Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,772 members, 7,862,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:51 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820225 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gabros: 10:42am On Feb 11, 2008
Hello gurus in the house I need your assitance. I have access to Im naira as a loan to repay back in six months with 30% interest. I want to invest it in stock, hence I need advise on better stock to go for in order to make sustainable return and be able to repay the laon and interest.

Thanks as I await your candid response
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2008
@Pumping,
Hello Oga, how are you doing?? I hope you are very well. I MUST COMMEND YOUR SHOW OF MATURITY, AND APPROACH TO THE HAPPENINGS ON THIS FORUM OVER THE WEEKEND. YOU HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU ARE REALLY A MATURE AND RESPOSNSIBLE FELLOW. KEEP IT UP, KEEP PUMPING.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2008
@ Fatherof2,

Baba, if anyone follow you talk anything wey no sweet your belle, tell me and na mallet I go use redesign them dentition.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TeeHay(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2008
invisible!:

Thank God I have finished buying Beta glass and Longman before Oga easimoni hinted on it.

For a big guy like that to like what I bought shows me that I am growing in this business.

I thank all the gurus for the lessons and recommendations.

Intresting, when a guru verifies your statement, then you know yu are on the right road.
I had screamed about Longman about 1 week ago, with all the silence since, shows guys have been stocking it silently. Now wey one of the gurus (easi$) don talk, I don't want to imagine what would happen to the stock!!! If u neva enter, to ur own peril, remember some gurus don't talk about a stock until they have stockpiled enough, no fault of thiers, this thread get ppl with oil well pockets inside.

Guys, we have an invaluable goldmine in this thread, may we not allow unfoccused guys/gals to distract us.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2008
@gabros, do you mean you went and collented a million for 6 months at 30% interest? What were you thinking, or was it a typographical error? Well you must know something we dont, that is the only explanation for that type of financial planlessness.

Check in the last page for stock recommendations made this morning by some members, may help you out, then pray for luck, I think you are going to need it. cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:46am On Feb 11, 2008
@Pumping, wanajo, FO2, ALL
please, how does one receive bonuses and Dividends of stocks you bought from the secondary market I've been receiving bonuses and dividends, but from shares I bought from the primary market. I just started doing secondary market last year and will need some clarifications from the guys that have been doing this for a while now. I have a CSCS account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:49am On Feb 11, 2008
upward:

@Pumping, wanajo, FO2, ALL
please, how does one receive bonuses and Dividends of stocks you bought from the secondary market I've been receiving bonuses and dividends, but from shares I bought from the primary market. I just started doing secondary market last year and will need some clarifications from the guys that have been doing this for a while now. I have a CSCS account.

Your broker needs to confirm this. It depends on the address they are using for you.

If it is your personal address then you should get your warrants at this address.

Some brokers will do all your trades c/o their own office address so in this case warrants will be sent to your broker and passed on to you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 11:55am On Feb 11, 2008
pumping777:

Your broker needs to confirm this. It depends on the address they are using for you.

If it is your personal address then you should get your warrants at this address.

Some brokers will do all your trades c/o their own office address so in this case warrants will be sent to your broker and passed on to you.

Thank you so very much. You are highle appreciated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ All,

@gabros, do you mean you went and collented a million for 6 months at 30% interest? What were you thinking, or was it a typographical error? Well you must know something we don't, that is the only explanation for that type of financial planlessness.

Check in the last page for stock recommendations made this morning by some members, may help you out, then pray for luck, I think you are going to need it.  

People must be careful the way they borrow money to invest or na heart attack them go get oh.

Do not go and borrow money because everyone is borrowing money to invest.

Also study the terms of repayment or you will be in thr red

Be careful about the frenzy of the market so that you do not get burnt.

Its takes time to heal those burns oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
@Pumping777

What is your take on First Alluminium? And indeed the alluminium companies. Is there any govt policy in their favour under the new dispensation. I have been scouting for news, nothing seems to be found yet.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
here's a sort of addendum to my previous list which still stands

1.continental insurance - uptrend likely to continue

2.intenegins - Upsurge likely

3.cornerstone - drop likely to continue

4.abc transport - drop to continue

lets wait and see what the market tells us at close of day shall we.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2008
Mr. Risky:

@Pumping777

What is your take on First Alluminium? And indeed the alluminium companies. Is there any govt policy in their favour under the new dispensation. I have been scouting for news, nothing seems to be found yet.

