Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,518 members, 7,865,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:17 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820633 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
Achika:

JUST CHECKED MY CSCS ONLINE ACCOUNT AND FOUND OUT THAT THE ONE FOR SIX BONUS, PUBLIC OFFER AS WELL AS THE RIGHT ISSUE HAS ALL BEEN CREDITED . I THINK THE RIGHT ISSUE MUST HAVE BEEN CREDITED BETWEEN YESTERDAY AND TODAY. THE BONUS AND PUBLIC WAS CREDITED ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS AGO.

JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS WITH THE HOUSE.

Abeg which company you dey talk?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by drdaniel(m): 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ easimoni
Sorry to bother, can u please help post OHLC data for yday.11/02/2008
Just narrowly missed gettin myself before prices were updated on trw.
Tanks. Gd bless.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Achika(f): 7:21pm On Feb 12, 2008
pumping777:

Abeg which company you dey talk?

SORRY FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE COY'S NAME. IT IS THE ELEPHANT.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 7:24pm On Feb 12, 2008
How do you cancel orders with cashcraft?There is nowhere to do so on their website
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
Achika:

SORRY FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE COY'S NAME. IT IS THE ELEPHANT.

Ha. I come fear this sudden movement for this time o but FBN no be dat kin company sha. Your smile go dey very wide by now grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Bmcc(m): 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
hi Guys i got this from Zenith site and i made some modifications for the gian and loss % i hope it helps for further analysis.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2008
MACD buy signal on Vitafoam today.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by TheAdmira: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2008
blueband:

How do you cancel orders with cashcraft?There is nowhere to do so on their website

You need to call your broker. i was just musing over the same question b4 i saw ur post. there's no provision 4 cancelling pending orders.

@AKtopgun or is it Pumping? you mentioned setting an expiry date on ur buy/sell order. was that when u were still using cashcraft?

rgds.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2008
una dey vex ooooo, this thread dey fly. pumping, i remember when you had ONLY 12 POSTS AND I HAD 300. NA WA FOR U OOOO. I MUST CATCH UP grin grin
well done to all
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun, ur long termers are spot on. but u no put oceanic bank. why now
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2008
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2008
pumping.

oh yeah! vitafoam. upswing really close, a day or 2 i think

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2008
shigidi:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

of course i did, abi didnt i?

well fof2, that makes 11 then!! cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2008
shigidi:

una dey vex ooooo, this thread dey fly. pumping, i remember when you had ONLY 12 POSTS AND I HAD 300. NA WA FOR You OOOO. I MUST CATCH UP grin grin
well done to all

grin grin grin

I recognize. We go appreciate am if you come here more often.

You too spend time away from this thread na. Make we continue to enjoy more of your experience jare.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
@AKTOPGUN, @EASIMONI

Wetin TA talk about oceanic? It is looking like the selling pressure don reduce going by today's minor loss.

Your thots?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2008
i got this from nigeriansecurities as a reply to my query. so na ndidi and her people dey cause katakata. nigsec don update their site

Thank you for using NigerianSecurities.

Your observation may be correct as we have found out that NSE publishes several results during the course of the day. We publish what we get from them as they are the only one that can provide results. However what we do is to however  check again and do our updates again 4 hours after trading is done for the day so as to ensure our data is accurate at the end of the day. This is because we can not afford for the integrity of our data to be compromised as it serves as a feed to some of our tools.

Be rest assured that at the end of the day , we have whatever it is NSE has published finally for the day.

We hope this explanation was helpfull.

Regards

NigerianSecurities
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
@AKTOPGUN, @EASIMONI

Wetin TA talk about oceanic? It is looking like the selling pressure don reduce going by today's minor loss.

Your thots?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2008
debenzd:

@AKTOPGUN, @EASIMONI

Your thoughts?

I'll leave the candlesticks to AKT and pumping; Oceanic screamed buy on the 1st of Feb and I posted about it. It seems to have a support around 27 and is in a slight uptrend, RSI approaching 70. No real medium trend has emerged because of the new shares that were listed. My suggestion is to buy at 27- and CICO if the opportunity presents itself.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun:

pumping.

oh yeah! vitafoam. upswing really close, a day or 2 i think

@Aktopgun,

Thank u joo. I don dey wait for d bulls on this one.  I also guess the love for dividend go make some people rush am small. The books are due to be closed on Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2008
@debenzd

ol boy. oceanic is somewhat undecided for now as easimoni pointed out. the candles suggest there are still some sellers around.
the rsi is still ok and the macd can go either way.

kets give it a day or two shall we
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:39pm On Feb 12, 2008
]@dbenzd,  RT Briscoe is called a Ranging Stock. It stays within tight trading limits for long periods until when the real action starts very close to    
   announcement. It will present itself again,but target a day people are selling. That stock no get water (illiquid),so na when people dey sell you MUST BUY

