Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians - Investment (625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Market Tips For Nigerians (820727 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Stock Market: Questions And Answers / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (793) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2008
wanaj0:

Many people are becoming silent readers as there is no price to pay for only reading!!
Sad  sad sad sad

@Wanaj0, Pumping, Wendy,

What do you guys know about NSLTech management? Can they deliver? I appreciate your responses.

http://www.stockmarketnigeria.com/2008/02/04/national-sports-lottery-deploys-20000-e-payment-machines/
Dr. Kola Daisi, the Chief Executive while addressing financial correspondents, stated that the company projects a profit after tax of N3.03billion and N7.27billion and N9.1billion within the next three years respectively, promising a reward of up to 60 per cent of profit after tax as dividend pay out. While adding that more than 70 percent cash was still outside of the banking system in Nigeria, he raised hopes on the possibility of the installations absorbing up to 40 per cent of cash- dependent transactions. He pointed out that Nigeria has less than 2,000 terminals, and that this initiative would see installations made in filling stations, supermarkets, hotels, shops, restaurants etc.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:02pm On Mar 09, 2008
jideakin1:

Yeah right oga topgun, my fears too.
but as you go for the former, I feel much better.
Anyway the result is still not looking bad sha, please confirm their outstanding share of 5911528735.
I just want to be sure.

confirmed sir.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2008
Can anyone help clear something for me here? I used to think it was the NCR that mounts cash machines/ATMs, now that link about NSL installing cash machines? Is this the same type offered by NCR or a different type?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by Safive: 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2008
pumping777:

Replied.

Thanks so much
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 7:14pm On Mar 09, 2008
@ Pumping and all,
Please confirm this data for me, NEM - PAT 3rd Qtr=330000000, n0 of Shares=5029250734, this gives me a forward PE of 55 @ current price which looks quite expensive to me.

Abeg save me from wrong data oh.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by aktopgun(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2008
invisible!:

Can anyone help clear something for me here? I used to think it was the NCR that mounts cash machines/ATMs, now that link about NSL installing cash machines? Is this the same type offered by NCR or a different type?

i got this for u:

NCR Corporation is a leading global technology company providing ATMs, retail systems and IT services. NCR Nigeria provides support for financial institutions and companies throughout Nigeria.

i guess there's now competition for the NCR in this area now.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2008
On the other hand, I believe the country still have a lot of potential in making money from flexible payment options. I think this ATMs have come to stay as I now find it so convenient withdrawing cash at odd hours in front of my office, just before I leave office as opposed to travelling to the nearest bank.

As more ppl start to use this option, other methods of payment will become acceptable to the mallams selling suya or the ibo boys owning small shops. Then these big cash options providers will turn up more profits. I think NSL/NCR will rock.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
@topgun, the ATM nearest to me has NCR as its model, are you saying it was made by NCR global and then serviced by NCR nigeria, if so dont you think that at one point the two companies may combine operations; if the global arm feel there is good money to be made if they come nearer to this under banked region?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2008
@Invisible
I like your analysis and I am thinking the same. The growth potential is HUGE. If Soludu succeeds with the currency thing then these machines will work even better as they won't need to hold as much physical notes and people can withdrwaw more. Them fit even reach the yankee drive through model  cheesy
Plus I also think they will make good money from the lottery itself, na cash business.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2008
By these my postulations above, I am only trying to select the stock that may do better in the longer term between NSL and NCR, this will aid my decision as to which one to position in.

Which would you chose at current valuations, all?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2008
@NBA, your mention of drive through ATM, I heard a friend say its already in Nigeria, but I dont know where. We are coming up, so would you choose NSL over NCR?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2008
invisible!:

By these my postulations above, I am only trying to select the stock that may do better in the longer term between NSL and NCR, this will aid my decision as to which one to position in.

Which would you chose at current valuations, all?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by bigjay01(m): 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2008
pumping777:

Mutual Benefits Insurance Plc

Turnover          PBT           TAX                 PAT

=N='000       =N='000    =N='000        =N='000

30-Sep-07 9 Mths      1,709,000        728,552        72,855          655,697 
30-Sep-06 9 Mths      1,436,000        886,095        18,978          867,117 
                                    19.0%             -17.8%         -24.4%

@Pumping

I think MBenefit 9M '06 result is wrong. Shuld it not be Turnover/PBT/TAX/PAT ===> 759.2/231.6/18.9/212.65

I stand corrected
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2008
is a bonus rumour true in betaglass?if anyone has an info,gladly let us know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by NBA(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2008
invisible!:

@NBA, your mention of drive through ATM, I heard a friend say its already in Nigeria, but I don't know where. We are coming up, so would you choose NSL over NCR?
I don't know myslef, trying to find out more too. I hope someone here can help with more information.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2008
invisible!:

@NBA, your mention of drive through ATM, I heard a friend say its already in Nigeria, but I don't know where. We are coming up, so would you choose NSL over NCR?

GTB has the drive through ATM

What is the relationship between NSL (Sports Lottery) and NCR?? NSL is isntalling 'GAMBLING' machines and not ATM!!!!

cj2008:

is a bonus rumour true in betaglass?if anyone has an info,gladly let us know.

