Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,619 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (817955 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoanBroker: 12:34am On Jan 21, 2008
@All

I bought some Intercontinental shares at the 2006 PO. I am based in the UK and my broker told me that I have to come to Nigeria to verify my signature ? Is this true?

I need to sell the shares and I do not know how to go about it. Please HELP!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:49am On Jan 21, 2008
Guys.

This is the 360th page of our educative thread.Time we all did a 360 degrees check on what each member can do to keep it real.

I suggest peeps ease-up on the sychophancy thing. . . . . .

Lets be consciously mature.

Maturity was when a lot of peeps kept silent when FatherOf2 posted an open rebuff in response to Wanajo's post to him.Remember?The "story-story" thing.

Peeps see.Peeps feel.Peeps choose to be mature.

Guess I felt.Guess I probably am not being too mature with my last post above when I sniggered.And my not being silent now.

So I must do my 360 degrees also. . . . .
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 12:53am On Jan 21, 2008
Krrush:

Dare they question advice that was sought without question from their Father?

@Krrush, you wan put me for trouble? ha question withdrawn lipsrsealed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Krrush(m): 12:58am On Jan 21, 2008
@invisible

I'v retracted myself,kind-of.

See above post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 1:09am On Jan 21, 2008
to all
[b][/b]great feat has been attained on this thread i must say ,big GBOSA for seun who developed this website and all of you great intellectuals i.e FATHER OF2,WINDYWENDY ,WANAJ0,AKPOTGUN,ROUGHCUT,PUMPIN,INVISIBLE AND THE REST in the house who has been contributing immensely to this thread so your compatriots go fit put hand for mouth and become mr somebody ! IT WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO THAT 200 PAGES FEAT WAS REACHED AND THAT TOOK ALMOST 2 YRS AND SEE! THAT HAS ALMOST BEEN DOUBLED AGAIN,

UNA TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH OOOOOOOOOOOOO

U GET MOUTH LIKE ELEPHANT!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by oxfordkid(m): 1:11am On Jan 21, 2008
@Fatherof2

no talk sey i come again ooo but how much do you think would be ideal for entry price for uba,oceanic ,fcmb and phb?please help your little pikin!thanx for yor prompt response earlier
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:24am On Jan 21, 2008
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200801211448414

Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc has allotted 10,011,100 units of its shares, at 50 kobo each to 700 its staffers who have been under its employment since July 2007.

According to an e-mailed statement from the company’s Head, Corporate Affairs, Mrs. Ngozi Ngene, obtained on Thursday, the shares were allotted to the workers in pursuit of the company’s policy to empower its workforce.

The statement also said that 85 other staffers were awarded for their long service in the company.

It quoted the Managing Director of the company , Mr. Abdullahi Sule as saying that the shares, which had been allotted to the workers, would be held under a ‘Share Staff Scheme.’

He said that the company’s management had resolved to encourage and reward its workforce for their commitment towards the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives.

Sule described year 2007 as a good year for the company and called on the management and staff to brace up for more challenges this year, in view of the management’s strategic initiatives for market expansion.

He added, “The expansion of the company’s new product line is in progress. This development will see to the addition of user friendly sizes of 20g, 500g and 1kg to the exiting 50kg package of Dangote Vitamin A, fortified white sugar; and enable the company meet customer’s demand.”
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hispy99(m): 5:56am On Jan 21, 2008
UBA increases share capital by the creation of 3 billion additional shares.

Elumelu denies that they are coming to the market soon but that the increase was done in case of any "eventuality", what ever that means.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3497
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:12am On Jan 21, 2008
Well, maybe they are planning a bonus later on in the year?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:55am On Jan 21, 2008
invisible!:

@ all the gurus in the house, what is so good about unilever with a very high PE, as opposed to UACN with a lower PE. why should we buy unilever? as advised by Father of 2 earlier.

while waiting for the gurus to answer, I will personally not go near any of them.

