Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,683 members, 7,831,118 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (815994 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 6:40am On Mar 19, 2007
Hi Frankiriri,
Is it possible to log in and monitor one's account portfolio with the CSCS?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by frankiriri(m): 7:01am On Mar 19, 2007
Yes. If your broker gives you the privilege
However the usual thing is for you to get monthly statements of your stock position from CSCS. Most brokers would give access to your stock trading account in their own system,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2007
Thanks bro. By the way whatever happened to the phone in access via which you could get info about your account status with the CSCS? Is it still functional? If yes do you still have the numbers?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gists: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2007
frankiriri:

Dont know much about Afiinvest.
Have you tried IBTC or Zenith Securities

@ frankiriri

what can you say about Zenith securities? Do they have online service where I can make buy/sell orders and also monitor my portfolio from my office/home. Are they in other parts of the country cos I'm highly mobile

Redards
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2007
Dumsky:

Thanks bro. By the way whatever happened to the phone in access via which you could get info about your account status with the CSCS? Is it still functional? If yes do you still have the numbers?

you can get cscs contact numbers here http://www.cscsnigeria.com/index.php ,its on the first page .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2007
holla thanks a lot for those info grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2007
hola2ng:

Really informative posts y'all. Keep sharing.

Company news
Stock to watch.
5. Hybrid Offerings- DEAP Capital offering rights issue @N1.50, and public offer @N2.00.

Any reasons for recommending DEAP ? What are the company fundanmentals? What is their product? Is the product tangible? What are the earnings per share of the stock?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2007
whats their site ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by midastouch: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2007
Does anybody know why IBTC Chartered was placed on technical suspension on the Stock Exchange? are they coming to do a public offer?

MidasTouch
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by junegirl(f): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hi guys! You don't know how much I've longed for this kind of discussions. Thank you for creating it and for being part of it. Let me warn you in advance that I'm about to launch an avalanche of questions, sorry!:

!. I bought a number of IPOs last year starting with Wapic, Intercontinental and I haven't recieved my certificates. What's the maximum time limit for these certificates?

2. How do I access my cscs account online to what what's in it and so on. My broker in Ibadan bought a small amount of UBA shares for me in secondary market and claims to have inputted it in the cscs account he claimed he opened for me. Problem is I moved to Abuja shortly after and I've not laid my eyes on the physical cscs form. I've asked him to email it to me or send by courier; no show. He texted the number to me instead saying I can check it online but I don't know how the heck to do that. A friend in another firm here tried to check it for me and said the number is funny, doesn't tally with the usual ones they have. Now I'm trying to give my Ibadan broker the benefit of the doubt cos he's like a family friend.  The shares is not so big for me to start suspecting foul play( atleast I don't think he's that hungry)but I need to know what's goingon with my share. So what do I do?

3. I bought Guaranty's very first IPO many years ago through a First Bank branch in my school then. Till now I not received any single correspondence regarding the shares. No share certificate, bonus certificate, nothing. To compound the problem, I can no longer locate the copy of the teller I used to pay the money. In addition, I've since left school and am now far far away. But seeing GTB now rise to N30+ drives a knife into my heart. Imagine the number of bonuses over the years and how much I should be having therenow. Pls someone tell, is there anyway I can trace and claim these shares of mine?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 10:42pm On Mar 21, 2007
Thanks egoldman.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hello junegirl,
I'm not sure i know how long the process of certificate issuance is to take officially but Usually it takes about 4 to 12 months from history though i stand to be corrected. For this reason i'd say be patient and keep your ears to the ground. The certificates will surely come.
For account access, someone already answered a similar qusetion i posted so just go through the thread.
Finally, if you bought the GTB IPO and have not gotten any correspondence till now, something must be greatly wrong. My guess is either you were not alloted or the mails have been going to another address. Have you checked the mailing address you used when filling the form for the IPO. You have to track this because you must be a very rich girl by now looking at the history of dividends and bonuses. I'd also advice you contact the registars dept to confirm if your name is on their database. Going forward however, i'd advise you never wait this long before confirming if you share purchase requset went through or not.
Hope this helps. Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 2:04am On Mar 22, 2007
any news on dangotes offer on NASCON,
@ mr frank- i am instructing my stock broker to buy nascon for me, do u think it is a worthwhile venture now?