I don't have any news but based on the profitabilty trend, it should be a company you can reap from a turnaroud.
The company made loses of 28M in Q-1 and increased this to 170M in Q-2. This dropped to 42M in Q-3 meaning a net PAT of around 130M in Q-3. If this is sustained, the company should be in the black when the Full Year results are declared.

Of course there is no guarantee since there is no news so there is high risk associated with this analysis.

If they make it into the black, based on the low nominal price of around N5 now, I will expect a good rally of the stock price.

I think Aluminium Extrusion is a still a good buy. The only problem is that the volumes traded are very very low.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 1:18pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

here's a sort of addendum to my previous list which still stands

1.continental insurance - uptrend likely to continue

2.intenegins - Upsurge likely

3.cornerstone - drop likely to continue

4.abc transport - drop to continue

lets wait and see what the market tells us at close of day shall we.
Yes
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2008
Oceanic Bank to pay INTERIM DIVIDEND. Reason behind the push in its share price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:26pm On Feb 11, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Oceanic Bank to pay INTERIM DIVIDEND.  Reason behind the push in its share price.

that can't be the only reason though. its still in the top 5 companies with lowest forward PE in its sector. has a good history and still making substantial profit. its a solid enough bank. what would have warranted a further drop in its price?
the only issue they have is those 22b large mouths they have to feed.
i think its good business on their part to announce this interim dividend now actually.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:29pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

that can't be the only reason though. its still in the top 5 companies with lowest forward PE in its sector. has a good history and still making substantial profit. its a solid enough bank. what would have warranted a further drop in its price?
the only issue they have is those 22b large mouths they have to feed.
i think its good business on their part to announce this interim dividend now actually.

AKT,

You are right. The way you "spoke" it's like you some kgs thereooooooo. abi?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2008
Dis Guy:

Hi all

How difficult is it to sell a stock that has been on bid and gaining for four straight days
I gave a sell order to my broker early Tuesday morning to sell some Lasaco to 'lock in profit' like mr. wanajo would say
but the broker still hasn't

I'm exactly in the same shoes & socks here, it's quite baffling that with the volume of trade & the fact that the stock has been on net bid, my broker has not been able to sell! Any explanations please?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
pumping777:

I don't have any news but based on the profitabilty trend, it should be a company you can reap from a turnaroud.
The company made loses of 28M in Q-1 and increased this to 170M in Q-2. This dropped to 42M in Q-3 meaning a net PAT of around 130M in Q-3. If this is sustained, the company should be in the black when the Full Year results are declared.

Of course there is no guarantee since there is no news so there is high risk associated with this analysis.

If they make it into the black, based on the low nominal price of around N5 now, I will expect a good rally of the stock price.

I think Aluminium Extrusion is a still a good buy. The only problem is that the volumes traded are very very low.

Thanks Pumping you spoke my mind. You see why you are sooooooooooooo dear to a lot of folks here!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2008
Mr. Risky:

AKT,

You are right.  The way you "spoke" it's like you some kgs thereooooooo.  abi?

cheesy  cheesy cheesy, not really, my friend. my luggage was too full it turns out but i still hijacked the plane sha!! cheesy  cheesy.

hmmm wonder where it will close today
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by X2X(m): 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2008
Hello All,

Quick question:

Why are Share Prices Marked down on dividend payment dates? I understand
marking down for bonuses but not for divs. In addition what is the formula
applied to determine the mark-down value (for dividend payment, as I already
understand that for bonus). An example would be appreciated.

Also, on the basis of the most recent FCMB PO allocation news, can anybody confirm
their of outstanding shares?

Merci beaucoup!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2008
just to say that i am happy for the fellas with wapco.
it looks set for bumper days ahead in a big way. reasons for saying so:

1. RSI above 50 (now just creeped over 70 actually)
2. candlesticks showed buyers are gaining the upper hand and therefore will drive prices higher.
3. MACD is above its trigger line and more importantly it recently crossed the centre zero line

wish i had it. then i could be wrong and just be blowing smoke  wink.
doubt it.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by dollyp1cute(f): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

cheesy cheesy cheesy, not really, my friend. my luggage was too full it turns out but i still hijacked the plane sha!! cheesy cheesy.

hmmm wonder where it will close today

If TRW site is to go by it closed today at N30, 80kobo down.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

just to say that i am happy for the fellas with wapco.
it looks set for bumper days ahead in a big way. reasons for saying so:

1. RSI above 50 (now just creeped over 70 actually)
2. candlesticks showed buyers are gaining the upper hand and therefore will drive prices higher.
3. MACD is above its trigger line and more importantly it recently crossed the centre zero line

wish i had it. then i could be wrong and just be blowing smoke  wink.
doubt it.