Unilever is operating in a sector with many competitors and tight margins.

UACN has a relatively low PE because of extra ordinary items. That's what's been boosting their profit for some years now. Likely to declare a bonus this year though. In terms of fundamentals, nothing special. I am actually selling.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 11:08am On Jan 21, 2008
On MTN, MTNI (MTN International) is a publicly traded company (listed on the Johannesburg and New York stock exchanges) and as such cannot offer forward looking statements. Each unit of the fund is equivalent to approximately 400 units of MTN, be advised at the end of the investment these shares will be exchanged for shares of the exit “SPV” at a yet to be determined ratio.

That's the info I got about the profit forecast (none is available)

With 400 MTN shares per unit, the shares are being sold @ US$25. Not bad for those that can wait for 3 years or more.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LoanBroker: 11:32am On Jan 21, 2008
@Wanaj0 and Fof2

I bought my Intercontinental shares at the 2006 PO and my broker told me that, I have to go to Nigeria to verify my signature in order to sell.

Please, what do I do? I respect you guys.
Lol
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bagoma(f): 11:39am On Jan 21, 2008
hello wanajo/ father of 2,
please i need ur advice.
i have abt 250k, what stocks do u think i should go for maximum returns in say 4 to 6months time.
please note that i have UBA, GTB, Zenith, Flour mills, WAPCO, Firstbank, Cornerstone, Lasaco and a few others.

please respond. i want to give the buy order today. thanks.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2008
hispy99:

UBA increases share capital by the creation of 3 billion additional shares.

Elumelu denies that they are coming to the market soon but that the increase was done in case of any "eventuality", what ever that means.

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3497

I think it means BONUS if we do well this year. If Q-1 momentum is maintained, DPS of up to N2 and bonus shares will not come as a surprise. If they are increasing it now, I think they plan to use it this year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2008
wanaj0:

while waiting for the gurus to answer, I will personally not go near any of them.

Unilever is operating in a sector with many competitors and tight margins.

UACN has a relatively low PE because of extra ordinary items. That's what's been boosting their profit for some years now. Likely to declare a bonus this year though. In terms of fundamentals, nothing special. I am actually selling.

Oga Wanajo, I tend to agree with you. But some people have already gotten their PZ bags, what is your take on this seeing that it also has one of the lowest PE ratios in that sector- 19.49, released an impressive result(though not FANTASTIC).

@PUMPING, Happy new week. Hope you filled your PZ bag so we can continue with this PHB flight?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 12:10pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Loanbroke

The problem is that of irregular signature. l had it too , and sorted it out by getting a banker confirmation of signature. lf you have a bank account here in Nigeria, u can get the letter from them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
@upward - I dey your side and I'm checking my fuel level on the Bank PHB Turbo Jet. I may need to make a small stopover today to top up but it won't be for long. Don't get off the flight then though because the terminal building is still some distance away.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2008
@pumping,
i wonder how full this our PZ flightis, because the less the pasengers the lighter and more room to relax in the craft. But I hope it has as much momentum like the PHB turbo jet, so that we don't crashland. BTW who is the captain for this one?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2008
Pumping,
Just realised that you live in Philadelphia.And to think I was there last week.I for come "dobale" for you.You guys are doing great.Have you,Fatherofmany,Wanajo all thought of coming together and writing a book on "The Nigerian Stock Exchange and Suicide Bombing".

Walahi it will be a big sell.Just make sure you use your nairaland names.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2008
upward:

Oga Wanajo, I tend to agree with you. But some people have already gotten their PZ bags, what is your take on this seeing that it also has one of the lowest PE ratios in that sector- 19.49, released an impressive result(though not FANTASTIC).

@PUMPING, Happy new week. Hope you filled your PZ bag so we can continue with this PHB flight?

Personally, I don't do low margins and low growthrate. If you can't grow your PAT above 25% then you will rank very low.

