Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,218 members, 7,867,569 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:41 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820933 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2008
pumping777:

Everything else dey but no results to complete the picture. I'm not even sure they've eve announced results.

BTW, the volumes are pathetic. Nothing sold at all on many days.

Hmm, Maybe some rumor could help solve that problem grin grin grin
ololufemi:

@ Fatherof2,

Baba, How u dey oh.

I dey hail you and more blessing to you and your family.

Anything for the boys.

UBA no just gree commot for ground oh. E tire me oh.

The market just dey one kan and this work no dey allow person sef.

Ololufemi!!!!!!!!  you don count your loot finish? grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:46am On Feb 13, 2008
@SavvyLanre - The 22B shares wey Oceanic get go worry am o. Make we no compare Elephant with ketekete (Camel). Na only Elephant fit carry 22B passengers without shaking. Camel leg go just break patapata.

Watch as Oceanic go dey dance come down where she go become attractive again to be solicited for marriage courtship  grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 11:51am On Feb 13, 2008
pumping777:

@SavvyLanre - The 22B shares wey Oceanic get go worry am o. Make we no compare Elephant with ketekete (Camel). Na only Elephant fit carry 22B passengers without shaking. Camel leg go just break patapata.

Watch as Oceanic go dey dance come down where she go become attractive again to be solicited for marriage courtship grin grin

But once dem enter that desert later in the year na camel win am o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2008
bibiking1:

But once them enter that desert later in the year na camel win am o!

Chei!! You beat me there o!! grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by endure: 11:55am On Feb 13, 2008
@pumping777
U get d gist well, this has even gone beyond 10 days.
Wanted to sell last week, but something I can't explain happened
and decided to change my mind abt selling. Wen I saw my stockbroker
yesterday and was like I need to change gear, d guy simply said suite
urself, nw waiting to get off it this weekend, I just hope I dont regret t
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ bibiking1,

Na wah oh. I never count the money finish oh but as a honest guy, I dey wait for the next big one.

I make one investment wey wan turn to mistake now. Na prayer I dey use support am.

At least make I see my initial capital back.

I know sey I go hammer this year oh.

Na UBA just dey misbehave but I know sey as elephant don show level, na to fire on be that for am.

Time will tell.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2008
bibiking1:

@ALL
I have been hearing a lot of talk about Dunlop of recent and decided to take a TA on the stock

Dunlop had been on a down trend since around march last year from somewhere around 9 naira to as low as 2.30k or so
BUT around November and December it formed a double bottom which was a very strong revesrsal trend.
That sharp decline we noticed recently must have been due to some sentimental fundamental, the momentum has stopped falling sharply and has started levelling out
The Stochastic is way below 50, and has begun levelling out also on its fall,
The RSI is still pretty much undecided, and its the key factor for the short termers, what it does in the next few days will determine entry point for both short and medium termers.
for long termers now is a good buy

Dunlop Projection
Short term- Mixed
Medium term-Bullish
Long term-Bullish

The Candlestick pattern for Dunlop from yesterday shows that the sellers are starting to gain momentum thereby pushing down the RSI and the closing price from yesterday.It would be advisable to wait till Thursday to observe the trend if it slides further before taking a position waiting for the next upswing cycle movement. I think that the same Institutional investors that mopped up the Stock last week are the same one's trying to dump them gradually after short term profit-taking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:14pm On Feb 13, 2008
pumping777:

Watch as Oceanic go dey dance come down where she go become attractive again to be solicited for marriage courtship  grin grin

Hmnnnn funny thing is  both banks have a projected PAT of around ~N32B and actually Oceanic will  have a lower forward PE ratio.

Going forward the problem for Oceanic is i dont see any more room for growing PAT while the indomitable elephant has a N250B war-chest to grow PAT so Oceanic will have to do a share reconstruction at some point  to justify  having 22B shareholers!

Once the market starts to price in this scenario we may a see an upside to trading but dont expect the trend is going to be sustainable in the long-run. The stock is at best good for the long-term
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
debenzd:

@Fatherof2,

I have this challenge for you. I want to carry out an experiment and I need your help.