@aktopgun,
you really can't have everything. At least I'm happy you actually are piloting Oceanic (highjacked), I'm just right behind you on that flight, however I got into WAPCO a while ago, and I talked about it on this thread. The guys that listened must have all boarded by now, I entered at 68naira anyway. The rumor of the bonus seems to be gaining momentum as the days go buy. Let's see how high it can go, though there may be some turbulence on the way.

What do you have to say about PZ?? Thinking of exiting after reasonable gains, but the buyers seem to still be in control (at least on full bid as at Friday)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2008
adeyinkat:

I'm exactly in the same shoes & socks here, it's quite baffling that with the volume of trade & the fact that the stock has been on net bid, my broker has not been able to sell! Any explanations please?

@ Adeyinkat and DisGuy,
If your brokers can't sell a stock that's been on net bid for 4 days, there are only 2 issues;
1. You put a limit on the sales price which handcuffs your broker. remove it.
2. You broker is incompetent not aggressive enough. Threaten to report him/her on Nairaland. Seems to have worked in the past.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 2:05pm On Feb 11, 2008
And the elephant continues to power on, 2.48 increase in stock price today.

When do I sell and run, 20% gained for me?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by koksieboy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
@all

has anyone noticed EvansMed? It's been gaining for some days now, any reason behind this?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

here's a list i compiled last night of stock i am watching next week. its been a personal internal tug of war  on whether to post it here or not because i do not want to be accused of losing money for fellas. well here goes nothing. hope it helps.

1. fidelity - likely bull run next week
2. fbn - to continue its recent price gains
3.flourmills - likely to continue rising
4. ikeja hotels - possible turbulence to continue
5.Intercontinental - uptrend imminent
6. japauloil - looks like a good week or two up ahead
7. Nig-german - good week ahead
8. okitipupa - downturn likely

this is my take on them based on some TA but please remember, the final decision is urs!

let me look at this list now shall i, using trw prices ( cheesy  cheesy, could be wrong) and see how far with the weekly trend day 1:
1. fidelity- gained
2. fbn - gained, broke the N50 mark and then some more
3. flourmills - woops, dropped. no matter, early days yet
4. ikeja hotels - no change today
5. intercontinental - tiny gain
6. japauloil - gained
7. Nige-german - gained
8. okitipupa - no change

and the week goes on  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
upward:

@aktopgun,
you really can't have everything. At least I'm happy you actually are piloting Oceanic (highjacked), I'm just right behind you on that flight, however I got into WAPCO a while ago, and I talked about it on this thread. The guys that listened must have all boarded by now, I entered at 68naira anyway. The rumor of the bonus seems to be gaining momentum as the days go buy. Let's see how high it can go, though there may be some turbulence on the way.

What do you have to say about PZ?? Thinking of exiting after reasonable gains, but the buyers seem to still be in control (at least on full bid as at Friday)

All I have to say about PZ is that it has taken off. grin Bye bye
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2008
wapco- dropped
cornerstone - gained
abctransport - dropped
continental insurance - gained
intenegins - dropped

i like this combination of fundamentals and TA. lets see what happens by friday. oh boy, fellas go skin me alive for here  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ All,

@aktopgun,

That rumour must turn to truth or else.

If Wapco no declare bonus, some people go faint oh but if them declare bonus, na grin grin grin grin be that oh.

Make them declare bonus oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2008
Mr. Risky:

All I have to say about PZ is that it has taken off. grin Bye bye

Thanks Mr. Risky for your comment, but yeah what do you think is chasing it, where is it running to?

@aktopgun,
Please what do you say? PZ gained agained remarkably today.  Yeah WAPCO dropped, liked I said, I expected it, some turbulence on the way, as it prepares for higher altitude.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
lets remember that in all our analysis, we can't factor in one important element in the NSE and that is market sentiment.
nothing beats investigating a company thoroughly before putting ur maoney in it, nothing. it can do all the macd and RSI in this world and the world to come, if its foundations (ie fundamentals) arent good, its only a matter of time before it collapses.
investing in share as we all know is not a slot machine or as they say in my part of naija, "kalo-kalo". cheesy .

these recommendations we make to each other in this thread mean nothing at the end of the day if the learning of the reasons behind each recommendation is lost. this is mainly for our new friends who are increasing daily.

right, now that the caveat emptor is taken care of, on PZ. the jury is still out for me until a clear trend emerges. still 50-50 but signs are good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.