Fof2 how you dey? Many thanks for your response. You too funny.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by marco74(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2008
easimoni how far with that ur prediction 4 ci leasing?r u serious,cos i need to run from am then?!i thought they were doing very well after their acquisition of a leasing company in ghana.also heard they're looking to go into oil exploration??can any1 confirm this.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2008
on unic, turbulence ahead. short termers heads up

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by marco74(m): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2008
by the way whats the gist with bagco??any idea when they're planning to conclude shares allottment?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Aktopgun,

Could you kindly confirm if the Candlestick chart pattern at the end of todays Trade transactions for Dunlop Plc is an "Inverted Hammer". If it is, then one needs to wait for the next days transaction to confirm the emerging trend (i.e of a Bearish pattern in an uptrend).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by easimoni(m): 9:04pm On Feb 12, 2008
marco74:

easimoni how far with that your prediction 4 ci leasing?r u serious,because i need to run from am then?!i thought they were doing very well after their acquisition of a leasing company in ghana.also heard they're looking to go into oil exploration??can anyone confirm this.

I don't have any predictions for C&I o! I was just pointing out to allcorrect that the potential listing of the extra 1b shares could shake things up so he should sell if he is not in for the long-term. I don't know when the shares will be listed but they'll drive the FY Jan 2008 PE to 49! Not sure I can justify a PE of 49.

They are not going into oil exploration (na yam?), they are going into leasing services for the industry and yes they did acquire a Ghanian leasing company.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun, my bad oceanic is there
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2008
@Pumpin 777

i dont think this is the best time to enter oceanic o!
I suggest you wait for the close of a few more candles
my 5 EMA is turning bearish over my 15 EMA,
even though the lower shadow on the last candle formed a spinning top, a few more days would definitely create a better entry point than now!
The bullish trend correction is not over yet
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2008
LondonCool:

@Aktopgun,

Could you kindly confirm if the Candlestick chart pattern at the end of todays Trade transactions for Dunlop Plc is an "Inverted Hammer". If it is, then one needs to wait for the next days transaction to confirm the emerging trend (i.e of a  Bearish pattern in an uptrend).

Londoncool

its not an inverted hammer. it shows sellers were in control.
The Hammer is a bullish reversal pattern that forms after a decline. In addition to a potential trend reversal, hammers can mark bottoms or support levels. After a decline, hammers signal a bullish revival. The low of the long lower shadow implies that sellers drove prices lower during the session. However, the strong finish indicates that buyers regained their footing to end the session on a strong note. While this may seem enough to act on, hammers require further bullish confirmation. The low of the hammer shows that plenty of sellers remain. Further buying pressure, and preferably on expanding volume, is needed before acting. Such confirmation could come from a gap up or long white candlestick. Hammers are similar to selling climaxes, and heavy volume can serve to reinforce the validity of the reversal.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shigidi(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2008
OCEANIC AT 27 - 29 IS A BUY. projected pe will be 18 at worst at this point, and u may be lucky enuff to even cico come april. nothing beats the elephant sha.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2008
bibiking1:

@Pumpin 777

i don't think this is the best time to enter oceanic o!
I suggest you wait for the close of a few more candles
my 5 EMA is turning bearish over my 15 EMA,
even though the lower shadow on the last candle formed a spinning top, a few more days would definitely create a better entry point than now!
The bullish trend correction is not over yet

pls correct me if i'm wrong but i understand that when using EMAs, the closer they are together, the more accurate eg using 10 & 15 day EMAs will be more accurate than using 20 & 50 day EMAs. EMAs are good short term indicators.
i agree about oceanic, i think it may be entering a trading range with little price fluctuations. still dont see it dropping below N28 though.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2008
aktopgun:

Londoncool

its not an inverted hammer. it shows sellers were in control.
The Hammer is a bullish reversal pattern that forms after a decline. In addition to a potential trend reversal, hammers can mark bottoms or support levels. After a decline, hammers signal a bullish revival. The low of the long lower shadow implies that sellers drove prices lower during the session. However, the strong finish indicates that buyers regained their footing to end the session on a strong note. While this may seem enough to act on, hammers require further bullish confirmation. The low of the hammer shows that plenty of sellers remain. Further buying pressure, and preferably on expanding volume, is needed before acting. Such confirmation could come from a gap up or long white candlestick. Hammers are similar to selling climaxes, and heavy volume can serve to reinforce the validity of the reversal.

Thanx for the prognosis but you have not actually confirmed what Candlestick pattern emerged today for Dunlop, I was presuming it was an Inverted Hammer-what do you say it was ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.