Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,536 members, 7,861,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820042 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2007
i load my account with cash by calling my a/c officer to come over and pick up a cheque from my office
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2007
@All,
Where are all d analysts who promised us to wait till xmas that there will be some good buys. Plz what and what are the good buys?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ngegy: 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2007
Merry christmas and happy new year in advance to everybody in the house. may the new year bring us a lot of money, amen.
I`ll appreciate if someone could post a list of the insurance companies that are likely to do IPO/PO soon.
Thanks alot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 6:34pm On Dec 25, 2007
kingzy:

@All,
Where are all d analysts who promised us to wait till xmas that there will be some good buys. Please what and what are the good buys?

Merry xmas. What do you think the good buys are?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2007
easimoni:

Merry xmas. What do you think the good buys are?

Crusader Insurance
Law Union
UNIC
Mbenefit
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2007
@londoncool,

Merry xmas.
Please do you know anything about the coming together of some insurance companies for the purpose of investing in Oil and gas, if I understood the article?
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/business/article02/indexn2_html?pdate=181207&ptitle=Insurers%20strategise%20for%20oil,%20gas%20business
Do you think those ones like lasaco should be considered?

When  will it be late to buy into those stocks you mentioned? Like January or Feb. I am a novice no vex o!

Cheers!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 10:54pm On Dec 25, 2007
LondonCool:

@Princesege,

How do you fund your Stock a/c with Cashcarft (in the absence of your GTb online transfer facility ?)

@Londoncool.
Cashcraft has account with GTB. So it was easy to make a 3rd party transfer without any charges. I enjoyed this for almost six months before GTB removed the facility more than 2 weeks ago. I haven't made any transfer since then. The only option left now is telephone transfer or cheque. I must say, I haven't made payment through any of those since I have enough money to trade at the moment.
However if you have a UBA bank account account, their online 3rd party transfer is active but with a charge.

Just this Monday, my sell order for NEM was executed, bought at N2 in 09/11 and sold at N3.38 on 24/12.
So far I have good experience with CC and I do hope they continue with this good impression I have with them.

Londoncool, I 'm not campaigning for CC but I think people should be objective in what they say. Most people only write on hearsay and not on fact. Give a trial and if you are not satisfied then you go elsewhere.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:03pm On Dec 25, 2007
ngegy:

Merry Christmas and happy new year in advance to everybody in the house. may the new year bring us a lot of money, amen.
I`ll appreciate if someone could post a list of the insurance companies that are likely to do IPO/PO soon.
Thanks alot.

@ngegy
AIICO PO is on now till December 31. It is very likely to be extended to January 31. It is priced at N2.20.
For more info see the link below:
[url][/url]www.cashcraft.com/AiicoOfferForm.pdf
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 12:40am On Dec 26, 2007
Londoncool, I 'm not campaigning for CC but I think people should be objective in what they say. Most people only write on hearsay and not on fact. Give a trial and if you are not satisfied then you go elsewhere.

[quote][/quote]

I don't think this is campaign.I think you are saying the simple truth.I use Cashcraft myself and so far,I find them reliable.Also,their website is one of the best in stockbroking.Virtually every information and analyses mentioned on this thread can be found on their website if one is patient enough to search.

However,I believe the trade alert is a good addition to any deal with any stockbroker.I notice,for instance,that when I ask the SB to sell,they sell at the lowest price for that day and when I ask them to buy,they buy at the highest price for the day.This has happened so consistently that I am beginning to raise an eyebrow.Does anyone have same experience with me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:57am On Dec 26, 2007
kingzy:

@All,
Where are all d analysts who promised us to wait till xmas that there will be some good buys. Please what and what are the good buys?

Based on closing prices on Monday and in order of preference, I consider these stocks undervalued.

1.BetaGlass
2.Lawunion
3.AGLeventis
4.Unic
5.UBA

Sorry I don't have the time to share my analysis on these stocks at the moment.

Disclosure:  I own each stock listed above.

