Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,749 members, 7,862,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:03 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820204 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2008
Gudchoice:

shocked shocked shocked shocked I beg o!!! She I dey see double

How can Deap Jump from N10.44 to N6.87 !!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

A whooping 34% jump 9 trades and a volume of 321,000 shocked shocked shocked

Please enlighten me.

It is a taboo not to read previous posts before asking questions ke  grin grin grin  A whole you for dat matter?

I just dey pull your leg but if you navigate back a few pages (maybe even this one) you will find the jist. I don type pass to answer the question sef. Make I kuku talk am again.

Deap must have been marked down for the 1 for 2 bonus. Today na closure date.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2008
Gudchoice:

shocked shocked shocked shocked I beg o!!! She I dey see double

How can Deap Jump from N10.44 to N6.87 !!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked

A whooping 34% jump 9 trades and a volume of 321,000  shocked shocked shocked

Please enlighten me.

shine ur eye bros. it was marked down today as pumping don dey talk since 12a.m this morning
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2008
Mr. Risky:

Una see say Juli don trade more than 1,000,000 units today against 13 deals.  Aunty Juli what is moving your price grin grin grin grin grin grin  At N1.11 with a N100k you can get dozens of units.  Are you thinking of it?

I talk am say every stock get volume  grin grin grin

Na just at the right price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 3:49pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ all gurus, Fatherof2, Wanaj0, easimoni and all gurus

I need immediate help!

I bought dunlop last week @ 4.4, waiting to realise just 25% gain. it did 23% by friday but I hesitated to sell yesterday.

I was offline for 2 days and didnt get the read the market report for yesterday up until now for me to find out my profit has dwindled down to 8%.

It has lost 5% consecutively for 2 days, and by the way that is happening, I think it might continue.

Do you think I should exit now at 8% (If I sell tomorrow, it might be just 5% gain)

Or should I wait it out? Dont want to make a loss all in the name of CICO

Abeg wetin make I do/
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 3:50pm On Feb 12, 2008
yodiyokun:

I think FCMB allotment was stated in www.stockmarketnigeria.com - check the FCMB thread there for the allotment schedule.

Thanks Queen Yodi (sounds Behind doesn't it?) grin

Pls do you have any opinion on 1st Inland Bank, I'm about to go in longterm cos I believe in their IT driven products and they have great forecasts; any word please?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2008
AKT/ Pumping 777/ ALL

At what price will the DEAP resist this deep fall,

Can I also assume FCMB will release 9mth result before people that bought form IPO arrived, costly assumption I think
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Hello Gurus, please i plan to buy shares(P.O) in my Business name but because i don't have a company seal, i intend to just write the name like an individual .hope it won't affect me.Like if my company name is Joy Peters.I intend to open a CSCS account as an individual with it and when i am buying IPO since they are fond of returning money, to write it as an individual because there is a space for companies and i would need a seal which i don't have.Please i will await the Lecturer's answers.

CSCS updates its statements any day from 15th of every month.  Today is just 12th.  Before the end of the month, something will likely show in your statement.  Don't visit any chemist yet grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun:

shine your eye bros. it was marked down today as pumping don dey talk since 12a.m this morning
Men those guys are going somewhere a whopping ~N1.80 bring it on cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Prince11(m): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2008
I am getting tempted to sell my FBN -- chei,

Thou shall not be tempted to sell a stock unless it meets your objectives (or something much better is in the offing). Adapted from one of Sir Wanajo's post.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 3:55pm On Feb 12, 2008
ty_ademolu:

@ all gurus, Fatherof2, Wanaj0, easimoni and all gurus

I need immediate help!

I bought dunlop last week @ 4.4, waiting to realise just 25% gain. it did 23% by friday but I hesitated to sell yesterday.

I was offline for 2 days and didnt get the read the market report for yesterday up until now for me to find out my profit has dwindled down to 8%.

It has lost 5% consecutively for 2 days, and by the way that is happening, I think it might continue.

Do you think I should exit now at 8% (If I sell tomorrow, it might be just 5% gain)

Or should I wait it out? Dont want to make a loss all in the name of CICO

Abeg wetin make I do/

Bros, You have to find tim eto check daily price list when doing CICO, its crucial to your decision making.

That said, I believe what was driving Dunlop price was news of turnaround - this was discussed a few pages back (needle in haystack I know).

