Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,426 members, 7,864,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820599 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2008
flakyy:

Because pumping talkam, i go apologise to yodi-yokun.

Accept my aplologies

Thanks to all the guys who put in posts to soothe frayed nerves

Sorry guys for dragging this further, Some of up just woke up.

Flakky, apology accepted  grin. I no be bufoon oooooo.

I also apologise as well, for being rude.

However, please newcomers I beg do us all a favour by keeping abreast of issues laid on here before making sweeping comments.

Its not fair to say the least make generalized comments.

One more thing, no one is untouchable ooo, we are all learning form each other.

From the look of things Aktopgun is now the next bigboylary, I see you have the TA crystall ball now.

Good for you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ aktopgun,

wapco- dropped
cornerstone - gained
abctransport - dropped
continental insurance - gained
intenegins - dropped

i like this combination of fundamentals and TA. lets see what happens by friday. oh boy, fellas go skin me alive for here    

Na me dey hold the knife oh. How Wapco go drop.

Make them profit takers stop this kind rough play oh.

I get money there oh and looking for maximum gain. Though I am smiling, I still want to smile wider.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Sorry guys for dragging this further, Some of up just woke up.

Flakky, apology accepted  grin. I no be bufoon oooooo.

I also apologise as well, for being rude.

However, please newcomers I beg do us all a favour by keeping abreast of issues laid on here before making sweeping comments.

Its not fair to say the least make generalized comments.

One more thing, no one is untouchable ooo, we are all learning form each other.

From the look of things Aktopgun is now the next bigboylary, I see you have the TA crystall ball now.

Good for you.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2008
@yodi

girl, no be me at all, there can only be one bigboylarry. i just dey learn the thing. just thought i'd share my learning experience of tech analysis with fellas.

when i grow up i still want to be like u! cheesy cheesy

@ololufemi

wassup man, long time. omo that wapco will bring a larger smile to ur face in the very near future. no shaking ( no_shaking, no pun intended cheesy)
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
by the way, if u are in crusader for the short term, time to abandon ship from the looks of things, rough few days ahead me thinks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
Has anybody NOT received his/her returned check for Dangote? i seem to be the only person still sorrowing without compensation sad sad sad

Any news on international breweries yet?
those crase people just make person portfolio shrink like AIDS patient!
make dem return my money quick quick jare!

make bull no go stampede person for floor, then as person dey dust body bear come squeeze am join grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

no shaking ( no_shaking, no pun intended cheesy)

Where no_shaking sef?

All ye that are stocking up Wapco on bonus rumour --BEWARE OOOOO

This happened last year as well and folks got their hands burnt oo.  I rememeber @Wanaj0 has mentioned this severally.

Now my dear FBN, I am dancing here - it has broken the N50 naira mark oooo. I am in very deep blue. grin grin grin anyway no selling, this na my RRSP.

Right now, I am over bought so playing the watching game.

@Easimoni, whats the gist on RT briscoe.

I know longman dey good, fantastic fundmentals and low nominal price. My problem be say no volume ooooooo - it will be diffcult to CICO on it except na buy and siddon look.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

by the way, if u are in crusader for the short term, time to abandon ship from the looks of things, rough few days ahead me thinks

We talk am last week - this is shedding week for Insurance ooo.

anyone in should get out or else the paper profit will expire.

Meanwhile, I vote for Lawunion, Unic - I am yet to investigate Mbenefit.

Is there any news on LawUnion coming to the market? These two may still afford opportunity to enter if they retract by 20%.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

Is there any news on LawUnion coming to the market? These two may still afford opportunity to enter if they retract by 20%.

I hear Lawunion is coming sooner than later. Food for thought.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ aktopgun,

My brother, how that your boy with him spreadsheet money.

Hope sey you buy Zenith for the boy oh.

The boy go dey smile noe. Infact I dey see the smile on him face sef.

Aktopgun, since you now have the crystal ball, what is your take on UNIC for now.

person wey I sabi still get him money inside.

Thanks
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2008
yodiyokun:

haven't heard anything yet. i am just assuming personally that all those who haven't come out for a P.o will do so sometime this year anyway. as pumping pointed out it might be a good time to get in on someone like Aiico who have already bitten the bullet and done their P.O early. they are good to go i think and are already dancing in the overbought region since lifting of T.S. they may just still be affordable at the going price of N4.78 or a little bit more.

me sef i don dey overbought patapata, till end of first quarter even.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2008
Aiico is not relenting but over 4M units sold today. I expect the run to end by end of this week or very early next week closer to N6. Opportunities may become available to enter after N5 sha.

At least this one is safe until share dilution.

Many Deap capital investors left the party for late. The register closes tomorrow for the bonus and many folks will be scrambling to sell as the price dips.

I expect serious depreciation after the stock price is marked down tomorrow and selling will be tough for a few days until the price drops some more.

An opportunity for CICO will present itself at some stage.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2008
pumping777:

I hear Lawunion is coming sooner than later. Food for thought.

