Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,198 members, 7,867,466 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:42 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820913 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2008
[/quote]CSCS updates its statements any day from 15th of every month. Today is just 12th. Before the end of the month, something will likely show in your statement. Don't visit any chemist yet [quote]

I am still waiting Mr.Risky
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2008
FatherOF2:

Na that kind belle i dey target every saturday for gym.

You still  get time  for  gym? Well i suppose if you CI on Mondays and CO on Fridays that leaves your saturdays free for gymnastics grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by shawla: 2:02pm On Feb 13, 2008
@londoncool fo2
somebody said y av 6 packs when u can have 1 big one
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by ololufemi: 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ All,

Any news about price today.

We dey wait oh.

My broker is really beginning to piss me off. Just found out that he did not buy Nascon on my recommendation. na story he dey tell me.

I need to pay him a visit to even check up my account.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2008
[Please , can somebody tell me how to insert somebody's quote, name, date and time it was quoted just in case u want to make reference to it.I tried to look for @ but can't  even find it .Thank u
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2008
shawla:

@londoncool fo2
somebody said y av 6 packs when u can have 1 big one

Whats the secret?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Rhemagirl(f): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2008
Roughcut,how did u do this on your 782th quote?Quote from: FatherOF2 on Today at 01:43:25 PM
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

We dey wait oh.

TRW have just sent in todays interim price list
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:09pm On Feb 13, 2008
ololufemi:

@ All,

We dey wait oh.

My broker is really beginning to piss me off. Just found out that he did not buy Nascon on my recommendation. na story he dey tell me.

I need to pay him a visit to even check up my account.

Yes o

FIRSTBANK Closed at 52.12  drop N2.74  that is -4.99 %

Same with OCEANIC closed at  29  lost 0.98 that is -3.27 %
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by upward(m): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2008
LondonCool:

TRW have just sent in todays interim price list

Interim indeed, because anything can still happen (from experience).

@Ololufemi, here goes

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2008
Rhemagirl:

Roughcut,how did u do this on your 782th quote?Quote from: FatherOF2 on Today at 01:43:25 PM

If the post you are looking for is not on the page when you click the reply button go back to the home page and click on the name of the poster whose post you want  to reply to and select Show the last posts for this person and then select the post you want to reply to and click Ouote and Bob's your uncle!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Ola007(m): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2008
Rhemagirl:

[Please , can somebody tell me how to insert somebody's quote, name, date and time it was quoted just in case u want to make reference to it.I tried to look for @ but can't even find it .Thank u

click on username and under additional info, click on show the last posts of this person and select the post you want to quote by clicking quote.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2008
Transcorp has crossed the N4 barrier today with almost 5% gain (6th day on a roll)  and the only news on Transcorp for now is about the Nitel (which is not positive) or are we missing something here?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ Kpineo,

More christmas salt and pepper just dey enter NASCON men. See another killing in the making.
   KPINEO na small remain to wipe off your tears loss.You shall smile after then.

@dbenzd,

na here your N5m for enter oh. But as you fit don miss am, another killing dey for pipeline soonest.

mmmm, see money on top of money.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:21pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Goldenson, Wanajo, etc

Seems Japaul PO allotment is in today's Punch.

Roughly:

50,000 and less will get full allotment

50,001 to 200,000 get 19.24%

200,001 to 500,000 get 5.5%

500,001 to 1,000,000 get 2.2%

etc.

I assume it will be on an escalatory scale. Thus if you apply for, say, 270,000 you should get:

50,000 + 19.24% of 150,000 + 5.5% of 70,000.
This is my assumption.

Samstone4 cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2008
Men anybody wen no buy Diamond today, today fit be one of the last chances oh.Killing wan come for Diamond.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Kpineo,
More christmas salt and pepper just dey enter NASCON men. See another killing in the making.
KPINEO na small remain to wipe off your tears loss.You shall smile after then.

Father, i see you get your Disciple for mind. More blessing. I actually asked the yeye broker to buy more since thursday to lower the cost price overall. But as i speak to am this morning he say e never buy am, i quickly cancelled as i think the profit has already been made. 2 more days and am back in the black. Should i sell if it happens or hold on still. Am sure there is a rumour of bonus or something going on. My broker advised to buy more, say results are going to be good. but fear no gree me.
I get spare N1m should i increase my luggage in UBA or face Diamond or FCMB.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2008
Dunlop Plc has fallen to N4.84, this is the best time to start mopping it up (for long-term speculators) as its resistance level is N4. The market sentiment about their turnaround cycle being completed is pushing it up and down depending when they presumed the turnaround started or if its yet to start. Dunlop has bought over PAMOL Rubber Estate in Calabar (they share the same boundary with  the TINAPA Business Resort), as a sole monopolist in possession of abundance of Raw materials -Dunlop will soon bounce back. I have a very strong hunch about this stock, They did take up another huge credit facility recently (after their 2006 P.O)  but I think they are buying assets wisely.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:33pm On Feb 13, 2008
kpineo:

Father, i see you get your Disciple for mind. More blessing. I actually asked the yeye broker to buy more since thursday to lower the cost price overall. But as i speak to am this morning he say e never buy am, i quickly cancelled as i think the profit has already been made. 2 more days and am back in the black. Should i sell if it happens or hold on still. Am sure there is a rumour of bonus or something going on. My broker advised to buy more, say results are going to be good. but fear no gree me.
I get spare N1m should i increase my luggage in UBA or face Diamond or FCMB.