Rumours are only confirmed or disproved when the announcements are made!!! Remember the story of WAPCo?
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2008
Beta glass bonus, then I don hammer! Only say the thing na rumors only. But why is the price not galloping up as it should.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2008
AHHHH!!!!! @ all, Pumping, AKTopgun, everybody pls help me oh!
When did outstanding shares for LASACO become 14,178,211,979? oh my God I already bought a trailer load of that stock. all these hiding of fact and information even by NSE is the reason why fundametal can't work with NSE.
Chei! Nigeria with all it's ill in everything.

Please what do you guys advice? sell off very quickly and count my loss? or just abandon the money there? but for how long? pls just help with any advice. I bought last week at 5.30, with the above outstanding share I don't see it getting back to 5.30 anytime soon not to talk of profit.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2008
jideakin1:

AHHHH!!!!! @ all, Pumping, AKTopgun, everybody please help me oh!
When did outstanding shares for LASACO become 14,178,211,979? oh my God I already bought a trailer load of that stock. all these hiding of fact and information even by NSE is the reason why fundametal can't work with NSE.
Chei! Nigeria with all it's ill in everything.

Please what do you guys advice? sell off very quickly and count my loss? or just abandon the money there? but for how long? please just help with any advice. I bought last week at 5.30, with the above outstanding share I don't see it getting back to 5.30 anytime soon not to talk of profit.

Don't know the figures of LASSACO. But it is already stated many times that figures as pere insurance companies are shrouded in secrecy!!!!! When the figures comes out, the prices will adjust accordingly. Do your due dilligence before placing an order. If you are doing a CICO, be assured that you can handle the associated eventualities.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by cj2008: 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2008
lasaco has abt 7 bill units,kant trace were u gt ur info 4rm.Meanwhile if i were u,i`ll stay put,Lasaco is is the most profitable insurance company in Nigeria.Ask someone
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2008
cj2008:

lasaco has about 7 bill units,kant trace were u gt your info from.Meanwhile if i were u,i`ll stay put,Lasaco is is the most profitable insurance company in Nigeria.Ask someone

And how did you arrive at this
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by BIGBOYLARY(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2008
TO BE INFORMED IS TO BE TRANSFORMED TO UNLEASHED THE POWER OF INFORMATION IS TO KNOW HAPPY WEEKEND cool[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2008
I now have made a stand, I will buy more insurance stocks at any price below N3!

This is what I will like to call my 'margin of error' price.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by FatherOF2: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2008
beginner:
Father of 2

This 2 weeks must be over Ke. Anyway for all the posts you have missed abeg give us one CICO stock for next week that would deliver 20% (excluding big treat that one is guaranteed 50% minimum). No insurance please, I am through with them until they start releasing results - I am not in for a 2p waste of time.

OKOMU, But 3 forthnights waiting.

@ Ioma

Trully you have graphic talent.

I'm actually enjoying observing more now. The new commers are pulling their weight.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Ioma

I'm actually enjoying observing more now. The new commers are pulling their weight.

Lai Lai!!!! Request for observer status not granted

You must be a weather forecaster? Would prefer Presco to Okomu though.

Did you exit WAPCo or are you holding on? Rumours of a PO in the offing. So they may jerk up the price for that.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by wanaj0: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2008
invisible!:

I now have made a stand, I will buy more insurance stocks at any price below N3!

This is what I will like to call my 'margin of error' price.

Why Thought insurance na 10.00 stocks!!!!
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by jideakin1: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2008
Got the info from Meristem. What is more confusing is that I just noticed they have different figures in two different documents. 7,323,313,227 in one and 14,178,211,979 in the other.
I strongly pray the former is the correct one oh.

@cj2008
cj2008:

lasaco has about 7 bill units,kant trace were u gt your info from.Meanwhile if i were u,i`ll stay put,Lasaco is is the most profitable insurance company in Nigeria.Ask someone

How did you arive at this conclusion? even with the former as n0 of shares they still have an Est. EPS of 0.16. where did you put coys like crusader, custodian, LawUnion, Prestige and co.?

Please tell me what I don't know.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by JAW: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2008
deleted
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2008
Ha! All the exiled peeps are back! Fof2 and even the BB larry himself! This must be a great night.

@Wanaj0, I am very afraid of the insurance sector now, with these kinds of surprises like the 2kobo dividend, the uncertain # of shares, the 'big claim' scare, the sudden PO/TS traps etc etc, that sector will wait for me until I finish CICO in other sectors. They will see N10 maybe next year.
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2008
wanaj0:

Lai Lai!!!! Request for observer status not granted

You must be a weather forecaster? Would prefer Presco to Okomu though.

Did you exit WAPCo or are you holding on? Rumours of a PO in the offing. So they may jerk up the price for that.

hEARD OF THIS TOO. IF IT IS TRUE THEN EXPECT THE PRICE TO JUMP WHEN IT BECOMES OBVIOUS
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by debenzd(f): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2008
FatherOF2:

@ Ioma

fatherof2, we no gre ooooo! I have benn looking forward to your post this weekend. Na Sunday, Sunday medicine you wan be?

Okomu is correct. Their result is due on the 5th of April
Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by invisible2(m): 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2008
@debenzed, waiting for Wapcos PO rumor to be confirmed will only mean you may arrive late for the price pump party. However my reason for refusing to buy next week is this, supposing you get caught in TS and has to wait it out, the price surge post TS may not happen - reason?

Remember that this is the same company that has paid N1.20 for a N70+ share? How much could they pay with increased shares?

(1) (2) (3) ... (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) ... (793) (Reply)

Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum / Crypto Currency Investors Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.