Apart from my day to day portfolio, I may be able to set out 5m for a special purpose.

I want to make 10% net proceeds(after all commission) in 2weeks for the next one yr. That implies 14% in 2 weeks. It may be with just one stock or several. I may or may not compound the profit

Is this possible? What are the pitfalls? Where do you aslo expect a lull?

Hmmmm, the EXPERIMENT. I no know as you fast reach sha.
But generally the system you just talk so.i will advice you adopt it after Mid year,not now.Na den me dey adopt am.
Right now, its not that you can use it,but this na GREEN SEASON.Earnings,reports,etc are coming out now. There's general growth.Many fit no drop back to their previous low of lows. That's why i talk of HALF CICO now, then FULL CICO from mid year wen we don clean mouth finish.
There are many PARTIES going on right now in NSE,you need to attend all of them the same time right now with that N5m.
Except you're worth at least N100m as we speak, i no go advice you use all N5m for biweekly action.But like i said, how fast can you be?. When i mean fast,i mean fast.Its not that you no go fit do am,but you must remove " I WISH" from your heart,wen you hit 14% u must bail out so fast and no let greed catch you for any stock or you'll go down with that stock and all the N5m no go fit take part for all the other parties when go dey go on for next door.
You need to split am into 5 places this season.
Take note again, no market in this world get 52 Bullish weeks. The tail tail signs of bear hibernation being over will reveal themselves later in the year. IT MUST HAPPEN.

As per UBA, the stock go good if you wan put money inside. But i always dey look 3months time frame. I get some there,but my killer movement into UBA go be when Q2 announcement dey approach because e go still dey available at about this price or slightly higher.By then, na only 3 months man need to wait for the BIG 9months when dey trully move price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Londoncool

I wan believe that na you for that your profile oh.
Na you be that?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by zomike: 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
hello pumpping
e bi like say una get click for this forum
abeg make una admit me put.
what do you guys mean by cico?
anyway ,i want know wetin the Gurus think about
first inland bank.where do you think it will get to after the technical suspension is lifted?
2)which stocks i fit enter for short time
CICO grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Londoncool

I wan believe that na you for that your profile oh.
Na you be that?.

@FatherOF2,

Was that a Question or a Statement ?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
Zomike, read back the last 10 pages, then come back to ask your question.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by zomike: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2008
BABA IBEJI,
i dey hail o! i see you online abeg put mouth for this issue.
where you advise make i pitch my tent if i wan do fast fast
like 3 months 65% profit.
how the twins?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
Pumping, Japual allottment is out. Anything below 50,000 units is FULL allottment. 250,000 units is 5.5% allottment. Hope that helps.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2008
zomike:

BABA IBEJI,
i dey hail o! i see you online abeg put mouth for this issue.
where you advise make i pitch my tent if i wan do fast fast
like 3 months 65% profit.
how the twins?

If he tells you the stock that MIGHT get you that returns,,,,
1. You might not see it to buy again
2. Some evil might befall it and it doesnt do as well as planned, then you blame him (God forbid bad thing sha)
3. You just dont get to learn yourself

So do you still want to know the stock?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by zomike: 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2008
oga loma easy ooo
if you be my lecturer you go dey very harsh oo
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

Pumping,  Japual allottment is out. Anything below 50,000 units is FULL allottment. 250,000 units is 5.5% allottment. Hope that helps.

@Guru Wanajo
5.5% of 250k units? Is that wot you meant If it is, pray, what sense does that allotment schedule make? Me too don get PO antibodies sharp sharp o!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2008
eniyanman:

@wanaj0,
any news from Afrinvest regarding MTNN? Results should have been out yesterday. Thanks.