Leave UBA for now, e go still represent later.
If you wan fire, na Diamond you fit fire now,but you for fire am today,na wen people dey sell na e dem dey buy.E get better statistics than FCMB at this current moment only oh. I still dey FCMB big time. Na the fastest i choose of the two.
Me i dey expect great things from NASCON results wise. You no see their half year last year?.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by samstone4(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2008
@Crazy T

I suspect Transcorp has convinced government of the need for it to divest 25% of its (i.e government's) stake to enable transcorp get a technical partner to run Nitel.

Transcorp's previous insistence was   that Transcorp will still control the company although not certain if this remains the case. This was a contentious point with Vodacom.

You can imagine a situation where a minority investor, the government, was controlling Nitel with more directors on the board. Government was calling the shots but wanted transcorp to put up the money!

Even if transcorp loses control it may still be positive news if the new investor pays a good price for their stake and are competent. This will however detract from my main reason for investing in Transcorp: "100% Nigerian" and a world beater that has the wherewithal to take on the multinationals.

Samstone4 cool cool cool
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debbra(f): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
what about Diamond share any goodies grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2008
Who is that sole punter who keeps on buying and selling Dangote Flour stock everyday since it was listed ? Is he a market maker?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2008
i think diamond might still have 1 or 2 entry days ahead according to the charts.
AKTOPGUN, please correct if am wrong. chart attached, i no sabi insert as image.

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2008
EOoooooooooooooooo!
Transcorp don vex o!
Na VOLTRON e dey do for floor now o!
them say he who no know no know?
right now na ignorance wan kill me o!
why stock wen dem talk bad thing about dey rise? anyway i get small wen i buy cheap sha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:43pm On Feb 13, 2008
FAther of plenti, where is the next Nascon. Smiling at my spreadsheet money, bought a load at N16.40

grin cheesy wink smiley cool

Easimoni,shey  na u dey carry the SCOA  no gree let me buy. Allow your boy just 200k units please.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2008
LondonCool:

Who is that sole punter who keeps on buying and selling Dangote Flour stock everyday since it was listed ? Is he a market maker?

This na how dem dey move stock prices go up. First there will be a net bid on the floor. No cap price. Dem go come just just dey sell a few units at 5% max price of the day until they are ready to off load. See Juli. See Transexpr.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2008
@wanaj0 - Thanks for that tip on Japual.

How you take know say I do the PO? This an first PO casuality wey I lose out to oversubscription. For a reason I don't understand it was done in one tranch so nothing for me  5.5% ke? Mo gbe o.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by kpineo: 2:48pm On Feb 13, 2008
LondonCool:

I am personally very weary of Dangote flour as i am sure it will do another Nascon on us. initial rise, then sudden crash.
My brother look elsewhere, that stock is been manipulated.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by adeyinkat: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
samstone4:

@Goldenson, Wanajo, etc

Seems Japaul PO allotment is in today's Punch.

Roughly:

50,000 and less will get full allotment

50,001 to 200,000 get 19.24%

200,001 to 500,000 get 5.5%

500,001 to 1,000,000 get 2.2%

etc.

I assume it will be on an escalatory scale. Thus if you apply for, say, 270,000 you should get:

50,000 + 19.24% of 150,000 + 5.5% of 70,000.
This is my assumption.

Samstone4 cool cool

Key word in RED! grin
I pray your assumption is right o my broda!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2008
@ tboy1

Na jan31st i post AIR SERVICES pop up my radar at N18 card.I no know if you buy am that day.
 Na N23 today oh and on full bid.

loma:

FAther of plenti, where is the next Nascon. Smiling at my spreadsheet money, bought a load at N16.40

grin cheesy wink smiley cool

Easimoni,shey  na u dey carry the SCOA  no gree let me buy. Allow your boy just 200k units please.

Men i dey wait make people do selling oh. But one good one dey wen i dey see. I just PRAY say Pumping and Easimoni no see am on time.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bibiking1(m): 2:53pm On Feb 13, 2008
kpineo:

i think diamond might still have 1 or 2 entry days ahead according to the charts.
AKTOPGUN, please correct if am wrong. chart attached, i no sabi insert as image.

There is no definite crossover of your EMA's yet, there could be a fakeout and investment become losses,
It is always better for the faster EMA to crossover the slower one first, before a move is made.
BUT the problem with waiting for good entry point is that all 'em money bags no go let person see road when that time reach.

Anyway good luck sha!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by LondonCool(m): 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2008
@kpineo,

The candlestick pattern for Diamond Bank  today should be a "Shooting Star", (actually Nig.Securities.com dont always get the correct candle shapes) which infers that the Bulls controlled the ball for part of the game, but lost control by the end and the Bears made an impressive comeback .A Shooting Star can mark a potential trend reversal or resistance level.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.