Happy holidays and a happy new year in advance to everyone on this thread.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by K2: 2:12am On Dec 26, 2007
@Princesege. Your comment about Cashcraft is on point. My account officer is really efficient as well. Very personable and willing to bend over backward to satisfy her client. Londoncool, if you need her info let me know and I'll hook you up.

About AIICO being extended, I seriously doubt that. It's one of the most underpublicized POs. It's at a bargain.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 6:11am On Dec 26, 2007
@PrinceSege, K2, all Nairalanders

There is no way AIICO offer will be extended.
Same for Costain.
Better get your applications in pronto!

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lynxnoon(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2007
@K2,
i thik am going 2 buy d aiico stuff definitely by tomorrow; but i was wondering if if i can apply for it tru cashcraft tho i dont have an acct wit them yet. I also would like to buy 50k worth of aiico shares but i dont know d minimum amt cashcraft normally accept from their clients
Thanks for your response
and, SEASONS GREETINGS cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kingzy(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2007
@Esimoni and other gurus,
Since I have not got any wonderful stock to buy this xmas, I now want to use the money to buy 20,000 units of zenith po. Can they absorb that? because I would't want my money to be returned.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 8:58am On Dec 26, 2007
@lynxnoon

You can buy it from cashcraft or any other receiving agent.Operating an account is not a requirement to buy public offers, though the sum you invest in the p.o may be used to meet the initial account requirement.

Felices Fiesta. Que tenga suerte !!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by otokx(m): 10:14am On Dec 26, 2007
When will Fidelity Bank lift its TS?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 1:30pm On Dec 26, 2007
Princesege:

@Londoncool.
Cashcraft has account with GTB. So it was easy to make a 3rd party transfer without any charges. I enjoyed this for almost six months before GTB removed the facility more than 2 weeks ago. I haven't made any transfer since then. The only option left now is telephone transfer or cheque. I must say, I haven't made payment through any of those since I have enough money to trade at the moment.
However if you have a UBA bank account account, their online 3rd party transfer is active but with a charge.

Just this Monday, my sell order for NEM was executed, bought at N2 in 09/11 and sold at N3.38 on 24/12.
So far I have good experience with CC and I do hope they continue with this good impression I have with them.

@Princesege,

Thanks for your opinion on Cashcraft. Since they are in the same building as Afrinvest it would make things a bit easier for me (logistically) when I'll be coming to Nigeria in February to see my SB and Registrars.I have an account with GTB too and hope they could transact Telephone transfers for me to fund my Stock a/c.

K2:

@Princesege. Your comment about Cashcraft is on point. My account officer is really efficient as well. Very personable and willing to bend over backward to satisfy her client. Londoncool, if you need her info let me know and I'll hook you up.

@K2,

Thanks, I'll take up your offer on your efficient Account Officer.I gave purchase instructions to my Account Officer with Afrinvest since 13/12/2007 (which expires on 31/12/2007) after confirming that I had cleared funds and uptil now no purchase has been made, no contract note issued, no communication whatsoever, and my cup of patience is running over slowly.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lokwe(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2007
I don't get it please. can anyone in the house please tell me the minimum (initial) deposit for opening account with cash craft.
peace.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2007
lokwe:

I don't get it please. can anyone in the house please tell me the minimum (initial) deposit for opening account with cash craft.
peace.

I believe it's 500k. Merry Xmas.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2007
kingzy:

Since I have not got any wonderful stock to buy this xmas, I now want to use the money to buy 20,000 units of zenith po. Can they absorb that? because I would't want my money to be returned.

First Bank returned money for 10k+ units, Access returned money for 5k+ units. If Zenith does not absorb all (and they prob won't be able to), you can bet your money will be returned. Buy 10k for yourself and 10k for a family member who would otherwise not buy (or you can contact me tongue, but I go charge o!) and cross-deal when he/she gets the Cert. Then pray the cut-off is 10k units.

Merry Xmas Kingzy.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lokwe(m): 3:30pm On Dec 26, 2007
easimoni:

I believe it's 500k. Merry Xmas.