I suspected, the way the price flew like concord jet. grin

aktopgun:

haven't heard anything yet. i am just assuming personally that all those who haven't come out for a P.o will do so sometime this year anyway. as pumping pointed out it might be a good time to get in on someone like Aiico who have already bitten the bullet and done their P.O early. they are good to go i think and are already dancing in the overbought region since lifting of T.S. they may just still be affordable at the going price of N4.78 or a little bit more.

me sef i don dey overbought patapata, till end of first quarter even.

But na to get aiico to buy now na wahala, and the volume traded is not much you know.
No one that has aiico now will be willing to sell until it gets to N5.50 - 6

I no dey join moving train, especially with this my slow brokers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ololufemi

this man, u wan put me for trouble, wink. I say na only one bigboylarry dey.

looking at the charts on nigeriansecurities.com, i'm not too bullish on UNIC in the short term. now putting on my fundamental hat, it is a good company for the medium-long term. its on my to-do list for when i'm more bouyant cash-wise. Short term changes too quickly to comment on but the signs arent good.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
@YODI

As pumping pointed out above, over 4m units of aiico were sold today alone, it shouldnt be too hard to get it. u can always ride it till u get a heads up on possible turbulence. might just be worth ur time
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2008
pumping777:

Aiico is not relenting but over 4M units sold today. I expect the run to end by end of this week or very early next week closer to N6. Opportunities may become available to enter after N5 sha.

At least this one is safe until share dilution.

Many Deap capital investors left the party for late. The register closes tomorrow for the bonus and many folks will be scrambling to sell as the price dips.

I expect serious depreciation after the stock price is marked down tomorrow and selling will be tough for a few days until the price drops some more.

An opportunity for CICO will present itself at some stage.

4Million units no plenty ooo when the deep pocket people will order 5M units.

Anyway, lets wait and see aroun 5.50, it may get tired and depress a bit .

That Deap capital na wa oo - will it not go the way of Cutix so
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by promotion(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

i like this combination of fundamentals and TA. lets see what happens by friday. oh boy, fellas go skin me alive for here  cheesy  cheesy

Nobody fit skin you unless you no put "caveat emptor" for your post.

I dey behind you for Flight "Fidelity Bank" It has taken off". E fit stop for bus stop pick more passenger as e dey liquid.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

@YODI

As pumping pointed out above, over 4m units of aiico were sold today alone, it shouldnt be too hard to get it. u can always ride it till u get a heads up on possible turbulence. might just be worth your time

Na you dey talk like this, shocked

You know say when we dissect a stock for here, no way again - na for camel to enter the eye of a needle.

People go don place standing order for Millions of unit, they wont allow thousandnaire to enter. grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:35pm On Feb 11, 2008
@yodi

i take ur point. the fear of the silent readers is the beginnning of wisdom grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2008
This one way dey release Ibori today from Prison I doubt if anybody go see that AIICO buy tomorrow.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2008
Abeg, i have been spoiled a bit by my nice broker ZSL.

Any help would be appreciated from anyone,

I no sabi fill out a Share verification form,

Full Name of Company or Undertaking - That is the share name right?

Amount or Number and full details of Shares - Write in Figures and in Words, right?

Transferor name and Address - Na where confusion start be this, Is this my Name & Address or my broker

Consideration - got no clue, what it means,

Transferee name and Address - Is this my name & address of my broker
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2008
another one cheesy

UNIVINSURE: LISTED TODAY

TODAY THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE LISTED UNIVERSAL INSURANCE PLC UNDER THE INSURANCE SECTOR AFTER A SUCCESSFUL PRIVATE PLACEMENT.

TRADES FOR TODAY,

Open High Low Close Volume___

1.940 1.940 1.940 1.940 29,470,000

got it from my brokers today. anyone know these guys?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
and another cheesy cheesy

Nigeria’s pioneer satellite broadcast outfit, DAAR Communications Limited, has concluded arrangements to raise N13.5 billion from the floor of the nation's capital market.

Dr. Raymond Dokpesi, the chairman and chief executive of DAAR Communications, disclosed this at the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in Lagos.

Dokpesi said the company has resolved to use the opportunity provided by the NSE to move the communication outfit forward.

He said the overall objective was to attain the standard of international broadcast systems like the Cable News Network (CNN).

Under the two-in-one offer, DAAR Investment and Holding will offer 980 million shares of 50 kobo each at N5 per share while DAAR Communications will offer 1.890 billion shares of 50 kobo each at N5 per share.

According to him, the combined offer is valued at N13.5 billion.

He said that the proceeds of the offers would be used to digitalise the operations of the company.

This, he said, would enable the company to shift from analogue to digital system, engaging in global telephone to provide multi-channel digital television system across West African regions.

He said that the company was also nursing the ambition of penetrating other sub African regions and foreign countries.