But if you have liver you can stick it out - Dunlop may just be experincing a slight pull back. Also it was on full throttle whne you entered so,

TA people what are the indicators on Dunlop?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 3:56pm On Feb 12, 2008
http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=117&a=10693

More on why you should have banks for the long-term. In addition to yodi's anecdote on her GTB shares.
Prince11:

AKT/ Pumping 777/ ALL

Can I also assume FCMB will release 9mth result before people that bought form IPO arrived, costly assumption I think
Deap did not fall, it was adjusted for a bonus.

U know what they say about assumptions?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrRisky: 3:57pm On Feb 12, 2008
Gudchoice:

Does anyone have the fair value for Nem? It closed at N4.66 today.

Which price list are you following?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Gudchoice: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2008
pumping777:

It is a taboo not to read previous posts before asking questions ke grin grin grin A whole you for that matter?

I just dey pull your leg but if you navigate back a few pages (maybe even this one) you will find the jist. I don type pass to answer the question sef. Make I kuku talk am again.

Deap must have been marked down for the 1 for 2 bonus. Today na closure date.

@ Pumping - U 2 much. Thank u jare. Ur mama born u well.

aktopgun:

shine your eye bros. it was marked down today as pumping don dey talk since 12a.m this morning

@ Topgun - thank u.

@ All - so does this make Deap a good entry candidate now?

Mr. Risky:

Which price list are you following?? grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ Risky - Right now - Capital Assets
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2008
Prince11:

AKT/ Pumping 777/ ALL

I no go look d side till he fall below N5. If not, I go leave am alone.  Make una leave the stock alone sha o. It is expensive above that price. Lower is even better.

The volume today was very low. No buyers but plenty of sellers. Dropped max 5% from open to close. The margin made is too high by those holding the stock.

Folks will continue trying to sell which should help drive down the price. Some folks will also be buying thinking the stock is cheap because they don't know closure day is here. I pity those with open orders on the floor. Cyclers may offer resistance once the drop is major but I hope it gets to my target.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2008
[quote][/quote]Hello Gurus, please i plan to buy shares(P.O) in my Business name but because i don't have a company seal, i intend to just write the name like an individual .hope it won't affect me.Like if my company name is Joy Peters.I intend to open a CSCS account as an individual with it and when i am buying IPO since they are fond of returning money, to write it as an individual because there is a space for companies and i would need a seal which i don't have.Please i will await the Lecturer's answers.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:03pm On Feb 12, 2008
easimoni:

http://www.independentngonline.com/?c=117&a=10693

More on why you should have banks for the long-term.

The banks  have managed to come up with about $350M out of a total requirement of about $5B per annum
I assume the govt is going to plug the gap. Our banks still have a long way to go!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2008
Alao, what do you people think of ABC transport?Do u think is a good buy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by MrPaulAk: 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
Hello, how are you doing?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2008
@TY ADEMOLU

omo from the charts i dey look the fall is likely to continue o! here's how i see it, but i could be wrong  wink

rsi- trending down now even though still above 70-line
macd histogram (earliest sign giver for me) is trnding down
macd trending down
candlesticks show sellers dominated now 2 days in a row, and today ran the whole show from start to finish
if u believe in gap theory (still learning this one), the opening price today was lower than opening price yesterday,

the decision is still urs, u can stick it out if u are in dunlop long term but if u are a trader, u may want to cut ur losses.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ty.
i was answering ur post on dunlop by the way
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 4:22pm On Feb 12, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Hello Gurus, please i plan to buy shares(P.O) in my Business name but because i don't have a company seal, i intend to just write the name like an individual .hope it won't affect me.Like if my company name is Joy Peters.I intend to open a CSCS account as an individual with it and when i am buying IPO since they are fond of returning money, to write it as an individual because there is a space for companies and i would need a seal which i don't have.Please i will await the Lecturer's answers.

Get a seal. Not expensive. Less than 4k I think. It saves you hassles when you want to verify certificates and handle other transactions
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
RoughCut:

The banks  have managed to come up with about $350M out of a total requirement of about $5B per annum
I assume the govt is going to plug the gap. Our banks still have a long way to go!

