Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (814040 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2007
Naijadr:

Thanks, please let me have the data from aug, most kindly appreciated, my email is docwealth at gmail.com
In regards to Aptistock, it can get tricky, my data was in excel format so I had to convert it to ASCII (text).
Click on Tools, then data downloader, select import and then at the top click on browser then select your text file, and then click on import.
Let me know if that one works for you

@ Naijadr

Thanks for the Aptistock info,

Can you please send me a sample of the excel format you use: headings. Either paste here or send to my mail: man4jiro@yahoo.co.uk

I will see if i can create a macro to do the formating.

Cheers
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ManJiro(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2007
bigjay01:

Sent

I can't find the tool menu on Aptistock. I am running Version 1.10

@Bigjay01

The tool menu exist in version 1.12.

Google it or i can send you a zipped folder with it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2007
Man Jiro:

@Bigjay01

The tool menu exist in version 1.12.

Google it or i can send you a zipped folder with it.

Man Jiro

Please send it to me at jazzyjay6789 at hotmail dot com. Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Octupus(f): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2007
Hi folks,
I think GTB is about to break price resistance for a bullish run.It's trade volume and bid strength appear amongst the highest in the banking sector yesterday.

Should this be a time to position oneself?

Comments pls.

Happy new yr to all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jesuseun1(m): 8:35am On Dec 29, 2007
hello guys,do anybody have any info on when is the year end for CLEASING and UNITY BANK?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 11:10am On Dec 29, 2007
THE END OF YEAR FOR C AND I LEASING IS JANUARY, UNITY IS JUNE.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by gonziiii(m): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2007
Folks, any info on wema bank, when are they likely to lift the TS, i read in a paper today that the House or Rep has suspended banks from coming for further PO until further notice, this is likely going to affect wema TS. I was careless enough to get trapped in the TS and a lot of my operating cash is there, i noticed that ppl are still buying it, do u think its wise to sell it now and buy something else, i like the stock but i'm worried about how long the TS will last. I am thinking of selling now, taking some profit in another stock and maybe buying it again just b4 they lift the TS or just after the TS, what do u guys think?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2007
Using OPS (other people's spreadsheet) I have come up with a combo pack cheesy cheesy cheesy, a very useful tool for suicide bombers!  wink wink wink I have done FAT (factory acceptance test) on it but I want the whole house to TEST DRIVE it, before I patent it  grin grin grin

Fundamentalist + Suicide bombers = WMD (Weapon of Mass destruction)

What a combo! grin grin grin. NSE is in trouble! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2007
Find attached AG LEVENTIS COMBO wink wink wink

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2007
ngc combo wink wink wink

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2007
pls now, u guys plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss reply me
plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
who can recommened hos or her personal stockbroker, cos it seems to me that within a stockbroking firm, the quality of service u get depends on your broker.pls
help a sister out

here's my previous post:
please can someone give me contact details of reliable brokers in afriinvest and cashcraft,
i use cashcraft, the problem i have withthem is they don't execute orders until, the wrong time(as far as i'm concerned, )i have to wait days to sell(after which the price would hab\ve almost fallen to the amt at which i bought) or to buy(after which the price would have risen SOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HIGH), I'M GETTING REALLY AGITATED, because i target when prices are low and these people are just annoyin/dullin me,
please guys, if u are sure your broker executes orders immediately/the company has online services, PLEASE I BEG You , GIVE ME UR BROKER'S NUMBER.GOD BLESS YA,
GOOD BROKERS ONLY PLS, i've had enough of crap (from my broker)thanks[s][/s]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2007
please now, u guys plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss reply me
plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssss
who can recommened hos or her personal stockbroker, because it seems to me that within a stockbroking firm, the quality of service u get depends on your broker.please
help a sister out