DAAR Communications Limited, owners of African Independent Television (AIT) is the first broadcast outfit in the country to approach the capital market for funds.

It is understood that DAAR Communications had met all the requirements stipulated by law to come to the market. - Guardian
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2008
@SavvyLanre
Abeg, i have been spoiled a bit by my nice broker ZSL.

Any help would be appreciated from anyone,

I no sabi fill out a Share verification form,

Full Name of Company or Undertaking - That is the share name right? Correct.

Amount or Number and full details of Shares - Write in Figures and in Words, right? Correct

Transferor name and Address - To be signed by you (so the shares can be transfered to buyer during transaction)

Consideration - Leave blank (It's for value in Naira when shares are sold)

Transferee name and Address - Leave blank (This is for when you are buying)

I believe the above is correct but I will the brokers in the house to re-confirm
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2008
upward:
@ aktopgun

What do you have to say about PZ??Thinking of exiting after reasonable gains, but the buyers seem to still be in control (at least on full bid as at Friday)

Upward PZ now stands at about 20% profit since that result came out when there were some worries that day. Like i said, I BUY wen i see what i want to see. Today is monday. Anything happens on Mondays. Lets see the momentum till about wednesday for PZ. If it continues, then this week will be an excellent exit for PZ.I'm looking between N31-N32.83 for an exit. Some people have just been credited with the bonus of last year and the price needs to get to at least N33 to absorb the shock of the selling that will follow this.Then one can reenter after the storm will be over.This would be around 9months results time.

@ aktopgun

When did you suddenly become a short termer. You were an avowed Longtermer like a month or two ago or there about.
  You just dey use Bomber language.Daily price movements no suppose excite you now?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2008
please i just bought trancorp shares i hope i am on the right part i need advice thanks alot
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
FatherOF2:

Upward PZ now stands at about 20% profit since that result came out when there were some worries that day. Like i said,  I BUY when i see what i want to see. Today is monday. Anything happens on Mondays. Lets see the momentum till about wednesday for PZ. If it continues, then this week will be an excellent exit for PZ.I'm looking between N31-N32.83 for an exit. Some people have just been credited with the bonus of last year and the price needs to get to at least N33 to absorb the shock of the selling that will follow this.Then one can reenter after the storm will be over.This would be around 9months results time.

@ aktopgun

When did you suddenly become a short termer. You were an avowed Longtermer like a month or two ago or there about.
  You just dey use Bomber language.Daily price movements no suppose excite you now?.

@fof2
cheesy  cheesy. funny man. Missed u man. what gwan!
i believe investments such as these that we have here should be long term. i'm sure u've noticed my posts where i said these sugggestions were for short term traders and that i choose buy points using TA (who said TA was for short termers anyway) for fundamentally sound companies. i do not trade daily frankly cuz i don't have the time or energy to monitor minute by minute plays on the NSE like a trader should.  tongue
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by afamako: 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2008
and some more,

Kajola Integrated Investment Ltd @N1.05 per share

Resort Savings Private Placement @N1.00 per share

anyone got info on these?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2008
Besides, one of the first things i learnt in investing is "never fall in love with a system, stock, company or method", its not necessary and irrelevant.

Long term players have all sort of weapons in their arsenal (there goes that useless team's name again) besides Value, PE, EPS, etc, we also have high and low altitude bombers( aka jets, fighter helocopters), mine detectors , armoured personel carriers etc grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2008
aktopgun:

@fof2
cheesy  cheesy. funny man. Missed u man. what gwan!
i believe investments such as these that we have here should be long term. i'm sure u've noticed my posts where i said these sugggestions were for short term traders and that i choose buy points using TA (who said TA was for short termers anyway) for fundamentally sound companies. i do not trade daily frankly because i don't have the time or energy to monitor minute by minute plays on the NSE like a trader should.  tongue

Ohhhhh, see d bad news when you just dey give me. I be don go buy wan white FOWL KILL NOW NOW to celebrate new short term member.
I go reserve am for later until you don convert finish. cheesy cheesy wink grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by joshO: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2008
i take your point. the fear of the silent readers is the beginnning of wisdom

Why everybody think say na silent readers be the deep pockets. I no go name people for here, but e be like
say na the visible players for this forum na them dey  move the market pass.  By the  time wey them announce stock to buy for here, them don already buy am finish so nothing remain for anybody including the
silent once sef.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2008
FatherOF2:

Ohhhhh, see d bad news when you just dey give me. I be don go buy wan white FOWL KILL NOW NOW to celebrate new short term member.
I go reserve am for later until you don convert finish. cheesy cheesy wink grin grin

cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy. who needs converting. abi na because i don add another weapon of stock destruction  cheesy to my armoury (notice i avoided that yeye team's name  wink).
what is good is good and what is not good is very bad. i am an investor, chikena. long term, short term, all that is splitting hairs. i stongly believe in the learning thats involved in the investing process and like a seed, any investment needs time to grow and take root. pull it out too early and it dies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.