Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,199 members, 7,867,475 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:50 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820918 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 9:24am On Feb 06, 2008
Pennywise:

This is a direct challenge to Nigerian investors in general and Roughcut in particular. Entire bank vaults will emptied on Dangote he will have no choice but to return money. I see 50% accommodation max.

Me ke? In case you havent heard i'm very allergic to IPO/PO's they give me terrible skin rashes grin grin grin grin grin grin. I will wait till when its listed and if i get to buy on the floor i will ride with it and bail out.

ROGrab da loot and RO abi FO2?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 9:28am On Feb 06, 2008
ty_ademolu:

Also, did anyone recieved returned cheques from the chams offer submitted to skye bank

My supposed broker told me he could not submit mine anymore, that UBA sidelined skye bank in submitting the forms and all skye bank forms were not entertained.

Please let me know if I'm the only one who heard this story, or if it is actually true.

Thanks

Well, the processing is still ongoing hence there is no returned cheque yet.

However, what I know is that UBA is the lead issuing house but all the other 3 issuing houses (SKYE, SANTRUST and FIDELITY) also underwrote a certain percentage of the offer. Based on what I am told, there should not be any refund money. This is because each house was to stop receiving forms once they reach the underwritten amount!!!! So, if your broker submitted your application after that point, your application will likely not be accepted. What I am not sure off is what will happen to those that submitted applications directly to CHAMS.

UBA Global market was not transparent and clean in their handling of that transaction at all!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 9:52am On Feb 06, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Goodday everybody most especially the Gurus in the House.Please i just have three big questions bugging my mind,if u can just attempt to help me answer.The first is if somebody sells 41,038 Guinneans Insurance at 4.95k which amounts to a total of N203,138.10.How much will be all the charges (commission,sec,broker's fees etc)on this total amount?

Secondly, Now that Dangote has returned all money back, AT WHAT STAGE can we get the dangote flour on the floor.

Lastly, i hear people on the Nairaland trend offering their shares to any interested Nairalander at a discount, how is that possible to see shares to somebody without going through a stockbroker.

Thank u ,while i expect your answers

For your 1st question, it actually depends on the %age charged by your broker for a buy or sell order. Charges (all inclusive) vary between 2.2%-3.5%. So let's say it's 3%, the commission on this sell order will be 6,094naira. Hope u understand!

And for the last question, I believe they have to get their brokers involved, that's why u read them asking for eachother's broker.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 9:58am On Feb 06, 2008
FatherOF2:

Eh u , i dey miss my beautifull thread oh. Wey time now.

@ Upward
How are our flights doing, PZ is up N2 card since then,don't worry more are coming. Air Larfarge is all up (feet)(N)4 since last week. Excellent bro.

My dear Fatherof2, I really appreciate your effort to make out time to reply all necessary info you feel you have missed out on. It is well, I pray you have more time so we'll keep benefiting from your incisive and somewhat straight to the point posts.

About my PZ and WAPCO flights, well doing well for now, since we are all bullish. But like you said, the GOOD TIMES will not last forever, so wisdom is required to know when to bail out of one's SHORT DISTANCE FLIGHTS.  However, I've been picking up some UBA, Dangotesugar and Oceanic when they bottomed out (although I bought some UBA at 50+, but still picked up a reasonable chunk at 49). So, like Oga wanajo will say, those are possibly LONG HAUL FLIGHTS for me, but I must also apply FatherOf2 strategy of "taking out your profit and allowing the principal to still be growing" abi FO2

@All,
Please, who knows when CSCS accounts will be credited for the Fidelity and AIICO POs Abeg answer me now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by harrisoft(m): 10:21am On Feb 06, 2008
@ roughtcut
i can not remember seeing your post where you accepted that your original position on RSI BUY/SELL was WRONG or do you think it do not matter, thousand of people are reading this tread for God sake, angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2008
harrisoft:

@ roughtcut
i can not remember seeing your post where you accepted that your original position on RSI BUY/SELL was WRONG or do you think it do not matter, thousand of people are reading this tread for God sake, angry angry

What's the problem mate? Pumping777 has clarified the issues raised as i said so in my post. It does not matter as we have gone round and round in circles over this and issues raised and clarified. Finito!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2008
Well, it seems firstbank and dunlop would be gaining 5% today

wanaj0:

Well, the processing is still ongoing hence there is no returned cheque yet.

