Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,204 members, 7,836,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (816663 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by elemu(m): 6:19am On Mar 07, 2008
Scream:

Hello Nairalanders, I actually directed the question to @elemu because he was the only person on-line in the page as at when I was posting. Meanwhile, I want to be buying from both the Secondary and Primary Markets. I need a very good Broker, Pleasssssssse, advise me. I am new in Stock Trading. I've started readind from the first page of the thread so I can have a grasp of where we are coming from grin grin
I beg no vex. If you have little time go through the previous pages. Start from 600 you will see recommendations from Gurus in the house. Stock picks based on short medium and long term investing strategies.

If you want to learn more about the investing basics register in the site http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/
and download a very useful book called "The Beginners Guide to Investing in the Nigerian Stockmarket"

Hope that helps
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 6:21am On Mar 07, 2008
samstone4:

@ Pumping and Ioma

Following the intervention of Ioma I have decided to send my Delta Force to supervise Pumping's action against Cashcraft.
Pumping. Go ahead with your plan to write SEC and copy Cashcraft.

Make sure the copy to Cashcraft is addressed to the MD.

My Delta will be in the background to put his favourite dog's head in his bed.
To make him an offer he can't refuse - as we used to say during joint operations with the Cosa Nostra.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool

All Correct!!! grin cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by beginner: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2008
Pumping this is the first time I have noticed your anger. Try the normal method first, send them a written mandate to correct their error and carry out your instruction if you still want to sell your fidelity. This would give you something to support your complain to sec etc. I am sure they must have realised you are a high net worth customer and they were doing everything to get you back. But some units of Big treat instead of Fidelity might have done the trick. Anyway have a blessed day and don't start it in anger.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jay4pa: 8:31am On Mar 07, 2008
Hi Guys,

Can the experienced stocks guys in the house tell me which stock can someone
invest in for short and long term investment.

tnx
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2008
Abu-Maryam:

Nairalanders
Please pumping help me broker the sell of my 400kg of c&i leasing at 15.43. My broker  is telling me their system crash like sosoliso abi na bell view de no fit access any account.  Aktpgun are u interested ?
me ku na  help me secure my spreedsheet money grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy

this guy, u must be having a laugh. Me Buy CILeasing at N15.43? in this bear cub infested market? no thanks.

as i told blueband yesterday, the bear cubs are coming out, mother and papa bear are not too far behind. its a good thing from the bear end of things the NSE has a 5% gain/loss moratorium on shares per day cuz some of these fundamentally unsound stock (CILeasing not included but still too expensive for my taste now) would fall like rocks ala livestock and ko. so we have the pleasure of being able to jump out before the prices really hit the basement but even then the selling pressure no go gree ur broker see am sell cuz of the overflow of sellers.

me i no dey do CILeasing at 15.43, no be moving train be that? i dont have a death wish.

so Abu, u no like me at all at all. wetin i do u now? cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 10:55am On Mar 07, 2008
samstone4:

@ Pumping and Ioma

Following the intervention of Ioma I have decided to send my Delta Force to supervise Pumping's action against Cashcraft.
Pumping. Go ahead with your plan to write SEC and copy Cashcraft.

Make sure the copy to Cashcraft is addressed to the MD.

My Delta will be in the background to put his favourite dog's head in his bed.
To make him an offer he can't refuse - as we used to say during joint operations with the Cosa Nostra.

Samstone4 cool cool cool cool

GODFATHER!

DON CORLEONE SAMSTONE!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

T hey don't know who they're messing with. soon they will say hello to ur little friend! cheesy cheesy (scarface cheesy)

@ pumping

what are u waiting for, hit them hard, hit them quick! leave nothing standing. Pump action.

should u need a topgun just holla.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:23am On Mar 07, 2008
@ Aktopgun
Haba! Me no like u? U be my man check your candle now de tin go reach 20 naira next year. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by teena(f): 11:58am On Mar 07, 2008
My People, Una welldone.

Abeg wetin una dey talk about DARR COMMUNICATION IPO?
Good for small Investor on the long term?

Tnx to all contributors.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2008
Ok. Now my broker got my BigTreat,Cutix and and Niwi, I can go back to sleep while the pilot resumes the flight!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by RoughCut(m): 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2008
loma:

Niwi, I can go back to sleep while the pilot resumes the flight!

I beg make you confirm or deny quick quick the new shareholder that has joined the Niwi Cable party! As i wan use the loot from John Holt attack this one cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2008
loma:

Ok. Now my broker got my BigTreat,Cutix and and Niwi, I can go back to sleep while the pilot resumes the flight!

