ooooo but for this programme, u too much. APC una dooooou

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by XwhY(m): 12:34am On Jun 09, 2016
E be like say dem want to start another movie again o.. #in 2baba's voice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Gkemz: 12:49am On Jun 09, 2016
So commendable as long as it will not be hijacked by unscrupulous politicians to cart away money from vulnerable job seekers so as to enrich themselves.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by owanedo: 1:25am On Jun 09, 2016
iamauxin:
If you believe this....you can always believe anything.
to believe is not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by owanedo: 1:29am On Jun 09, 2016
mytime24:
Super story undecided
watching too much films is not good for your health. it can destroy your brain.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by owanedo: 2:20am On Jun 09, 2016
abouzaid:
any graduate that can't easily a teaching job in Nigeria of today needs to be questioned, i met such people in large

numbers during my youth service especially among the ladies. there's a huge demand for private school teachers especially in the sciences, farmers need loans to improve not this program. we also need protection from Fulani herdsmen migrating now as the rains have commenced, we're now too afraid to talk to them when we see them grazing on our farms, this government is always making the wrong choices due to political reasons.
you sound too myopic for me to believe that you are a university graduate or maybe a secondary school graduate. Nigeria does 'nt end in your village and village church school. try step out then you will appreciate what 23k Will do for millions of Nigerians. grow up bro.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by charso2015: 2:23am On Jun 09, 2016
why not perpetual engagement?
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by bilazego(m): 2:34am On Jun 09, 2016
adioolayi:
wait till it's implemented before comparing.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by bilazego(m): 2:39am On Jun 09, 2016
KillerFrost:
Why do we Nigerians see everything from the negative aspect? angry
This is a good initiative.. You should be commending the government rather than doing otherwise

This isn't the first "good initiatives" that couldn't serve its purpose. remember Napep, sure p, etc
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by slap1(m): 3:19am On Jun 09, 2016
Are the unemployed graduates educationists or just graduates from any discipline? I hope the minister of education knows his job in this country.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by academics1: 3:29am On Jun 09, 2016
How about AGRICULTURE?

Teach the young Nigerians how to raise small scale farms that they can expand

Agriculture is the way to go. It can give employment to to every Nigerian youth without being saturated.

That's why I like the Ooni of Ife. That man has more common sense than pmb and all his ministers put together.

Well, una try shaa
Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by rose54321: 3:53am On Jun 09, 2016
Thought they hyped "500k graduates to be employed". Now it's "volunteer programme with a stipend of 23k, for 2 solid years.

Mehn I am getting angry.
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by athorello(m): 4:31am On Jun 09, 2016
Sure-P that I waited indefinitely for their reply after application. Meanwhile some guy's name will just be in one private school register or is residing in warri and doing Sure-P in lagos but was earning between 50-80% of the monthly allowance. The politicians and private sectors were only leaching the economy.
N-Power sounds more robust but they should tell us the modalities on ground for it not to be high-jacked.

A wise company I know of does evaluate the success of any of their CSR program by the percentage of participants that have been truly empowered (gainfully employed, self employed, have completed studies and/or proceeded on advanced studies, etc). Also, what are the gains to the company in terms of reputation and percentage of participants that have been absorbed and performing.
So, the FG can take a leaf and not just pumping money.
N-Power!
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by tbaba1234: 4:59am On Jun 09, 2016
academics1:
How about AGRICULTURE?

Teach the young Nigerians how to raise small scale farms that they can expand

Agriculture is the way to go. It can give employment to to every Nigerian youth without being saturated.

That's why I like the Ooni of Ife. That man has more common sense than pmb and all his ministers put together.

Well, una try shaa
Let's see how it goes.

Agriculture is there..
Re: N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:06am On Jun 09, 2016
This is a good initiative. The 23k just for the training does not even matter, what matter most is the skills and acquisitions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / Federal Fire Service 2023/2024 Recruitment / NDDC Calling For Apitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.