UNofficial info says it was oversubscribed!!!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

i am tempted to believe that even if the mallam in front of my street comes out with a PO it will still be OVERSUBSCRIBED!!!!! angry sad angry sad angry sad
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

The almighty million dollars PP was oversubscribed? How come, who are the people that subscribed to the thing self? Mehn! Money dey Nigeria sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Otunba Wanajo

Please post more details on Japaul allotments, including additional rights - if you have the info.

Thanks.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2008
Quote from: Rhemagirl on Yesterday at 03:16:58 PM
Hello Gurus, please i plan to buy shares(P.O) in my Business name but because i don't have a company seal, i intend to just write the name like an individual .hope it won't affect me.Like if my company name is Joy Peters.I intend to open a CSCS account as an individual with it and when i am buying IPO since they are fond of returning money, to write it as an individual because there is a space for companies and i would need a seal which i don't have.Please i will await the Lecturer's answers.

CSCS updates its statements any day from 15th of every month.  Today is just 12th.  Before the end of the month, something will likely show in your statement.  Don't visit any chemist yet
[quote][/quote]

Thanks Mr.Risky for helping out but what i am trying to ask as i can see you are online is that i have a business name and a bank account in it and due to all these stories of returned money, i plan to be buying shares in that business name when doing IPO but because on every IPO form, they write that if its corporate ,you must put the company seal, i intend to register the Business name as an individual when i am opening a CSCS account.Hope it wont affect me.

Secondly i bought G T Bank shares sometimes around October from the secondary market,do i qualify  for Dividend given for their 3rd quarter year end?

Thank you
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
adeyinkat:

@Guru Wanajo
5.5% of 250k units? Is that wot you meant If it is, pray, what sense does that allotment schedule make? Me too don get PO antibodies sharp sharp o!

5.5% of 250,000 units. Will see if I can get the allottment posted.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ All,

Some people don hammer for Japaul oh. Na only if meteorite hit amm wey fit make Japaul fall to like N8 which is still above double the PO price. And as SEC don dey wise up, we hope sey we go see certificates to sell the thing oh.

Make them push am reach N20 so safe landing spot go be N15 naira.

Multiple PO offers under different names na them go enjoy this offer quick.

I see people smiling to the bank. Not through Bigboylarry's crytal ball but with my koro koro eyes.

Japaul may be another Dangote in the making for boys.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

5.5% of 250,000 units. Will see if I can get the allottment posted.

Please can you clarify for me, what about someone that bought 2,000,000 units; will it still be 5.5%
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2008
pumping777:

Me dey listen when Wanaj0 talk say he go slip today o but as u talk make we still dey look. We sabi those wey dey wine and dine with Madam Ndi grin grin

FBN was out to make story of hitting N1tr capitalisation. Hence now that that is achieved, expect the price to drop to the N48.00 - N50.00 mark.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2008
londoncool:
@FatherOF2,

Was that a Question or a Statement ?

Question mark dey d end.

Na you be that ?.

Na that kind belle i dey target every saturday for gym.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by enurayce: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ All i need your help
Its looks like my broker is set to defraud me!!!!

Please can anyone help me with the pricelist of equities for 29/01/08 or any site where i can retreive such info.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by goldenson(m): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
enurayce:

@ All i need your help
Its looks like my broker is set to defraud me!!!!

Please can anyone help me with the pricelist of equities for 29/01/08 or any site where i can retreive such info.

Go to this link and choose the date u want :

http://www.cashcraft.com/pricemovement.asp
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2008
FatherOF2:

Question mark dey d end.

Na you be that ?.

Na that kind belle i dey target every saturday for gym.

Rhetorical questions are statements and they also have question marks at the end. Anyway, its not me (its a popular Nigerian Model based in US) people say we look alike  grin, but my belle is not too far away from his. (i.e 4 pack instead of 6 pack).
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2008
wanaj0:

FBN was out to make story of hitting N1tr capitalisation. Hence now that that is achieved, expect the price to drop to the N48.00 - N50.00 mark.

Which will be within striking distance of those who still want to 'ride' on this donkey that nobody has ever ridden on before all the way triumphantly into JERUSALEM and for moi who is still looking for more!

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.