That said PZ is not in my books.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2008
blueband:

Pumping,
Just realised that you live in Philadelphia.And to think I was there last week.I for come "dobale" for you.You guys are doing great.Have you,Fatherofmany,Wanajo all thought of coming together and writing a book on "The Nigerian Stock Exchange and Suicide Bombing".

Walahi it will be a big sell.Just make sure you use your nairaland names.

Good idea. Akpotogun is a good candidate.

Me, I no sabi book talk less of writing one.

Aside, Nigerians, nay blacks, hardly read!!!! With all the info on this thread, sometimes you get amazed by the questions some ask. To some people, reading is the greatest punishment for them in the whole world.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MyPeace(f): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Wanajo

Can u talk to me now, please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2008
If you put the book in simple words like you guys have done on Nairaland it will be a big sell.Black people read.Many people read this thread.In my hospital alone 3 of us are so commited to this thread.There are many silent readers who do not contribute .I followed this thread for 3 months before making my first contribution.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2008
blueband:

If you put the book in simple words like you guys have done on Nairaland it will be a big sell.Black people read.Many people read this thread.In my hospital alone 3 of us are so commited to this thread.There are many silent readers who do not contribute .I followed this thread for 3 months before making my first contribution.

My brother, Nigerians will not even open the book to find out the content.

Moreover, if Seun ask people to pay 500.00 per annum for access to Nairaland you will see as people will RUN!!!!

You need to understand our mentality. What is making this thread to be interesting is because it is free. Once a cost is attached, we will normally pick race.

Taht said, I think Akpotogun is the best candidate. Maybe Easimoni also. Fatherof2 go dey too busy and me I no sabi BOOK
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 21, 2008
@Fof2,Pumping, Aktopgun, Yodi

Kindly forward the excel stuff for stock technical analysis to me.

I am really enjoying you guys. Keep up the good work.

My email is kadewunmi@yahoo.com
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2008
The market today , 1.20pm on the spot,

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2008
wanaj0:

My brother, Nigerians will not even open the book to find out the content.

Moreover, if Seun ask people to pay 500.00 per annum for access to Nairaland you will see as people will RUN!!!!

You need to understand our mentality. What is making this thread to be interesting is because it is free. Once a cost is attached, we will normally pick race.

Taht said, I think Akpotogun is the best candidate. Maybe Easimoni also. Fatherof2 go dey too busy and me I no sabi BOOK

so bros u think i have writing talent ehn? Finally i have identified another gift with the help of nairaland cheesy cheesy. thanks for the recommendation. i have actually been thinking of it for a while but held back cuz of the self same reasons u identified. it's a dream to wite for me but some people say "i too do book" and wont bother reading it. a study done in the earlier part of this millenium on black people in the US showed that the black man spent the least percentage of their finances on books that yr and the largest percentage on depreciating things like cars and big screen TVs. The black man sha!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2008
Akpotogun, met many Nigerians who on moving houses they mistakenly open books only to find cheques/money inside.

I told someone to hide his money in books and he can be sure armed robbers no go even open am.

That's just black amn for you. we beleive in 'shiny shiny' things
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:54pm On Jan 21, 2008
Anyone on the Cappa and Dalberto train!!!!We just dey cruise sslowly and steadily. No bumps no storms!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by lawalidowu(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2008
chevron is really chasing AP o! or trying to keep up at least.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2008
In the words of Oga WanajO, anybody on the Equity Assurance train? What is moving this stock, as per guru talk, fundamentals no support am. Technicals show overbought. RSI don dey reach 100. shocked

Since I no sabi I go ask ni ke! If this stock is breaking new grounds as in new highs to meet up with its peers, in the region of N5 - N7 is it possible for indicators to show overbought/RSI into the 70's

I beg mak una ansa student o grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2008
I just offloaded my equityasur.After making a profit of 100 percent.I only bought in November.Greed almost allow me no sell.But like the gurus always say, "stick to your exit plan and don't be greedy"

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.