i was alloted 80% of my offer in the dangote sugar ipo, thanls for the info MR Frank,

whats it on nascon
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 5:51am On Mar 22, 2007
Tmoni,
Have you gotten your certificate already. How did your know you were alloted 80% of your request?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 7:40am On Mar 22, 2007
good question cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 9:59am On Mar 22, 2007
my stock broker told me,
he said that the balance has been returned to me and credited to my account,

i do hv an idea where the certificates are,
i cant still get it to buy on the floor,

pls any news on the NASCON bid, i want to know if i should start acquring the stock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by junegirl(f): 10:25am On Mar 22, 2007
Thanks a lot Dumsky. Just please tell me (forgive my ignorance) how do I get in touch with the registers department?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by duchez(m): 10:44am On Mar 22, 2007
pls can someone advice me on which is better,is it registering with a stockbroker or using a funds manager. i would also like to know more about fund managers. you could reply me through this address: duchez04@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nigeriana(f): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2007
Hi all,
I am also new to the stock market in Nigeria and very interested in investing too. Where can I learn more about it? I need something really simple and idiot- friendly ( just joking) On a serious note, hope someone out there can help
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by iybabe(f): 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2007
Ibtc share is currently peg at N11 due to final leg of the merger agreeement between stanbic and Ibtc,once its finalise-the suspension will be lifted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nkc(m): 12:35pm On Mar 22, 2007
r u sayin we should buy ibtc
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Dumsky(m): 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2007
Junegirl,
GTB registrars
7, anthony village road(3rd floor)
Anthony
Tel: 01-2716090-94
By the way it's no ignorance, we are all learning
Nigeriana,
I'd advise you follow this thread and ask any question that comes to mind otherwise you'd have to go buy a book on stock brocking. That way you'd learn faster.
Cheers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 1:30pm On Mar 22, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 2:05pm On Mar 22, 2007
NASCOn is so scarce to buy now,

I don tire oooo
Dangote get midas touch now

pls i am interested in buying ooo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by egoldman(m): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2007
seems like the shares of ZENITH bank have been placed on technical suspension ,are they coming to the market too ?

edited ; am sorry guys ,i seem to have goofed ( my bad days ) the stocks of zenith are not placed on technical suspension embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by eneekaycee(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2007
PLEASE, I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THIS. ITS TIME WE ALL WOKE UP TO THE GREAT BENEFITS OF INVESTING IN THE STOCK MARKET.

BUT ONE THING IS REALLY BAFFLING ME. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE WEBSITE OF THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE OR DONT THEY HAVE ONE.
THE ONE I SAW www.nse.com.ng ONLY CONTAINS VERY OBSOLETE DATA. OR IS THERE SOMETHING I DONT KNOW.
PLEASE I WILL LIKE TO KNOW
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by alanbolo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2007
very informative tread indeed.    I used Capital assets as my stockbroker but use http://www.cashcraft.com/pricelist.asp  and   http://www.zenithbank.com/pricelist.cfm  for daily price movements.     

It's been more  smiley smiley smiley  than  sad sad sad  regarding the rate of return.     

As others have said earlier, the deal is to  know which firm U're buying into and decide if it's for long time  or a short time.    Bought Flourmills about 22 yrs ago @ 80k per share then and still not sold,     but bought lever brothers "Unilever" at 18+ about 2 yrs ago and now at 12.80,  basically, it's not wise to stay with a loosing stock without payout dividends, know where to cut your loss and move on or how many % U want as your returns.

My kudos to @Frankiri  and Cleric for provided info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by uzomaeze(m): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2007
please i need to know is it ok for me to sell my GT bank and Intercontinetal stocks i learnt the stocks may appreciate so i should leave it what do you think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Tmoni(m): 12:04am On Mar 23, 2007
speculation says GTBank might give a bonus then the stock will hit te roof
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hola2ng(m): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2007

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.