Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:59 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820674 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:09pm On Feb 06, 2008
Rhemagirl:

[Guess you copied this from the SEC website. Well they don't update that website.

Goldlink has concluded the special PP. I posted the allotment details here. 8 people only applied (yes) and were allotted in full!!!! That tells you how special the PP is.

Sovereign Trust I think has concluded their own PP also.

Nigerdock, not sure anything is happening there.

]

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:11pm On Feb 06, 2008
upward:

Looks like our mighty Zenith is having a stop=over sooner than expected. It's loosing 1.00 naira today on the floor. Also seems like the light has fully shun on the Petroleum sector, most of them are jsut comfortably sittinginthe gainers chart with high figures. NSE, very interesting-o

Ha. If you have been following the Zenith discussion you will note that some already predicted that it will lose steam today. It may still come out strong at end of trading but the turbulence must hit today as profit takers go for 5% on large volumes. That N50 mark is a heavy resistance line for now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
pumping777:

Ha. If you have been following the Zenith discussion you will note that some already predicted that it will lose steam today. It may still come out strong at end of trading but the turbulence must hit today as profit takers go for 5% on large volumes. That N50 mark is a heavy resistance line for now.

I followed it-o my brother but didn't really believe it, thought it could be able to weather the resistance. Na wa-o for all this large volume profit-takers. Anyway, it's good for some more people to come on board, then it will take off again, viz-a-viz the PHB phenomenon.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2008
For those that had any doubts about this.

----

Please note that an Individual Investor is expected to have only a single Clearing House Number (CHN) across all Stockbroking firms. The Investor's acount number changes but the CHN remains the same.

Investors with different CHN should apply through their Stockbroking firm(s) for change of CHN.

Thank you.

Admin.
www.cscsnigerialtd.com
- www.cscsnigerialtd.com Staff
---------
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:31pm On Feb 06, 2008
pumping777:

For those that had any doubts about this.

----

Please note that an Individual Investor is expected to have only a single Clearing House Number (CHN) across all Stockbroking firms. The Investor's acount number changes but the CHN remains the same.

Investors with different CHN should apply through their Stockbroking firm(s) for change of CHN.

Thank you.

Admin.
www.cscsnigerialtd.com
- www.cscsnigerialtd.com Staff
---------

Thanks for that. This has been argued severally on this and other threads. CLEARED NOW!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sanjayPH(m): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2008
please can anybody advise on which stock i can put money on. I have 2M and i want to invest it, but dont know which shares to buy for short and medium terms.
Gurus in the house. pls advise.
@ wanajo
abeg help with some advise
@ father of 2
ur comment is welcomed too
@ALL
PLEASE RESPOND IM WAITING
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2008
@All
especially for the Access lovers,   not impressed as as outstanding is now ~16b

ACCESS BANK PLC
UNAUDITED NINE MONTHS RESULT ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2007
                         2007       2006     %CHANGE
TURNOVER                 N41.890b   N17.127b  145
PROFIT BEFORE TAXATION   N13.153b   N4.303b   206
TAXATION                (N4.2b)    (N1.075b)  291
PROFIT AFTER TAXATION    N8.994b    N3.227b   177
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
Haven't heard a word from union diagnostics per the listing of their stock,they promised one month,but now it's four months already from October.

Anyways,whether the devil likes it or not ogoro must jump,as I'm prepared for the longest hull with them.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2008
hi, all does anybody have any infomation on Transcop shares and the latest on it grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2008
Bmcc:

hi, all does anybody have any infomation on Transcop shares and the latest on it grin

Whether the resurgence of yesterday will be sustainable or a flash in the pan you mean?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2008
Whether the resurgence of yesterday will be sustainable or a flash in the pan you mean?

yes
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2008
yes
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2008
Hey, a word of caution here.Let it be NOTED that nobody has the monopoly of knowledge(and information),so on no account should nairalanders talk down to fellow nairalanders while answering their harmless posts.Let's be civilised please.

Big ups Rough Cut
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ All

What is going on with Transcorp? The dry bone seems to be alive or what? It has gain almost the full 10% in 2 days now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
For a company whose share price started rallying only after being issued an ultimatum to be resuscitated,personally I'm not moved by the appreciation.If a business is not making money,how can they deliver returns on investment.Of all the companies in the transcorp fold,it's only Mtel that could really make the stock attractive,if it's performing.But alas,Mtel is the industry laggard in the telecomms sector,so forget all those stories about  optic  fibres they've laid from Jerusalem to Jericho,I'm in the telecomm sector and yes OF technology is desirable,but there are now new and cheaper outdoor BTS solutions that operators are rapidly deploying in the hinterlands of Nigeria and beyond,which translates to more subscribers on their network,which in turn translates to more revenue.Go figure.Abi na only Transcorp Hilton them wan take stand ?Plllllllease
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2008
FirstBank notched up 5% today. May be trying to move towards the 50.00 mark!!!! That no go dey easy for an ELEPHANT OOO

Chellaram also added another 5%. Those guys need to comfirm their plans for a PO. That is key to determining which of the airports to disembark from.

