Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Wow! Your Android Phone Is Not Safe, See Why - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Wow! Your Android Phone Is Not Safe, See Why (541 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / 3 Best Reasons Why An Android Phone Is Better Than An iPhone / Learn How To Develop Android Apps With Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wow! Your Android Phone Is Not Safe, See Why by wilnaira(m): 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2016
i have something great for you today in android cellphone protection ,i’d like to layout my view and experiences on android as a platform. As a number of you can realize, android is a cell operating machine (os) currently evolved by means of google,and it is based totally on the linux kernel and designed ordinarily for touchscreen cellular gadgets consisting of smartphones and also tablets. A number of you can also recognise that android is an open-source undertaking (which means that you are allowed to edit the code, and expand android-based packages and offerings). In case you’re a skilled android developer, you'll recognize there are nevertheless a few things which are restrained and closed from reading and understanding. This brings the questions,
Is android safe? How is our information protected?
The answer to that question is, it’s now safe enough,considering the below reasons
First reason: the working gadget
If you make use of an android device, you could have already understand that many manufacturers install bloatware (unwanted software program) into the devices. They try this with the intention to make a few money with your tool utilization and information, and they don’t permit the consumer to uninstall those programs. Those bloatware programs are used to accumulate exceptional facts, and normally, the facts is shared with 3rd party organizations for marketing functions. But, android builders can generally “root” the tool (device) and gain device-extensive permissions to delete and deploy any kind of software program. Please take into account that when you have rooted your device, you need to be cautious and know what you are doing. If you delete something this is maintaining the device functioning nicely, you will “brick” the device and it might not work anymore.
Second reason : the application permissions when the consumer installs any application
The utility will ask the running machine (android device) for precise permissions, which also can make a device susceptible. For instance, in case you want to install a simple flashlight application, which doesn’t want to apply anything else than the flashlight, test what permissions are needed from the running system. If it requires permission to study your contacts, to apply your gps location, to paintings as a startup system and to talk with the net, you’d absolutely need to keep away from this software, although the score is ideal. Consider me, even the mainstream apps may be changed and abused in that manner. If you agree to install the application besides, you’ll use it for the flashlight, but the developer on the opposite site can study your contacts, images and private sensitive statistics out of your device with out your know-how, due to the fact you've got agreed to give that permissions to the os. That’s why it’s very critical to realize how the era works, and shield your self from data leaking.
Third reason : net-based totally social engineering, phishing
Even if you are cautious along with your packages, keep in mind that you could nonetheless be tricked with some faux web sites or pics which aren't safe to visit. For example, there are web sites and apps (mainly unfastened versions) which have advertisements like : “you've got 7 viruses for your tool, click right here to easy up.” those forms of phishing techniques needs to be prevented as much as viable. Don’t trust in some thing that sounds to true, and it’s free.
My advice to you is: if making a decision to apply an android, then use it with warning. Don’t install any suspicious apps and usually take a look at what permissions are requested for from the os. Maintain healthful behavior when you surf the net and be careful what you installing. Don’t download any suspicious files, particularly in the event that they end in .Apk, since the apk extension is for executable packages on androids. I’m satisfied if i’ve helped you with a few simple android-related discussions.
Do have a nice day !

source: http://nairabit.com
Re: Wow! Your Android Phone Is Not Safe, See Why by Florblu(f): 12:01am On Jun 09, 2016
In case

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is It To Replace A Samsung Note 3 Screen / Ios Or Android {battery} / Instadict On My Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.