Thanks alot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 4:59pm On Dec 26, 2007
easimoni:

First Bank returned money for 10k+ units, Access returned money for 5k+ units. If Zenith does not absorb all (and they prob won't be able to), you can bet your money will be returned. Buy 10k for yourself and 10k for a family member who would otherwise not buy (or you can contact me tongue, but I go charge o!) and cross-deal when he/she gets the Cert. Then pray the cut-off is 10k units.

If Zenith does this, then this bank and other listed companies that see PO as a guarranteed source of funds should forget it because there will be a backlash from Nigerian investors.And anyone who wish to start a class action against Issuing houses that keep billions of naira of hard earned money for 3 sometimes 9 months and return without interest is free to append my name Mr Pennywise P. Foolish.

The SEC deserve some kind words for recent albeit belated action against illegal fund managers http://www.sec.gov.ng/illegaloperators.htm. People need to see more acts like this. You cant over-regulate operators in this climate.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 5:06pm On Dec 26, 2007
Easimoni did not write the last two paragraphs (before he issues a disclaimer).

"If Zenith does this, then this bank and other listed companies that see PO as a guarranteed source of funds should forget it because there will be a backlash from Nigerian investors.And anyone who wish to start a class action against Issuing houses that keep billions of naira of hard earned money for 3 sometimes 9 months and return without interest is free to append my name Mr Pennywise P. Foolish.

The SEC deserve some kind words for recent albeit belated action against illegal fund managers http://www.sec.gov.ng/illegaloperators.htm. People need to see more acts like this. You can't over-regulate operators in this climate."

I did. He is too much of a gentleman.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
@ Pennywise,on your previous posts, you should see a button called "Modify" (in the top right hand corner). You can use that button to revise/re-word your previous posts.

And you are right, I was about to issue a disclaimer  grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2007
Folks what do you guys think of buying FCMB and Diamond bank at the current price, instead of buying the zenith PO and risk having my money returned, plz answer fast if u are online i intend to place my orders tomorrow morning,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2007
easimoni:

@ Pennywise,on your previous posts, you should see a button called "Modify" (in the top right hand corner). You can use that button to revise/re-word your previous posts.

And you are right, I was about to issue a disclaimer grin

Thank you for the direction. I appreciate.

The status quo is simply unsustainable. It is another loophole begging for exploitation.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
gonziiii:

Folks what do you guys think of buying FCMB and Diamond bank at the current price, instead of buying the zenith PO and risk having my money returned, plz answer fast if u are online i intend to place my orders tomorrow morning,

Information on both coys is incomplete at the moment; we don't know how many shares FCMB will allot nor do we (I?) know what Diamond'd PAT forecast is (from the GDR prospectus; if u have one lemme know). Based on my estimates, FCMB will have to be 200% alloted for the forward PEs to be the same. My Diamond PAT forecast is a little conservative but FCMB's PAT is soooo aggressive that it wins out.

Go with FCMB.

FYI, I own quite a bit of Diamond but I bought in the 18s.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2007
Merry Xmas and happy New year in advance to you all. May the year 2008 be a year of abundant blessings and prosperity for all of us. I have been reading and enjoying intellectual postings from you great folks at this forum, and thought it was high time I became actively involved too.

I have been following a series of discussion thread, but have not read any posting on "Share Acquisition/Margin Facility". Can somebody please throw more light on this? Is it a sensible and profitable venture to explore?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2007
emotimi,

It was briefly discussed in the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101732.0.html

My take is it's better to source for funds elsewhere; margin facilities are too expensive and short term for my liking. However, if you have no other source, pull the trigger.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by barge(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2007
@easimoni

compliments ! i dey expect my e-gift !
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2007
Anybody watching CAPOIL? From less than #1 sometimes in Oct to #4.7 now  shocked shocked shocked. another afroil in the making Any info pls? Been digging but to no avail embarassed sad angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2007
Vitafoam and C&I.
Are the current prices too expensive to enter?
, is it better to wait and see if the price comes down Or look elsewhere,
, short term play , looking for 20% min?

Gurus in the house, please advice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.