Flour Mill seems to have taken off!!!! Closed at 92.41 gaining 5% Same for Dangote Sugar. It should hit the 50.00 mark in readiness for the result. If Q1 2008 result is juicy as expected, expect it to soar high.

BOC as expected notched up another 4.99% to close @ 20.47. Learnt that as you go higher you need to shed some load. Pilot asked whether he should release some fuel to balance the load so I volunteered to reduce my kg instead. I don't wnat to hear that fuel finished mid air!!!!

Almost all the insurance companies collected the expected 5% gain so nothing special there.

Mobil was a major loser on the petroleum sector. Lost over N10.00 today. Oando is showing that with patience, you will make it BIG on the NSE. The rejected stone is now 150. Thinking some people that bought the PO out of frustration sold @ 75.00 just some few weeks ago. God dey!!

UNTL, a company that closed its factory, laid of its workers will likely be the BEST performer on the NSE this year. Gained another 5% today!!!!

And for those that like paper profit, Dangote Flour gained 5% today in 1 deal. Who is the person that already has Dangote Flour share certificate? Who is the person selling. Watch the volumes. I hope nobody on Nairaland is putting in a BUY order. Because the order will likely be executed for you @ 30.00 and after that, the price go nosedive come like 20.00. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2008
pls i have some shares in NASCON any news about them
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:39pm On Feb 06, 2008
wanaj0:

FirstBank notched up 5% today. May be trying to move towards the 50.00 mark!!!! That no go dey easy for an ELEPHANT OOO

Chellaram also added another 5%. Those guys need to comfirm their plans for a PO. That is key to determining which of the airports to disembark from.

Flour Mill seems to have taken off!!!! Closed at 92.41 gaining 5% Same for Dangote Sugar. It should hit the 50.00 mark in readiness for the result. If Q1 2008 result is juicy as expected, expect it to soar high.

BOC as expected notched up another 4.99% to close @ 20.47. Learnt that as you go higher you need to shed some load. Pilot asked whether he should release some fuel to balance the load so I volunteered to reduce my kg instead. I don't wnat to hear that fuel finished mid air!!!!

Almost all the insurance companies collected the expected 5% gain so nothing special there.

Mobil was a major loser on the petroleum sector. Lost over N10.00 today. Oando is showing that with patience, you will make it BIG on the NSE. The rejected stone is now 150. Thinking some people that bought the PO out of frustration sold @ 75.00 just some few weeks ago. God dey!!

UNTL, a company that closed its factory, laid of its workers will likely be the BEST performer on the NSE this year. Gained another 5% today!!!!

And for those that like paper profit, Dangote Flour gained 5% today in 1 deal. Who is the person that already has Dangote Flour share certificate? Who is the person selling. Watch the volumes. I hope nobody on Nairaland is putting in a BUY order. Because the order will likely be executed for you @ 30.00 and after that, the price go nosedive come like 20.00. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

Good point Wanaj0,but you failed to mention Big Treat too
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:42pm On Feb 06, 2008
rasputinn:

Hey, a word of caution here.Let it be NOTED that nobody has the monopoly of knowledge(and information),so on no account should nairalanders talk down to fellow nairalanders while answering their harmless posts.Let's be civilised please.

Big ups Rough Cut

You are beginning to sound like my old headmaster grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by rasputinn(m): 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2008
Actually,I've been one(a headmaster);in other waysgrin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
@ Fof2 - Thanks for confirming what i am seeing about the insurance coy, i go join you do arm robber, with one leg in, I don get some advice from Madam Windy too.

@Oga Pumping - this one wey you decline to pilot Zenith, i go do the piloting myself - Anyone onboard, this is the right time to pickup some more from the floor today - i no go talk more than that.

@Emmachile - na true Oga Wanaj0 talk about FBN, na the donkey wey we go ride enter jerusalem be that o,
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2008
rasputinn:

Good point Wanaj0,but you failed to mention Big Treat too

My brother, I saw BIG TREAT's PP when it came out and there was nothing attractive about it!!!!

Well, the volume has incraesed now so expect a U turn. Hope no one gets caught in. Expecting weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2008
I finally caught up.

Reading and watching from the sidelines.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2008
Wanaj0 and Yodi,
Please do you think that NEM and GuineaI will sustain this them run? Abi na 'pasmaga'?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2008
wanaj0:

Hope no one gets caught in. Expecting weeping and gnashing of teeth.

You have said it all Wanajo,
And again what is driving the insurance stock prices??  Recapitalization?  Which recapitalization??  Where are the innovative market strategies in that sector?  Is it the N333m 3rd quarter PAT of NEM with over 5bn outstanding shares that is driving the price.  Very soon there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  In a BULL market, if the name of SAVANNAH BANK were to be on the list of quoted companies its shares would still be on BID, not minding the army of lizards crawling in their former branches across the nation.  Nothing kills faster than Hype,  The way fundamentals have been thrown over board, hope cardiac arrest will not arrest some unwary investors grin grin.  NOT MY PRAYER ANY WAY.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2008
faketan:

Wanaj0 and Yodi,
Please do you think that NEM and GuineaI will sustain this them run? Abi na 'pasmaga'?