However, what I know is that UBA is the lead issuing house but all the other 3 issuing houses (SKYE, SANTRUST and FIDELITY) also underwrote a certain percentage of the offer. Based on what I am told, there should not be any refund money. This is because each house was to stop receiving forms once they reach the underwritten amount!!!! So, if your broker submitted your application after that point, your application will likely not be accepted. What I am not sure off is what will happen to those that submitted applications directly to CHAMS.

UBA Global market was not transparent and clean in their handling of that transaction at all!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2008
The twin factor seems to be at work over the UBA stock price, this stock has been stagnant despite its relative cheapness, until Zenith came off the hooks and did a 10%.

UBA now seems ready to rise, in readiness to give Zenith a good chase.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2008
The twin factor seems to be at work over the UBA stock price, this stock has been stagnant despite its relative cheapness, until Zenith came off the hooks and did a 10%.

UBA now seems ready to rise, in readiness to give Zenith a good chase.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 10:57am On Feb 06, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Captain
 Men e be like na this week we go kill goat for our plane oh. That N32 card must come do or die. 25% must complete for this flight otherwise na hand i go take
 push plane go air like superman take push that space shuttle go space.

After all these people wey carry heavy load comot for the last air stop, the plane don light now and e come dey pick up better altitude.

I go soon swith the propeller engine to the turbo jet tripple stage engine make we rise enough to fit see clearly wetin them write for the underbelly of the GTB plane grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shawla: 10:59am On Feb 06, 2008
@roughcut
Pls do u think costain will catch up wit CAPALBETO.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2008
shawla:

@roughcut
Please do u think costain will catch up wit CAPALBETO.

I'm not in CAPALBETO if it is what i think it is so not sure what's happening there!. Costain is doing very well at the moment good till when they release their FY results in April/May-June
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 11:17am On Feb 06, 2008
Well

Who dey untop the dunlop plane with me, from todays share price e be like say the share price don break resistance.

The tyre na dunlop, engine na dunlop, everything na dunlop

e be like say na australia we dey go,

Accomodation is still on for late entry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2008
shawla:

@roughcut

Wait till when those who subscribed to the PO start selling and hopefully you can enter then when the price would somewhat trade downwards that would be the time to strike. Hopefully certificates would be verified before FY results are announced. It's on very strong bid now and that's why the price is sky-rocketing. Its a fundamentally sound stock anyday!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shawla: 11:24am On Feb 06, 2008
@ roughcut
thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:32am On Feb 06, 2008
@pumping,
welldone-o, I see you are enjoying your PHB flight now, just gathering more altitude before cruising. Please do you have the answer to my previous question. Seems like everybody has abandoned me on that one: when will the CSCS accounts of AIICO and Fidelity PO buyers be credited
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:36am On Feb 06, 2008
upward:

@pumping,
Please do you have the answer to my previous question. Seems like everybody has abandoned me on that one: when will the CSCS accounts of AIICO and Fidelity PO buyers be credited

No clue. They never meet up with the dates in the prospectus. However, I don't expect any of these to be credited (if this is the case) soon. Not within the next 3 months for Fidelity and even 6 months for Aiico. Aiico just finished bare a month ago na.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2008
Just want to inform u though i know that the gurus in the house already know that:

1. ASO SAVINGS & LOANS PLC  is processing a supplementary offer for N1.00.
2. ACCESS Bank is processing a Redeemable Debenture Stock, placing to IFC,BIO & FINNFUND at PAR (What does it mean by at PAR?)
3.GOLDLINK INSURANCE PLC is processing a private placement. at N1.50
4.Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc is processing a private placement at N0.80
5.Nigerdock Nig plc is processing a sale at N1.70
6.Nigeria Re Insurance plc is processing a subscription offer for sale at N2.20

Please gurus in the house let us know when all these happens mostly with the private placement which normally take place in a single day
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2008
pumping777:

No clue. They never meet up with the dates in the prospectus. However, I don't expect any of these to be credited (if this is the case) soon. Not within the next 3 months for Fidelity and even 6 months for Aiico. Aiico just finished bare a month ago na.

Thanks a lot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2008
pumping777:

After all these people wey carry heavy load comot for the last air stop, the plane don light now and e come dey pick up better altitude.