here's my previous post:
please can someone give me contact details of reliable brokers in afriinvest and cashcraft,
i use cashcraft, the problem i have withthem is they don't execute orders until, the wrong time(as far as i'm concerned, )i have to wait days to sell(after which the price would hab\ve almost fallen to the amt at which i bought) or to buy(after which the price would have risen SOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HIGH), I'M GETTING REALLY AGITATED, because i target when prices are low and these people are just annoyin/dullin me,
please guys, if u are sure your broker executes orders immediately/the company has online services, PLEASE I BEG You , GIVE ME UR BROKER'S NUMBER.GOD BLESS YA,
GOOD BROKERS ONLY PLS, i've had enough of crap (from my broker)thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nypurr(m): 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2007
@2gd

I have read the nightmare members have faced with some stockbrokers and I have had my own share with my initial broker ,CSL (and still having to date).
I think you will be happy with Lead Capital. I started using them in Jan 2006 and I am quite happy with them.
Their good points?
You can give your order on e-mail - a website Job Order Entry form has never worked for me.
They will normally start buying within the day if you submit your request before 0900hrs and complete buying within 48hrs. Of course, if a stock is scarce, it may take longer, or you get none at all e.g. I'll be glad to buy BIGTREAT now but it is not available.
I have sold stock with LeadCap within the day.
Their staff are always courteous, give or take a few unanswered phone rings.
Surprise, surprise, I get my certificates verified and lodged with CSCS in record time - some within one month.

As some peeps have observed in this forum, do not rely on your broker on stocks to buy - reasons vary for this, but none is helpful to you. Some suggested buys will simply be treacherous.

What certificates I could not verify with CSL within 2years are being verified by LeadCap in 1 to 2 months.

Wish you luck.

@ all members.
It's my first post, but I have been an avid reader since hitting the forum a month ago, almost addicted, if I am capable of such vice. Compliments of the season wink wink
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2007
Please does any one know what the procedure is to transfer funds to a GTB domicilliary account from Canada? i know they use anaffiliate bank in the states but the account holder could not give the swift code . i have all the account details of the account holder but i dont have any thing about the affiliate bank an supposed top use in the states. anybody who has done this should please post details thanks guys
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nypurr(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2007
@bivins1

Ask the beneficiary to get the swift code and any other required info from his GTB officer on dom accts or from customer services.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2007
bivins1:

Please does any one know what the procedure is to transfer funds to a GTB domicilliary account from Canada? i know they use anaffiliate bank in the states but the account holder could not give the swift code . i have all the account details of the account holder but i don't have any thing about the affiliate bank an supposed top use in the states. anybody who has done this should please post details thanks guys

Most Remittances Departments in Banks have what they call "THE BANKERS ALMANAC", it contains a list of ALL the Banks in the WORLD and includes their correspondent Banks for various Currencies. So far as you have the correct account number of the GTB a/c the Bank in Canada should be able to retrieve the SWIFT Code from the Bankers Almanac of the USD Correspondent  Bank for GTB and route the funds accordingly through SWIFT.

GTB do use Citibank New York so the funds should be routed like this for eg. Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto (ROYCATT2) to Royal Bank of Canada New York for the further credit of  GTB's USD a/c with Citi Bank New York (CITIUS33) for the further credit of  your friends GTB Dom a/c in Nigeria(GTBINGLA).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dejiman(m): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2007
I use to have that same problem some times but now I have gotten a great alternative to all DOMICILLIARY palava with this new thing i am going to introduce to you, you will have no problem concerning transfering money or recieving money anywhere in the world.
And more so you have great Advantage because you already have a GTBANK ACCOUNT.
well if you want to know about that thing send me an email with the
SUBJECT: ADEDEJI I NEED CARD4NAIJA to aderibigbeadedeji@yahoo.com or hotmail.com
and i will send you details of it as soon as i receive the mail.
Please try to extend the message.
Now you will say bye bye to DOMI, DOMITILA, or what ever, just like me.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 2gd: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2007
@nypurr, thanks pls can u giv me your broker's contact details? thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by nypurr(m): 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2007
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2007
dejiman:

I use to have that same problem some times but now I have gotten a great alternative to all DOMICILLIARY palava with this new thing i am going to introduce to you, you will have no problem concerning transfering money or recieving money anywhere in the world.
SUBJECT: ADEDEJI I NEED CARD4NAIJA to aderibigbeadedeji@yahoo.com or hotmail.com
Now you will say bye bye to DOMI,  DOMITILA,  or what ever, just like me.