Nope, that's not how to read it. NNPC is proposing an alternative/supplement to the JV cash call arrangement; the JVs need $7B per annum but the govt can only fund $5b per annum. NNPC wants a bank financing arrangement with our local banks to the tune of the $2b p.a. to make up the shortfall. The local banks have only done one such project b4 to the tune of $350M but that was during the 1st phase of consolidation. Now that they have a lot more capital, they can become bigger players and the JVs no longer need to approach the citigroups of the world to fund our oil and gas projects. Kudos to the govt and banks.

I can't wait to read the names of the banks involved. I hope to see UBA.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun:

@ty.
i was answering your post on dunlop by the way

Yea I know, thank you for your reply. Thanks to the NSE, it cannot drop below 5%, so I can still get a little bit of somethin from it.

Does anyone know when the results for dunlop is coming out, if the prospects for the company are anythin to go buy, I might buy more if it dips, but if there are no prospects, Ill jus have to cut my losses and get out tomorrow.

All gurus and non -guru informants. Any info. Lets talk dunlop here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ Wanaj0

Thanks for the advise on price limit

@ Risky

UTC and 1st Aluminum

Did I just hear you say I was complaining about my broker? For where, na my accent dey confuse you. cheesy
UTC don take off with about 0.73 kobo gain in 2 days and 1st Aluminum too no wan hear.

If my Broker could get me “Aunty Juli” tomorrow again join this one, ago just marry the woman lady (broker) straight.   grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by faketan(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
Yodi, pumper grin etc
Thanks a lot.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2008
crazyT:

@ Wanaj0

Thanks for the advise on price limit

@ Risky

UTC and 1st Aluminum

Did I just hear you say I was complaining about my broker? For where, na my accent dey confuse you. cheesy
UTC don take off with about 0.73 kobo gain in 2 days and 1st Aluminum too no wan hear.

If my Broker could get me “Aunty Juli” tomorrow again join this one, ago just marry the woman lady (broker) straight.   grin grin grin

@crazyT

are u entering juli for the long term or CICO? if it is the later then u may want to put that wedding on hold for now, the price is too high now and a drop is coming in a week or so, maybe more, maybe less. if u enter at today's price u may not meet the 20-25% profit margin soon.
but if u are in it for longer than CICO then carry go! cheesy don't have easi's chart at hand on the fundamentals but i trust u don do ur homework finish patapata cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jandbaby: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2008
@all
Today's pricelist as downloaded from nigerianstockexchange.com.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2008
easimoni:

Nope, that's not how to read it. NNPC is proposing an alternative/supplement to the JV cash call arrangement; the JVs need $7B per annum but the govt can only fund $5b per annum. NNPC wants a bank financing arrangement with our local banks to the tune of the $2b p.a. to make up the shortfall. The local banks have only done one such project before to the tune of $350M but that was during the 1st phase of consolidation. Now that they have a lot more capital, they can become bigger players and the JVs no longer need to approach the citigroups of the world to fund our oil and gas projects. Kudos to the govt and banks.

I can't wait to read the names of the banks involved. I hope to see UBA.

And UBA is in pole-position to manage our $54B external reserves from some of the reports i have read
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 4:40pm On Feb 12, 2008
ty/yodi,

dunlop is on an uptrend (higher highs, higher lows), the support has crossed 4 (don't expect it to drop to that price again). 2007 was supposed to be the year they turned it around (based on the Dec 06 hybrid) and 2008 was billed to be a bumper year (PAT would triple from 07).

Much upside AND downside. May be worth is at N4 but not more.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by sweetcheek(f): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2008
@akpotogun, please what do you think about abc as at today,it closed at 3.30
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2008
@easi

dunlop's uptrend is coming down, it has done well as shown from ur chart but if u look at the right side of the main graph, dips are showing. also see from the macd histogram thats showing decresing positivity. this wave of increase in price is slowing definitely i think but if one is in for the long haul flight then by all means, enjoy!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by tyademolu(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2008
easimoni:

ty/yodi,

dunlop is on an uptrend (higher highs, higher lows), the support has crossed 4 (don't expect it to drop to that price again). 2007 was supposed to be the year they turned it around (based on the Dec 06 hybrid) and 2008 was billed to be a bumper year (PAT would triple from 07).

Much upside AND downside. May be worth is at N4 but not more.

Do you think, based on my investment objective (short term CICO) I can pull out of dunlop now and enter when it dips further?

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.