I go soon swith the propeller engine to the turbo jet tripple stage engine make we rise enough to fit see clearly wetin them write for the underbelly of the GTB plane grin grin grin

Which jet be this one GTB or PHB? If na PHB i don commot profit dey go window-shopping na only carry-on luggage i get for board now grin grin grin grin grin

I hope to reconnect  before they announce Q3 results in May-June or thereabouts. Abeg make sure say nobody occupy my seat o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2008
@roughcut
Quote from: shawla on Today at 10:59:59 AM
@roughcut

Wait till when those who subscribed to the PO start selling and hopefully you can enter then when the price would somewhat trade downwards that would be the time to strike. Hopefully certificates would be verified before FY results are announced. It's on very strong bid now and that's why the price is sky-rocketing. Its a fundamentally sound stock anyday!

I remember my Uni days when the Ikemba (a product of Oxford) came to address us. Of course he was much stronger then and in his oratorial best. You will soon have the honour of being his alma mater even though it will be as an adult student grin grin grin. A certain student asked a question and the more studious and serious minded ones amongst us felt aggrieved that this person don generally fall our hand considering the speech so eloquetly rendered by the Ikemba Nnewi. His reply: it is not the question but how it is answered. I appreciate your posts.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2008
Pennywise:

@roughcut
I remember my Uni days when the Ikemba (a product of Oxford) came to address us. Of course he was much stronger then and in his oratorial best. You will soon have the honour of being his alma mater even though it will be as an adult student grin grin grin. A certain student asked a question and the more studious and serious minded ones amongst us felt generally aggrieved that this person don fall our hand considering the speech so eloquetly rendered by the Ikemba Nnewi. His reply: it is not the question but how it is answered. I appreciate your posts.

And may i add that there are no silly questions  the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2008
RoughCut:

And may i add that there are no stupid questions the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask grin grin grin grin grin grin

Perhaps you want to edit the s-word.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2008
Pennywise:

Perhaps you want to edit the s-word.
Thinking about it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2008
RoughCut:

And may i add that there are no silly questions the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well done. Better silly than ---. You are worthy to share the same alma matter with the Ikemba.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Just want to inform u though i know that the gurus in the house already know that:

1. ASO SAVINGS & LOANS PLC  is processing a supplementary offer for N1.00.
2. ACCESS Bank is processing a Redeemable Debenture Stock, placing to IFC,BIO & FINNFUND at PAR (What does it mean by at PAR?)
3.GOLDLINK INSURANCE PLC is processing a private placement. at N1.50
4.Sovereign Trust Insurance Plc is processing a private placement at N0.80
5.Nigerdock Nig plc is processing a sale at N1.70
6.Nigeria Re Insurance plc is processing a subscription offer for sale at N2.20

Please gurus in the house let us know when all these happens mostly with the private placement which normally take place in a single day

Guess you copied this from the SEC website. Well they don't update that website.

Goldlink has concluded the special PP. I posted the allotment details here. 8 people only applied (yes) and were allotted in full!!!! That tells you how special the PP is.

Sovereign Trust I think has concluded their own PP also.

Nigerdock, not sure anything is happening there.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
Pennywise:

Well done. Better silly than ---. You are worthy to share the same alma matter with the Ikemba.

Wa o! i will take that as a compliment shall i?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Pennywise(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2008
RoughCut:

Wa o! i will take that as a compliment shall i?

In the NSE world that we are, when you are big, you are big. In the book world how do you say it? I am kind of constrained.Anyway just know that you have more than your immediate family and friends praying for you as you take next big leap.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
WANAJO,na wah o!!!I just saw your reponse now and in great shock.I thought the PP had not been done and that's why i was informing the house and at the same time asking that anybody that has useful information should let the others know.

I didn't know when you informed the forum ,next time i go put my eyes down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
Pennywise:

In the NSE world that we are, when you are big, you are big. In the book world how do you say it? I am kind of constrained.Anyway just know that you have more than your immediate family and friends praying for you as you take next big leap.
Ah thank you o! Just as God did not forget Joseph when everybody else seems to have God will also remember you. Your light shall shine out of obscurity

AMEN
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:04pm On Feb 06, 2008
[Guess you copied this from the SEC website. Well they don't update that website.

Goldlink has concluded the special PP. I posted the allotment details here. 8 people only applied (yes) and were allotted in full!!!! That tells you how special the PP is.

Sovereign Trust I think has concluded their own PP also.

Nigerdock, not sure anything is happening there.

]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:07pm On Feb 06, 2008
Looks like our mighty Zenith is having a stop=over sooner than expected. It's loosing 1.00 naira today on the floor. Also seems like the light has fully shun on the Petroleum sector, most of them are jsut comfortably sittinginthe gainers chart with high figures. NSE, very interesting-o

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.