Could you post detailed info here for all of us to share. Afterall we are here to educate ourselves on topical issues and ways of doing things easily.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 11:37pm On Dec 29, 2007
texas543:

Using OPS (other people's spreadsheet) I have come up with a combo pack cheesy cheesy cheesy, a very useful tool for suicide bombers! wink wink wink I have done FAT (factory acceptance test) on it but I want the whole house to TEST DRIVE it, before I patent it grin grin grin

Fundamentalist + Suicide bombers = WMD (Weapon of Mass destruction)

What a combo! grin grin grin. NSE is in trouble! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks @Texas

@all

Lets all look at the MACD on these 2 stocks computed, it just doesnt look right - If we follow the principle of the buy signal and sell signal using Moving averages - you would have missed it most of the time, but it looks like the RSI seems a bit more accurate . Compare the signals to the acutall price movements.

Maybe I dont get it?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Favour08(m): 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2007
@yodiyokun

Should we looking at RSI 14? I'm getting lost here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2007
yodiyokun:

Thanks @Texas

@all

Lets all look at the MACD on these 2 stocks computed, it  just doesnt look right - If we follow the principle of the buy signal and sell signal using Moving averages - you would have missed it most of the time, but it looks like the RSI seems a bit more accurate . Compare the signals to the acutall price movements.

Maybe I don't get it?

@yodiyokun
You are right. I have been looking at the whole analysis and I was amissed with buy/sell recommendation. Earlier on the forum, we were told to buy when RSI is less than equal to 30 and buy if it's greater or equal to 70. I stand to be corrected.
But from the analysis, I saw a buy recc for 70-80 RSI and sell signal for 25-40 RSI. I am confused, I think we all need look at what went wrong and finetune the formula for a better result.
Could it that Nigerian Markets is different from western stock market or why is it that the formula seems not work here.
Pls gurus, we need your input here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2007
yodiyokun:

Thanks @Texas

@all

Lets all look at the MACD on these 2 stocks computed, it just doesnt look right - If we follow the principle of the buy signal and sell signal using Moving averages - you would have missed it most of the time, but it looks like the RSI seems a bit more accurate . Compare the signals to the acutall price movements.

Maybe I don't get it?

people, I'd like to point out a few things here. You will get a better picture of the RSI when plotted against time (1 period ie 5 day or 10 day per plot so it doesnt't get messy) that way you will see the momentum of the stock. As for MACD you don't have to calculate it you know. if you plot the closing prices of a stock, right click on data point select add trend line then under the type tab click moving average there is a drop down box beside it select the number of days you want. repeat the process to add another MACD line for another period. In technical analyses charts tell a lot and they certainly tell better than tables. There are even chart patterns that when you see a the trend you can predict what direction the stock will go. for instance AGLEVENT did the converging triangle before the breakout. For more on chart patterns you can visit www.chartadvisor.com. It will teach you the five basic ones but really there are about 13 or so of them. It also talks stock supports and resistances. It seems we love AGLEVENT to death on this forum not that I blame anyone but it is one of the most undervalued stock out there. As per the question regarding brokers, I could recommend equator capital (www.equatorcapital.com) or MBC Securities. (www.mbcsec.com) both have online jobbing facilities but let me chip in some advise. Make your broker you best friend it goes a long way. Jumping from one house to another will not solve the problem just establish a personal rapport with him or her. Have a happy new year everyone

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by grabdaloot(m): 12:05am On Dec 30, 2007
yodiyokun:

Thanks @Texas

@all

Maybe I don't get it?

people, I'd like to point out a few things here. You will get a better picture of the RSI when plotted against time (1 period ie 5 day or 10 day per plot so it doesnt't get messy) that way you will see the momentum of the stock. As for MACD you don't have to calculate it you know. if you plot the closing prices of a stock, right click on data point select add trend line then under the type tab click moving average there is a drop down box beside it select the number of days you want. repeat the process to add another MACD line for another period. In technical analyses charts tell a lot and they certainly tell better than tables. There are even chart patterns that when you see a the trend you can predict what direction the stock will go. for instance AGLEVENT did the converging triangle before the breakout. For more on chart patterns you can visit www.chartadvisor.com. It will teach you the five basic ones but really there are about 13 or so of them. It also talks stock supports and resistances. It seems we love AGLEVENT to death on this forum not that I blame anyone but it is one of the most undervalued stock out there. As per the question regarding brokers, I could recommend equator capital (www.equatorcapital.com) or MBC Securities. (www.mbcsec.com) both have online jobbing facilities but let me chip in some advise. Make your broker you best friend it goes a long way. Jumping from one house to another will not solve the problem just establish a personal rapport with him or her. Have a happy new year everyone
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2007
grabdaloot:

Good talk. You need to make friend with your broker, don't be too forcy when dealing with them and try to be polite when exchanging emails. I notice some of us have this notion that orders are not executed promptly so have a negative mindset before making our orders. My advice is if an order is executed find out why and what should do next time. Those guys are good you know especially cashcraft. They reply my emails and treat me well. When I need money they transfer from stock a\c to my GTB without any stress. I just transferred N150k for Xmas and new yr festivity this week. Also I transfer from my GTB to Cashcraft without any problem. My orders are executed within two days and if stock is not available, they tell me.

Do make your broker a friend.

Happy new year to us all.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Panadol(m): 12:30am On Dec 30, 2007
The 5 Best Places to Invest

2007 top five performers:

Country Return

Bangladesh 134%
China 132%
Ukraine 125%
Cote d'Ivorie 110%
Nigeria 106%

Source: Motley Fool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 12:44am On Dec 30, 2007
dejiman:

Now you will say bye bye to DOMI,  DOMITILA,  or what ever, just like me.

@dejiman.
Thanks for your email.

@all
Has anyone transferred money via grapgcard to Nigeria before? Pls let me know.
Can the whole house check the site below if this is real:
http://www.graphcard.com/default_elp.asp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Princesege(m): 12:46am On Dec 30, 2007
Panadol:

The 5 Best Places to Invest

2007 top five performers:

Country                Return

Bangladesh        134%
China                  132%
Ukraine               125%
Cote d'Ivorie       110%
Nigeria                106%

Source:  Motley Fool
@Panadol.
What does it take to invest in those countries pls.
I am interested.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by texas543(m): 12:52am On Dec 30, 2007
grabdaloot:

Pls what are u talking about here? Do u have a software that does that? should we just forget about MACD and use RSI?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 1:08am On Dec 30, 2007
@grabdaloot.

Thanks for taking time to understand this RSI thing,
I have looked at some very interesting trends and it is revealing, !

I notice the importance of the underlying market trend (bullish or bearish) and the significance of individual smoothing factor (based on the prevailing news/rumour/investment objective).

Any help on how I can use a web-query to pull the data from relevant website and get a macro to do the rest !, will be very handy for people with more than 5 stocks in their portfolio wink
I know it is possible, just haven't got the time to find out !

Any takers!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bivins1(m): 1:24am On Dec 30, 2007
@nypurr,londoncool,dejiman and princesage
thanks guys for your prompt reply. i am going to royal bank on monday to find out if i can send money .
@yodiyokun
my sister just come ignore me after i sent her an e mail . make we try connect . we no fit dey canada together and we no dey talk
@grabdaloot e be like say you want grab the loot alone oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.