Nobody dey sleep for this plane o until I get my own or else I go hijack the plane and we come see how you wan take close eyes  grin grin grin
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2008
ABC at 6.30kobo today.I have made 100 percent on what I left behind.Greed.I am failing one of the cardinal laws of CICO o.E b like say I go remain greedy for now see where the bus go reach.Maybe na Chad.I heard they run the West African Coast now,sorry Sahara Desert Route
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 12:29pm On Mar 07, 2008
@ Blueband

Omo where u see the price list now?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by hbrednic: 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
i bought a large quantity of the infamous capital oil today,
just for a sharp sharp cico. 10 % after commissions will be enough,hope i dont get my hands and legs burnt embarassed  

GRAPEVINE NEWS:
GOLDEN SEC IS DOING A PP.
MANU4LIFE
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
Crazy T na NSE website
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2008
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by crazyT(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2008
blueband:

Todays results
http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx

Thanks for the link
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 1:45pm On Mar 07, 2008
By Ikechukwu Emelike
Livestock feeds plc has released its full year result to the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The company whose share price opened January this year at N3.63 and got to N9.96 at the end of trading on March 5, 2008, fell by 72 kobo yesterday to close at N9.24 at the end of trading on the floor. This is obviously as a result of the poor result just released to the public. It traded a total volume of 24,571,540 in 548 deals.

According to the results turnover for the period increased slightly by 4 percent from N560 million recorded in 2006 to N581.7 million in 2007. Profit before tax declined significantly by 900 percent from N728 million in 2006 to N8.840 million in 2007. After tax profit was no good as it also decreased by 998 percent from N748 million recorded in 2006 to N8.324 million in 2007.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by contactuzo(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2008
brothers and sisters
pls can someone tell me wats hapenning with lasaco.its gradually loosing blood. and i got almost 300kg there. should i bail out or hold on?
wendy,top gun,rough cut,pumping,
pls say something,pls
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:48pm On Mar 07, 2008
windywendy:

chei, i'm just seeing the price list for today. All of una wey get tripple g, I hope you sold o, because I remember sounding a warning here like 2 days ago. Don't come and cry on here if you see your spreadsheet profit disappearing, because na me go first say "told ya so" grin. Same applies to afprint and livestock holders. at this rate sef, I suppose dey collect tax for making the right call on sale warnings  cheesy

Oya o, eyin dunlop-ites, make una begin ready o. If you know you're not in for the long haul, prepare to parachute now and re-enter later. From the looks of things, it might take a dive sooner than later. Looks like there was selling pressure today. Same applies to ABC, but me na medium haul I dey for that one and I doubt seriously that it will fall by more than 10% if at all it does -- won't be worth cico if it doesn't fall by more than 10%. My opinion though, plus caveat empty, temptress, etc etc well well

disclosure: I don't have dunlop, but have loads of ABC  grin

if u believe in oracles, looks like windy got it right again folks. it dipped today on high volume (3rd highest in whole market). it may stagnate around this price but who knows. need to see te candles for today but looks like it was a doji (dragonfly) or at least very close to one. not a good thing especially with high volume. it suggests traders are not sure they want to buy higher than current price and it portends a further likely downturn or more likely stagnation. how long this will last is anyone's guess.

hope this helps the CICO fans. i do not YET own dunlop but watching it closely.

Operation code name: tyre strike
objective: exterminate dunlop
modus operandi: stealth mode
expected outcome: HAMMERRRRRRRRR!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2008
Insurance stocks are beginning to find there level.Oasis Insurance spoilt the show for them by declaring 2k dividend for a 5 naira share.So what is there really to invest?

I guess institutional investors are pulling out of most Insurance stocks .Or just maybe Ibori na him dey sell all him stocks to fund tomorrows PDP convention grin grin grin grin grin.I knew we should have kept that guy in Prison.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 1:57pm On Mar 07, 2008
blueband:

Insurance stocks are beginning to find there level.Oasis Insurance spoilt the show for them by declaring 2k dividend for a 5 naira share.So what is there really to invest?

I guess institutional investors are pulling out of most Insurance stocks .Or just maybe Ibori na him dey sell all him stocks to fund tomorrows PDP convention grin grin grin grin grin.I knew we should have kept that guy in Prison.

INTERESTING SIGNATURE MAN.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by blueband(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
AK,
The signature will remain there.My little way of advertising against Cashcraft.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by loma(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2008
UAC Properties: REAL ESTATE
 Long-Term Perspective
Background: UPDC Plc, established in 1997, is 46% owned by UAC of Nigeria Plc., 5% by Unico CPFA Limited
and 26% by other corporate bodies including First Trustees Nig. Limited. Its listed shares are widely held by
Nigerian individuals and corporates, with no shareholder holding more than 10%. Its business is structured around
carefully chosen market segments in Hotels, Office/Shops and Residentials It is arguably the leading Nigerian
property development and management company and still remains the only one listed.
Despite uneven earnings over recent quarters (and the 4-month delay in the release of its 3rd Quarter results to
September 2007- which is often a sign of trends that management is not eager to reveal) double-digit growth is
inherent in valuable properties within its portfolio like Festac ’77, 1004 Flats, Abuja Hillview Estate and its Port
Harcourt Luxury apartments.
The jewel in the crown though is the Victoria Island Mall Plaza- estimated to cost $117 million (with proposed IFC
loan funding of $40 million complimenting) consisting of a complex of 36 high-end luxury apartments, a 15-storey
office tower, a multi-storey car park with 450 spaces, a shopping center and a 160-room 4-star hotel.