Well, if you bought NEM @ N0.55 in 2006, be rest assured that nEM is not going below N2.00 at least not in the next 18months so no shaking!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2008
wanaj0:

Well, if you bought NEM @ N0.55 in 2006, be rest assured that nEM is not going below N2.00 at least not in the next 18months so no shaking!!
Haha I wish. I bought @3.83  my bros. Just watching the jumps. Not in a haste though that is why I am asking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2008
Mr. Risky:

You have said it all Wanajo,
And again what is driving the insurance stock prices??  Recapitalization?  Which recapitalization??  Where are the innovative market strategies in that sector?  Is it the N333m 3rd quarter PAT of NEM with over 5bn outstanding shares that is driving the price.  Very soon there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  In a BULL market, if the name of SAVANNAH BANK were to be on the list of quoted companies its shares would still be on BID, not minding the army of lizards crawling in their former branches across the nation.  Nothing kills faster than Hype,  The way fundamentals have been thrown over board, hope cardiac arrest will not arrest some unwary investors grin grin.  NOT MY PRAYER ANY WAY.

How did you come up with 5bn oustanding shares for NEM? Have you added the shares to be issued for the acquisition of Vigilante

For me, teh safety NET is your entry price. Will not be buying UNIC @ 6.00. I mean the PO @ 1.10 in 2006 was UNDERsusbcribed!!! What has changed

That said, some of the insurance companies have a good business model. UNIC is one of them. NEM also is undergoing a turn around with the coming onboard of Vigilante so may give them the benefit of doubt.

Will like to see the declarations of those insurance company. How much divdend will they pay. For those who are in for the short time, exit before the year end result!!!! Those guys are miserly with declarations.

Also, the insurance sector will probably have the worst corporate governance. I think UNIC cleaned its books so I am a bit comfortable with them.

That said, there are huge opportunities in that sector. Life insurance is one. Then look at the Health insurance, local content for the oil industry etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2008
wanaj0:

How did you come up with 5bn oustanding shares for NEM? Have you added the shares to be issued for the acquisition of Vigilante

For me, the safety NET is your entry price. Will not be buying UNIC @ 6.00. I mean the PO @ 1.10 in 2006 was UNDERsusbcribed!!! What has changed

That said, some of the insurance companies have a good business model. UNIC is one of them. NEM also is undergoing a turn around with the coming onboard of Vigilante so may give them the benefit of doubt.

Will like to see the declarations of those insurance company. How much divdend will they pay. For those who are in for the short time, exit before the year end result!!!! Those guys are miserly with declarations.

Also, the insurance sector will probably have the worst corporate governance. I think UNIC cleaned its books so I am a bit comfortable with them.

That said, there are huge opportunities in that sector. Life insurance is one. Then look at the Health insurance, local content for the oil industry etc.

You are right Wanajo on the great potentials in the insurance industry. It is the outworking of the game that is my concern. What innovative packages have they shun out? How much have they poised to take advantage of the liberal government policies in their favour. Some truly working hard. Top on my list is the Unic you mentioned in the area of healthcare insurance, Staco is another great upcoming insurance firm, also with Continental Re. But let them spread their cards down by midyear before they can declare their holiness. Yes, Mutual Benefit too is going the way of the mortgages. For the long term that is one insurance firm that will take its own among its ranks. The future is bright no doubt, but how poised are they to take advantage of it, my worries - and sincere worries actually.

Well ride it on if you have entered, and make sure you took your seat near the exit door. Unless you are waiting for 3k dividend for a stock of N6 plus grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2008
After all is said and done - There is nothing driving insurance except HYPE.

Anyone going in at current prices is doing so at their own peril; I enjoyed the ride on Law and Union - though I had small units but it was fine with me.

All na sentiments for now - do not be caught with your pants down - The first half of last year insurance went over the roof and after June they started a sure and steady decline.

So with Insurance be very careful. Quick to rise - Quick to fall, therefore timing is very crucial here -do not let greed overtake you.

Those with 40% already - get out if you got in at high prices. For those like Wanaj0 that got it at armed robber gun point prices like 1.00 they can go to sleep - no matter the bears that rampage - the prices can never go that low ever again except there is a recession.

I have an intuition about Nascon - any one with news or ideas on that.

I am in on FBN for the very very long haul - if the prices dip I will buy more, this one is my RRSP plan.

Union Homes --- There is a heavy cloud over it but it will do well in the medium to long term , the mortgage business is gradually taking off.

Anyway my red balance sheet all of a sudden turned green this week - long live the bulls.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by emotimi: 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2008
Gurus in the house; I beg I don register as directed by CSCS below but yet to hear back from them. Any idea how long e go take them to respond?

IPO - My advise to the house is that we should all avoid them for now until sanity is restored to the system,

"
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your payment for online access to the CSCS LTD website has been confirmed.

However, you are yet to register online. Please logon to the site -
www.cscsnigerialtd.com and register your account for activation.

Thanks for your interest in CSCS.

Admin."
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2008
You spoke my mind on FBN, if it drops, I buy more from the loot from the UNINSURED prices of the insurance companies grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.