Caveat repete!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2008
pumping777:

Thank you too much jare. Make you do all jo!! Dem too vex me sef  grin grin

Don't worry na both "Natural" and "Supernatural" force - we go take launch. Meanwhile, i go warn the MDs' friend wey be my neighbor for here.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:20pm On Mar 07, 2008
windywendy:

You no know me o! my name na windywendy and i'm anonymous to the core  grin grin

What company did you work for?

Since I no know you - no shaking na.

Me too I remain lagbaja tamedo - no shaking.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by yodiyokun(f): 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2008
windywendy:

Try big treat! Alternatively you can bid for berger at the lowest price either tomorrow or Monday. It should pick up sometime next week.

By the way since when did you become a cico-addict tongue

I dey look Big treat and berger paints with one eye be4 be4. Yesterday I ordered Bigtreat - come see my broker,

He quickly send email to me this morning say - Big treat is on seriou sbid so therefore unavailable but they wil try sha -- wetin be that na

See ajebo broker, they never even try them don they go negative, chei

Abeg windy who be your agbero broker angry angry
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by mecatchcha: 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2008
@WindyWendy, @AkTopGun, @All,

Please, how do I get an Agbero Stock Broker. My broker be toddler, be like say him dey shy for floor.

WindyWendy. helpooooooooooooooooooo. Never make any damn profit this year. Na so so RED my spreadsheet dey show.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2008
loma:

By Ikechukwu Emelike
Livestock feeds plc has released its full year result to the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. The company whose share price opened January this year at N3.63 and got to N9.96 at the end of trading on March 5, 2008, fell by 72 kobo yesterday to close at N9.24 at the end of trading on the floor. This is obviously as a result of the poor result just released to the public. It traded a total volume of 24,571,540 in 548 deals.

According to the results turnover for the period increased slightly by 4 percent from N560 million recorded in 2006 to N581.7 million in 2007. Profit before tax declined significantly by 900 percent from N728 million in 2006 to N8.840 million in 2007. After tax profit was no good as it also decreased by 998 percent from N748 million recorded in 2006 to N8.324 million in 2007.

This is no fresh news, it has been in the public domain for a while, check out wanaj0 spreadsheet. This result is for YE 31/03/07. Livestock feeds is making a turnaround, Q2 PAT is about N23m. Whilst this is not fanatastic, I think it is +ve signs, they might make N50m for YE 31/03/08. Compared with 8.23 for YE '07, this shows a significant turnaround.

My opinion though, usual caveats

Disclosure - Livestocks feeds is sitting pretty in the risky portion of my portfolio
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2008
Statistics As At Friday, March 7, 2008

Open Price 28.50

High Price 29.40

Low Price 28.40

Close Price 28.40

Avg. Net Chg. 1.10

Close Net Chg. 0.40

this is from the NSE website. rubbish.

does any one hav ethe pricelist downloaded from the NSE official list for the day yet?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by SavvyLanre: 2:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
First Phase Launch on Cashcraft - Voice your Concerns, Enough is Enough

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118241.0.html#msg2032949
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by pumping777(m): 2:45pm On Mar 07, 2008
bigjay01:

This is no fresh news, it has been in the public domain for a while, check out wanaj0 spreadsheet. This result is for YE 31/03/07. Livestock feeds is making a turnaround, Q2 PAT is about N23m. Whilst this is not fanatastic, I think it is +ve signs, they might make N50m for YE 31/03/08. Compared with 8.23 for YE '07, this shows a significant turnaround.

My opinion though, usual caveats

Disclosure - Livestocks feeds is sitting pretty in the risky portion of my portfolio

You're right. However, the news is being recycled by some media houses. Sometimes this is how companies say they have done their due dilligence in making information about the performance of the company visible so it does not appear there is an intentional manipulation of prices.

Consider one other subtle example. The MD of Costain said they were projecting the share price of Costain to be around N30 in 2009 when the stock price was already over N30 at that point in time. This is a way of signalling that the current price is not realistic and investors should be wary. However, for those positioned for temporary CICO and then re-entry this is nothing to worry about. However, this is the cue for a long term investor of the stock to be cautious when buying above that price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.